Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year Runoff
This poll is closed.
Jahlil Okafor 6 7.50%
Karl-Anthony Towns 22 27.50%
Kristaps Porzingis 52 65.00%
Total: 80 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
they are never gonna lose, 82-0 golden state warriors championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mr. Mambold posted:

What I'm saying here is OKC are not looking anything like the contender they were pegged to be 2 months ago.

Give it time. When their bench is clicking, their offense looks really good. All teams would want to avoid them in the playoffs as long as Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are healthy.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Spacebump posted:

Give it time. When their bench is clicking, their offense looks really good. All teams would want to avoid them in the playoffs as long as Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are healthy.

They better hope time gifts them a 2-guard that's not a statue on offense (Roberson) or Dion Waiters.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

E2M2 posted:

Probably Pacers IMHO

Neither of them will win but the celtics match up much better vs golden state than the pacers. Draymond can neutralize PG and that's basically it for the game, and Indiana has nobody at all to guard steph

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mA posted:

They better hope time gifts them a 2-guard that's not a statue on offense (Roberson) or Dion Waiters.

I really don't like waiters but he is actually competent this year despite all odds

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

I really don't like waiters but he is actually competent this year despite all odds

He's gotten a lot better in terms of not taking so many terrible shots, and he hustles on D, makes dem steals. I LIKE DION.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mornacale posted:

they are never gonna lose, 82-0 golden state warriors championship

that'd be such a boring season ugh

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Neither of them will win but the celtics match up much better vs golden state than the pacers. Draymond can neutralize PG and that's basically it for the game, and Indiana has nobody at all to guard steph

I dunno if he can neutralize PG. But Indy will need PG to have a monster game to win.

I'd imagine GSW will use Iggy to defend him and make sure any switches leave Draymond guarding him. No one can switch multiple good wing defenders on you like GSW can so I'm curious to see how PG handles it.

How much of PG's shooting is people not closing out on him or him having a crazy height advantage?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spite posted:

I dunno if he can neutralize PG. But Indy will need PG to have a monster game to win.

I'd imagine GSW will use Iggy to defend him and make sure any switches leave Draymond guarding him. No one can switch multiple good wing defenders on you like GSW can so I'm curious to see how PG handles it.

How much of PG's shooting is people not closing out on him or him having a crazy height advantage?

He hasn't had many height advantages because he's been playing the 4 for most of the year. He's just ridiculous at slinking through screens and holes like a dang cat so he often has quite a bit of space when he takes his shot

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Let's go Raptors!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I hope Tim Duncan will talk to Okafor after the game tonight and maybe get him into some D&D have him roll a sick mage character so he's casting sick spells instead of smacking bitches outside of clubs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jota posted:

I hope Tim Duncan will talk to Okafor after the game tonight and maybe get him into some D&D have him roll a sick mage character so he's casting sick spells instead of smacking bitches outside of clubs
Boris will teach him to appreciate a lifetime of jet skis, wine, and weight issues instead

I'd like to see Boban and Embiid hanging out though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hopefully King Zing vs Dirk is a fun watch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dirk already has 9.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Truly the ideal game for Harris to introduce Colangelo to the 76ers fold

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dirk is out scoring the Knicks.

edit: is now subbed out.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
These first 5 minutes are just gonna make Byron double down on dumb moves.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
"Yes, this clearly isn't unsustainable", he says to himself as he crosses his arms and glares at a child for not earning his place in the front row of seats

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

These first 5 minutes are just gonna make Byron double down on dumb moves.

It's so fascinating and almost lost in the whole narrative is the fact that the franchise being toyed with is the fuckin Lakers

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Stop, stop. We're already dead :(

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
hey whats the official update on ballstreams, i just went to go to their site and i can sign up for snooker scores, yay

I know they had billing issues....all still hosed?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

BoonyPC posted:

hey whats the official update on ballstreams, i just went to go to their site and i can sign up for snooker scores, yay

I know they had billing issues....all still hosed?

You can pay via paypal by opening a support ticket (if you don't see the pay by paypal option already on your billing thing).

I dunno if you can create a new account, and yes their billing is still hosed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jota posted:

Stop, stop. We're already dead :(
You're not supposed to let Matt Bonner score!!!

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
This loving Heat team always comes out like they were all getting high and eating pastries right before tipoff.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Russell, Randle, MWP, Sacre, and Huertas. Byron Scott you are a stupid bastard

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Has there ever been a halftime score this lopsided before?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

This loving Heat team always comes out like they were all getting high and eating pastries right before tipoff.

Can we confirm that they aren't?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

Russell, Randle, MWP, Sacre, and Huertas. Byron Scott you are a stupid bastard

Of course he is gonna start LNJr, but still gotta give minutes to Metta. Gotta develop the 36 year old for the future

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Of course he is gonna start LNJr, but still gotta give minutes to Metta. Gotta develop the 36 year old for the future

D'angelo has no idea what the gently caress to do with these scrubs

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
It is not often that DeAndre Jordan would lose the tip off. But Karl-Anthony Towns is a good one for him to have lost it to for sure.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

D'angelo has no idea what the gently caress to do with these scrubs

Where is Stuart Scott, IRL? I need his loving avatar for to express my emotions

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Where is Stuart Scott, IRL? I need his loving avatar for to express my emotions

Did you read his reaction to learning that he's being benched? It was so sad, he said something like "I was just starting to figure it out... I've never been in a backup role before..."

The mother fucker Byron Scott

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Did you read his reaction to learning that he's being benched? It was so sad, he said something like "I was just starting to figure it out... I've never been in a backup role before..."

well at least he has a good attitude. instead of going out and terrorizing the population like Jahlil Okafor

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

He loving was. He was shooting 44% and averaging 13, 5.5, and 3.5 over his last 10 games

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

well at least he has a good attitude. instead of going out and terrorizing the population like Jahlil Okafor

he seems like a good kid

The Glumslinger posted:

He loving was. He was shooting 44% and averaging 13, 5.5, and 3.5 over his last 10 games

Yeah he's on my fantasy team and i'm steaming a little extra about all of this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO STOP TONY SNELL

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
His assist numbers should really be in the 7ish range but look who he's fuckin passing to

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

His assist numbers should really be in the 7ish range but look who he's fuckin passing to

And that is in this trash heap offense. Imagine what he could do in an offense that taught bigs to loving roll after setting a screen. Like, that is how bad our offense is, big men rolling isn't a common occurance

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Only Julius Randle scored over 13 minutes before that basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol a sympathy foul for slow-rear end rose flinging himself at jon leuer

• Locked thread