Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TMMadman posted:

Can we all agree to be more sensible than that other thread about certain things?

You mean whether or not 10K is dead? Because I would actually welcome whatever nonsense would come out of that argument :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DarklyDreaming posted:

You mean whether or not 10K is dead? Because I would actually welcome whatever nonsense would come out of that argument :allears:

I got money on he gets out through the escape hatch!

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I feel confident that if this show wanted 10k dead, they would have shown him lying comatose as the sub exploded. The fact that they showed him getting up, alert, and ready to start 10k-ing? I don't think we need to measure anything with Tim Horton's cups. (I got it covered tho if we need too)

Now some Navy goon is going to come in and give us a rundown on how hosed he would be no matter what, and we'll all argue until next season. (no we won't the z-nation is better than that :colbert:)

Also good finale, didn't laugh out loud like I usually do, but Doc giving Murph a joint for the road, and the respect in his voice for it.. sold. Missed opportunity to have him smoking it on his dinghy victory lap though.

Oh and I liked them finally addressing "the" in "The Murphy".

I'm pretty sure I would be sobbing uncontrollably if it played out like that, gently caress.
VV

Caedus fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 19, 2015

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Glad El Scoprion lived even though I didn't expect it. I'm down with mexican actors who always play villains and gangsters get a shot playing solid dudes.

Also, even though I'm sure they'd nail it, I kinda hope they never actually show any black summer stuff. Just have it be some small but intense dark age period literally no one wants to talk about or relive outside of "yeah, black summer."

And yea, if 10k was dead, I think Z Nation is the kinda show that would have shown it. We would have got a send off etc. Let's be real, the only way 10k dies is in Doc's arms, with Doc crying uncontrollably.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

10k will die right after he kills zombie 9999, he will get bitten shoot one of those gears into the sky and there will be a trailing shot following back down into his head for his 10000th kill.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I'm psyched El Scorpion lived. When he first showed up I thought he was going to be super serious, but he was way more fun and charismatic than I was expecting. So if he sticks around and gets a chance to put his z-weed where his mouth is and redeem himself, that'll be awesome.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
10K is totally alive. Knowing Z Nation, he probably launched himself out of the sub like a torpedo and will have to fight off a zombie shark at the start of the next season.

I like how they let Vasquez's arc wind down, part of me hopes that he's raising a zombie horde to devour the Scorpion.

All in all, a good season finale that'll nicely dovetail into the next season.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Good finale. I think Murphy's zombaby will play a big role next season given the ending. I hope 10K is alive. I grew to like Vasquez so I hope that is.not the last of him. Looking forward to see if Scorpian joins the crew just by virtue of how the episode ended. Would be pretty funny.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

socialsecurity posted:

10k will die right after he kills zombie 9999, he will get bitten shoot one of those gears into the sky and there will be a trailing shot following back down into his head for his 10000th kill.

This would be perfect.

Even though there were a ton of radical changes it still felt "organic," I guess would be the word. Also, Warren's "I'm not in charge in anymore" hit harder than expected.

Pretty big difference between a show wrapping up knowing whether or not they've been renewed it seems. The tone between this one and El Camino is wild.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Have I already said this is a loving good show? Because this is a loving good show.

MACHETE'S!!!!! :black101:

Concerning 10K; as a few people with really good taste in television shows have already said, if you die in this show, it ain't going to be offscreen in some namby pamby underwater sub explosion.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

OK, who's got the head in the box? Kurian's going to be pissed no one's talking to him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

spookygonk posted:

OK, who's got the head in the box? Kurian's going to be pissed no one's talking to him.

I expect Vasquez to find the head and use it to follow Murphey and the team after the Chinese take them captive.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
More like the head is a double agent and is actually leading the Chinese.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I like Addy. Would marry.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

FYI for anyone who has Chiller, they are running a Z Nation marathon that started sometime today and doesn't look to finish up until 5am Monday. Right now they are they are on Season 1 Episode 13. At 7pm they start back on the very first episode. Season 2 starts at 8 am tomorrow morning, finishing up at 10pm before wrapping and starting Season 2 again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

She's a hockey fan, another big plus

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cactus posted:

What a name too...

Anastasia Baranova, USSR stock.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope Season 3 opens up with Addy and Doc making a deal with Sketchy and Skeezy just like they were introduced in season 1.

She does need a new weapon after all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maceball Bat will be missed.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I was totally expecting this to be a mid-season finale (all the other shows I watch go for 20+ episodes per season), so finding out that the season itself is over made me sad. :(

Anyway, totally not worried about 10K. If El Scorpion can survive being thrown into a hole full of zombies, 10K is definitely surviving the nuclear submarine exploding.

I also like that they didn't go into much detail about how Murphy managed to sink a nuclear submarine. It's one of the things I like about this show: it doesn't go out of its way to try to be logical. It just focuses on being fun and moving the plot forward. Whereas if the same thing had happened in that one other zombie show, 10K and Murphy would spend half the season discussing whether they should sink the submarine.

Slow News Day fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 20, 2015

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
If The Last Ship is anything to go by, you need people around to make sure that the systems don't start overheating and catching fire. Murphy either turned or killed enough people on the ship to allow the fire to happen.
I can't wait for Murphy's kid to come into play.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

I also like that they didn't go into much detail about how Murphy managed to sink a nuclear submarine.

You are so wrong. I wanted at least one shot of Murphy building up his army in the sub. Hiding in (and humorously popping out of) a locker when someone walks by and chomping them, hiding in (and humorously popping out of) a lidded trashcan when someone walks by and chomping them, disguising himself as a raincoat and hanging on a hook until someone walks by to put him on and *CHOMP*

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I wonder why he always goes for the face, if it's just to give us viewers a visual cue or he just likes to get up close and nasty. Also if there's any interactions with the blue eyes...

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Squalitude posted:

I wonder why he always goes for the face, if it's just to give us viewers a visual cue or he just likes to get up close and nasty. Also if there's any interactions with the blue eyes...

I thought the implication was that he could already control the people with the blue eyes, so it was really just a matter of chomping the rest of the folks he took with him and telling the blue eyes to scuttle the sub.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's totally a visual cue for the audience.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Phenotype posted:

I thought the implication was that he could already control the people with the blue eyes, so it was really just a matter of chomping the rest of the folks he took with him and telling the blue eyes to scuttle the sub.

Nah, he had to drop the cup to make them look around.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Loved the nihilistic ending with Murphy deciding he doesn't want to end up as a lab rat again just to benefit some rich dudes.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Invalid Validation posted:

It's totally a visual cue for the audience.

Yeah I thought as much but it seems a bit insulting to the audience, which as we all know, is of a far higher calibre than other zombie shows ;) Some people say "show, don't tell"; I say: "imply if you can get away with it".

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

etalian posted:

Loved the nihilistic ending with Murphy deciding he doesn't want to end up as a lab rat again just to benefit some rich dudes.

I think the people who decided just to save themselves and a few select others are the last people who deserve control of a world saving vaccine personally.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It sort of owned the number of different wardrobe changes Murphy had this season.

Everything from zombie pimp to the classic cross dressing visual gag.

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
If The Murphy doesn't toke up at the beginning of season 3 still heading to shore, I will just...shrug it off because I know this show delivers, just don't kill Doc.

HAH aw poo poo but I'm the worst. I didn't realize who that was having her little tea party at the end. Thanks, thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Klaus88 posted:

I think the people who decided just to save themselves and a few select others are the last people who deserve control of a world saving vaccine personally.

Funny that the Zetas were the lesser of all evils and the most likely seed of a post apocalyptic society if Murphy hadn't hosed everything.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Chinese are here, and they have freaking aircraft?

Time to rename this show Z-World :getin:

EDIT: Also Citizen Z :ohdear:

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 21, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chinese are out building islands right now.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

PowerBeard posted:

10K is totally alive. Knowing Z Nation, he probably launched himself out of the sub like a torpedo and will have to fight off a zombie shark at the start of the next season.

If I were a shipping man, I'd want 10k and Addy to get together. :unsmith:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HandsomeMrFooFoo posted:

If The Murphy doesn't toke up at the beginning of season 3 still heading to shore, I will just...shrug it off because I know this show delivers, just don't kill Doc.

HAH aw poo poo but I'm the worst. I didn't realize who that was having her little tea party at the end. Thanks, thread.

Doc confirmed being the coolest character on the team by giving Murphy a goodbye joint.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Doc confirmed being the coolest character on the team by giving Murphy a goodbye joint.

And because weed karma, Doc didn't even end up dry because El Scorpion has a months supply of Z-Weed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Murphy costume in the season was the pimp costume

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

etalian posted:

Best Murphy costume in the season was the pimp costume

idk, the foppish Mariachi outfit was pretty tight.

The international angle is interesting. Looking forward to seeing how China handled the zombie outbreak :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best reference line for the season:

"This is like some large shop of horrors"

Best visual gag:
The zombie stripper pole dance scene

• Locked thread