Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

"The Lone Wolf" Baron Kazuhira "Kaz" "Master" "The Shockmaster" Miller Corbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

"The Lone Wolf" Baron Kazuhira "Kaz" "Master" "The Shockmaster" Miller Corbin

YOU'RE GOING TO EXTRACT HIM??????

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
New Japan's contract cycle traditionally runs January to January.It has long been rumoured, fantasy booked and played around with by all the parties involved but a number of members of the Bullet Club might be WWE bound. Most probable is Karl Anderson. He's most likely dropping the tag belts at the Dome and there's nothing apparent in the booking for him next on the horizon. He's been with NJPW for 8 years - starting off with Tensai and Balor and he turns 36 next month. There's a curiously billed indie booking next week too:

https://twitter.com/CodyFnHawk/status/676483763941978112
https://twitter.com/Machinegunka/status/657321337162084352

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
don't do this

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Hace posted:

don't do this

The NJPW Power Struggle 2015 IC Nakamura/Anderson match seemed like a thank you thing too.

And Rocky Romero did a guest stint at the PC recently:
https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/671743541530525696

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I hope you're wrong as this is shaping up for a terrible month for promotions I like that are actually easily accessible

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

At least we know who the Balor Club is now. :ohdear:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of Balor, that demon paint is cool as gently caress.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
At the end of a match, when it's all worn off, the paint makes it look like he's really been through a war.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, he looked like hell after the championship match with Samoa Joe. Is the paint just a thing he does for PPVs or does it happen in some of the regular episodes as well?

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 20, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fenrir posted:

The real answer.

Also, what is the crowd chanting during the Corbin/Crews match? I can't make it out. Sounded like it ended with "bullshit" or something.

There was "You're poo poo, and you know you are" followed by a round of "gently caress you Corbin" which I think is what you're hearing there.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, he looked like hell after the championship match with Samoa Joe. Is the paint just a thing he does for PPVs or does it happen in some of the regular episodes as well?

He only uses it on TakeOver specials. There was concern after the first time he did it that it would become a regular thing, but that turned out not to be the case.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 20, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fenrir posted:

If you're going to watch any more takeovers, watch Brooklyn and Respect, in the order

Namaste

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If Anderson ends up at NXT, Scott Dawson better watch his spot

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fenrir posted:

Speaking of Balor, that demon paint is cool as gently caress.

It belongs on a monster truck, not a person.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it belongs in the trash

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's good.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Jackie D posted:

It's good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'm of the Ultimate Warrior, Legion of Doom, Demolition school of paint and intensity being the most important things for a wrestler to have.

Handsome Irishman that transforms into demon monster is like the coolest thing. Only thing better would be if Ultimate Warrior had a Prince Adam to his He-Man secret identity back in the 80's.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

yeah it's loving sick

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked when Balor came out looking like the Babadook or whatever

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Lady Naga posted:

It belongs on my suit of X-01 power armour, just waiting for someone to mod it in.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Die Laughing posted:

Handsome Irishman that transforms into demon monster is like the coolest thing.

This is the main thing I dislike about Balor, he doesn't transform into anything he's just the same guy with paint on him.

If he changed up his wrestling style perhaps being noticably more aggressive it'd work much better.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thing i dislike is he looks stupid and bad

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he should do a blood sunday on my face with his dick

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also do the bloody sunday like normal on other wrestlers because it's a cool move

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz2k21 posted:

This is the main thing I dislike about Balor, he doesn't transform into anything he's just the same guy with paint on him.

If he changed up his wrestling style perhaps being noticably more aggressive it'd work much better.

I said it earlier but did you see him not work more agreesive at takeover? Within like the first minute of the match he tried to stomp Joe into the ring steps.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I think Finn Balor has a weird head God bless

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
The paint is cool but the leather dreads look worse every time

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Hace posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

Yeah if they got rid of those it'd be perfect.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The paint isn't as cool as NJPW, and not as fun as him doing superhero costumes on the indies, but it's still fun to see. They just need to give it more reason and change his style up when he's in it as it doesn't add an awful lot beyond a long intro.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
The idea of the paint is cool but he keeps doing the same one over and over which does suck.

The paint is also cool because when he eventually turns heel and stops wearing it, fans are gonna be pissssssssssssssed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

The paint isn't as cool as NJPW, and not as fun as him doing superhero costumes on the indies, but it's still fun to see. They just need to give it more reason and change his style up when he's in it as it doesn't add an awful lot beyond a long intro.

He does change his style though? Like not to the point of a different finish or anything, but there's a marked difference.

Angular Landbury posted:

The idea of the paint is cool but he keeps doing the same one over and over which does suck.

It's the same basic design but it's never been the same.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

He probably doesn't change it too much because of merchandising. They'd rather mass produce his look rather than come up with a new one with each iteration.

Then again, they may want to do it once he gets to the main roster. For now, though, I think they're trying to be more consistent.

That said, though... the Jack the Ripper look would have looked a lot better without the dreads.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

AMReese posted:

He probably doesn't change it too much because of merchandising. They'd rather mass produce his look rather than come up with a new one with each iteration.

Then again, they may want to do it once he gets to the main roster. For now, though, I think they're trying to be more consistent.

That said, though... the Jack the Ripper look would have looked a lot better without the dreads.

I don't really get the idea of sticking to one look for merch reasons though. Wouldn't that just mean more merch you can sell? The Finn action figure coming with 6 possible paint styles in varying quanities and a super rare no-paint 7th style just makes there more merch to buy for kids and more stuff for collectors to track down, doesn't it?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The paint works because he is a sexy man. Imagine someone like Bull trying to get that gimmick over

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

That DICK! posted:

The paint works because he is a sexy man. Imagine someone like Bull trying to get that gimmick over

Help, we ran out of paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Finally got around to watching Takeover. Its amazing how much more to my tastes this show is than the main roster. Also, my first time seeing Nia Jax. She's awesome, though she looks like you took a Bella head and stuck it on Bull Nakano.

• Locked thread