Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Now the guild is like 3/4 the server and there's no one to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

PriNGLeS posted:

Now the guild is like 3/4 the server and there's no one to kill.

I bet not being in that guild sucks!

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.
Let's be fair, we're only half of the server population. There are so many of us though that my leveling group was ganked by guildies earlier and I just stood around and watched then got accused of baiting.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Right now there are 162 people on and 9 of them are in our guild.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

I miss the old insta 50 OF free shards. You know, where the gameplay was focused on the only part of the game most people actually enjoyed.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah, the cool thing about those shards were how none of them lasted for more than a month.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

PriNGLeS posted:

Yeah, the cool thing about those shards were how none of them lasted for more than a month.

Eh, if anything it was kind of nice cause you didn't have RR10 zerglord poopsockers running around 2 shotting idiots only cause they played for 5 years or whatever.

Also, the reason none of those shards lasted was because the admins were loving idiots who caused internal drama all the time.

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.
Euros already want to eject me from the guild. This server is fun.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I'm helping!

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

You have nothing in your 3 slot. I'm on to you...

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I have a horizontal bar across the top.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Lethantis started an itch that I couldn't scratch, so I'm playing live right now with pringles on alb if anyone is interested. Pretty good action lately.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
Let me know when Archers are fixed.

I leveled my Hunter to 50, thought "OK, this is it... I'm gonna murder everyone!"

Here's how my first fight went against a shadowblade who was busy fighting another player:

Opening Shot: Miss
Second Shot: Miss
Third Shot: Miss
Switch to Melee: Miss
SB Evades
Melee: Miss
DEAD

I poo poo you not. Haven't logged on since.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
archers are pretty good but then you picked a hunter

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I guess you're talking about lethantis. Everything is hosed up and broken on that server.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I wanted to play Live again but how hard is it to level and get poo poo together to compete at 50?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I guess you're talking about lethantis. Everything is hosed up and broken on that server.

They fixed bow/melee this patch. You can now use a bow from any realm, as well.

Added new ports, new keep bonuses to rp/xp/bp, and some other poo poo.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

I wanted to play Live again but how hard is it to level and get poo poo together to compete at 50?

0% hard if you buy plat from china. Or sell a time card for 250p. Takes anywhere from 2 to 200 hours to get to CL 15 after you're 50. Doing the supplies for the cause quest in the frontiers. Gives about 3800 bps (some sort of bonus going on right now, which you then use to buy CL xp scrolls for 2k bps which give a full 10 bubs of cl xp), about 600 rps, and 450g. And these shards which you use to get a random piece (1 of 3) for some high end gear. Like ml 10 poo poo, doppel myths, etc.

Also there are now merchants outside of SF/DL/CS that sell all the things. Summoner's hall poo poo, DF poo poo, seasonal poo poo, etc.

Grand total it cost me about 280p to get a good template for a minstrel.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

Kazvall posted:

They fixed bow/melee this patch. You can now use a bow from any realm, as well.

Added new ports, new keep bonuses to rp/xp/bp, and some other poo poo.

You got those patch notes handy? I uninstalled everything. If it's a legitimate fix to bows I may come back. If I still suck I'll just give you all my gold.

edit: nvm I got them. Going to test this out tonight.

fromsinkingsands fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 8, 2016

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We changed some things during the last week and with todays update:
- Melee/bow damage adjustments
- Archer classes now can use all bow types without having a disadvantage in weaponskill
- MoC ability now affects bolt damage
- Charge ability will no be fired/disabled any longer when rooted/snared
- Keep bonuses: having a keep claimed gives 10% XP, 5% RP & BP bonus
- Keep doors and banners fixed
- Teleporter npcs can now port you to emain
- Zonebonuses: Emain, Snowdonia and Yggdra now have a 20% bonus on XP and RP
- New crown cap merchant arrived in the frontiers
- changed RA scaling to new system
- some smaller bugfixes

Nex Steps:
- fixing reported bugs
- we will add more value and utility to keeps
- we will add guild vaultkeepers to keeps
- we will add personal merchants and market explorers during the next month
- Bountypoint Merchants

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

fromsinkingsands posted:

Let me know when Archers are fixed.

I leveled my Hunter to 50, thought "OK, this is it... I'm gonna murder everyone!"

Here's how my first fight went against a shadowblade who was busy fighting another player:

Opening Shot: Miss
Second Shot: Miss
Third Shot: Miss
Switch to Melee: Miss
SB Evades
Melee: Miss
DEAD

I poo poo you not. Haven't logged on since.

enchant your weapon :vince:

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

Kazvall posted:

enchant your weapon :vince:

Enchanted Weapon. Still a complete POS class that can't beat anyone 1v1. I'm officially done.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Come play live. I'm a body/mind sorc (or body if someone wants to take over that spot) and pringles is a baller minst.

That and we'd like a group of people to smallman/8man with regularly instead of just duoing and poo poo

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

fromsinkingsands posted:

Enchanted Weapon. Still a complete POS class that can't beat anyone 1v1. I'm officially done.

I have no doubt it's probably still poo poo. GL to you!

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

nousername posted:

Come play live. I'm a body/mind sorc (or body if someone wants to take over that spot) and pringles is a baller minst.

That and we'd like a group of people to smallman/8man with regularly instead of just duoing and poo poo

i'm installing but it's a pain to loving level last time i tried. kinda wanna do a cleric now though.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I have a second account with like 4 clerics on it from 40-50. Once housing is up I can temp one for you or I could bust out an armsman and minstrel on my 2 accounts and level with you. Or a necro... Or a cabalist... Or something

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

im gay posted:

i'm installing but it's a pain to loving level last time i tried. kinda wanna do a cleric now though.

How long ago did you try leveling? They added a bunch of high-XP quests to the various towns, or you could join an XP group in the battlegrounds and just level through battlegrounds. We used to finish off leveling by doing the Atlantis quests at about level 40-45, but I don't know if that's even necessary anymore. There's still an Atlantis quest around Oceanus that's good for XP from level 30 to 40 if the battlegrounds aren't working out.

There's also a new Champion Quest line available in the throne room that just requires running around the capital city a bit, and it took me all the way from Champion level 10 to Champion level 15 in no time. ButtaKnife was trying to level CL XP by running the Supplies quest in the frontier and that took forever. My way was better.

eta: I should also mention that new quests give tons and tons of money. It's hard to do any new quests anymore and not walk away with 10+ plat. Don't bother with the gold farmers.

LoreOfSerpents fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 9, 2016

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I ran supplies quest in an off time from CL 1-15 and it only takes about 2 hours (quick tip: if your home realm maze/keep aren't working out, port/boat to a different realm and do it there). As far as glass, they seem to have removed the repeatable versions in green glades, so the best way to XP is probably anything but that. It still only takes a few hours to BG quest from 1-50 though and you really want the BPs now. Plus, as stated earlier, the supplies quest can give shards for the high end gear which you might need for templates.

Oh also, my character name on alb is "Whoislash"

nousername fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 9, 2016

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Albion is the only realm I never played. All my Albion classes were on Mordred.
I just preferred Midgard and Hybernia group compositions.

Last time I played on live (for a few days) I was forced to farm some stuff from monsters in atlantis to complete my ML quests etc. I hated it :(

Evernoob fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 9, 2016

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Evernoob posted:

Albion is the only realm I never played. All my Albion classes were on Mordred.
I just preferred Midgard and Hybernia group compositions.

Last time I played on live (for a few days) I was forced to farm some stuff from monsters in atlantis to complete my ML quests etc. I hated it :(
The way to do MLs now is to accumulate bounty points by leveling in the battlegrounds, and then use your BPs to buy MLs. You can also use BPs to buy artifacts.

You still have to level the arties the old-fashioned way, though. :argh:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll take that money still, if you want, ha-ha.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

LoreOfSerpents posted:

The way to do MLs now is to accumulate bounty points by leveling in the battlegrounds, and then use your BPs to buy MLs. You can also use BPs to buy artifacts.

You still have to level the arties the old-fashioned way, though. :argh:

people sell it for like 10p now for a full ml1-10 credit, and you can make 10p just doing the supplies quest for a few hours while you're getting CL experience, so that's nice.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Is it still impossible to migrate characters from Mordred to the Regular server? Even if nakid?

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

nousername posted:

people sell it for like 10p now for a full ml1-10 credit, and you can make 10p just doing the supplies quest for a few hours while you're getting CL experience, so that's nice.
Ahhh right, I totally forgot people are selling the credits also. :)

Evernoob posted:

Is it still impossible to migrate characters from Mordred to the Regular server? Even if nakid?
Was it impossible recently? There's an NPC in the housing entrance who helps characters coming from Mordred (when the housing zone isn't hosed, anyway), so I'd expect it to be possible.

Also, the new Otherworlds campaigns are ridiculous even after they made them easier. :gonk: Waffle and I just went through chapters 1-10 all at once.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Evernoob posted:

Char transfer. They give you like plat or bps to buy gear with. It's /char copy?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

nousername posted:

God I hate you. Why do you always do this to me. I've always wanted to play a Theurgist and have sooo much Astral cloth sitting around..

ggschmitty fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 10, 2016

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
omg HI SCHMITTY MESSAGE ME ON STEAM

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

im gay posted:

Did you end up making a cleric? Like I said, I'm pretty down to level a PVE setup while you do a cleric. It'd make it way faster for you too, and I can toss you the ML credits since I'm loaded with BP.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

nousername posted:

Did you end up making a cleric? Like I said, I'm pretty down to level a PVE setup while you do a cleric. It'd make it way faster for you too, and I can toss you the ML credits since I'm loaded with BP.

I can starting tomorrow, I'll post here when I make an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

im gay posted:

I can starting tomorrow, I'll post here when I make an account.

Word, no worries. I'll make my characters tomorrow, but I work till 4pm CST so I'll help out when I'm around after that.

• Locked thread