Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

The point of all that was they were doing some very basic misdirection that fooled the rookie and no one else. I'm not really clear on why she thought she could take charge when she has no real authority over the rest of the unit, though.

because she got sent there from the outside by higher ups and thats what people like that do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The point of all that was they were doing some very basic misdirection that fooled the rookie and no one else. I'm not really clear on why she thought she could take charge when she has no real authority over the rest of the unit, though.

i don't know anything about Japanese geography and probably got a bit hung up on not understanding what all the running around meant, then you throw in plane escapes and faked twitter feeds and it was a bit much right off the bat. though, i'm sold on the setting, tone, and characters already so it doesn't really matter.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

She's dumb and insufferably self-righteous, is why.

Hopefully she becomes less unbearable, the rest of the unit seem cool, except for the pretty boring dynamic between red suit and blue suit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's like a Kamen Rider series, but in reverse, where the side crew is more interesting than the suit heroes. Oscars I and II have the most generic "Ship us together" dynamic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AnimeLab's updated their simulcast offerings. The ones that have already aired don't seem to be up on the site yet aside from Assassination Classroom: Second Season. Which seems pretty dry for a subtitle compared to most shows. I would've thought they'd go with "Second Term" at least.

• Assassination Classroom: Second Season
  • Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2
  • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
  • Erased
  • Divine Gate
  • Luck & Logic
  • Norn9
  • Girls Beyond the Wasteland
  • Undefeated Bahamat Chronicle
  • DagashiKashi
  • BBK/BRNK
  • Haruchika – Haruta & Chika
  • Pandora in the Crimson Shell
  • Prince of Stride Alternative
  • KONOSUBA – God’s blessing on this wonderful world!!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does AnimeLab do their own subs for shows?

Can they beat Funi?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone know when Grimgar starts airing? The OP says Monday but I don't know if that's accurate.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does anyone know when Grimgar starts airing? The OP says Monday but I don't know if that's accurate.

According to MAL, Jan 11, Mondays at 00:30 (JST).

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Norn9 was my first dump of the season. It's trying to be more than male eye candy, but it was just so bleh and dull. Some sort of weird story about a magical flying orb and superpowers, and a girl who is such a JRPG trope that she even has amnesia.

I know Escaflowne, and you sir, are no Escaflowne.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I like how all the animators are dead.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the "After an all nigher" subtitle.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 8, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Just watched Erased and I laughed that his mom's voice was Detective Conan's and then the events at the end of the episode happened.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Funimation is introducing a new streaming service in February that will be available in the UK as well as the US. It's not much, but it's at least available outside the US, for anyone who's lamented not being able to watch a show licensed by them.
they'll also have new mobile apps, which can't possibly be any worse than the ones we've got currently. holy poo poo they suck

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Town Where Only I Am Missing is a way better title than just ERASED.

Why'd they change it?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

To appeal to gaijin, presumably

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

To appeal to gaijin, presumably
Baka gaijin.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I don't see why people are so surprised they changed the name. It's a bit of a mouthful and easier to market with something that's short and easy to remember.

I don't personally agree with the change, but I can easily see why they did it.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Black Stones posted:

I don't see why people are so surprised they changed the name. It's a bit of a mouthful and easier to market with something that's short and easy to remember.

I don't personally agree with the change, but I can easily see why they did it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can see how it's a bit labor-intensive to type out every time but it has a certain ebb and flow to it that works.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boku dake

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

boku dake

"boke" for short

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

"boke" for short

because boke is what describes people who want to shorten names needlessly

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well anyway, ERASED/Boku dake ga Inai Machi Anime to Portray Ending of Original Manga.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

pandaK posted:

boku dake

:yeah:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
How long is the manga? It's great that we'll get the actual conclusion but 12 episodes seems kind of short to adapt an entire manga series.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

According to MAL, Jan 11, Mondays at 00:30 (JST).

Cool, it hasn't changed then. Thanks. Fingers crossed it's good.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

if this is true then i take back the bad stuff i said and will probably watch it now

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

how good was the action in active raid

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Zettace posted:

How long is the manga? It's great that we'll get the actual conclusion but 12 episodes seems kind of short to adapt an entire manga series.

There are currently 7 volumes out, covering 40 chapters. Latest chapter published in the magazine at this point seems to be 42. If it's going to be ending in March, I guess there'll be a total of 8 volumes, which is fairly short. Still kind of rushed at 12 episodes, but then they did blast through the entire first volume in the opening episode.

They're probably also desperate to time it with the release of the live-action movie in March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXip3fm9kQ

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

OK. The way they sold it as a highly regulated law-enforcement procedure was kind of neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ninjewtsu posted:

Pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

cool i'll give it a watch then, thanks guys

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll has picked up Sekkou Boys!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Nice. I'll post the thread as soon as I get done watching the first episode~

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Can't wait for the Helck adaptation.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

active raid was pretty alright

Darth Walrus posted:

OK. The way they sold it as a highly regulated law-enforcement procedure was kind of neat.

that was, indeed, kind of neat

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm okay with shows like Ojisan, Wakako-zake and Seki-kun only being 5mins long, but at least give me 100 episodes of each.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ojisan to Marshmallow is adorable and I love it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Idol anime has gone too far

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

Ojisan to Marshmallow is adorable and I love it.

having skimmed the first volume, there's gonna be a lot of good eps. i hope they've got like 20ish episodes as opposed to 11-13 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The next season of Sailor Moon Crystal will have a new director and character designer.

• Locked thread