Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year
This poll is closed.
Towns 36 29.75%
Russell 2 1.65%
Okafor 19 15.70%
The Zinger 39 32.23%
Hezonja 5 4.13%
Blockenstein's monster 18 14.88%
Mudiay 2 1.65%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Spite posted:

He's unhappy about the officiating. It's pretty atrocious, but GSW is also playing like poo poo.

For the last week everyone's defense on Curry has been "foul the poo poo out of him" and it's kind of worked. Which is totally valid, but it's really frustrating to see GSW get called for things that happen to their star literally every possession.

Which isn't to excuse that Ezeli charge, lol.

Oh, I was hoping maybe he did something besides jawing. It's clear even from the nosebleeds they are just beating the poo poo out of Curry and it's not being called. I'm more used to college ball and it seems every possession I see about ten things that look like fouls to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grozz Nuy posted:

That sure did not feel like a quarter the Dubs won by six

Countdown to Death Star lineup is at... 7 minutes, let's say?

Yeah, the lead will be down to four

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

OctoberBlues posted:

Oh, I was hoping maybe he did something besides jawing. It's clear even from the nosebleeds they are just beating the poo poo out of Curry and it's not being called. I'm more used to college ball and it seems every possession I see about ten things that look like fouls to me.

Yeah I bet someone from GSW says something very pointed in a public way if this continues.

Oh, Mo is in. How long until he gives away the lead?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

So it's a street ball game?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

OctoberBlues posted:

It really makes no sense at all why he doesn't get more calls. :iiam:

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Clark has some potential, I think he'll end up being a good backup.

That's a soft rear end foul call. What the gently caress man?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Locator posted:

It really makes no sense at all why he doesn't get more calls. :iiam:

Metapod posted:

Curry doesn't get calls because he is a cat. Only dogs get calls

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The gently caress is this officiating, for real

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Serious question, is Like Walton an NBA head coach next season?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Metapod posted:

So it's a street ball game?

I prefer it just to watch as a game, except when it's absolutely ridiculous, like some things have seemed tonight.

I would never say that the actual college game is better than the NBA, I like it for other reasons.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

The gently caress is this officiating, for real

C'mon now, Barbossa totally did not have his left arm pulled back completely by the defender on that break, it was just a muscle twitch (also, it didn't matter anyway).

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The Great Flying Speights :stare:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mornacale posted:

Lakers

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Mo Speights coming to life?!?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Why would you wish that on him?

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I just love Iggy so much, you guys

Warriors are getting killed by Denver on the offensive glass, it feels like every loose ball gets to a Nugget

This has the feel of a standard last year win where Curry doesn't even need to play the 4th, I'm not sure we'll see that lineup tbh, probably just Draymond and Klay to close it out.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MO WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mornacale posted:

Probably depends on how many openings there are. I still think his rotations are kind of suspect, there's been too many lineups that can't score on the floor in the middle periods of games this year. I think he'd be best taking over a young team he could grow with, like Minnesota.

On the other hand, Luke Walton coaching the Lakers is too funny to not happen

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Probably depends on how many openings there are. I still think his rotations are kind of suspect, there's been too many lineups that can't score on the floor in the middle periods of games this year. I think he'd be best taking over a young team he could grow with, like Minnesota.

On the other hand, Luke Walton coaching the Lakers is too funny to not happen

I agree. He waits too long to take a starter out then alternates them in bulk instead of sprinkling them in with the bench crew. He does know the value of the small ball death squad though, which is nice.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Luke is pretty bad with lineups. Like I said before, he's making the same mistakes Kerr did at the beginning, but Kerr figured it out faster than Walton. Kerr also had the benefit of Mo shooting crazy well at the start of the year.

That bench lineup wasn't terrible.
Walton needs to use Clark more because he's the only scoring/driving threat the bench has. Except for Iggy, but Iggy never shoots so he doesn't count.

Also Jason Thompson can't be worse than Mo at this point. He can hit a midrange shot every now and then, right?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Mudiay will be so good if he can learn to shoot but maaaan is he bad at that right now

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Gallinari is having one of the worst games I've ever seen.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Lakers are a trash team. I'm really hoping the Blazers don't blow up in the second half. Lillard already has 14 points 8 assists.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That's the softest T for hanging on the rim I've ever seen.

And that's a ridiculous flop. This officiating is atrocious.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Steph gets mugged all game, no whistles

Draymond hangs on the rim and immediately gets a tech

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Pretty sure Draymond took more contact on his drive than Jokic on that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
At least the bench got the lead up high enough that Steph got the 4th quarter off

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Steph gets mugged all game, no whistles

Draymond hangs on the rim and immediately gets a tech

And the Warriors are going to barely not make the spread. It makes you wonder, sometimes. It also makes me happy I don't gamble on sports.

VVVVVV- Honestly, what's wrong with me. That's what matters!

OBi fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 23, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Holy poo poo 15-0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mornacale posted:

Holy poo poo 15-0

Time for the Lakers to snap the streak!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
After a really bad first few weeks, Russell is really starting to look way more comfortable out there

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That would be hilarious, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will laugh my rear end off if they lose at home to the Lakers. It'll be amazing.

The Glumslinger posted:

After a really bad first few weeks, Russell is really starting to look way more comfortable out there

Byron Scott vindicated?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tuesday will be the trappiest of trap games

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Tuesday will be the trappiest of trap games

Nah, if anything the streak increases our odds of victory because the dubs will really want it. I expect the Lakers to come ready to play and they seemed to match up pretty well against us last year, but I don't expect the dubs to be too sloppy early. They want to stand alone with that record. Also it's a home game.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mornacale posted:

Holy poo poo 15-0

What a time to be alive.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

OBi posted:

Nah, if anything the streak increases our odds of victory because the dubs will really want it. I expect the Lakers to come ready to play and they seemed to match up pretty well against us last year, but I don't expect the dubs to be too sloppy early. They want to stand alone with that record. Also it's a home game.

That game from just before Christmas last year still really sticks in my craw. Just once I want them to absolutely paste the Lakers while they're still bad to make up for all the years where we were terrible.

And yes I fully realize I'm lighting the Rick signal by saying that

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Grozz Nuy posted:

That game from just before Christmas last year still really sticks in my craw. Just once I want them to absolutely paste the Lakers while they're still bad to make up for all the years where we were terrible.

And yes I fully realize I'm lighting the Rick signal by saying that

I honestly believe we lost that game because the families traveled with the team for Christmas. Curry was sleeping in the same hotel room as his very young daughter and probably had to make arrangements for a poo poo ton of family members and friends.

e: that's my hypothesis, anyway

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm glad he's looking better. Let's just not think about how this could have all been worked out in a week if byron had played him normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mornacale posted:

Serious answer, dunno maybe

• Locked thread