Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
EDIT: This is a gif and should probably go in a different thread. Sorry.

Double EDIT: Since I'm at the top of the page, and took down my Von Erich gif, here's a sexy picture of Kevin Von Erich with a big snake instead.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

DeepDickPizza posted:

Double EDIT: Since I'm at the top of the page, and took down my Von Erich gif, here's a sexy picture of Kevin Von Erich with a big snake instead.

Two big snakes, actually.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Haha I was looking for that one as a comparison! Also the Punk/ADR one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Oh poo poo, somebody hosed up the timestream!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I think this mostly looks that way because it's a magazine scan, or at least it appears to be. Or a scan of an actual photo. The raw photo is likely more crisp and could be edited to look "more modern".

It is interesting to see the old look of wrestling in general, though. Was watching Survivor Series 96 the other day and there are so many little differences from lighting to entrances to interviews to commentary that really just let you know the era you're in. I feel like WWE has felt like it's in the same era for the past 15 years or so, or whenever all of the PPV sets started being homogenized to look like RAW.

I think it's just a shallower focus so the crowd is blurry.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

EDIT: This is a gif and should probably go in a different thread. Sorry.

Unf.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Greg Valentine (and that's Greg Valentine on the right for, those unaware of his Rhythm & Blues run) is just the most bullshit looking person in wresting history.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Oh hey look what I found

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

"I could eat you...."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Greg Valentine (and that's Greg Valentine on the right for, those unaware of his Rhythm & Blues run) is just the most bullshit looking person in wresting history.

Greg just wants to fuckin wrestle. its all he ever wanted to do. I love Greg. He'll fight you for sake of fighting you. He kicked my rear end in a parking lot while 4 dudes stood around and chanted "you still got it".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Back in the late-80's/early-90's, WWF would do an annual King of the Ring house show that I guess was never referenced on air in any meaningful way. I was looking at the 1991 tournament and...

...why is IRS booked like such a face? He wrestles two heels, two of his opponents have byes and he's beaten in the finals by Bret Hart, who has the harsh path of a jobber (Kerry Von Erich no-showed), Skinner and a bye.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan looks so weird without his facial hair.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Greg just wants to fuckin wrestle. its all he ever wanted to do. I love Greg. He'll fight you for sake of fighting you. He kicked my rear end in a parking lot while 4 dudes stood around and chanted "you still got it".

He's looked like an Appalachian memaw since he was in his 20s

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's looked like an Appalachian memaw since he was in his 20s

I always thought he'd make a great Ma Fratelli.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ZixTheYeti posted:

I always thought he'd make a great Ma Fratelli.

Throw Hammer from the Train

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh my God lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lance storm looks like the cop from black sheep who pulls over chris farley for going 7 mph

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Lance Storm looks like a middle aged guy with a strict diet and workout regimen.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

OctoberCountry posted:

Throw Hammer from the Train

I'd watch this.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Burt Buckle posted:

Lance Storm looks like a middle aged guy with a strict diet and workout regimen.

Lance Storm is a middle aged guy with a strict diet and workout regimen.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He has commented in the recent past that he's in better shape now than when he was working because he can actually eat properly at home instead of only ordering plain grilled chicken burgers from fast food joints and throwing away the bun while on the road.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Kind of looks like a slightly better shaped topless Putin.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lance Storm looks like a Russian soldier and he always has. I don't know why but I thought that about him way back in his ECW days and I've never been able to shake it. To me he will always be fighting for glorious Motherland. :ussr:

Gavok posted:

Back in the late-80's/early-90's, WWF would do an annual King of the Ring house show that I guess was never referenced on air in any meaningful way. I was looking at the 1991 tournament and...

...why is IRS booked like such a face? He wrestles two heels, two of his opponents have byes and he's beaten in the finals by Bret Hart, who has the harsh path of a jobber (Kerry Von Erich no-showed), Skinner and a bye.
Berserker was more of a chaotic force of nature than a heel, Fuji notwithstanding. Beating Duggan in the 2nd round and meeting Bret in the finals seems more heelish on IRS's part to me, plus didn't the Nasty Boys have a face run? I'm more baffled at whose idea it was to push Jerry Sags to the semis and not have Dibiase or Steamboat advance.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
On the other hand, you get to see 15 minutes of Steamboat/DiBiase and less than 5 minutes of Sags.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pete Doherty was a wrestler?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Say Nothing posted:

Pete Doherty was a wrestler?

Not that one, and you will address him by his proper title, "The Duke of Dorchester".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Lance Storm looks like a Russian soldier and he always has. I don't know why but I thought that about him way back in his ECW days and I've never been able to shake it. To me he will always be fighting for glorious Motherland. :ussr:

Berserker was more of a chaotic force of nature than a heel, Fuji notwithstanding. Beating Duggan in the 2nd round and meeting Bret in the finals seems more heelish on IRS's part to me, plus didn't the Nasty Boys have a face run? I'm more baffled at whose idea it was to push Jerry Sags to the semis and not have Dibiase or Steamboat advance.

That was one of his original ideas for a gimmick according to Jericho's first book!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lance Storm looks like a dorky Henry Rollins. they even share the same exact philosophy towards food.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
that horrible bleached mullet-rat-tail thing he had on the back of his buzzcut in the early '90s kinda ruined the "super soldier" effect

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Thauros posted:

dorky Henry Rollins

hmm

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lance storm looks like a cartoon turtle without a shell. He just needs heart boxers to complete the look.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hell I'd gently caress him

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

megadad

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Hell I'd gently caress him

Missionary, lights off and possibly through a hole in the sheets.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Pudgy Tozawa is something I never knew I needed to see.