Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year Runoff
This poll is closed.
Jahlil Okafor 6 7.50%
Karl-Anthony Towns 22 27.50%
Kristaps Porzingis 52 65.00%
Total: 80 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well, now that the big game is over, guess I'll check out and see if anything weird is happening in the game where the nets are beating the rockets

marcus thornton :worship:

e: also harden closing in on that linple double with 10 points, 10 assists, 10 turnovers and one field goal made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
the rim is cheating, 2 missed layups due to cheating rim

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
is this the end for the warriors!!!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

marcus thornton steal, fast break and dunk. marcus thornton playing game winning defense. marcus thornton MVP

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Grozz Nuy posted:

If we have to put up with smug Celtics fans for the rest of the season because Klay and Barnes both sit out that is going to be the dirt loving worst

Yeah sure is gonna be horrible to go 76-6 and win the title, that loss to the Celtics fuuuuuuck

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

illcendiary posted:

Yeah sure is gonna be horrible to go 76-6 and win the title, that loss to the Celtics fuuuuuuck

Surely you've had to interact with Boston sports fans on the internet before

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
new gameplan, just feed thornton

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

OBi posted:

More than one minute for Speights, less than 24 for Rush. They were giving McAdoo a chance earlier in the year at minutes that mattered too. But yeah, I remembered Barbosa was out as I was finishing that comment.

lolwut? Speights has been garbage and Rush had a good game tonight.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

Surely you've had to interact with Boston sports fans on the internet before

I'm delightful

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

brook lopez clutch dunks

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Celtics win vs warriors, Dwight AND1 which means And0

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well, now that the big game is over, guess I'll check out and see if anything weird is happening in the game where the nets are beating the rockets

nothing weird about the Rockets fourth leading scorer and 50+ point club member brewer havin' a good game together|

NOTHING WEIRD ABOUT JOE JOHNSON IN THE CLUTCH

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm delightful

alas, they are not all Cool Buff Men

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

22 turnovers woo

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Indy played about as good as you can. Against their bench.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I can't find the nba record for combined turnovers in a game booo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Magic didnt pass the ball to Hezonja once in like 10 minutes

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Clutch Rockets time means missing all free throws

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Be better houston

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
WOoooo Merkel Brown just NO PRACTICEd the hell out of after the final buzzer three that wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game he's my favorite current jewish player far more than casspi

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

vibratingsheep posted:

ugh 4-6 weeks?

It varies greatly. Could be months. It's a slow healing injury and you are nearly useless until it heals.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

warcrimes posted:

lolwut? Speights has been garbage and Rush had a good game tonight.

Speights has been garbage in double big situations, I feel like he's had a couple moments that reminded me of last year when there was a bit more spacing. I guess I just don't like Rush that much, he's hit some threes this year but I just haven't liked his defense much at all and he doesn't seem to run as well as everyone else. Maybe I've just latched onto him being the scapegoat for bench problems, but he just always seems to be involved in us giving up easy buckets while our bench bleeds points.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kibner posted:

It varies greatly. Could be months. It's a slow healing injury and you are nearly useless until it heals.

Klay said after the game that it's 'not a bad sprain' but Walton wouldn't really comment on it so :shrug:

But having no Klay and no Barnes for the last two games of the road trip will be tough

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Grozz Nuy posted:

Klay said after the game that it's 'not a bad sprain' but Walton wouldn't really comment on it so :shrug:

But having no Klay and no Barnes for the last two games of the road trip will be tough

I just remember hearing a lot about high ankle sprains on the drive home a couple months ago and it sounds like a pain in the rear end injury to recover from.

Not as bad as turf toe, though.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Kyle Singler is goddamn hopeless even in garbage time

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kibner posted:

I just remember hearing a lot about high ankle sprains on the drive home a couple months ago and it sounds like a pain in the rear end injury to recover from.

Not as bad as turf toe, though.

It's apparently just a regular old ankle sprain, Klay insisted that he's only going to be out a couple of days.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

OBi posted:

Speights has been garbage in double big situations, I feel like he's had a couple moments that reminded me of last year when there was a bit more spacing. I guess I just don't like Rush that much, he's hit some threes this year but I just haven't liked his defense much at all and he doesn't seem to run as well as everyone else. Maybe I've just latched onto him being the scapegoat for bench problems, but he just always seems to be involved in us giving up easy buckets while our bench bleeds points.

Speights has been garbage in every situation. He's only useful if he's hitting his jumper, which he hasn't been doing this year. Rush had 13 points on 5/10 shooting and 3/6 from beyond the arc. The one upside to HB and LB missing time is Rush getting back into a groove and his outside shooting is desperately needed on our second team.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Can someone explain how Mario Chalmers gets so many free throws? He's like at Harden levels of drawing fouls.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

warcrimes posted:

Speights has been garbage in every situation. He's only useful if he's hitting his jumper, which he hasn't been doing this year. Rush had 13 points on 5/10 shooting and 3/6 from beyond the arc. The one upside to HB and LB missing time is Rush getting back into a groove and his outside shooting is desperately needed on our second team.

The problem with Rush is that he is a bumbling, turnover waiting to happen. Unless he's open for a corner three, he shouldn't shoot. He shouldn't try to dribble AT ALL, because he will bounce it off his foot.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The real problem is that their defense sucked and they weren't trying very hard. It's hard to blow teams out at home, especially with a full quarter of garbage time. So you have to actually try.
That said, they gave up 40 points that quarter which is embarrassing.

I want to see a gimmick Livingston and shooters lineup with the offense being run through Sdot like the Nets did a couple years ago.
Sdot/Clark/Rush/Iggy/Mo could maybe do a decent imitation . At least it would bleed clock. Spacing would still be cramped but 2 of those guys can hit an open 3.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kyle Singler is goddamn hopeless even in garbage time

I was there, and by the end, my friend and I were cheering for him to get even a single assist. He didn't. There was a loooooot of garbage time in that game, too.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

mA posted:

The problem with Rush is that he is a bumbling, turnover waiting to happen. Unless he's open for a corner three, he shouldn't shoot. He shouldn't try to dribble AT ALL, because he will bounce it off his foot.

Who cares if he has to come off of screens or whatever, name me one consistent shooter on this team besides Curry and Klay when he's hot. Our biggest need in the off season was a second team shooter and we have plenty of ball handlers, Rush doesn't need to bring it up the floor.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

warcrimes posted:

Who cares if he has to come off of screens or whatever, name me one consistent shooter on this team besides Curry and Klay when he's hot. Our biggest need in the off season was a second team shooter and we have plenty of ball handlers, Rush doesn't need to bring it up the floor.

Iggy's actually shooting really well this year, but he's never going to be a volume shooter at this stage in his career.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please do not complain about lack of shooting, Warriors fans. It is a serious malady some of our teams suffer from.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Iggy's actually shooting really well this year, but he's never going to be a volume shooter at this stage in his career.

Right, so he can't be counted on as a consistent scoring threat off the bench, which was my point.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

NickRoweFillea posted:

Please do not complain about lack of shooting, Warriors fans. It is a serious malady some of our teams suffer from.

Do you have any idea how cramped a court gets when you put out a bench lineup that only has 2 good three point shooters?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

Do you have any idea how cramped a court gets when you put out a bench lineup that only has 2 good three point shooters?

I've been watching a starting line-up that only has 1.5. :negative:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bashez posted:

No, because my team has zero good three point shooters. I do not know that feel.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

No, because my team has zero good three point shooters. I do not know that feel.

"Michael" Jordan Adams is a career .385 from three :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Ariza probably won't play tonight (he broke his rear end), Rockets recalled KJ McDaniels :getin:

• Locked thread