Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

haljordan posted:

I reported this thread to be gassed but I guess the mods have a soft spot in their hearts for the insufferable human being known as Three Olives.

the only thing worse than starting a retarded thread about crockpots is snitching to the mods about one you loving baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Whiskey Sours posted:

So it's a pressure cooker that takes 12 hours instead of 30 minutes.

But with much less chance of explosion, yeah.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

the great deceiver posted:

the only thing worse than starting a retarded thread about crockpots is snitching to the mods about one you loving baby

Sorry you're such a shithead that you didn't see this thread posted by Lowtax.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 4, 2016

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
It's for people that don't know how to put an enameled cast iron pot in the oven.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Melchior posted:

I just picture three olives standing in his living room staring at a crockpot on his floor, confused as to what it does. maybe he hits it with a femur and then jumps back startled before prodding it some more. by nightfall he is in the fetal position on the opposite side of the room.

I joined the cult but you have to put stuff in it.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

pr0k posted:

It's for people that don't know how to put an enameled cast iron pot in the oven.

Ovens use more energy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

Lol you're bitch made

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Crock pots are awesome. I throw a bunch of stuff in and by the time I come home from work, there is a hot delicious meal that isn't delivered by that nervous skinny thai guy who bows at me when he leaves with the little order paper and I'm like do I bow back because honestly that seems like really awkward so I just smile and wave usually

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

pr0k posted:

Enameled cast iron costs more than a crock pot, maybe enameled cast iron pots are for idiots who don't know about crock pots

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

I joined the cult but you have to put stuff in it.

When will you join a cult that requires suicide

Also what's it like to be "rich" but still have a compelling need to post on an internet forum about how great your life is? Do you have any friends at all? Or do most people instantly dislike you due to what a loving piece of poo poo you are?

You are the reason why people hate gays in this country hth.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 4, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

haljordan posted:

Also what's it like to be "rich" but still have a compelling need to post on an internet forum about how great your life is? Do you have any friends at all? Or do most people instantly dislike you due to what a loving piece of poo poo you are?

He may be playing a role, or Schtick. Idk man

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

He may be playing a role, or Schtick. Idk man

Nah the saddest thing is his posting persona is exactly how he is irl.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

haljordan posted:

Nah the saddest thing is his posting persona is exactly how he is irl.

Whoa, you hang with the O? Teach him to use that pot.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

haljordan posted:

Sorry you're such a shithead that you didn't see this thread posted by Lowtax.

lol okay rat

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

Whoa, you hang with the O? Teach him to use that pot.

The only thing I'd teach him is how to use a shotgun to blow his head off

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

haljordan posted:

Chill dude, there are lots of reasons to hate gays like liking Justin Bieber that don't involve Crock-Pots at all.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Gatekeeper posted:

literally bread that is hot i think

sounds good to me

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I like chili q a lot

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Chill dude, there are lots of reasons to hate gays like liking Justin Bieber that don't involve Crock-Pots at all.

So that's a "no" then. Got it human being.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glad the OP is breaking down gay sterotypes by not actually being a valuable member of society

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

haljordan posted:

Also what's it like to be "rich" but still have a compelling need to post on an internet forum about how great your life is?

If you think posting a photo of a $19.99 Crock-Pot is a compelling need to post about how great my life is, dude. I didn't even spring for the stainless steel versions much less the digital controls.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

they are for people forced to cook their own food, olives. you wouldn't know.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

you can warm up the wax for waxing your chest and balls in one too, if you're not going to use it for food

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

If you think posting a photo of a $19.99 Crock-Pot is a compelling need to post about how great my life is, dude. I didn't even spring for the stainless steel versions much less the digital controls.

No I think that because every other post you make references your condo in some way shape or form. You can make all the (lovely) jokes you want but anyone who has been on these forums more than five minutes knows it's true.

For fucks sake, you couldn't even just say "I own a crock pot too", you had to post a pic of one surrounded by a bunch of other poo poo you own.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My crock pot was a godsend in grad school when I was working 10-12 hours a day six or seven days a week, too tired or depressed to cook most nights, and too poor to really get fancy with what I cooked. Now all three of those things no longer apply and I use it a lot less but I still love it and am looking for an excuse to use it. The other day I found a slow cooker recipe for meatballs that is basically BBQ sauce + salsa + frozen meatballs, I am more excited to try it than I should be.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP WITH CROCK POTS, THEY SURE ARE STUPID HUH? OH OF COURSE I OWN ONE, LET ME SHOW IT TO YOU!!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

haljordan posted:

For fucks sake, you couldn't even just say "I own a crock pot too", you had to post a pic of one surrounded by a bunch of other poo poo you own.

That is my kitchen, I put Crock-Pot in my kitchen. You need help if you are legit this angry about a $20 Crock-Pot in a normal kitchen.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Three Olives posted:

I swear to god the over 30-something crowd is obsessing over them these days, it's a god drat cult.

What the hell is up with this relic from the 70's?

Some people haven't discovered the wonders of a cast iron dutch oven.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

That is my kitchen, I put Crock-Pot in my kitchen. You need help if you are legit this angry about a $20 Crock-Pot in a normal kitchen.

If you own a crock pot why would you waste time posting a garbage thread asking "Why do people own crock pots?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Or are you trying to get some internet cred by being all "I owned a crock pot before it was cool!!!" like the tremendous human being you are

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Roy posted:

its cool just put anything in there and it becomes a meal

meat, fish, cum, veggies, anything
Yeah like one dragon-fruit plus three twigs in the crock pot will get you dragonpie in less than no time. So filling and good for you. And you can get twigs anywhere!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

haljordan posted:

Or are you trying to get some internet cred by being all "I owned a crock pot before it was cool!!!" like the tremendous human being you are

Get help, I hope one day you are not this angry over a $20 appliance from Target.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"What the hell is up with this relic from the 70s" that I also own

Also I like how you think saying "get help" qualifies as an argument

haljordan fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 4, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it warm in here? Maybe I should turn down the pot.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Buy me this AV

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
At least one person in this thread is way too upset regarding crock pots, but I don't want to be too specific and call them out

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Aralan posted:

At least one person in this thread is way too upset regarding crock pots, but I don't want to be too specific and call them out

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aralan posted:

Don't get me started on microwaves agai, so help me god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've got your dutch oven right here

• Locked thread