Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Don Tacorleone posted:

Of course it doesn't fit you, you like to be special, just like every other loving Gen Zer
I don't know if you knew this, but gen Z’s aren’t interested in being mainstream. They embrace diversity and desire to be different, unique, and the first to find the new trend. Being tech savvy, they are experts at using the internet as a tool to research and treasure hunt. Endless amounts of information provide endless opportunities, leading to an especially creative and entrepreneurial generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Aralan posted:

I don't know if you knew this, but gen Z’s aren’t interested in being mainstream. They embrace diversity and desire to be different, unique, and the first to find the new trend. Being tech savvy, they are experts at using the internet as a tool to research and treasure hunt. Endless amounts of information provide endless opportunities, leading to an especially creative and entrepreneurial generation.

They don't have money to do this, unless it's just cam whores.

and if it is time to call the police.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

so uh

what the literal gently caress are they going to call the next generation

like who was the dipshit who decided to start this whole thing with one of the last letters in the alphabet

also generational poo poo is stupid because all it really affects are marketers who want kids to grow up to have a relationship with loving, toilet paper or something

They should have started at gen Z, then we'd have gen # for millennials and gen ? or something for gen z.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I think the next generation should be Generation TSwift, we can name generations after that after the most applicable songs from her repertoire

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
"I'm a very visual person"

-an idiot that never progressed beyond picture books

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I thought they were going to be called gen K

loving pick a name already

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Just imagine that, instead of words, this post is a long scream of agony.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Are they Gen Z because of the zombies?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

GenZers are goals af

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Categorize yourselves into sales categories. Argue about which corporate bestowed identity is better. You're not 'mainstream' are you?

Dehumanize and face the bloodshed

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

sout posted:

GenZers are goals af

Indeed, they are goats.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
lets divide people into age groups and make wildly broad stereotypes about them

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
i thought the in vogue name for these faggots was "digital natives"

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Seems like it ought to be the "Safe Spacers" given how wussified the current college crowd is

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dave Concepcion posted:

i thought the in vogue name for these faggots was "digital natives"

That's pretty racist, I think the preferred term is cyber aboriginals.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
now that they've run out of letters they should start using the greek alphabet for new generations, preferably the second letter as I have an eerie suspicion that it'll be very descriptive

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Berious posted:

They're still going to get wrecked by the more established and advanced Internet Colonists. That's right the fuckers who remember 56k hold all the cash money.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're still going to get wrecked by the more established and advanced Internet Colonists. That's right the fuckers who remember 56k hold all the cash money.

comquastadors

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Gyra_Solune posted:

so uh

what the literal gently caress are they going to call the next generation

The mongooses. That's a good name for a generation.

Also, I've been teaching them for a while. It is frightening how they can't unplug from technology, even for a little while. It's amazing to see the lengths they go through to hide the fact they are on their phones.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 6, 2015

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

Berious posted:

abodigitals

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think tumblr users are actually a very small proportion of the general population

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They can google an answer on their phones. They don't need any of that critical thinking or book learning.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

genesplicer posted:

The mongooses. That's a good name for a generation.

Also, I've been teaching them for a while. It is frightening how they can't unplug from technology, even for a little while. It's amazing to see the lengths they go through to hide the fact they are on their phones.

What's up, 8th grade teachin' buddy. Provide a couple power strips and some chargers of various type (though I request they bring their own). They'll plug in and not touch their phones again for 80 minutes.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Dirty Sanchez posted:

What's up, 8th grade teachin' buddy. Provide a couple power strips and some chargers of various type (though I request they bring their own). They'll plug in and not touch their phones again for 80 minutes.

Did you know "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

every generation is the same hope this helps

Yeah there's no real difference between children of the Depression and children that are younger than Google.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

We should user this opportunity to figure out ways to gently caress over these little fuckers like how boomers hosed us.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GORDON posted:

Yeah there's no real difference between children of the Depression and children that are younger than Google.
1930's kid: We don't have anything to eat.
2020's kid: Somebody told me that girls have a vagina, and boys have a penis. I'm going to start a twitter outrage mob that will harass them until we forget about it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

We should user this opportunity to figure out ways to gently caress over these little fuckers like how boomers hosed us.
world war iii

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

1930's kid: We don't have anything to eat.
2020's kid: Somebody told me that girls have a vagina, and boys have a penis. I'm going to start a twitter outrage mob that will harass them until we forget about it.

True but:

1930s adult: we don't have anything to eat
2020's adult: children are being mean to be on the internet aaaaaaaaa

:frogbon:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

True but:

1930s adult: we don't have anything to eat
2020's adult: children are being mean to be on the internet aaaaaaaaa

:frogbon:
1930s adult: oh boy, Germany is looking pretty nasty with their tanks and troops
2010s adult: oh boy, Russia is looking pretty nasty with their tanks and troops and nuclear missiles

:shrug:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

symbolic posted:

1930s adult: oh boy, Germany is looking pretty nasty with their tanks and troops
2010s adult: oh boy, Russia is looking pretty nasty with their tanks and troops and nuclear missiles

:shrug:

1930s adult: Now I know Hitler is an authoritarian but he's sticking it to those awful commies and frankly something needs to be done about them
2010s adult: Now I know Putin is an authoritarian but he's sticking it to those awful terrorists and frankly something needs to be done about them

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol at using THE PAST to predict the friggin future you idiots lol

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Broenheim posted:

can we get a good gen Z name like "millenials," that's easy to say because i want to rant about them I dont want to say gen Z-ers, I want to have some dumb name i can yell at the dinner table

Zer/Zerself

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Professor Shark posted:

lol at using THE PAST to predict the friggin future you idiots lol

but history repeats itself, it's true because someone wrote it in a book and it sounds poetic

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

symbolic posted:

world war iii

I was thinking more along the lines of creating a social program that benefits us and goes bankrupt when gen Z becomes eligible.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of creating a social program that benefits us and goes bankrupt when gen Z becomes eligible.
so basically what social security is to gen x and millennials

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Gyra_Solune posted:

but history repeats itself, it's true because someone wrote it in a book and it sounds poetic

it doesn't repeat, it rhymes

hip hop is the future

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Retired teachers laugh at me because they have Golden Pensions and they know I won't when I retire

They laugh at me while they take days as subs that they get paid for that don't affect their pensions

Baby Boomers are the loving worst

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Baby Boomers are the loving worst
some of them. my maternal grandpa is pretty cool. he hates Ronald Reagan because Reagan fired him in the 80s since he was part of the air traffic controller strike. he once told me that I can marry whoever I want, as long as they aren't Republican.

he also collects a lot of Three Stooges merchandise and it's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Proof that advertisers are still trying to figure out millennials is that Oreo hasn't put a photo of a black transgender feminist standing on a white cis male on the front of its packaging.

• Locked thread