Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's a full game where you play as samus in a crashed research base on a planet and you're trying to get to your ship and leave. The big twist at the end is that you're just sa-x and you find this out by looking into a mirror and seeing that your helmet is empty. :iiam:

Also I love the videos, keep it up guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Did someone say SA-X? (from MeccaPrime's excellent LP of Fusion.)

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

It's a full game where you play as samus in a crashed research base on a planet and you're trying to get to your ship and leave. The big twist at the end is that you're just sa-x and you find this out by looking into a mirror and seeing that your helmet is empty. :iiam:

Yeeeesssss

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Grapplejack posted:

But the helmet wasn't empty in Fusion when you got to see its face.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cheez posted:

But the helmet wasn't empty in Fusion when you got to see its face.

I just really love the mental image of her putting her hands against the mirror and looking and there's just nothing looking back.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

DontMockMySmock posted:

Did someone say SA-X? (from MeccaPrime's excellent LP of Fusion.)

The image spinning around lazily because of the Space Jump makes this. :allears: It's more relevant than it could be too, from how much Fae has mentioned Eurovision in various streams.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Karia posted:

Except it just turns out that was another SA-X, and it repeats constantly throughout the rest of the game, with you controlling a different one every section of the game. Samus never actually appears.

So every leg of the game would end with a SA-X Battle?

How about a Metroid 2-esque game, except instead of killing all Metroids you need to kill all SA-Xs? (insert your favorite twist here)

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Could be something like Destroy All Humans, where you play normally, fighting SA-Xes as you go, until you die, at which point it's revealed that you were an SA-X and the real Samus shows up to absorb your collected items - unless that one dies as well, at which point it, too, was an SA-X all along and perhaps the next Samus is the real one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Do the SA-X kill each other? I thought they had some hive mind or something.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do the SA-X kill each other? I thought they had some hive mind or something.

They are not a hive mind, but they are controlled by semi-mindless all-consuming space viruses that mostly want to do two things: Kill All Metroids, and Eat Everything. They have no reason to kill each other, but that "semi-mindless" part means it wouldn't be too difficult to give them a reason to. It could even be something as stupid as killing each other over which one has the best Anti-Metroid weaponry in an ever-escalating arm's race.

But I really don't think "army of SA-X's hunting each other" is a way for the series to go after Fusion. I'd want a sequel to Fusion to explore the ramifications of Samus becoming a bio-mech because it kinda rules that that happened. Also in a post-Fusion world, she's now the enemy of the main military force of the galaxy for destroying a vital space station of theirs, along with being semi-framed for the actions of SA-X during that game, plus anything she was up to after Fusion since I think one of them survived. It's been a while since I saw the end of that game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but it could be a funny concept for a competitive multiplayer game. Everybody's Samus, but the real Samus is the one who kills everybody else, who are SA-X.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Not that these ideas are worse than other M, but I'm really glad this thread isn't in charge of coming up with metroid concepts.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tamaridley - raise your own Ridley!

A classic point & click adventure game where you play a Space Pirate scientist and at some point you're actually supposed to rub the new dangerous-looking item you get on literally everything to proceed. Bad things happen.

Metroid... But with Bitcoin!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If the Space Pirates really wanted to gently caress up Samus' day they should set up base on a planet with no Chozo ruins.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I lost track of this thread sometime around page 2, you guys are nerds

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If the Space Pirates really wanted to gently caress up Samus' day they should set up base on a planet with no Chozo ruins.

Or create a base that has vents 75 cm in diameter and doors with key locks.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I lost track of this thread sometime around page 2, you guys are nerds

One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When I got my N64 I definitely did the thing of "open a game for the console before receiving said console" you talked about in this episode, and what makes it worse is that I was a bad kid who opened a present in secret off to the side, so I had to feign surprise when I opened up the N64 :negative: I was just at my buddy's place for NYE and his wife got him a 3DS for Christmas, and it reminded me how much I miss getting video games as presents, I think the last one for me might go all the way back to Super Mario Galaxy.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

A classic point & click adventure game where you play a Space Pirate scientist and at some point you're actually supposed to rub the new dangerous-looking item you get on literally everything to proceed. Bad things happen.

A legit Sierra-style point and click adventure as a Space Pirate Scientist would be hilarious. All of the bullshit Sierra deaths would involve Samus randomly walking into the room and killing you.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm not sorry.

We recorded more footage today. This is what happens when you record with fae and she sends you files.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"I love the fact that she takes military protocol very seriously, even though she is not enlisted in any military."

You sure you haven't played Other M? :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FPzero posted:

We recorded more footage today. This is what happens when you record with fae and she sends you files.

That happens with most of my co-commentators too.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

FPzero posted:

I'm not sorry.

You also need to show us your Metroid hat.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh okay.

It's sitting on my desk next to my DK Bongos. It's a felt hat and the teeth/tusks come down and sort of cover the ears. It's still a little small for my head but I still think it's neat.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I also love Jellyfish. It's probably why I never get angry at metroids attacking me in these games, because they are basically life force sucking jellyfish.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Your talk about Metroids sucking out souls now has me picturing Dementors from Harry Potter actually being Metroids under the cloak

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Your talk about Metroids sucking out souls now has me picturing Dementors from Harry Potter actually being Metroids under the cloak

Bombs are fueled by love, and missiles are chocolate. Super Missiles are peanut butter in a full chocolate jacket.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Bombs are fueled by love, and missiles are chocolate. Super Missiles are peanut butter in a full chocolate jacket.

So Samus's patronus is an ice beam?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure her Patronus is THE BABY!

But when she uses it to send messages, it talks with Adam's voice.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby the baby

This is a pretty good LP! I never got into the Prime games, I prefer my Metroids flat.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
You seem to use the power beam a lot more than I did after getting the wave beam. Aside from specific enemies and super missiles I pretty much just forgot about it.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

You seem to use the power beam a lot more than I did after getting the wave beam. Aside from specific enemies and super missiles I pretty much just forgot about it.

I forgot about it so hard that I freaked out that I couldn't use the Super Missile when I tried to fire it by charging the Wave Beam. It didn't help that the charge combos on Wii require you to push A and down on the D-pad at the same time, with only the thumb.

You can edit your controls to some degree to alleviate this, but after several hours of getting used to the defaults, swapping fire and jump made everything kick my rear end pretty hard.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I find that I prefer the rate of fire and shot velocity of Power Beam more. It's very satisfying to hammer the shoot button! In the Trilogy version I greatly prefer Wave Beam over everything else because its homing capabilities are amplified by the motion controls. You can fire around walls if you have a lock on!

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I finally decided to play Metroid Prime due to this LP again after ending my first run by getting killed by the Parasite Queen 12 years ago or so. The controls are weird IMO and I'm still getting used to them, and it doesn't help that Dolphin chokes on some things in the game (tho I'd say it's pretty well playable). It's really fun to notice a thing and be like "oooooh I'm gonna come back to this".

Of course, video games would be nothing without bugs. I laid a bomb in Magmoor cavern in a weird spot before a triclops grabbed me and this is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGJtA2N8qx8

Feel free to substitute whatever music you think is better!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's fantastic. I love this game. :allears:

Spanish Flea would also be an acceptable music substitution.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

I'm pretty sure the log you're looking for is in the room you just left (at the end of that video). It's on the bottom floor in one of the side alcoves. (I think you only checked one of them on your original pass through the area.)

I think that's where it is anyway. I could be as confused as you.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's around the area where you first fight something I won't even mention in spoiler tags, but you probably already know what it is now.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Where's the space pirate's medal?

For shame, Joey.

:colbert:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We fight a big rock monster and get a cool powerup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nidoking posted:

I'm pretty sure it's around the area where you first fight something I won't even mention in spoiler tags, but you probably already know what it is now.

The space pirate Armstrong right?

• Locked thread