Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Blue Raider posted:

also, vols bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Windows 98 posted:

Every day I mutter to myself "this the stupidest poo poo I ever seen", and the next day I am proven wrong.

Stop setting your post history as your homepage

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Furious Mittens posted:

I believe that they were also pissed because the Stanford band played the Farmers Only theme, as well as the cow.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/stanford-cardinal-cow-iowa-hawkeyes-rose-bowl-010416

A worthy troll, IMO.

even the loving fox sports poll is overwhelmingly in favor of this being barely worth paying attention o

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

udderly shameless troll. These guys goons? They sure act like it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Stanford is the best football team in all of college and im glad they pissed off some rednecks, Iowa fans were probably REALLY just ad about how badly they got their asses kicked by the one true football team

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

Stanford is the best football team in all of college and im glad they pissed off some rednecks, Iowa fans were probably REALLY just ad about how badly they got their asses kicked by the one true football team

That was probably a lot of it, yeah.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Booblord Zagats posted:

In Georgia's defense I could see my homestate only being mad about that because we thought Paula Dean was gonna do a guest appearance and then feeling ripped off by a celebrity look-alike

In 2011, she was the Rose Parade Grand Marshal. I'm sure the folks from Wisconsin were happy to see her.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
As someone who went to both of these schools, I'm so sick of hearing about all of this.

Iowa should be happy they even made it to a bowl game ffs.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Hot Jam posted:

I like corn

That's Nebraska.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
So Iowa doesn't get corn or cows... what's left?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

should have used a goat because goats are cool as gently caress

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Jagister *shutters*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Pigs? There are a lot of pigs in Iowa and the smell travels for miles.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The troll wars are pretty funny such as MIT vs Cal Tech

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I swear something is wrong with Stanford people. I have never had a single instructor who graduated from that school who was any good at teaching, and I've had at least three. All of them refused to teach their respective subjects in a way that actually made sense or prepared anybody for tests except the two or three Magic Brain dorks every class seems to have, and most of them either couldn't answer a question about their material with a straight answer, or just enjoyed answering questions with another question.

That school seems to break people. Maybe it was built on a radioactive dumping site or something.

Their marching band is alright though.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I swear something is wrong with Stanford people. I have never had a single instructor who graduated from that school who was any good at teaching, and I've had at least three. All of them refused to teach their respective subjects in a way that actually made sense or prepared anybody for tests except the two or three Magic Brain dorks every class seems to have, and most of them either couldn't answer a question about their material with a straight answer, or just enjoyed answering questions with another question.

That school seems to break people. Maybe it was built on a radioactive dumping site or something.

Their marching band is alright though.

They were trying to teach you to think for yourself, and you clearly failed.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
shocker, football fans are morons, college football fans even moreso

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Football in general upsets me. If I wanted to see men in tights play with balls I'd go see a drag queen show.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Neutrino posted:

Football in general upsets me. If I wanted to see men in tights play with balls I'd go see a drag queen show.

Waka Waka

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The Goatfather posted:

should have used a goat because goats are cool as gently caress

This is exactly why they did NOT use a goat!!!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Band funny so what.

If Iowa was up 30 points at half time this wouldn't even be a story.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jastiger posted:

Band funny so what.

If Iowa was up 30 points at half time this wouldn't even be a story.

your av :eyepop:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah. I'm mad. It doesn't mention Zoe Quinn and it still has thr stupid flag background.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

etalian posted:

Iowa has 3 million people and 4 million cows

theres a good deal of crossover

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rude imo. Still love ya though, all welcome here, even poolady

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jastiger posted:

Yeah. I'm mad. It doesn't mention Zoe Quinn and it still has thr stupid flag background.

well at least I gave the good general a union uniform

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

well at least I gave the good general a union uniform

You did this? Lol nice.

I dunno why there is the racial epithet in there, I think the message could have been made without that. Need to spend more money to fix it though lol.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jastiger posted:

You did this? Lol nice.

I dunno why there is the racial epithet in there, I think the message could have been made without that. Need to spend more money to fix it though lol.

I made the av but did not buy it

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I made the av but did not buy it

Ah. Well good job I guess.

I'm just mad cuz I didn't get to meet Lena Dunham this Saturday because I was out of town.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Boy, that just has me hopping mad, I'll tell you what.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Moridin920 posted:

band geeks are super serious about band poo poo dude

in my high school the only people that wore their letter jackets constantly were the band kids

I feel like band should get you a patch but you need to do something else to get the actual letter because wtf is that

who cares?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ posted:

who cares?

Iowans.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OctoberBlues posted:

Boy, that just has me hopping mad, I'll tell you what.

I doubt think it's possible to get people from the Midwest hopping mad.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

I doubt think it's possible to get people from the Midwest hopping mad.

Sure it is, in fact it's quite simple. Just utter the word "Obama".

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

The Iowa Senate is getting involved.

quote:

The actual language of the bill would bar "future collaboration and cooperation," but that apparently would not include a ban on intercollegiate athletic contests between Stanford and any of the three schools. And with those things ruled out, that would mean this bill would bar actually important things like academic research.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jastiger gloats about being from this same city.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

From what I hear, everyone in Iowa is super embarrassed by this fuckjob. He should be impeached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iowa will cancel research sharing programs, for example Stanford will no longer have access to Iowa's state of the art cow tipping research studies.

• Locked thread