Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
He should do the worm, but only as the demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This forums hate on the double stomp is so bizarre to me. It's a move where a full grown man jumps high into the air and drives both feet into a person's chest and people act like this wouldn't hurt them somehow. This may be the forum with the biggest amounts of badasses posting here.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

It's not like it's alone either Sasha does a double kneed corner spot, Del Rio does almost the same spot from a tree of woe, I'm sure Cesaro has done the stomp a few time when he was paired with Swagger.

At least it's not another fireman carry finisher.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The_Rob posted:

This forums hate on the double stomp is so bizarre to me. It's a move where a full grown man jumps high into the air and drives both feet into a person's chest and people act like this wouldn't hurt them somehow. This may be the forum with the biggest amounts of badasses posting here.

No one is saying it doesn't hurt. Must people are saying it probably hurts a ton.

I think the issue is that it's a unique move that we're not used to seeing. It sits in a weird place in kayfabe moves.

Splashes like the Red Arrow, Frog Splash, Air Enzo, all seem legit. There's a big slam sound, the guy does a bit of a stomach bend sell, that's 3. All very effective.

There's no big sound on the stomp. It's on the chest, so you can't do the big stomach sell. It doesn't have a lot of the normal big-move tells that were used to seeing.

Compare it to Del Rio's stomp, where he also comes off the top, but it's turned into a curb stomp/slam type thing. That thing looks like murder (probably feels like it too).

I like the stomp, but I definitely feel its bit weird, like it's missing something as a finish.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Black Is Black posted:

It's not like it's alone either Sasha does a double kneed corner spot, Del Rio does almost the same spot from a tree of woe, I'm sure Cesaro has done the stomp a few time when he was paired with Swagger.

At least it's not another fireman carry finisher.

The difference is that Sasha and Del Rio's spots don't look like poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Demon Finn should keep the Coup de Grace as his finish, while nice Finn should do one hundred pile drivers onto tacks instead.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Speak for yourself. I think the Sasha spot looks like poo poo. It looks like she gently bumps into them and they go crashing into the mat.

You bunch of spot marks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sasha one looks bad

the del rio one looks good except his opponent has to literally lift himself into position so it also looks dumb

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The_Rob posted:

It's a move that literally anyone could do. It's just jumping on a guy. I could do it, assuming I don't fall off while climbing the turnbuckle. Wrestling finishers should look super cool but not actually injure anyone, not look really easy to do but hurt really bad. Whether it hurts irl is a bad metric to apply to wrestling, unless you love dick punch finishers.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

P-Mack posted:

It's a move that literally anyone could do.
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I can kick a guy in the gut, turn around, and then do a Stunner on him. I can also hook a guy's arms and plant him in a DDT or a Pedigree, as long as he's willing to help out like everyone else does. Hell, if I get high enough, maybe I can do a Frog Splash or two. That argument is worthless.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 23, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i live in a magical world where diving stomps basically always looks great to me

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has there ever been a really fat guy that does one? I think I would enjoy that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

P-Mack posted:

It's a move that literally anyone could do. It's just jumping on a guy. I could do it, assuming I don't fall off while climbing the turnbuckle. Wrestling finishers should look super cool but not actually injure anyone, not look really easy to do but hurt really bad. Whether it hurts irl is a bad metric to apply to wrestling, unless you love dick punch finishers.

Down this road lies the Canadian Destroyer.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

St Evan Echoes posted:

the sasha one looks bad

the del rio one looks good except his opponent has to literally lift himself into position so it also looks dumb

Del Rio's also only looks good because he doesn't give a poo poo about whether he injures his opponent and just double stomps their fuckin face half the time

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has there ever been a really fat guy that does one? I think I would enjoy that.

...You're a sadist, aren't you? You want someone's ribs to be literally crushed, since a fat man can't control his weight distribution well enough to avoid causing serious injury.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AMReese posted:

...You're a sadist, aren't you? You want someone's ribs to be literally crushed, since a fat man can't control his weight distribution well enough to avoid causing serious injury.

but enough about your love life

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Let's back to wrestling.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, I'm fine with them, I can buy it finishing a match no problem and most of the time it looks okay in my eyes. It's even somewhat fitting of a non-nonsense cruiserweight type, just stomp the poo poo outta your opponent (literally) instead of doing rope-walk moonsaults or whatever. To be completely honest with you, I like it better than Owens' pop-up powerbomb in terms of "recent NXT Champion finishers".

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Of course there's been a fat guy who does double-stomps and he was GREAT at them. Also the rumors of him doing the Benoit murders make him very sad.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

AMReese posted:

If he rolled forward, that would again put all the pressure on his opponent and he would not absorb it himself. Wrestling is all about protecting the other person in the ring, not trying to make yourself look good over everything else.
Actually it's about putting on a :kickinrad: spectacle *nails u straight in the forehead with a chair exactly the way a pussy WWE guy wouldn't*

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mob posted:

Of course there's been a fat guy who does double-stomps and he was GREAT at them. Also the rumors of him doing the Benoit murders make him very sad.

Sullivan's arms out dainty drop was always hilarious.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IcePhoenix posted:

The difference is that Sasha and Del Rio's spots don't look like poo poo.

Yeah, the great Del Rio move, where his opponent has to go to do a turnbuckle move even if they never do, so he can put them in the tree of woe so they can then lift themselves up so he can do a lovely stomp on them.

That's way better than knocking a guy down and jumping on him.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

My favorite move could beat up your favorite move

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

My favorite move has a bigger dick than your favorite move.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot believe so many people have turned on Devitt.

Maybe Vince isn't the problem.

Maybe it's been us the whole time.

Yuriy was right.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Maybe if he loving TURNED HEEL ALREADY!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Swagger Dagger posted:

Yeah, the great Del Rio move, where his opponent has to go to do a turnbuckle move even if they never do, so he can put them in the tree of woe so they can then lift themselves up so he can do a lovely stomp on them.

That's way better than knocking a guy down and jumping on him.

I said the move itself not the setup :colbert:

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Balor's finish is really good and painful looking.

Everything about del rio sucks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fart blood posted:

Was Devitt ever fully embraced online? I REALLY don't think so.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I saw nothing but awesome things online about Devitt when he was in NJPW.

Also just give him back Bloody Sunday. It's a perfectly serviceable finisher.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Who's turned on Devitt? He's great, most of what I'm seeing are people just saying his finish feels a bit weird.

Devitt is cool and great.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The_Rob posted:

Or it could just look like poo poo.

Like Low-Ki's double stomp looks absolutely fine to me, Balors has literally never looked good to me at all and always makes him look like a fanny to me. Which is a shame as I think he's legitimately cool and good in pretty much every other respect.

Well other than the leather dreadlocks.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Is this argument even going anywhere?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AMReese posted:

Is this argument even going anywhere?

RowdyRingsports.txt

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It is incredibly illegal for a publicly traded company to have overly worked finishers.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

fart blood posted:

Maybe Vince isn't the problem.

Maybe it's been us the whole time.

Yuriy was right.

I don't know what were talking about but sure why not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i turned on devitt

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

IcePhoenix posted:

I said the move itself not the setup :colbert:
There really isn't a away to do that move without an eternity of awkward foreplay.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The best finisher is the KO punch because punches end fights all the time and even a normal man's fist will knock you out, much less a GIANT'S fist

• Locked thread