Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Spurt your fluids on me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Everyone thinks the lovely music they listened to when they were 14-20 is the best.

Nope. I had a musical epiphany in my mid 20s and learned the joy of swingin' jazz and beautiful classical music during a peyote and hashhish fueled weekend fun-fest.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
While there are some specific artists in specific genres that won't be replicated, music overall is better now.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I got one a few days after my twins were born. Anyone who says it hurts getting one is a big pussy.

I got one when my 17 year old daughter was 6 months old. Best drat thing I did. When the the Doc was in there with his little cauterizing tool, I told him to take a little extra out in case there were jumpers.
Did it on a Friday, milked it watching football all weekend. Worst part was the first time I had to give a sample to check if it worked, handing the cup over to the 18 year old chick at the front desk. Here ya go, don't spill it.

Also, currently listening to an oldies station while working on my car because it is an 80's weekend. :corsair:
Can't remember last week, but I can sing along to that poo poo all day.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 2, 2016

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Maoist Pussy posted:

While there are some specific artists in specific genres that won't be replicated, music overall is better now.

I dunno about that. It might be that there's more music being made/recorded nowadays so therefore more gems to be found in the more tons of musical gravel.
I figure the real test of music is a couple decades. If it holds up still, it's the good poo poo.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm closer to 40 than 30 at this point, holy poo poo. I remember being asked "what will you be doing in the year 2000" when I was a kid in school, and I couldn't even comprehend something that far off. Here I am now, at least halfway to death, and 2000 was a loving lifetime ago.

The passage of time is a weird thing.

Also the video games are way better now, so at least I got that.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i turn 30 in two days and have some questions

-how soon will my dick stop working?
-how does social security collection work?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

smoobles posted:

-how soon will my dick stop working?

It'll keep working for a long time, you just won't have the opportunity to use it as much. In a woman, that is.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

dee eight posted:

I figure the real test of music is a couple decades. If it holds up still, it's the good poo poo.

I kinda gave up on that idea. Music is, ultimately, an experience. Judging it by how long it lasts might be as pointless as judging food by the same standard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I only listen to tibetan throat reggae anyway

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I got one a few days after my twins were born. Anyone who says it hurts getting one is a big pussy.

I asked to watch the procedure, definitely a good choice because surgery is cool and good. The doc hosed it up and severed some poo poo he shan't have, which got me 4 weeks paid vacay :getin:

Frozen peas are my favorite frozen veggie now.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm 38 and several years ago suddenly became able to enjoy my dad's music. Neil Diamond awwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Fully grey at 35, let my sister in law color my hair and I look ridiculous.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
36 and I'm still hung over from getting drunk on Wednesday.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Kaedric posted:

Here's the actual theme song for this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhRcOEqlCU

Time to go be depressed

Fixed that for you.

Also I'm 30 but my husband is 27, which apparently means I'm digging him the earliest grave imaginable.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

doctorfrog posted:

I'm 38 and several years ago suddenly became able to enjoy my dad's music. Neil Diamond awwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh

:hfive: 12 Songs is a great album.

Steely Dan and ELO rule too.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PathAsc posted:

I asked to watch the procedure, definitely a good choice because surgery is cool and good. The doc hosed it up and severed some poo poo he shan't have, which got me 4 weeks paid vacay :getin:

Frozen peas are my favorite frozen veggie now.

My doctor invited my wife in to watch which she did because she's in the medical field and likes that sort of thing. They sat and talked the whole time he was doing the procedure and explaining all the steps as he went.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes
i'm 28 soon and I don't want kids. should I get a vasectomy yes/no?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't turn 31 till Saturday, am I allowed to post here yet? I'm not over 30. Just 30. Not in my thirties just thirty.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exp0n posted:

Just get married and don't ever have sex, that's what I do.

The General posted:

I don't turn 31 till Saturday, am I allowed to post here yet? I'm not over 30. Just 30. Not in my thirties just thirty.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758432

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't even really remember 30-40 it went so fast. Summer vacations in grade school felt longer.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Somehow I got it into my head like 6 months ago that I was 33, I did the math today and it turns out I'm only 31. Not sure how that happened.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Everyone thinks the lovely music they listened to when they were 14-20 is the best.

Iron Maiden is still cool as poo poo gently caress you.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
still have all my hair, not graying, and my baby face is finally paying off. good luck to everybody else.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Another thing that makes me feel really old are former students that are graying, balding, wrinkly and toothless, etc. And having their offspring as students.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm old but my stress free lifestyle has kept me fresh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I want to fake post in this thread, but, I'm not sure what would be believable.

I still want to fill this lady to bursting....

Not sure where I lay on this threads spectrum.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

I want to fake post in this thread, but, I'm not sure what would be believable.

I still want to fill this lady to bursting....

Not sure where I lay on this threads spectrum.

A nerd who wants to gently caress Kari Byron? You fit in.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

A nerd who wants to gently caress Kari Byron? You fit in.

I also eat Sardines....

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
What's up with your friends who are 38 but look like they should be playing shuffleboard in Florida? Like, have my boring friends been secretly smoking crack for the last 20 years?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

exp0n posted:

Yes, get the vas yo.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dee eight posted:

I think it's a bit of both, with an added dollop of lowest common denominator. For example, cop shows have always been a major thing on TV with the examples of Dragnet, Hawaii 5-0, Highway Patrol, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, ad infinitum. The current glut is probably due to a lack of effort on the part of writers/producers/directors. "COP SHOWS MAKE MONEY LET'S MAKE MORE COP SHOWS AND MAKE MOER MONEY! The 50s and 60s saw the same thing with horse operas. Not that stuff like Gunsmoke and Wanted:Dead or Alive and Wagon Train weren't decent TV, but it was a zeitgeist thing.

I just wish that (good) sci-fi could get a foothold in the same way.

The Expanse looks like it could be the next BSG. Haven't checked it out yet though.

Zeroisanumber posted:

When I was 23 a hairstylist friend of mine told me to get on rogaine if I didn't want to be bald. I blew it off because I didn't think that I was that vain.

I am that vain. I was an idiot to think that I wasn't.

Word up minoxo krew.

I went through the same transformation, thinking 'eh I'll never lose hair. and if I do I'll just shave it no biggie'. 2 cm later I've become a total woman about my looks. I'd rather not have my dad's 40-year-old hairline at 30. If I can keep it where it is now I've got a solid 10-20 more years of getting ferociously laid, because everything else on me owns.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

The General posted:

You're fine because the day after your 30th you were 30 and 1/365 which is over 30 so welcome friend.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Zeroisanumber posted:

Right on.

Also, getting the snip rules. No more worrying about getting any of your many younger conquests pregnant. Does wonders for your libido. :wink:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

Music is thousands of years old, comparing two points between 20 years and saying any sort of conclusion with even the tiniest bit of earnestness is hilariously myopic. Come on.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

neato burrito posted:

I'm closer to 40 than 30 at this point, holy poo poo. I remember being asked "what will you be doing in the year 2000" when I was a kid in school, and I couldn't even comprehend something that far off. Here I am now, at least halfway to death, and 2000 was a loving lifetime ago.

The passage of time is a weird thing.

Also the video games are way better now, so at least I got that.

I agree with this 100%, well, minus the game part. SNES for life. Also I'm almost 40.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
32 and gonna be 33 next month. Only major changes are hangovers are worse, sex is better (like a LOT), bitterness and panic about life choices swings violently between not giving a single gently caress to full blown neurosis, love of finding new literature, art, movies, music etc. slows down a bit as you're busier getting stuff done, more patient in general, sleep becomes even more of a thing you look forward to and I like who I am now a lot more than I did during my 20's. Even though I have 7 and a bit years left of my 30's , I get the feeling this is the best decade of one's life and I like it.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Zeroisanumber posted:

They weren't lovely back then either, though. Owned 20-30 years ago, own today. Can't say the same for all the other old bands (only some of them).

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

I'm halfway through 30. The good is that I care less about most things, my wife and I are buying a house, my best friends are still my best friends and the lovely ones have gone away. I also have a good career that pays well and is fairly low stress. The bad is seeing how some people will never get their poo poo together, and seeing family and friends get older and/or die (worst). I drink frequently no longer because it makes me happy, but as a distraction from obsessing over how pointless life is and how soon death is approaching.

Fortunately I can always turn to SA when feeling blue :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

doctorfrog posted:

This is great. I remember from the ages of 12 to approximately 22 I had to listen to mom and dadrock in secrecy, always keeping my headphones on low or listening to it in the car with the windows up and only by myself. There's a social stigma about musical tastes for some reason that follows that time span in your life. Then you hit your mid-20s and think, "Who the gently caress cares what I listen to?"

Now I cruise the streets with my windows down playing Bread or Carpenters or Ronnie Milsap full blast when I feel like it and not giving a single motherfuuuuuuuccck.

Jim Croce has, and always will own, though.

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread