Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Funhilde posted:

cls: Went to the Doctor and there was this lady on the phone with her insurance because she just figured out that her insurance wasn't going to cover her labor and delivery with her doctor. She was due this week. US insurance blows.

"And the laaaaaaand of the freeeeeeeeee (to be in medical debt)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
labor and delivery aren't covered because they're considered pre-existing conditions.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bloody posted:

ive seen a fair bit of pee and smelled poo but i have never seen poo

i've seen homeless people making GBS threads multiple times and have been misted w/ urine when a dude just let fly in front of us on the sidewalk

not even SJ is that bad and there are homeless insane all over the place in both cities

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

wait which one will you be

I'm wearing a dark green coat, blue checked shirt, and tan corduroy pants

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've seen homeless people making GBS threads multiple times and have been misted w/ urine when a dude just let fly in front of us on the sidewalk

not even SJ is that bad and there are homeless insane all over the place in both cities

maybe the problem is that people from sf think it's this bad everywhere

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jerry Cotton posted:

what happens when you boil a poop in a pee?

baby, you've got a jenkem goin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

maybe the problem is that people from sf think it's this bad everywhere

i could believe this

my coworkers straightup didn't believe me when i said that the french quarter in nola is cleaner than downtown SF

and nola has tons and tons of homeless and gutterpunk kids who are all addicted to heroin

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

baby, you've got a jenkem goin

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm at park St station

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i could believe this

my coworkers straightup didn't believe me when i said that the french quarter in nola is cleaner than downtown SF

and nola has tons and tons of homeless and gutterpunk kids who are all addicted to heroin

I also think that for this reason they confuse their city being dirty with their city being dangerous. I have never once felt unsafe wandering the tenderloin, the mission, Oakland, that abandoned hospital etc. by myself as opposed to parts of my own hometown at night

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there were a couple of times when I was in college in Oregon where i def would have been murdered if I didn't book it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ok I'll wait for you folks at corner of bosworth st

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

anyone here?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

itt: a bunch of goons hunched over looking at they phones on the street corner

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

anyone here?

Scroll up u idiot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bloody posted:

anyone here?
u?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i can see you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

james

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I saw a dude pissing in the street in London but I saw a dude taking a poo poo in central park

neither were obv homeless tho both seemed drunk/high

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

there were a couple of times when I was in college in Oregon where i def would have been murdered if I didn't book it

i got chased by hooligans once on my way to catch a 3am amtrak to eugene but they were just having some fun at my expense

mostly being tall and goony looking probably saved my butt from worse

there was an old drunk in my building who got jumped by street kids once but i highly suspect he was soliciting some rear end when it happened

they really hated that guy up to the point of sneaking in and hitting the fire alarm and spraying the hallway down with fire extinguisher crap

and of course i was robo tripping and saw them through my peephole and freaked the gently caress out

oregon's mostly a safe place in my experience though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

I also think that for this reason they confuse their city being dirty with their city being dangerous. I have never once felt unsafe wandering the tenderloin, the mission, Oakland, that abandoned hospital etc. by myself as opposed to parts of my own hometown at night

i regularly see people walkin around SF w/ earbuds in

that's just askin for a mugging in NYC

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

and of course i was robo tripping

of course

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I was only "mugged" once in nyc but i was blackout drunk so I don't remember any details, just waking up with no phone and no cash and the sense that I was mugged. this was pre smart phones so enjoy your Motorola flip fart or whatever mugger(?)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this was in brooklyn. you pretty much have a margin of error's chance of getting mugged in Manhattan unless you do something even stupider than walk through Central Park alone in the middle of the night

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tusen Takk posted:

This is such a pretty picture

jesus christ I'm sending this to my wife with "why the gently caress do we still live here"

if you work really hard in 2016 and save up a cool five figgies you can rent 2 1/2 months in a trash can surrounded by human poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

holy hell it sure fuckin is. sf is absolutely disgusting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh, word?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

no

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I went to some goon meets in korea and the others there were a little bit goony but p. good to drink with. I guess since the had their poo poo together enough to move to another country and teach in public high schools for several years they were probably at the high-functioning end of the goon spectrum.

thats my meeting goons story.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

congress today decided not to pass measures that would expand background checks on gun sales, including online and at gun shows

pray for the victims

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

congress today decided not to pass measures that would expand background checks on gun sales, including online and at gun shows

pray for the victims

uh didn't you hear it was Muslims that did it therefore we don't have a mass shooting problem in this country

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nearly every single day i almost run over at least one person my bicycle because they are staring at their phone while wandering all over the bike paths, with earbuds in so they can't hear my bell.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

nearly every single day i almost run over at least one person my bicycle because they are staring at their phone while wandering all over the bike paths, with earbuds in so they can't hear my bell.

you've got your biked decked out with that crazy LED setup, and all you have is a bell??

come on man step it up that poo poo needs sound effects to accompany the lightshow

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RL_Stine/status/672473621462429697

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was thinking about an air horn that plays "tequila" but i'm not quite up to the stage of mounting an air compressor on my bicycle yet.

one of those electric BLAATTT BLAATT things that the police use would be cool.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

wheezy are you and sneakers gonna be in Boston tomorrow?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is it over? oh god it was horrible

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c train s: t-4 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Sagebrush posted:

I get so cross about this. Especially when they do this and walk three abreast the path like they've all a death wish

• Locked thread