Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I just sent him a message via the new Tumblr messaging service, I'll let the thread know of any response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I just sent him a message via the new Tumblr messaging service, I'll let the thread know of any response.

I just reblogged a bunch of his stuff with dicks drawn on them, this is a better plan tbh

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Deader's is alive, and the camera will be up and moving again soon, with WTF will take it and it can go from there I think.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Any takers for the AE-1? Deaders is keen to ship it out of oblivion (ie Perth).

http://m.imgur.com/M8Ya120,wUaHAZ5,bIeqrzM

Spedman fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 14, 2015

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I vote it goes to WTF.

Also, dicks-on-pics is fully in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

\/\/\/ The "Plan", such as it is, is to keep that AE-1 going round and round and round forever, or until it's no longer fun.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 14, 2015

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I'd love to get on the list for this if you're planning on doing a US leg in the future.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I'll put my hand up before it leaves Australia. If it ever leaves Australia.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I would also like to participate in this, if the camera comes stateside anytime soon. This sounds like a fun, cool project and I would love to be a part of it.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I get back to Land early Jan. Deaders was going to send it to me a while ago but obviously being dead interrupted that plan. If deaders can send it to me before january i will get it and hang onto it until mid april and shunt it on to whoever wants it next. I live in Tassie.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I feel a tingle... like a 63 year old man... "Oh... god.. it's ... it's moving ... again!"

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
This sounds like a really cool project. I'll give it a go in Brisbane?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
elgarbo aren't u in Melb? I can send it up to u when I've finished with it around April and I guess you could send it up to saucy bratwurst or w/e after you're done with it?

Alternatively I'll be home in 3 weeks to collect it as I said so unless u wanna play with it first until I get back... I'm easy.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I'm in Sydney but a trip up the Hume Hwy won't do the camera much harm.

I'm in no rush, after April probably suits me well anyway.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Don't feel in a rush to get it to me either, I got uni until Junish and then I'm 21 on June 29 and then semester 2 after that.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Don't feel the need to take 6 months to send it along, either.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That whole series is fantastic, ya long streak of pelican poo poo.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Spedman posted:

That whole series is fantastic, ya long streak of pelican poo poo.

I know, it's pretty great you poo poo pack o' sausage.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

this is the best thing you have given us since the bloomin' onion

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I should clarify, I meant that june is the best month, before then i have exams, after then I have my 21st and then the start of semester 2. Semester 2 will be ok, Im not going to keep for long enough that coursework gets in the way.

If I read it right, the camera wont move until April, and then however long before it gets to me. Im ok with not getting it until the end of may, which is 2 months.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I mean, deaders has had the camera for over a year already, so I guess 2-3 users in 6 months would be a massive improvement.

e. seriously is Australia so boring that it takes more than a week or two to shoot a roll of film? :colbert:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Pretty much.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

I mean, deaders has had the camera for over a year already, so I guess 2-3 users in 6 months would be a massive improvement.

e. seriously is Australia so boring that it takes more than a week or two to shoot a roll of film? :colbert:

Perth and Adelaide are, the rest isn't.

You've gotta get out Aus so you can come back see how good it actually is.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
deaders has finally sent the camera.
We have progress.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

what the gently caress posted:

:kingsley: :siren: deaders has finally sent the camera. :siren: :kingsley:
We have progress.

Emphasis added

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

Emphasis added

I hope you've learned your lesson about trusting foreigners. Remember Seattle? That's just good old fashioned American work ethic right there. Now compare to these penal island bogans.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Seattle was the birth of a superhero. New York was a lump of irony regarding a "New York Minute". Finland, Finland, Finland also happened.

It's a ~GoOn PrOjEcT~, this kind of thing is thoroughly expected. Penal colonies or not.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Only catch is it's now in the Australia Post Vortex so its effectively lost forever

And u thoughT deaders had it for a long time LOL

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

loving hell

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
deaders used Australia post?

cunts hosed, cameras lost forever.

E: This is the company that got me a Christmas card here by Christmas, the next year.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 19, 2015

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Last year I sent my Auspol secret santa via Canada post.

It got as far as Australia, obviously got lost in a box somewhere, came back completely crushed with a bunch of Australia post stickers on it, listed "undeliverable" (I had the right address) in June of the next year.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I bought a package from New York. It took 2 days to get to Sydney via LA And Tokyo. It then took 3 weeks to get from Sydney to Tasmania.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

They're incredibly hit and miss, I'll for for months with everything being sent on time, then I'll get them attempting to deliver a photobook I ordered from Brooklyn once, not leave a card, then immediately send it all the way back, or something just as dumb. I know a few posties, they're an odd bunch.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, my husband had to order a new driver's license from Canada once and it got from Sydney to Canada in literally two business days. Like we've mailed stuff within Australia that's taken multiple weeks before...

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Australia post has cancer

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 20, 2015

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

delivery the camera, australia

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
camera has arrived at my house. Get home thurs I'll grab it and a few rolls of portra and take it back down south next week :3

Whoever's next in line should get it late April. Who's next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I will take it in April.

• Locked thread