Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
It's apparently popular in japan too, and there are people who can't understand how japan could betray them to this gaijin trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I got the Hatsune Miku vocaloid wutev game recently for free and am wondering why 75% of the songs in this game loving poo poo.

I've been playing rhythm actions games since the early 90s and most of the songs in this game are worse than anything i've heard and have the most unfun "steps" since the PS2 Britney Spears game. Even the songs that sound decent would be highly improved if there was an actual human singing them.

How is this poo poo popular?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

how was the ps2 britney spears game

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

How is this poo poo popular?

Nanomachines.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lets hang out posted:

how was the ps2 britney spears game

no good. the gba one was worse

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
That way they could have a pop singer for people who have given up on "3d women"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

but this game is literally in 3D and sounds like a busted yamaha keyboard from the 80s

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

:airquote:3d women:airquote:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

In japan you can legally pay to talk to a live human girl and get a beej so what the gently caress is the problem

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Japanese society

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pavlov posted:

:airquote:3d women:airquote:

All women are 3d except the ones my Uncle Ted hit with his car

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

but this game is literally in 3D and sounds like a busted yamaha keyboard from the 80s

It's not that bad a comparison. The Vocaloid libraries are made by Yamaha.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZfnvXFozg yowza

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
droppin some loving god hand in here just cuz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU4ISMgpR7o

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

icantfindaname posted:

gangsta put the company that made it out of business just FYI. it was fujoshi bait, and also bad, from what i heard

shocker. Even though it had a deaf protagonist who signed, which was interesting... the cliches were real and the premise was just too blatantly edgy. Just couldn't settle into the universe because of that and it made it feel as artificial too.

I would like to check out Space Dandy

Actually, you know what I need to start watching is Moribito. Should still be on Netflix.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

I would like to check out Space Dandy

Watch the dub its really well done.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Watch the dub its really well done.

Fun fact about Space Dandy, the Japanese version is the dub.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

So watch it in English, but with Japanese subtitles.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Fun fact about Space Dandy, the Japanese version is the dub.

Huh, that would explain it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Space dandy is so loving good

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Space Dandy is Japan's apology for all the bad anime.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ometeotl posted:

Redline is Japan's apology for all the bad anime.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Redline and Space Dandy are very, very good.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Space Dandy even had a Redline episode. Or at least a Wacky Races episode, which is about the same thing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Agnostalgia posted:

Space Dandy even had a Redline episode. Or at least a Wacky Races episode, which is about the same thing.

AND IT WAS SWEET.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

It's weirding me out that The Major is wearing pants in season 2.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bringing this thread back to life.

Is there anything I should be playing/watching. This month has all been Grim Dawn and One Punch Man.

I know there is a update to 7 Days to Die coming soon so I might dive into that. Speaking of diving there is Helldivers i suppose but on higher difficulties you really need a guy that can toss a reenforcement beacon before he even has the radio out of his pocket like SovietBoat does.

I think Ghost in the Shell Online announced they were finally doing their open beta and I enjoyed the closed so Ill have a ok shooter on my hands.

Literally just counting the days till Xcom 2 and Persona 5 at this point. God Help me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
January is the month of anime games Yakuza 5 and EDF 4.1, both are extremely good.

Is ghost in the shell online more like Gunz or Sudden Attack, cause Korean online games are usually pretty bad

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The new Fire Emblem coming out in February is gonna be the pinnacle of anime video game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This thread for me.

I tried.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Drink, I don't got a cell phone, what does your qr code say?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Pavlov posted:

Drink, I don't got a cell phone, what does your qr code say?

It says ThirdWorldReggin is a human being.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Broseph Brostar posted:

Is ghost in the shell online more like Gunz or Sudden Attack, cause Korean online games are usually pretty bad

It's Gunz without the ridiculous flying around stuff. It's just bad and boring

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

It says ThirdWorldReggin is a human being.

drat, should have guessed that.

Also Gunz gave me tendinitis from all the all the button-mashing animation-canceling. Fun timewaster though.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Pavlov posted:

drat, should have guessed that.

Also Gunz gave me tendinitis from all the all the button-mashing animation-canceling. Fun timewaster though.

Gunz 2 was a great Anime game. It hits all the dumb and terrible checkmarks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't understand this thread or what it is for.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's about Mass Effect.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't understand this thread or what it is for.

its for people who like and enjoy both anime and video games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so Im making my way through Gurren Lagann, its pretty baller mecha anime

I have Hatsune Miku tickets for May

One Punch man owns

its a good time to be an animegamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am not totally sure but I think the Koreans don't have the kind of marketing problem that we do in the USA.

Compare the Ghost in the Shell online Trailer from a year ago when it was announced in Korea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYucNjpnXHg

To the current trailer announcing in USA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eEmwrahtVs

Its super sweet and all they managed to get the English voice actors back for Ghost in the Shell but I can't quite tell but something seems ... Different.

Its almost like the first video makes me interested and the second makes me not want to even be associated with it. Wonder what caused that.

• Locked thread