Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Oberleutnant posted:

And yet you complain about people being unkind to you.

When did I complain about people being unkind to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

JeremoudPissflapejad posted:

Reminds me of Pissflaps

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I've been on the receiving end of abuse and unkind words from this thread for some time now. I will not allow it to impinge upon my principles.

Pissflaps posted:

When did I complain about people being unkind to me?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Clearly Pissflaps just needs to work on managing the thread's view on him better, if he can't manage effectively what people think of his posting then he should resign his account and let someone else take it over

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pissflaps for party leader moderater

not the mod ukmt needs but the mod ukmt deserves

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Angepain posted:

Clearly Pissflaps just needs to work on managing the thread's view on him better, if he can't manage effectively what people think of his posting then he should resign his account and let someone else take it over

Anybody but 'Flaps bandwagon.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

No that's not me complaining. That's me pointing out how the threat of being abused by this thread hasn't stopped me from posting my opinion in the past.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

thespaceinvader posted:

It's really not though. It's that it's POSSIBLE. I've never claimed it's a guarantee I've claimed its a possible avenue to victory.

People basically asserting he;s lost 4 years before he has a chance to win however is a loving brilliant way of making that a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Cerebral Bore posted:

The crux of your argument is that you're literally demanding the impossible.

its only even possible to win 2020 if he capitalizes on the gains today

he hasn't and nothing he's done in the last 3-4 months since his win in the leadership elections gives me any faith that he can create the electoral machine needed to defeat the inbuilt tory advantage in 2020. he cant even keep his shadow cabinet on message, momentum is languishing and he's unpopular in the general electorate

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

only 27% of britgoons think pissflaps will defend their posting integrity

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

No that's not me complaining. That's me pointing out how the threat of being abused by this thread hasn't stopped me from posting my opinion in the past.

gently caress off, Pissflaps.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

blowfish posted:

only 27% of britgoons think pissflaps will defend their posting integrity

flaps we can

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Malcolm XML posted:

its only even possible to win 2020 if he capitalizes on the gains today

he hasn't and nothing he's done in the last 3-4 months since his win in the leadership elections gives me any faith that he can create the electoral machine needed to defeat the inbuilt tory advantage in 2020. he cant even keep his shadow cabinet on message, momentum is languishing and he's unpopular in the general electorate

labour would probably be less of a dumpster fire if the plp had switched on their brains before running their mouths

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

gently caress off, Pissflaps.

I understand why you're like this and I will not condemn you for it.

blowfish posted:

labour would probably be less of a dumpster fire if the plp had switched on their brains before running their mouths

I don't think Corbyn's unpopularity is because of a Labour MP criticising him in the papers.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

You don't have principles.

Dedication to derailing threads into pages of pedanticism is a principle of a sort.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

blowfish posted:

if only there were a mechanism by which a party leader could control his/her MPs

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Malcolm XML posted:

What opportunities has he had to do so, exactly?

Bearing in mind that it takes at least a year for official Labour policies to come into existence, and you've for some reason already discounted a convincing by-election victory as evidence.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Malcolm XML posted:

if only there were a mechanism by which a party leader could control his/her MPs

PURGES

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Noxville posted:

Dedication to derailing threads into pages of pedanticism is a principle of a sort.

It takes two to tango and the horde of posters dedicated to joining him in the descent to utter tedium are just as bad.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Malcolm XML posted:

if only there were a mechanism by which a party leader can control his members

yes we get it corbyn is not the typical career politician and naively believes in basic democracy and stuff

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

Bearing in mind that it takes at least a year for official Labour policies to come into existence, and you've for some reason already discounted a convincing by-election victory as evidence.

What is it evidence of?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

It takes two to tango and the horde of posters dedicated to joining him in the descent to utter tedium are just as bad.
To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or Pissflaps. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

that corbyn does not magically cost labour votes by merely existing i guess

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

this is a problem w/ labour that Jeremy "jez we can" Corbyn can and should have fixed

are you seriously not discounting a by-election held in a labour stronghold with a split opposition as evidence for a broad 2020 victory?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pissflaps posted:

What is it evidence of?

The ability for the Labour party to win elections under his leadership.

Malcolm XML posted:

this is a problem w/ labour that Jeremy "jez we can" Corbyn can and should have fixed

are you seriously not discounting a by-election held in a labour stronghold with a split opposition as evidence for a broad 2020 victory?

No, he couldn't have fixed that yet. He MIGHT be able to at the next Conference, but he can't, wouldn't, and shouldn't even if he could and would, run roughshod over the established party procedures, and he can't change them without the approval of the party which happens at Conference. Give him a loving chance, seriously, it is literally not legally possible to change Labour procedures that quickly.

I'm saying that evidence that the party under his leadership can win elections is evidence that the party under his leadership can win elections. No more, no less. It was the party's to lose, everyone was predicting that it would go horribly for Labour, and they increased their vote share, mostly as I understand it by means of a strong ground game from dedicated activists of exactly the sort I'm suggesting might help.

It's not a guarantee of victory, by any means, but it's evidence that Labour can use its means to win elections without compromising its principles.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 29, 2015

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

The ability for the Labour party to win elections under his leadership.

I think Corbyn is bad but even I don't think the Labour party would win no seats under his leadership in 2020.

lfield
May 10, 2008
If Labour had lost Oldham I'm sure the doom and gloom posters would be equally insistent about that result not really meaning anything.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I think Corbyn is bad but even I don't think the Labour party would win no seats under his leadership in 2020.

Moan moan moan. It's all you do when you're not complaining about people being unkind to you.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

lfield posted:

If Labour had lost Oldham I'm sure the doom and gloom posters would be equally insistent about that result not really meaning anything.
Well if Lucy Allan were got rid of we might have a chance to find out.
Alas, the North very selfishly went and got flooded and everybody seems to have forgotten about her.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's telling that, on a slow news day like today, I can see 250+ new posts and know straight away that Pissflaps is on the forums this evening.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You know which JC had a beard and stood by his leftist principles and was hounded by the establishment for it?

Malcolm XML posted:

what has he done in oldham that can be generalized to somerset or london or cambridge or scotland? not much.

Massively beat expectations?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The thread finds itself devided into Oberleutnant's holy Marxist Corbynisters Vs The Blarite order of Pissflaptania

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

baka kaba posted:

You know which JC had a beard and stood by his leftist principles and was hounded by the establishment for it?

Massively beat expectations?

John Cena never had a beard.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

The thread finds itself devided into Oberleutnant's holy Marxist Corbynisters Vs The Blarite order of Pissflaptania

I wouldn't call myself a Corbynista exactly. He's not left wing enough for me personally, but he feels like the right balance for a mass party leader.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

John Cena never had a beard.

The internet informs me this is a lie. You know which other JC is misrepresented with lies??

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

I wouldn't call myself a Corbynista exactly. He's not left wing enough for me personally, but he feels like the right balance for a mass party leader.

To be clear I was using it in a positive light anyway. The Blairite armies are basically orcs.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Oh hey. The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards has confirmed there will be no investigation into Lucy Allan's conduct as of 18th of this month.
I don't recall seeing that in the thread. So that's just great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Corbyn should definitely come out to Cena's music.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

Oh hey. The Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards has confirmed there will be no investigation into Lucy Allan's conduct as of 18th of this month.
I don't recall seeing that in the thread. So that's just great.

I think someone else in this thread pointed out that her seat was a very close thing so they won't chance a byelection. Sounds legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think someone else in this thread pointed out that her seat was a very close thing so they won't chance a byelection. Sounds legit.

Yeah she scraped by on something like 700 votes, and the Parliamentary Commissioner is appointed by the commons and has historically been completely toothless including having commissioners bullied out of the post for daring to suggest investigating MPs.

• Locked thread