Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BooLoo posted:

oh yeah, also the rebels took out a russian helicopter today too but that's not hitting the news for some reason.

meanwhile, russia has done it's annual "it's nearly christmas time!" threat to cut off all gas to my part of europe.

it would probably be worse for russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really can't see the rest of NATO looking at Turkey and smoothly saying "we ride together, we die together. bad boys for life." but it's still a revoltin development

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah if Russia starts poo poo w/ Turkey nato has to respond otherwise it would be very bad

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
absolutely nothing will happen and all of you will probably forget about this in a month's time

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Shaggar posted:

it would probably be worse for russia

yes but russia has a long glorious history of crushing their own to gently caress someone else up :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ the French tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BooLoo posted:

yes but russia has a long glorious history of crushing their own to gently caress someone else up :)

this is so real

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shaggar posted:

nah if Russia starts poo poo w/ Turkey nato has to respond otherwise it would be very bad

it looks like Turkey was the belligerent and I'm pretty sure NATO is a "defensive" treaty. there's a million ways out of this one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i love when grown men admit they listen to grimes lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

graph posted:

i love when grown men admit they listen to grimes lol

grimes is Good though

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

it looks like Turkey was the belligerent and I'm pretty sure NATO is a "defensive" treaty. there's a million ways out of this one

according to turkey Russia violated their airspace and if that's the case then turkey was within their rights to shoot down the jet. if this is the case nato would have to respond to any Russian retaliation.

if not, well then that gets complicated.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bump_fn posted:

grimes is Good though

lmao

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Shaggar posted:

or they could kick turkey out of nato

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BooLoo posted:

guys, this turkey/russia thing is loving _riveting_.

turkey turns out to be bigger assholes the more i learn about them, so i'm not sure who to root for

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Shaggar posted:

according to turkey Russia violated their airspace and if that's the case then turkey was within their rights to shoot down the jet. if this is the case nato would have to respond to any Russian retaliation.

if not, well then that gets complicated.

yeah, nato already told them to gently caress off earlier this month so either they have to stand by their statement or wheedle out of it.

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_123392.htm

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Roargasm posted:

that would be very bad

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

prefect posted:

turkey turns out to be bigger assholes the more i learn about them, so i'm not sure who to root for

putin and erdogan are both horrible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roargasm posted:

jfc nope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

grimes is Good though

:lol:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

WWIII :munch:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roargasm posted:

ask you are self why was NATO formed

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This is why I'm glad the United States is a isolated backwater, far away from the major population centers of the world.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
by the way, the turkmen rebels are meant to be armed/supported by the us, so this is just such a fascinating clusterfuck.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Shaggar posted:

that would be very bad

everyone should be in one big alliance then

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BooLoo posted:

yeah, nato already told them to gently caress off earlier this month so either they have to stand by their statement or wheedle out of it.

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_123392.htm

a statement like that costs them nothing, though. I find it hard to believe they'd straight start a land war in Europe because Turkey shot down a jet that might have been in their airspace depending on who you ask. they can easily make it out to be Turkey's fault if they wanted to and not look like they're backing down

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

indigi posted:

a statement like that costs them nothing, though. I find it hard to believe they'd straight start a land war in Europe because Turkey shot down a jet that might have been in their airspace depending on who you ask. they can easily make it out to be Turkey's fault if they wanted to and not look like they're backing down

i don't think this is about what nato will do, it's more about what russia will do. at least, that's what's making people jittery over here :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roargasm posted:

everyone should be in one big alliance then

ask you are self what NATO is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Citizen Tayne posted:

This is why I'm glad the United States is a isolated backwater, far away from the major population centers of the world.

yeah unless ww3 involves an icbm exchange in which case rip earth the us would probably turn isolationist because roughly 50 percent of the country will oppose the executive no matter what

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is the Paris of the east

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a Russian dominated Western Europe would be an interesting thing

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
all this talk about turkey nobody calling out that you gotta use the proper cranberry jelly (NOT whole berry) from ocean spray

that's the poo poo right there

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

all this talk about turkey nobody calling out that you gotta use the proper cranberry jelly (NOT whole berry) from ocean spray

that's the poo poo right there

yes, i agree; cranberries are poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BooLoo posted:

i don't think this is about what nato will do, it's more about what russia will do. at least, that's what's making people jittery over here :)

I'm kinda surprised they haven't already done something dumb

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
that looks like a blood clot

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like how picky eaters rush to be first to say they dont like (food) that majority of people enjoy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BooLoo posted:

sneak preview of american arteries after thanksgiving

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BooLoo posted:

some very very tasty things are basically just blood clots

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sniep posted:

i like how picky eaters rush to be first to say they dont like (food) that majority of people enjoy

i'm not a picky eater but i don't like ketchup or peanut butter

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I like cranberries but not cranberry jelly or other jello type things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

cranberries are so nasty that ocean spray would go out of business if they weren't allowed to heavily sugar them

• Locked thread