Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

As an aside, good lord but Kill Six Billion Demons is a good read. I want to write how that artist draws.

edit: And what an opening to page 500! :woop:

page 25: you had just met the gang leaders in the Deeps
page 50: quint and tanya had just been introduced
page 75: meeting kozilek for the first time
page 100: knitting circle with sincera
page 125: the olympus
page 150: amacita’s wedding planning
page 175: talking to dwarf about factions
page 200: talking with eldar
page 225: fusion bomb incident
page 250: saving limosa
page 275: deathskull orks
page 300: tugboat
page 325: talking with cryonic lady
page 350: the manor on agatha’s world
page 375: meeting the motherfucking emperor
page 400: titan. 16,000 posts, we’re a real thread!
page 425: mars, space grandpa
page 450: luna and amacita
page 475: pilgrimage and shrine-cities
page 500: high lords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh poo poo we're about to meet the high lords.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

VanSandman posted:

bruh :okpos::420::drugnerd:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Ohone had better make sure she speaks up.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

VanSandman posted:

Better bring some fibre supplements and Geritol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM_9NRoGUOg

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
High lords more like nerd lords. *kicks sand in their faces with our power armor boots*

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arkanomen posted:

High lords more like nerd lords. *kicks sand in their faces with our power armor boots*

At this point Ohone could probably squash the lot of them in record time. It'd be like Aah-nuld vs a room full of Rick Moranis clones.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
So what you're saying is march in there an start commanding and if anyone give us any lip give'em the old cardiac tickle. Got it.
:getin:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arkanomen posted:

So what you're saying is march in there an start commanding and if anyone give us any lip give'em the old cardiac tickle. Got it.
:getin:

Exactly. We have a heartfelt conversation where we explain that we're in charge. :v:

Also, here's that conversation you wanted to see Lowell

Slice of Life: Brother Bricellus, Black Priest of Fabiyan. Location: Dignitary Palace, Terra

The Religious Council - Isaac, Henderson, Lukacs and Bricellus - sat gathered around an exquisite circular table wrought of some type of rich, dark wood that once existed on Terra many thousands of years ago. There was only one other figure in the room with them. A servitor stood in one corner clad in black Abrogate garb reminiscent of a scribe. The face of that hapless thing was apparently turned permanently skyward in a rictus of beatific awe, the voxcaster array in its throat and mouth silent for now while it recorded the meeting's minutes.

The discussion had already covered several topics including recruitment, iconography and increased militarisation of civilian assets pending the Dragon's arrival at Golgotha. Bricellus flicked through several items on his dataslate and tapped the screen with one gloved finger, forwarding it to the others who each peered down at their own screens.

"Ah yes, heresy. Always a fun topic." Isaac said. The others chuckled a little.
"Shall we?" Bricellus asked.
"Do lets." said Lukacs.

"Besmirching the Lord-Sire." Henderson started.
"Heresy."
"Acting against the interests of the Lord-Sire."
"Heresy."
"Deceiving a member of the clergy."
"Heresy."
"Failure to maintain one's work quota."
"Hmmm, borderline."
"Failure to report an emotionally unstable individual."
"Definitely heresy especially after the suicide spree." Lukacs said, the others nodding in agreement.

"Contradicting the Holy Truth."
"Extra heretical." interjected Bricellus without hesitation. He had been a fanatically hard-working proponent of Fabiyan's canonisation and the Holy Truth of the Imperial Cult of Abrogation since the beginning,

"Well of course you would say that." Isaac replied with a slight smile
"I may be somewhat biased, but my vote stands." Bricellus grinned, an unusual sight outside of the very small - and ever-shrinking - circle of people who knew him before he became a Black Priest.

He continued on a moment later. "Besmirching the Living Saint, defacing an icon of the Living Saint, defacing an icon of the Lord-Sire are already acts of vilest heresy according to doctrine. Suicide, failure to comply with an agent of the Lord-Sire or Living Saint and several dozen other items from the standard Ecclesiarchy list are already doctrine."

"I'm fine with that." said Henderson.
"I too." Isaac agreed.
"Indeed." Lukacs added.

"If I may," Bricellus spoke again. Isaac gestured for him to continue. "I have also drawn up a few ideas I believe will pad the coffers. First of all, pilgrim traffic is one of the ship's main roles, or at least it was in times past. We still carry tens of thousands of pilgrims as you all know, each of whom is adherent to one of a thousand different subsects of the Imperial Cult."

The others nodded as Bricellus spoke, rising from his seat and pacing back and forth behind his chair. His hands were expressive, accentuating his words and moving in a manner that tended to draw one's attention fully to him, so even though he may speak without raising his voice, every gravelly word was clear as a bell.

"Those pilgrims are seeking a deeply religious experience, to grow their connection with the God-Emperor and improve their faith. Ordinarily they have been left to their own devices after paying their transit and accomodation fees, but all that time aboard has to be filled somehow. More non-denominational masses of course, but also special introductory and educational tours, masses and relics of the Living Saint. Of course, Abrogation is not for everyone, but that is not to say that we cannot expand the depth of their faith by teaching them, and that they then carry the lessons and knowledge of the dangers of excess and emotional extremes to their final destinations, passing it on to their children, their friends, their own congregations."

"A fair point, and it never hurts to put a few more Thrones in the donation box." said Henderson.

"Thank you. I also thought about the concept of applying a certain degree of Abrogate doctrine to the public decks where the pilgrims and other travellers spend their time. Of course, not everyone is going to want to adhere to the strictures and commandments of our sect so we sell plenary indulgences."

Isaac grinned "Bricellus, that is brilliant."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 16, 2015

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

"Contradicting the Holy Truth."
"Double secret heresy!" interjected Dean Vernon Wormer

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
CHAOS HOUSEEE!!!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hahaha, I'd watch that.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ohone's adversaries drive down the holy path to the throne on a Heretek Dreadnaught with Abbadon waving a crappy scimitar around while a really loyal gaurdsman is trampled attempting to maintain order.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

Ohone's adversaries drive down the holy path to the throne on a Heretek Dreadnaught with Abbadon waving a crappy scimitar around while a really loyal gaurdsman is trampled attempting to maintain order.

Everything is fine! All is well!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Everything is fine! All is well!

Yeah there's absolutely no chance we'll ever be the one trampling over loyal guardsmen in a DAoT Herewarpxenotek Dreadnaught of Doom. None whatsoever :D

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A loyal guardsman to Chaos maybe. :colbert:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Lykaeon, World Eater Captain. Location: Golgotha, Surface.

"Pathetic filth! I've slaughtered Tau colonists that put up more of a fight than you." Lykaeon bellowed, the titanic figure's warped suit of Terminator armour had been so distended and mutated by the Ruinous Powers that he was practically a walking dreadnought. Behind him, several Bloodletters were creating fountains of green, spore-filled Ork blood and blackish ichor from less identifiable creatures.

His lips twisted into a savage snarl, a row of sharklike metal teeth glittered from the illumination provided by Ork stubbers and autocannon fire as it erupted all around him. Dozens of rounds spanged and ricocheted off the crimson ceraplas plates and burnished brass spikes and skulls festooned across his armour as he turned his attention at once to the loudest, largest Ork he could see. The mighty creature was easily fifteen feet tall, almost matching the enraged instrument of Khornate brutality striding across the gore-slick ground as it heaved from subterranean atomics and plasmatic eruptions, indicators of conflict as heated below the ground as it was above it.

"OI! Spikey, you look loike a giant bleedin' zit wiv yer red bitz an' pasty 'ead. It'z krumpin' time!" yelled the massive Ork, its lower jaw apparently a crudely constructed affair of thick red-painted metal with jagged teeth several inches tall and a bionic eye that took up most of its head's left side. It lumbered toward him as he lumbered toward it, eyes fixed upon each other, determined and full of hate.

Lykaeon cleared the path before him like a lawnmower or mine flail, the twisted polypous mass that was his left fist exploded into a fifteen foot long appendage that was half tentacle, half chainfist, and he swung it casually. The screaming of what one would have assumed was its motor was as loud as the screams of agony and dismemberment as a half dozen Ork shootaboyz in front of him were reduced to bodyparts. A larger Ork wielding a crudely-made axe in one hand and an autogun in the other charged him with a deafening roar. It was cut short with an eardrum-bursting crack and a blinding flash as the Thunder Hammer in Lykaeon's right hand connected squarely with its chest, covering everything within a thirty foot radius in green gobbets of flesh.

He came to a halt in front of the massive Mekboy, whose bionic eye flashed and unloaded a burst of laser energy that carved a blackened streak across the left side of Lykaeon's face. Lykaeon's mouth split into an ever-widening, razor-toothed grin and the two collided with enough force to level a building.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 17, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hexenritter posted:

Slice of Life: Lykaeon, World Eater Captain. Location: Golgotha, Surface.

"Pathetic filth! I've slaughtered Tau colonists that put up more of a fight than you." Lykaeon bellowed, the titanic figure's warped suit of Terminator armour had been so distended and mutated by the Ruinous Powers that he was practically a walking dreadnought. Behind him, several Bloodletters were creating fountains of green, spore-filled Ork blood and blackish ichor from less identifiable creatures.

His lips twisted into a savage snarl, a row of sharklike metal teeth glittered from the illumination provided by Ork stubbers and autocannon fire as it erupted all around him. Dozens of rounds spanged and ricocheted off the crimson ceraplas plates and burnished brass spikes and skulls festooned across his armour as he turned his attention at once to the loudest, largest Ork he could see. The mighty creature was easily fifteen feet tall, almost matching the enraged instrument of Khornate brutality striding across the gore-slick ground as it heaved from subterranean atomics and plasmatic eruptions, indicators of conflict as heated below the ground as it was above it.

"OI! Spikey, you look loike a giant bleedin' zit wiv yer red bitz an' pasty 'ead. It'z krumpin' time!" yelled the massive Ork, its lower jaw apparently a crudely constructed affair of thick red-painted metal with jagged teeth several inches tall and a bionic eye that took up most of its head's left side. It lumbered toward him as he lumbered toward it, eyes fixed upon each other, determined and full of hate.

Lykaeon cleared the path before him like a lawnmower or mine flail, the twisted polypous mass that was his left fist exploded into a fifteen foot long appendage that was half tentacle, half chainfist, and he swung it casually. The screaming of what one would have assumed was its motor was as loud as the screams of agony and dismemberment as a half dozen Ork shootaboyz in front of him were reduced to bodyparts. A larger Ork wielding a crudely-made axe in one hand and an autogun in the other charged him with a deafening roar. It was cut short with an eardrum-bursting crack and a blinding flash as the Thunder Hammer in Lykaeon's right hand connected squarely with its chest, covering everything within a thirty foot radius in green gobbets of flesh.

He came to a halt in front of the massive Mekboy, whose bionic eye flashed and unloaded a burst of laser energy that carved a blackened streak across the left side of Lykaeon's face. Lykaeon's mouth split into an ever-widening, razor-toothed grin and the two collided with enough force to level a building.

EVERYTHING IS FINE

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
That legitimately is fine. We specifically wanted to lure those sorts of heavy hitters to the bloodbath on Golgotha.

The Imperium is attempting to stay out of the thick of it until their enemies thin themselves out a bit. Most of the Chaos elements can be expected to take a similar tack, but that dude is a Khornate beserker. Ain't nobody keeping him from a fight like that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah, the original idea was an introductory post with him salivating at the thought of ravaging that beautiful little blue jewel called Terra from the deck of one of Abaddon's troop carriers but Lowel pointed out that the strike force is an infinitely smaller presence and commitment of force than the primary Chaos presence which is currently gently caressing Golgotha and everything on it so I went balls-out :black101:

It's really a good thing that Golgotha is currently such a magnet for pretty much everyone because it's consolidated a vast amount of every faction's heavy hitters into a single place so almost nobody notices that Empy's bedroom is all but unguarded.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Essentially every Khornate is or is going to Golgotha, so plan accordingly :D

Tzeentch and Undivided are heading for Terra, Nurgle and Slaanesh are split about even.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Essentially every Khornate is or is going to Golgotha, so plan accordingly :D

Tzeentch and Undivided are heading for Terra, Nurgle and Slaanesh are split about even.

Lykaeon's going to have so much fun, it's like christmas, his birthday and an 18-30 mixer cruise all rolled into one.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Well, this is big enough that it's not just going to be the chaos aligned soldiers. This is enticing enough that greater daemons will take notice as well. At the very least we can expect a few bloodthirsters trying to batter their way through to reality the moment some half-wit sorcerer tries to summon up some help. Given that each such greater daemon has an entire army at their disposal it's going to be messy.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tran posted:

Well, this is big enough that it's not just going to be the chaos aligned soldiers. This is enticing enough that greater daemons will take notice as well. At the very least we can expect a few bloodthirsters trying to batter their way through to reality the moment some half-wit sorcerer tries to summon up some help. Given that each such greater daemon has an entire army at their disposal it's going to be messy.

Definitely. A systemwide conflict of this size is going to end up looking like a Who's Who of the Warp.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Once I do the 'chaos arrives' post, feel free to grab a daemon prince or Magos and run around with them. Lots of explosions, Dakka, everyone dies :D

I do want to emphasize the two following players:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/An'ggrath
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Angron

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I can't remember if I posted it here or in IRC but I have this mental image of Abbadon ranting and stomping around about cracking open the STC, THIS is the moment where Chaos overtakes the universe like a cancer, IT IS TIME FOR RUINATI- and then a warboss the size of a city bus rockets into him out of the sky with an "Oi!" like a thunderclap and they wrassle.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

poor life choice posted:

I can't remember if I posted it here or in IRC but I have this mental image of Abbadon ranting and stomping around about cracking open the STC, THIS is the moment where Chaos overtakes the universe like a cancer, IT IS TIME FOR RUINATI- and then a warboss the size of a city bus rockets into him out of the sky with an "Oi!" like a thunderclap and they wrassle.

Would happily narrate that in my best Jim Ross voice :bahgawd:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Currently in Golgotha:

Inner system: Predominately Orks and Nids

Outer system: Predominately Imperial Navy

Feel free to do SoLs about either of them :D

Edit: On their way: Segmentum Solar, Mechanicus, Dark Mechanicus, Abaddon and Dark Eldar, Fabiyan

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Currently in Golgotha:

Inner system: Predominately Orks and Nids

Outer system: Predominately Imperial Navy

Feel free to do SoLs about either of them :D

Edit: On their way: Segmentum Solar, Mechanicus, Dark Mechanicus, Abaddon and Dark Eldar, Fabiyan

Please do. I want more player SoLs too. We can all play in the sandbox as long as we don't poop.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tran posted:

The psychic forces at play are going to be immense. Between the WAAAGH field projected by the orks, the shadow cast by the tyranids and the garden-variety warp shenanigans from chaos, reality is going to be even more subjective than usual.

The closest canon event to this is when a massive Chaos incursion rocked in on an Imperial Hive World, but arrived just after a Tyranid hive fleet had finished eating everyone. The warp fuckery confused and disoriented the Tyranids, while the Shadow caused Chaos powers to flicker and weaken, which is bad when your army is made of daemons.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Do Orks have a warp presence or is the WAAAGH like an alternative, analogous psyker... thing?

e: what would it take to make an Eye of Krumpin'?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Skellybones posted:

The psychic forces at play are going to be immense. Between the WAAAGH field projected by the orks, the shadow cast by the tyranids and the garden-variety warp shenanigans from chaos, reality is going to be even more subjective than usual.

We have ideas about this. Heh heh heh.

poor life choice posted:

Do Orks have a warp presence or is the WAAAGH like an alternative, analogous psyker... thing?

e: what would it take to make an Eye of Krumpin'?

Gork and Mork are their gods, but off the top of my head I'm not sure if their psychic presence is Warp-based or not

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Fluff suggests the ork psychic powers are warp related. At the very least their powers are elevated in the warp like other psykers. Having said that, their powers function very differently from most species. Their abilities are like a cross between the focus nodes of a tyranid swarm and the more standard individual warp connection of humans. It's also notable that weirdboys tend to experience horrible pain from the manifestation of their powers. A rare few will eventually come to associate the sensation with the joy of killing things and become addicted to blasting things. Those "warp'eads" are the ones that become major figures.

The relevant part for Golgotha is that an ork weirdboy with a decent sized group of riled up orks is going to be extremely powerful, but rather lacking in any kind of finesse or precision. With the kinds of numbers Golgotha is seeing they will be catastrophically powerful up until they inevitably explode with enough force to scuttle a kruizer. To give an idea just how powerful, normal weirdboys with just a ship full of orks are capable of powering actual naval energy weapons.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I would like to formally cast a vote for two suggestions on how we can contribute to Terra's defence that were brought up in IRC by other people.

cat_herder: let's recreate the entire species of tunnel cat and give them their own planet

Hexenritter: Abrogate Tunnelcats with pompadour wig helmets and cat ears

(bolding for proper vote mine)

Please count Team Catgirl in support of these motions.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

There are so many Orks, and those Orks are so devoted in their worship, that Gork and Mork regularly assault and belittle the Chaos Gods for laughs. The raw might of their gods renders Orks utterly immune to warp corruption.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Tuska Invaded the Eye of Terror.

Orks give zero fucks about chaos.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
How much defense is present in Sol? Considering that it's where the Emp and his astronomicon are, I would hope there is at least some fleet presence there.

Also, assuming the beast survives, can we play katamari and add any of the killed ships to the bulk of the beast? Expanding the ship would be kinda neat and simply mashing them to the existing ball would be faster than building new bits. (I want us to have our own gravitation well one day :colbert:)

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Adding parts salvaged from a chaos aligned vessel is probably not a good idea.

That is unless you think having ship components that occasionally devour, horribly mutate, or induce horrific plagues in our crewmen is a good change.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Kinetica posted:

How much defense is present in Sol? Considering that it's where the Emp and his astronomicon are, I would hope there is at least some fleet presence there.

All the fleets are on their way to Golgotha :) There's just space stations and armed planetoids left :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 390,900
Feb 1 Goal: 500,000

Golgotha

“And… there we are.”
Warmaster de Vadillio’s face was grim, even if her tone was not.
She continued: “What do you think, Lieutenant? Every heretek and fallen Magi in the galaxy?”
Her flag officer smiled sickly, her face pale. “Looks about that way, Ma’am.”

The Hunger Fleets were poised like a dagger at the heart, their very presence distorting reality around them. Warp-engines and Warp-cannons, the stuff of which nightmares was made. Even through the vacuum of space, the Imperial Fleet could hear the screams of the insane, the tortured binary of the heretek. It was just on the edge of awareness, scratching at the walls of their mind.

“We know their objective, anyway. An approach vector like that, they aren’t bothering with our ammo worlds. Order the land-based artillery to open fire, and I want our fleets in place before they get close to the inner system. They are the ones we’re here to stop, so let’s be about it.”

An unstoppable force was meeting an immovable object, tens of thousands of battleships approaching each other in the blackness of space. The were already firing, well outside of visual range, and millions of torpedoes and boarding pods leapt into the void. It would be days, weeks before the first impacts, but the fleets were already attempting to scatter.