Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
like legitimately if your company is public I believe they have to report executive compensation to the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Al! posted:

how much was his bonus?

$2M cash, $3M stock

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Barnyard Protein posted:

$2M cash, $3M stock

see tough times, everyone is tightening their belt and doing their bit for the company

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Barnyard Protein posted:

$2M cash, $3M stock

:flip-take:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

if they paid him any less he'd be force to go and find a job somewhere else, and that would leave you where exactly? oh that's right, in the poor house because you lost your job because the company went under because they gave up their brilliant leadership and foresight all so you could get a reported cost of living increase of 1.5%

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
cjs: hoo boy there's some three-way throwdown between one of the owners, a manager and the dude who actually keeps the day-to-day poo poo functioning.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
someone asked "but we had a huge profit this year why can't we use some of that as a bonus?" and the answer was ":smuggo: that money belongs to the shareholders so we have to give it to them" lol i haven't done any real work in the two weeks since that meeting happened

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Barnyard Protein posted:

someone asked "but we had a huge profit this year why can't we use some of that as a bonus?" and the answer was ":smuggo: that money belongs to the shareholders so we have to give it to them" lol i haven't done any real work in the two weeks since that meeting happened

I bet if you start asking around you will find out that you are also being paid less on average than the others in your region with your title

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Al! posted:

I bet if you start asking around you will find out that you are also being paid less on average than the others in your region with your title

i know that to be the case. we were also told if we discussed our bonuses with co-workers then we wouldn't get bonuses again. geroge is getting angry!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Barnyard Protein posted:

this year our year end bonus was two speeches, instead of the usual one, about how we're lucky to have jobs at all and we should stop asking for higher salaries. the ceo really cares about us and he feel's "dissed" when we ask for more money. its tantamount to asking him to do layoffs and he just cares about us as people so much :cry:

jobs are boons, given out to the poor like gifts

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Barnyard Protein posted:

i know that to be the case. we were also told if we discussed our bonuses with co-workers then we wouldn't get bonuses again. geroge is getting angry!!!

I hope your sending out those resumes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Barnyard Protein posted:

if you really want to gently caress with them anonymously leave some afl-cio brochures in the breakroom

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Podima posted:

gently caress you!!!!!!!!

nah it's good. wrapping up the week and knocking out some documentation while it's quiet, though I did have to come into the office when I usually WFH on Fridays :negative:

on the other hand it's because I've got a deaf high schooler visiting later today so I can show them around and they can see how a ~successful deaf person~ works in the corporate world

i hope you successfully inspire them, it is good to help future generations

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

glassdoor is the best website

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

cjs: most of my tasks are now waiting on input from other people

is this what being a manager is like

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
if you're feeling bored just schedule a meeting or walk around until you find another manager with whom you can have a manager conversation.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

cjs: most of my tasks are now waiting on input from other people

is this what being a manager is like

I'm on the bottom of the ladder here and that's what my job is

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Barnyard Protein posted:

if you're feeling bored just schedule a meeting or walk around until you find another manager with whom you can have a manager conversation.

i like to drink lots of water so that i have a reason to get up

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
you can take a nap sitting in a toilet stall, but i recommend that you don't actually start off by taking a poo poo. your legs might fall asleep, then you might fall off the toilet, and you'll just be there helpless on the bathroom floor with your rear end hanging out, unable to get up

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Barnyard Protein posted:

this year our year end bonus was two speeches, instead of the usual one, about how we're lucky to have jobs at all and we should stop asking for higher salaries. the ceo really cares about us and he feel's "dissed" when we ask for more money. its tantamount to asking him to do layoffs and he just cares about us as people so much :cry:

did the ceo also say that he thinks of y'all as family

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Barnyard Protein posted:

Reminder that you don't owe your employer anything and should always jump ship at the nearest opportunity

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
yeah good reminder, i am going to send out resumes this weekend. already found some good postings at intel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Barnyard Protein posted:

yeah good reminder, i am going to send out resumes this weekend. already found some good postings at intel

I've heard really good things about working for Intel, in Oregon at least

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

yo Barnyard Protein set the building on fire as you leave

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
red stapler saturdays three women at the same time well i wouldn't say i've been missing work im a people person damnit flare

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

keyboard vomit posted:

Reminder that you don't owe your employer anything and should always jump ship at the nearest opportunity

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Barnyard Protein posted:

red stapler saturdays three women at the same time well i wouldn't say i've been missing work im a people person damnit flare

sorry i wasnt trying to make an office space reference, i was being serious

burn the building down with all the executives inside

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

our noble god ceos cold hewing jobs from raw gumption in their sacred forge-boardrooms

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 11, 2015

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i want to be on the record saying that i would never do an arson. that would be terrible and i would never do it.

heh

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

on the topic, i just had an interview that i dont know whether was good or bad cause the dude just ice mugged the entire time

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

so probably bad

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Barnyard Protein posted:

i want to be on the record saying that i would never do an arson. that would be terrible and i would never do it.

heh

well if you are uncomfortable with fire then just beat the executives to death

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Barnyard Protein posted:

heh
   /
  /
 /

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cat Face Joe posted:

so probably bad

whenever you had your mouth open he was imagining what it would feel like to have his hands wrapped firmly around your throat

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

whenever you had your mouth open he was imagining what it would feel like to have his hands wrapped firmly around your throat

they said the next part of the interview is the "coliseum" does anyone know what that is?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

they said the next part of the interview is the "coliseum" does anyone know what that is?

Always sneak a shiv in with you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol i just had a prophetic vision of this country where you literally fight in a pit for your job

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

lol i just had a prophetic vision of this country where you literally fight in a pit for your job

Trump's america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

please explain

• Locked thread