Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Baby boomer dads are an awful people.

Swing by basically any guitar or music thread, bluesdads are a curse upon all hobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It was the same when I was collecting records as a teenager, these guys in their fifties who look like they teach both PE and algebra, standing around gawking at an uncensored copy of Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, waiting for the one woman in the shop to leave so they can crack jokes about getting the naked lady on the cover drunk so she'd put out. Except now it's the same guys standing around a Stern table, complaining about how Wizard of Oz is a "fag theme". It's very inviting.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I didn't see any of that at Free Play Florida for what it's worth. :shrug:

Though it did have a Big Juicy Melons that I was embarrassed to be in the same room with. I hung out over with the EMs and the flipperless tabletop games. Someone brought a bingo game this year but I still haven't seen a working pitch-and-bat in years.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pinball FX2 tables are on sale 50-75% off (except the newest one).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226980/

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I didn't see any of that at Free Play Florida for what it's worth. :shrug:

Though it did have a Big Juicy Melons that I was embarrassed to be in the same room with. I hung out over with the EMs and the flipperless tabletop games. Someone brought a bingo game this year but I still haven't seen a working pitch-and-bat in years.

How was it this year? I had made plans to go, but I got stuck waiting to paint fake diarrhea on an old lady's butt on a film set that ended up running nearly 6 hours behind. By the time I got out of there it was too late.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Better than last year. They had a ton more machines and a second room full of old game consoles and Japanese computers so the crowd was spread out more and I could just walk up and down the rows until I found something open. I saw little kids playing Doom on a 4-computer LAN setup the whole time I was there and I got to play a Vectrex and Darius on an X68000. They even had TWO Hardbody machines!!! Someone had the bright idea of putting a darts machine at the end of one of the rows. I probably wouldn't have done that.

Unlike last year, when a machine broke, someone would at least try to fix it.

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.
Dammit. Okay, now tell me it sucked and that I didn't miss anything and the only tables there were Gottlieb.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Hey, Tee'd Off is underrated!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like Cue Ball Wizard.

But that might just be because those thing are literally bulletproof so every one i've seen in the wild has played really well. :3:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Come on Farsight... put out 8-Ball Deluxe.
Yer closing in on it with the release of Xenon.

Just loving do it.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Whole triple pack of these sweet & hot pinball tables are 80% off: http://store.steampowered.com/app/373810/

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Robnoxious posted:

Come on Farsight... put out 8-Ball Deluxe.

Eightball Deluxe would be awesome, as would, maybe just out of personal preference, Bad Cats (meow meow-meow meow).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Tasteful Bulge posted:

Dammit. Okay, now tell me it sucked and that I didn't miss anything and the only tables there were Gottlieb.

Someone brought a collection of Premier tables with that ugly low-effort artwork.

If I had room in my car I could have bought a Leland All-American Football game for $150.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Tasteful Bulge posted:

You best not be knockin' on Black Hole, bub. :colbert:

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Eightball Deluxe would be awesome, as would, maybe just out of personal preference, Bad Cats (meow meow-meow meow).

Bad cats is actually about cats? Holy poo poo. This sticker has been on a cabinet at work since the game came out. I'd never actually seen the machine. I assumed it was just like Party Animal, but with only cats.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Domus posted:

Bad cats is actually about cats? Holy poo poo. This sticker has been on a cabinet at work since the game came out. I'd never actually seen the machine. I assumed it was just like Party Animal, but with only cats.

Haha, yeah, it's pretty purely cat-themed, which is really nice. Simple, no multiball, but a lot of fun, especially the big, elegant, super-satisfying left ramp that goes up all the way around the playfield. I haven't played Mousin' Around yet but I'd imagine they'd go well together.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

It also features one of the best starting callouts BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD CATS

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Der-Wreck posted:

It also features one of the best starting callouts BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD CATS

Lol, that poo poo gets old fast

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
The problem with Bad Cats on TPA would be that it's effectively a one shot game, if you're able to loop the left ramp, you can get unbelievably enormous scores. It's got great art and sound though, and is good on location, but TPA isn't great at simpler games.

Mousin Around is a bit trickier though. I love that game.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

The fact that Stern picked up Whoa Nelly! for mass production says a lot about the demographic the pinball market is shooting for. horny dads

Yeah when that table dropped I felt a twinge of embarrassment about my hobby :( Felt like something from 40 years ago in the worst possible way. Unfortunately it seems to have hit home with its intended market and does well on location too so I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that crap in the pipeline.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd love someone to mod the cabinet to just remove all of the women so that it's just a collection of pinball table designers openly sexually attracted to fruit.

Or maybe take the top backglass and swap the head of the woman and the dog.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme

Hooters Etailer posted:

Yeah when that table dropped I felt a twinge of embarrassment about my hobby :( Felt like something from 40 years ago in the worst possible way. Unfortunately it seems to have hit home with its intended market and does well on location too so I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that crap in the pipeline.

It ain't doin' well at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor, at least. Of course, I have no idea what does do well there - the fact that that place is still in business amazes me. (not that I mind)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hooters Etailer posted:

I heard that sales were, to paraphrase: "worse than Stern expected, but better than everyone else expected"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Any Pinball FX tables worth picking up during the sale? Idk my favourite is still the one that's free (Sorcerer's Lair)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

mike12345 posted:

Any Pinball FX tables worth picking up during the sale? Idk my favourite is still the one that's free (Sorcerer's Lair)

I'd say most of the $0.74 cent ones are certainly worth less than a dollar (never played Fantastic Four, Civil War, or Ms Splosion man). The rest are at least in the top 50% of tables for pinball fx in my opinion. Earth Defense is one I keep coming back to, despite its age etc.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm rather fond of the Fantastic Four table, and I'll give that one a recommend as well.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone have a guess when No Fear is going to be dropping in TPA? Or is it really just whenever they feel like it?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Does anyone have a guess when No Fear is going to be dropping in TPA? Or is it really just whenever they feel like it?

I read something on the forums that it was going to drop today.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TheMcD posted:

I read something on the forums that it was going to drop today.

I had a feeling it was going to be soon, I just couldn't find a solid date. Thanks!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

To put a source with that:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/1007935132560880

In the comments, they say that "next Friday" (read: the 27th) is the planned release date.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TheMcD posted:

To put a source with that:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/1007935132560880

In the comments, they say that "next Friday" (read: the 27th) is the planned release date.

I love that half the replies on there are either requests for a different table or people asking for other features/questions about non-steam versions.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
No Fear is just reminding me that I really need to get my rear end to CP Pinball before they stop doing their monthly public openings. I mean, I may still (probably will) pony up a couple hundred bucks for a private pinball party with me and a friend for a whole day but 6 hours of pinball for 10-15 bucks is unreal, especially anywhere near me.

Didn't even get a chance to try No Fear myself the last time I went.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

No Fear has landed, I repeat, No Fear has landed on Steam!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know it's because it's Steve Richie doing it, but it's cool hearing the AC/DC announcer in No Fear.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

TheMcD posted:

No Fear has landed, I repeat, No Fear has landed on Steam!

Weird that they opted to go for no licenses whatsoever on this one. No athlete mentions when you start a challenge and all of the logo's on Robby Gordon's car have been changed. Unless just mentioning a name costs a poo poo load of money.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
They do say NASCAR in it which makes me wonder if they can do that, if they got the rights, or if we'll see Stern's NASCAR soon.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

ReverendHammer posted:

Weird that they opted to go for no licenses whatsoever on this one. No athlete mentions when you start a challenge and all of the logo's on Robby Gordon's car have been changed. Unless just mentioning a name costs a poo poo load of money.

It does, especially since the athletes probably aren't under a combined umbrella name rights company (like, say, the NHL/NFL/NBA/MLB player associations that game companies deal with for Madden and the like that make bulk licensing easy, and if somebody isn't under the umbrella, they usually get left out - see: QB Eagles, QB Bills and QB Chiefs from Tecmo Super Bowl), so you need to work out deals with each and every one of them separately. Add to that that Farsight is a minor company, and add to that that Farsight really doesn't give a poo poo, and you can see why they might go for no licenses.

Also, new table hint, using a theme from "Victory", the free table. The theme being "driving", I guess.

Judge Dredd? Judge Dredd.

EDIT: Wait. Dirty Harry, not Judge Dredd. Got "punk" confused with "creep".

EDIT again: Never mind, I just remembered that Judge Dredd was one of the tables spoiled by a log file. So it's Judge Dredd.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 28, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was really cold on this season and now I'm thinking, welp, I better just buy the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

TheMcD posted:

It does, especially since the athletes probably aren't under a combined umbrella name rights company (like, say, the NHL/NFL/NBA/MLB player associations that game companies deal with for Madden and the like that make bulk licensing easy, and if somebody isn't under the umbrella, they usually get left out - see: QB Eagles, QB Bills and QB Chiefs from Tecmo Super Bowl), so you need to work out deals with each and every one of them separately. Add to that that Farsight is a minor company, and add to that that Farsight really doesn't give a poo poo, and you can see why they might go for no licenses.

Also probably for some of the lesser known sports no one would remember who those people were anyway. Just a bit jarring to hear the audio cut.

After playing it again on TPA I still hold my opinion of No Fear that I had when it first came out: it's boring as hell.