Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

cjs: lmao I just "acquired" information about our merger and restructuring next year. they were adamant that "no jobs would be cut" as a result of this and what they meant was that no "jobs" would be cut but the people doing them might be and then that job foisted upon someone else, preferably in a lower cost region. this info was given to me with the explicit purpose that i totally make sure that no one else finds out ok

llllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Podima posted:

arcade is the best but the yes man ending is unconditionally the best thing ever

after you shoot your way into the fake Romans' base and deal with the centurion there, the NCR general shows up and is all like "great job kid, we'll take it from here" and then a horde of soldier robots roll up behind him and you get to go "actually I've got this from here, gently caress off" and it rules.

holy poo poo I might go replay just for that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also I cannot wait to watch the lions tomorrow

my brother in law got free tickets and im finna shank him for the tickets

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cat Face Joe posted:

cjs: lmao I just "acquired" information about our merger and restructuring next year. they were adamant that "no jobs would be cut" as a result of this and what they meant was that no "jobs" would be cut but the people doing them might be and then that job foisted upon someone else, preferably in a lower cost region. this info was given to me with the explicit purpose that i totally make sure that no one else finds out ok

llllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooo

Cool, the management class is testing you.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Citizen Tayne posted:

Identifying with mainstream pop culture and pretending that it somehow makes you a member of an oppressed class is in and of itself delightfully pathological.

like what u like and don't give a poo poo what others think

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Citizen Tayne posted:

yeah but they hosed up hard cause I'm fixin to jet anyway

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Blinkz0rz posted:

like what u like and don't give a poo poo what others think

*clears throat* Wrong.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Identifying with mainstream pop culture and pretending that it somehow makes you a member of an oppressed class is in and of itself delightfully pathological.

Right? It boggles the mind.

Playing video games does not make you a "Nerd" either. Making your whole life about video games does make you a Nerd.

Saying "only Nerds like Star Wars" or "only Nerds play video games" is complete nonsense in this day and age.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I like Jerking off to Klurf pics. I don't care who knows it. I'm loud and proud! I'm HURF for KLURF!!! YEA!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nerd psychology is flexible enough to flout a pariah status while simultaneously taking credit for every billionaire computers guy. it's as meaningless a term now as hipster is

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ok on the train now then a drive across the entire width of Pennsylvania rip me (not driving tho, rip my brother)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Smythe posted:

I like Jerking off to Klurf pics. I don't care who knows it. I'm loud and proud! I'm HURF for KLURF!!! YEA!

mods ban this chucklurfuck

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

cls: ct scan yaaaaaaayyy

jfc the iv loving HURT

missed my right wrist and im p sure they bruised the bone

left wrist hit the vein but holy poo poo some of the worst pain I've ever had, I yelled like a baby

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah but they hosed up hard cause I'm fixin to jet anyway

spill the beans before you gtfo

let the fuckers burn

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
i like things, and also do not like things

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Tayter Swift posted:

jfc the iv loving HURT

left wrist hit the vein but holy poo poo some of the worst pain I've ever had, I yelled like a baby

They always try my inner elbow first and I tell them every time that they will have to do it in my wrist. Every time they screw it up at first.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Solus M.D. posted:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cat Face Joe posted:

how long till the riots?

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

Tayter Swift posted:

jfc the iv loving HURT

what're you getting scanned for

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

one way loyalty owns. capitalism owns.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

this or they're hunting for moles

in any case it's good you're jetting

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Solus M.D. posted:

same

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

lol is there a hitler klurf I bet there is

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

ok on the train now then a drive across the entire width of Pennsylvania rip me (not driving tho, rip my brother)

tori is your brother‽

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's one of my favorite drives. shame you're not doing it during the day and looking at all the colors

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ArmZ posted:

one way loyalty owns. capitalism owns.

xpostin from tech bubel

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

As a Millennial myself, I found accusations of our sensitivity, narcissism, and sense of entitlement to be personally offensive and dismissed them as wholly unfounded. However, after I started my own business I came to a startling realization.

According to a recent study performed by Red Brick Research, over 80% of hiring managers claim that their Millennial employees display narcissistic tendencies. Perhaps even more troubling, only 27% of managers believe that their young employees are team players. The negative sentiment expressed by the hiring managers surveyed stands in stark contrast to the view that Millennials have of themselves. For example, over two-thirds of those surveyed see themselves in a management role in the next five years. At the same time, 58% of the same respondents reported that they intended to stay in their current role for fewer than three years. Unsurprisingly, 52% of Millennials viewed the concept of employee loyalty as being overrated. When asked about what they value in a job, the top three responses were exciting work, flexibility, and control.

To be honest, the statistics that the study presented filled me with dread. It turns out I was a lot more of a typical Millennial than I thought. Prior to founding BodeTree, the longest I’ve ever stuck with a job was just over three years. I always held the opinion that I should be in management, and I viewed loyalty to a company as antiquated as the concept of pensions. These traits seemed perfectly reasonable at the time, but now that I owned my own business I found my expectations changing.

Once I was in charge, I found that the very traits I rebelled against earlier in my career were the ones I found most valuable in my employees. The best members of my team were loyal, dedicated, and humble. I expected that most people we hired would have these traits hardwired to some extent, and that overall performance would fall in the middle of the typical bell curve.

My Millennial employees, however, were frequently unable to cope with tasks that were boring but necessary, and their performance suffered as a result. At the same time, salary expectations were high, praise was expected, and everyone believed they should be in a leadership role. In short, much was expected from the company with very little provided in return.

lol gently caress this guy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

that's one of my favorite drives. shame you're not doing it during the day and looking at all the colors

it's v pretty and also I feel cool cuz Tina fey wrote about it in her book from doing it all the time

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so I'm from Erie, pa, in the northwest corner on Lake Erie here's my conversation with anyone from New York:

"oh I live in nw pennsylvania"
"that's so close! lucky you"
"no it's eight hours away"
:crossarms:
and then I found the kicker:
"I'm twenty miles from Ohio"
:aaaaa:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
ha i never realized the drive from erie to baltimore was shorter than new york.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Solus M.D. posted:

what're you getting scanned for

just another follow up after having my kidney out last year

should be my last ct scan for p much ever, I'm too young to be getting too many of them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

ha i never realized the drive from erie to baltimore was shorter than new york.

yeah i had family on the west fork and it was always a weirdly short trip barring traffic on the beltway

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

driving through ohio sucks

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ftfy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

triple sulk posted:

driving through ohio sucks

img that 30 Rock ep about Cleveland

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bump_fn posted:

img that 30 Rock ep about Cleveland

"everyone's a model west of the allegheny, Liz"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
times
grimes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I found this new thread title earlier today in Stamford

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

I found this new thread title earlier today in Stamford

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Got my Turkey Day prework done. Cant wait. So psyched. T-day best holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sixers 0-16. lol thank u celtics.

• Locked thread