Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

I'm going to buy Devil's Third.

Me too man. In like a few months probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems like buying a bad video game is generally a decision you will regret

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It seems like buying a bad video game is generally a decision you will regret

I bought other m for full price when it was new, you can't hurt me now

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I see I could buy a brand new copy of Devil's Third for under 30€. Kinda tempted, but then again I've spent a lot of money on games this month.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Looper posted:

I bought other m for full price when it was new, you can't hurt me now

Other M is completely unredeemable. Do not compare it to Itagaki's magnum opus and radical advance of the videogame genre Devil's Third. Seriously. There's fun to be had in it. Other M is just a remarkably bad game (3D engine with D-pad controls) with a really loving bad story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait it's 60 dollars? Nevermind. I thought it was gonna be a budget title.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Oh it's gonna be

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

more like devil's turd

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm gonna flip you the devil's bird!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Don't know if this changes anything, but they are planning to release the multiplayer portion on PC as a F2P title.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Another company bites the dust: Agatsuma Entertainment, the publisher that brought Code of Princess and Sayonara UmiharaKawase to the west, has closed shop. I don't know about Code of Princess, but Yumi's Odd Oddysey was at least good.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Rexroom posted:

I don't know about Code of Princess
Terribad. If the framerate wasn't 2 it would be fun :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Code of Princess had some fun dialog, but yeah, the game play was garbage.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

minusX posted:

Terribad. If the framerate wasn't 2 it would be fun :(

It was coming to Steam but it looks like they literally ran out of money before they could put it out.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
Has anyone played Terraria yet? I burned out on it pretty early on when it was on PC and almost bought it for my 3DS until I saw the wonderful price tag of 29.99 Canadian dollars. Minecraft is due out next week and I'd rather get that (even though I've played Creative to death I wouldn't mind playing it local multiplayer).

There aren't any reviews out, and all I've managed to find is a short thread on Reddit about first impressions.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

WorldWarWonderful posted:

Has anyone played Terraria yet? I burned out on it pretty early on when it was on PC and almost bought it for my 3DS until I saw the wonderful price tag of 29.99 Canadian dollars. Minecraft is due out next week and I'd rather get that (even though I've played Creative to death I wouldn't mind playing it local multiplayer).

There aren't any reviews out, and all I've managed to find is a short thread on Reddit about first impressions.

Holy Christ, it's that much? I remember someone gifted it to me during a winter Steam sale like 5 years ago because it was something like 2 bucks. I played it for 10 minutes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I haven't checked the 3DS version yet, but the PC version has so much god drat content. It's $9.99 USD on Steam and $19.99 USD on 3DS, so I have no idea how well it matches up.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

enojy posted:

Holy Christ, it's that much? I remember someone gifted it to me during a winter Steam sale like 5 years ago because it was something like 2 bucks. I played it for 10 minutes.

I bought mine on PC for about seven bucks ages ago and sunk about 50 hours into it. I figured if it's 19.99 USD they might charge 24.99 CDN, since it's not like Steam where we just have one dollar value. The Canadian eshop has its own set prices, but at 29.99 it's kind of a ripoff, especially when here other console versions are half that. For a little more I can get something I've yet to play on my WiiU, like Captain Toad or Windwaker, or put that money towards Minecraft next week.

Steamworld Heist is 21.99 for example. Xenoblade is 74.99. I understand currency conversion but I don't see why it's suddenly 50% more expensive just because it's Canada.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Maybe I'm the only goon who played a lot of Minecraft on PC and never got around to touching Terraria until now? As such, I have no basis for comparison, but I am glad I got it on 3DS. The use of the touchscreen doesn't seem like it could be better. Controls are well thought out and on a nu3DS, I think you could play it either entirely with buttons, entirely circle pad + stylus, or mix and match. I'm still very early in, maybe two hours, but no noticeable performance issues thus far. I'm really enjoying the experience.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Manky posted:

Maybe I'm the only goon who played a lot of Minecraft on PC and never got around to touching Terraria until now? As such, I have no basis for comparison, but I am glad I got it on 3DS. The use of the touchscreen doesn't seem like it could be better. Controls are well thought out and on a nu3DS, I think you could play it either entirely with buttons, entirely circle pad + stylus, or mix and match. I'm still very early in, maybe two hours, but no noticeable performance issues thus far. I'm really enjoying the experience.

Does it have multiplayer? I got really into terraria a couple of years ago playing with my roommates

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Looper posted:

Does it have multiplayer? I got really into terraria a couple of years ago playing with my roommates

Local only, everybody needs their own copy. I'm probably going to gift it to a friend or two who I know played it on PC because it does seem like it would be a ton of fun with buddies. So glad it's not a nu3DS exclusive (especially cool since one of the top 3-5 search results for "terraria 3ds" still seems to be an interview saying it could never happen on the og 3DS hardware).

e: Posting the terraria forums faq

Terraria Forums posted:

Terraria 3DS launch FAQ

What content is included?
Terraria 3DS includes all the content from 1.2 with the exception of Dyes which are excluded on technical grounds*. To make up for that, we’ve added Minecarts, Fishing and a few 1.3 UI options like the ability to quick stack to a chest. The 3DS version also features a completely overhauled interface, making full use of the two screens. You can cycle the bottom screen between an intuitive touch to build interface; a world map; or as a quick-select inventory bar. It’s the most intuitive Terraria has ever been on console, and we’ve included a few surprises for the Nintendo fanbase.

Will there be variable world sizes?
At launch, there is a single world size of 1750x900. You can save up to three Worlds and three Characters per console. This is as large as the original 3DS can handle. We are investigating the possibility of introducing larger worlds as a New 3DS-exclusive feature in future, but for launch we felt it was important to start everyone off on a level playing field.

Any other technical stuff I should be aware of?
This game plays in 2D ONLY. This is for a couple of reasons: the way the graphics layers work on 3DS was not conducive to a really exciting 3D effect; and the technical overheard required to run the game in 3D would have meant compromises in terms of world size and other gameplay-damaging areas. The game runs on ALL models of 3DS (original, XL and New) and also 2DS. The framerate on original 3DS is 30fps, whereas the New gets a boost to 60FPS.

Any other New 3DS benefits?
For launch, we wanted a single version that could be enjoyed by all players. There are different control possibilities for New, but nothing that will unbalance a multiplayer game with people on an Original or 2DS.

How does multiplayer work?
Multiplayer is 1-4 players via Local Play. Each player needs to have their own copy of the game.

Will there be a demo on the eShop?
There are no plans currently to offer a demo. I encourage people to seek out the opinions of their peers – there are a handful of people on the Forum playing this already.

Will the 3DS version be updated post launch?
We are planning to support both Nintendo versions post-launch, as we have done with the console versions. Update 1 is already specced out and scheduled, and we’ll be listening for community feedback from the moment the game goes live.

Will there be cross play between the Wii U and 3DS versions?
This is not possible owing to the smaller world size on 3DS.

When will the physical/retail version launch? Wii U?
Both of these are still planned for an Early 2016 launch.

How much free space do I need to install this game?
The game itself is around 80MB, which @Spectra tells me is 640 blocks. The save game and any subsequent content updates will be saved to the SD card.

I have a technical issue or feedback – where can I provide this?
You can always leave a post on TCF, and/or we would encourage you to utilize our new Customer Service Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

We will be gathering any additional bugs from our ongoing play/testing as well as your experience and rolling fixes into that first Update.

*We use pixel shaders to implement dyes on the other platforms, but 3DS does not have this capability.

Manky fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 12, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

1750x900? Wow that is absolutely loving tiny.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Was it mentioned earlier? Anyway, Time magazine did an interview with Kimishima earlier, but now they did one with Reggie Fils-Aimé. The chat revolves around My Nintendo, mobile games and printing money. And amiibo.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
This is my beef with all of the console versions of Terraria. The PC version has by far the most content and is at most $9.99 (US). Plus, it's on sale very frequently. All of the console versions, with no exceptions of which I know, have considerably less content for higher prices... and keep in mind that regardless of the platform these are digital versions, so there is no physical media, packaging or shipping involved. I adore Terraria, but these are the main reasons that I've never played any of the non-PC iterations.

Plus, frankly, I don't think that Terraria would be nearly as good on a console. It was very much a game designed for mouse + keyboard and I am... highly skeptical of the controls in a console version.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
At least the 3DS and WiiU have the touch screens. It apparently works really well for the 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA people, best Buy is doing 10% off eShop cards from December 13-19.

This looks to be live now. EDIT: it ain't.

They're also doing buy one, get 40% off first-party Nintendo games.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 13, 2015

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't there a similar deal at the eshop soon, too? Any idea when that goes live?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

10% off eshop, yeah. Should be at midnight eastern I think, but it'll be up for a week, so don't worry about it running out.

edit: apparently midnight cst, or 1 AM EST

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 13, 2015

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I picked up Devil's Third, and yes I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought it. The multiplayer is fun, but they've got a lot of modes unavailable at the moment, and as a Mercenary I haven't been able to enter a Siege Match yet. I kinda want to start up a goon clan, but that would require people actually buying it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Devil's Third is going to become the God Hand of 2015. Should've called this like six months ago when the reviews started pouring in.

Oh nevermind, God Hand only got like one definitively bad review.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dresh posted:

I picked up Devil's Third, and yes I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought it. The multiplayer is fun, but they've got a lot of modes unavailable at the moment, and as a Mercenary I haven't been able to enter a Siege Match yet. I kinda want to start up a goon clan, but that would require people actually buying it.

I will buy it at some point.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dresh posted:

I'm totally gonna do it.

I'm just not $60 gonna do it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Devil's Third looks bad in the best ways plus the disc will probably be worth something someday so I won't feel bad about buying it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of December 17):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Minecraft: Wii U Edition - €29.99 / £19.99
    Island Flight Simulator - €7.99 / £5.99
    Ascent of Kings - €1.99 / £1.49
    Job the Leprechaun - €2.99 / £2.69
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Mario Tennis (N64) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Onimusha Tactics (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Minecraft Add-on Packs
  • Festive Skin Pack - €1.99 / £1.59
  • The Simpsons Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Doctor Who Skins Volume 1 - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Doctor Who Skins Volume 2 - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Star Wars Classic Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
  • Mass Effect Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
  • Skyrim Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
  • Plastic Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Candy Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Cartoon Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Steampunk Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Pattern Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
  • Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Mario Tennis Ultra Smash on the eShop, get Mario Tennis N64 for free! (Wii U eShop) - ends December 17
    Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - €49.99 / £40.99 for those who downloaded Xenoblade Wii until December 18
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii DL)- €14.99 / £13.49 until December 18
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until December 17
    Swords & Soldiers HD (Wii U eShop) - €1/19 / £0.99 until December 17
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 until December 17
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 until December 17
    RUSH (Wii U eShop) - €0.79 / £0.69 until December 17
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until December 24
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until December 24
    Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until December 31
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U) - €5.99 / £4.79 until December 31
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €5.24 / £4.19 until December 31
    Extreme Exorcism (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until December 31
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until December 31
    Momonga Pinball Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until December 31
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £5.19 until December 31
    Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.50 until December 31
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €3.39 / £2.49 until December 31
    Pumped BMX + (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until December 31
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until December 31
    Swords & Soldiers 2 (Wii U eShop) - €12.99 / £11.89 until December 31
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £1.99 until December 31
    The Swindler (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £1.99 until December 31
    Thomas Was Alone (Wii U eShop) - €1.50 / £1.25 until December 31
    Trine 2 (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until December 31
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until December 31
    Armillo (Wii U eShop) - €3.69 / £2.99 until January 1
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 6
    Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 until January 6
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £7.99 until January 6
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.35 until January 7

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Terraria - €19.99 / £16.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and his Square Mind - €12.99 / £11.99
    Steel Empire - €15.99 / £8.99
    Chronus Arc - €9.99 / £9.99
    The Kee[ (demo)
3DS MENU THEMES (December 11)
    Adventure Time: Princess Bubblegum - €1.99 / £1.79
    Adventure Time: BMO - €1.99 / £1.79
    Persona Q - €0.99 / £0.89
    Devil Survivor 2 - Record Breaker - €0.99 / £0.89
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon - €0.99 / £0.89
    Geronimo Stilton Animation Pack - €1.99 / £1.79
    Geronimo Stilton Classic Pack - €1.99 / £1.79
    Geronimo Stilton Mountains - €1.99 / £1.79
    Geronimo Stilton Pilot - €0.99 / £0.89
    Geronimo Stilton Christmas - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until December 17
    Rytmik Ultimate - €9.99 / £8.99 for owners of The Keep until December 24
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.40 until December 24
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until December 24
    Steamworld Heist - €16.99 / £11.99 with free menu theme until December 31
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 until December 31
    Football Up Online (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 31
    Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €19.49 / £16.29 until December 31
    Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €11.24 / £8.99 until December 31
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €7.99 / £7.19 until December 31
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic until December 31
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.65 / £1.29 or €0.80 / £0.65 if you downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic until December 31
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €14.95 / £12.49 until December 31
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.40 / £9.99 until December 31
    Proun+ (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.50 until January 4
    Sumico (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.67 until January 4
    Mighty Switch Force! (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 6
    Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 until January 6
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS eShop) - €8.49 / £7.99 until January 6
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €1.59 / £1.39 until January 7
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.79 / £2.19 until January 7
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 9
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until January 15

Minecraft has online, voice chat, USB keyboard support, etc but doesn't do anything you might expect it do with the gamepad beyond off-tv play.

Steel Empire is a remake of the old Megadrive shmup that came out in NA quite a while ago; PAL-land is getting it for half the price but it's still a shmup so people are going to whine no matter what.

Chronus Ark is a Kemco smartphone RPG, ie completely unremarkable.

The Delusions of Von Sottendorf looks interesting... I'm getting a bargain-basement Luigi's Mansion vibe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSzgAH6kUw

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 14, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Of gently caress, of all the times the 4 Ace Attorneys go on sale now.

How bad is Code of Princess?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 14, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh poo poo, Steel Empire is actually coming out here? Did anyone in the US try it, the original Megadrive game is one of my favourite horizontal shooters. Does it come with the original version?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

quote:

WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
Minecraft Add-on Packs
Festive Skin Pack - €1.99 / £1.59
The Simpsons Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Doctor Who Skins Volume 1 - €2.99 / £2.79
Doctor Who Skins Volume 2 - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Classic Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack - €2.99 / £2.79
Mass Effect Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Skyrim Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Plastic Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Candy Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Cartoon Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Steampunk Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Pattern Texture Pack - €0.99 / £0.89
Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19
Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack - €3.99 / £3.19

Well that was quick. And by quick I mean immediate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Umihara going on sale the same week the publisher shut down the developer. :bravo:

Steel Empire looks pretty cool, and it looks like I'll finally be picking up the Ace Attorney trilogy and Pirate's Curse. Good sales week.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Umihara going on sale the same week the publisher shut down the developer. :bravo:

The publisher's parent company shut down the publisher, the developer's fine.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh poo poo, Steel Empire is actually coming out here? Did anyone in the US try it, the original Megadrive game is one of my favourite horizontal shooters. Does it come with the original version?

Nah, just the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Devil Survivor Overclocked is on sale for $10 just so y'all know.