Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Myriad Colours certainly had lots of life. Or hometown, whichever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched the first few episodes of the neptunia anime and it was pretty entertaining at least so i'm okay with the decision they made

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Neptunia is popular enough to have a billion sequels and got all of them to the west thanks to queers, head punchers, spergs and virgs and useless wastes of space but yeah it's definitely not as popular as the goddamn 30 years manga that had various videogame and ova adaptations before the Davipro anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

queers, head punchers, spergs and virgs and useless wastes of space
in it, voted 5

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What does 'head punchers' mean? Assuming it's not literal

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Neptunia thing was started as a rumor by people who didn't know why Jojo wasn't getting the One Piece/Naruto/Bleach treatment of one single long-running show without interruptions, and was consequently spread by people who have no idea how the industry works.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

What does 'head punchers' mean? Assuming it's not literal

It means the kind of person who punches his own head when angry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, nut jobs, okay

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have the day off today so I'm gonna go see a movie.

I've unlocked the Myriad Colors thread. If you guys can turn it into something more substantive while I'm gone, I'll leave it open. Not asking for much, just more than "Eh, it was a thing," "Maybe it's bad, I dunno."

I believe in you guys. Save the thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, Plutonis, you have my permission to yell at that one guy but only for one post.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

anyway, the reason they did something between part 1/2 and part 3 was probably to A) give them a bit of a buffer to prepare for a 52 episode series and B) prevent franchise fatigue.

as for why it was neptunia, iunno. maybe someone there likes neptunia, maybe IF ponied up, maybe it just happened to go that way. either way, it wasn't some sort of corporate sellout thing.

It might have also been something decided before JoJo even started, since in the years following all they've done is adapt JoJo's and announce more Jojo adaptations

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jojo is extremely compartmentalized so cutting it up and spreading it out actually makes a lot of sense.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Watched the first episode of Phantom World, and TL;DR version is that it's bad and probably not worth your time, but I did find it mildly interesting as a piece of art because of the massive gap in talent between the source material writer and the anime staff. It feels very much like a nerdy, enthusiastic teenager's first story, cobbled together from the media they've consumed, their own personal hobbies, and a few too many hours on TV Tropes without much understanding of writing craft or of how actual humans work... but it's being adapted by KyoAni, who are putting that Deviant-Art-tier dreck to screen with as much passion and creativity as they can muster. I kind of feel glad for the author, because it feels like the anime is exactly how he envisaged the story when he wrote it down, with jaunty, limbo-dancing telephone poles and supernatural beings that pixellate into existence delivered into the screen with the panache and enthusiasm of a top-tier studio.

It's super dull and derivative, even if the limbo thing did make me chuckle before they felt the need to spell out the joke in exhaustive detail, and I don't want to watch another episode, but it's neat that the author gets to live his dream.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So you will continue watching it? Please inform us, if it gets better. I'm dropping it for now. 12 minutes was enough.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

So you will continue watching it? Please inform us, if it gets better. I'm dropping it for now. 12 minutes was enough.

Like I said, one episode was enough, and I won't be looking for more, but watching that one episode was a somewhat interesting experience that I don't (completely) regret.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill be watching it because it was well-animated and the blonde's boobs will probably bounce again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

ill be watching it because it was well-animated and the blonde's boobs will probably bounce again.

But what if they never do?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Have they even got to the bit that Amazon reviewer was so angry about, where the girl turns out to have pubes in the original novel? Surely you can't drop it yet.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

darkgray posted:

Have they even got to the bit that Amazon reviewer was so angry about, where the girl turns out to have pubes in the original novel? Surely you can't drop it yet.

i hope that guy writes a review of the show. i honestly cant find anyone online who has read the original novel. i need to know about the pubes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darkgray posted:

they can keep amuro ray safe

chumbler posted:

But what if they never do?
ill wait for the blu-ray

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i hope that guy writes a review of the show. i honestly cant find anyone online who has read the original novel. i need to know about the pubes

The prodigal son returned.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Endorph posted:

I remember when people got permabanned for posts like this.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dark times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

dark times

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Motto posted:

dark times

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

dark times

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Motto posted:

dark times

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

Same and also the black haired girl is cute.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Motto posted:

dark times

Perhaps. We can talk about sexy stuff now and that's fine, but have a little discretion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greets all. extremely twisted psycho anim watcher here. i like fanservice sometimes. :twisted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why did that double post

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Motto posted:

dark times

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

greets all. extremely twisted psycho anim watcher here. i like fanservice sometimes. :twisted:

Endorph posted:

so nice you said it twice

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

why did that double post

another, different legacy of the mid-2000s forums

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

gross, keep it to yourself, i only like big bouncy boobs discretely

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Endorph posted:

why did that double post

The forums recognizes your love of fanservice and promotes it in its own way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Perhaps. We can talk about sexy stuff now and that's fine, but have a little discretion.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like fanservice when it suits my taste but that show doesn't so I won't be watching it. Hope it delivers on the titties for those watching.

• Locked thread