Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
GAMETHREAD

CHAPTER LINKS:
PROLOGUE | -I- | --II-- | --III-- | --IV-- --V--

AQUALANTIS. A seaborne city beyond compare. Economic hub for the entire Sea of Crescents. Some four months ago, J.R. Warwick Froedriksson’s dream of miraculous science set free was stricken by catastrophe, and sank beneath the waves.

Not too long afterwards, a battered submarine, crammed to the gills with filthy refugees, surfaced at the creaking docks of Crystal Bay. The few surviving crewmembers left aboard that vessel told the wildest tales imaginable -- twisted monstrosities prowling the flooded streets, titans of industry turned warlord and slave-taker, a city shattered by disease, crime, and disaster.

They came ashore barely long enough to take on air, fuel, and provisions -- ostensibly to bring ashore another such shipment, and to make rendezvous with an expeditionary force in the pay of one Lord Gobshire -- then vanished without a trace.

But Aqualantis lives on in the depths, a city skewed and scarred, but not broken - and its tale has grown in the telling. Every pirate and press-ganger for miles around is flocking to these formerly sheltered waters, hungry for a share of Warwick's fabulous wealth. Heavy industry all around the Sea of Crescents has nearly ground to a halt. Entire fishing fleets have been held for ransom, or taken for the slaver’s hold, or hauled up a catch flensed to shreds by some unnamable benthic beast. The local Alchemists' Guild has dispatched a full Incident Response team to investigate allegations of unregistered chimaera-breeding and malicious chicanery within the crash site.

The calls for another expedition are mounting. It seems as if every last guildhall, castle, and house of worship is opening their purse-strings wide, promising wealth and fortune for those daring enough to brave those lawless waters and find out once and for all...

WHO SANK AQUALANTIS?

This is the second part of a Dungeon World campaign previously DMed by Forums User Something Else and now by me because it’s just too darn good to let die out.

OUR MOTLEY CREW
Shardix as Serenity Greymist, the Firmament's Stepdaughter
Error 404 as Nori Maki, the Aqualantean Expatriate
ArkinBlack as Madi Keller, the Medical Golem
slydingdoor as Ramona de Sahagún, the Traveller Returning

FULL FATHOM FIVE THESE PLAYERS LIE
Teonis as Thrash, the Orc Warchef: Eaten by a kraken.
Vulpes Vulpes as Padre Clavo, the Lantern: Actually a pretty good hospitaller.
InfiniteOregano as Tutresiel, the Star Mage: :livintrope:
Error 404 as 01, the Golem: RIP AND TORE a hideously wounded Abyss Wurm unto the point of their mutual demise. :black101:
slydingdoor as Veacheslav Evenblade, the Arcane Duelist: Now nothing more than a fleshless, irradiated skeleton; clawing his way out of the abyss with a belly full of ravening hunger and a head full of shattering secrets.

AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN THESE MAY RISE
ArkInBlack as Stathis Argyle, Drider P.I.: Who did sink Aqualantis, anyway?

DRAMATIS LOCI

quote:

Ikaria Station
(Keep, Poor, Steady, Watch)
– Needs (food, spare parts)
– Personages (Dr. Gisela del Moreno, CDR Telsen)
– Enmity (Aqualantis)
– Blight (restless dead)
– Resource (chthaunium crystal)

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

Karthas Murgo, Emergency Strategic Coordinator for the city of Aqualantis: slave-taker, criminal, and all-around scoundrel.

Dame Eudoxia Lightbringer, mad ancestor of the Lightbringer family, once a Knight-Companion of the House of Gathering Day.
DEAD: Succumbed to her Madness in the throes of a desperate, fatal attempt to explain its cause to someone immune to its clutches.

IRC is #underwaterworld on SynIRC.
DEATH IS CERTAIN.

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Posting interest. I'll make my character a little later. I have to head to work, but I will be apping a Star Mage. I will do some reskinning to make it have to do with the ocean some, so it fits the flavor.

Star Mage is taken. Whomp whomp

Thrash, Orc Medic Battlechef

Orcs are a barbarous kind, brutes and bullies all the way. That's not to say that Orcs do not have a place in society; contrary to the popular belief, only most orcs are murderous savages, roaming the wastelands in war-parties, seeking the next settlement to raid. There are orcs who find that they are perfectly capable of being murderous savaged within the confines of civilized societies and cities. Being the case, these city orcs, make excellent mercenaries, laborers, foremen, hired-muscle, bodyguards, and chefs.

Beg pardon? you've never heard of an orc chef? Well what do you think those roving war-bands eat while they are flensing the skin off of a village's men while boiling the women and children in hot oil?

Fortunately, the only flensing and boiling that goes on involving a city orc -in most cases- takes place in the kitchen! Orc chefs are the pinnacle of the survivalist's culinary menu. They are capable of butchering any animal down to parts that no human, elf, halfling, or squid-headed fish-man would ever consider using in a dish. They can take the worst scraps and transform them into a meal that even the strongest iron-stomach would have a hard time choking down, and with pride, too! The man who can eat an entire six-course meal from an orc kitchen and survive immediately earns the respect of the chef, and is far less likely to end up in the next meal than those who threw up his food.

Of all the Orc chefs today, one is of particular interest. He is destined to find, cook, and consume every type of animal in the world and has entered every cooking competition across the globe to master the art of killing and eating things you'd never stand a chance at killing and stomaching eating. His name is Thrash, and his cuisine is one that has leveled entire feasting halls with with the aroma of his food alone. Having traveled the world, butchering everything with wings, scales, two- four- eight- and even no-legs, he now seeks to master the world of monsters in the impossible depths of the sea: a place no orc has ever cooked before.

quote:

Name: Thrash
Level: 3 (1/10 XP)
Look: Manic Eyes, Tribal Leather and Furs, Muscular Body, Green Skin

HP: 25
Armor: 2
Damage: d6

STR 18 (+3)
DEX 12 (+0)
CON 15 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 08 (-1)
CHA 13 (+1)

Drive:The Greatest Taste!
Do or create something new with your abilities

Background:Master Chef
You provided culinary masterpiece for hundreds of people. At the beginning of each session the GM will ask you something about your culinary practice, greatest successes, or tragic failures of your past. If you answer them, mark XP

Bonds:
Padre Clavo is a gentleman and a scholar. Looks like your lies work on at least one person.
Tutresiel has the most interesting and delectable aroma. Obviously something Thrash has not tasted before, he is interested in seeing if he can cook it or, at the very least, served cold.
Scrawny customers like 01 have likely never had a good meal in their lives. I pity such a person. Never seen it eat; strange, thin body; no mouth. Surely, it must be starving under all that armor!
Ramona de Sahagún could benefit from this new combination of flavors I always wanted to try. Warriors always have big appetites. Warriors also need food to support muscle growth, like a 3rd arm or tentacle legs.

Starting Moves
Not an Exact Science
At character creation, choose an attribute. This is is the attribute you use to perform Ork Cuisine. (It will from now on be referred to as OKC.)
STR

Ork Cuisine (OKC)
When you take time to inflict your personal brand of "culinary delight" on someone, roll+OKC.10+: Choose 3 from the following list.
- Heal 1d10 damage.
- +2 Forward for your diner's next damage roll.
- Your diner does not get a debility.
- Your diner does not feel incredible pain. (Wuss.)
7-9: Choose 1.

Butcher the Meat!
When you take time to butcher the corpse of a kind of creature you had not prepared before, you can Spout Lore about it as if you had rolled a 10+.

Maw-meow
You have an "test subject" which has been subjected to all your past culinary attempts, causing strange mutations from ingesting otherwise inedible foods. Choose three of the following:
alligator, dog, goat.
Choose a base:
•  Ferocity +2, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +2, Cunning +2, 0 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +1, Cunning +2, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +3, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +2
Choose as many strengths as its ferocity:
feels no pain, keen senses
Maw-meow is trained to fight humanoids. Choose as many additional tricks as its cunning:
hunt, fight monsters
Choose as many weaknesses as its instinct:
forgetful

Command
When you work with Maw-meow on something it's trained in...
•  ...and you attack the same target, add its ferocity to your damage
•  ...and you take damage, add its armor to your armor
•  ...and you discern realities, add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and you create a culinary dish add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and you parley, add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and someone interferes with you, add its design flaws to their roll

Advanced Moves
Work in Progress
When you have the necessary "ingredients" on hand and decide to feed Maw-Meow a new recipe, roll+OKM. On a 7-9 choose one of the following:
•  Replace one animal in Maw-Meow with another.
•  Replace one of Maw-Meow weaknesses with another from the list.
•  Choose another base for Maw-Meow. No trainings are lost or gained.
•  You are not completely covered in gunk.
10+: Choose three.

Cooking Perfection
When you have time and the proper ingredients (or creative substitutes), you can make new experimental foods. Roll+OKC.
10+: Three servings.
7-9: One normal serving or three servings with an unexpected side-effect.

Gear: Load: 9/11
Stable foodstuffs (5 uses, 1 weight)
bandages (0 weight)
Bag filled with cooking supplies and "cooking supplies" (3 weight)
Lead Apron (1 armor, 1 weight)
An over-sized, bronze serving dish (+1 armor, 1 weight)
Meat Cleaver (Hand, messy, 1 weight)
Experimental Food (3 uses, 1 weight)
Experimental Food (1 use, ~wacky~, 1 weight)

quote:

Experimental Food
When somebody (including you) eats, drinks, slurps, snorts, smokes or injects a serving of your experimental food they roll+CON. On a 10+ they choose three of the following.
•  You stop feeling pain. +1 Armor for the next hour.
•  You just want to smash something. +2 Damage Ongoing for the next hour.
• You see all of these interesting things. +1 to Discern Realities Ongoing for the next hour.
•  You do not gain a debility.
On a 7-9: Choose one

Maw-Meow, (because Orcs are bad at telling their food groups apart)

but with goat hooves on the hind-legs

Teonis fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 28, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Gonna do the elementalist I mentioned in irc.

If not that then thinking of Artificer.
E: or maybe an insane magi-AI in a magitech power armor suit that hates people (spoiler: it was me, I sank Aqualantis)
App incoming tonight or tomorrow.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Teonis posted:

Posting interest. I'll make my character a little later. I have to head to work, but I will be apping a Star Mage. I will do some reskinning to make it have to do with the ocean some, so it fits the flavor.

Not to sound too overbearing but it's probably best that you didn't make a Star Mage, while we were discussing this on IRC prior to the new recruit I said I'd be making one. Sorry! (The new DM probably should have mentioned this.)

Also the new GM should totally make an entry in the recruitment megathread too!

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Well, I could go with the character I made for the last time I app'd, a chef obsessed with cooking the strangest foods in the world. or in this case, under the sea.
I guess I kinda want to know what the current classes in play are, or in the case of Error and Oregano changing classes, what you will be playing.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Error 404 posted:

If not that then thinking of Artificer.
E: or maybe an insane magi-AI in a magitech power armor suit that hates people (spoiler: it was me, I sank Aqualantis)
App incoming tonight or tomorrow.
Ramona is turning into Iron Man first. She stole tech from Aqualantis and is a technosmith.

e; She's a Fighter.

quote:

Class
Fighter Pearl Diver
Bounty Killer 5
0/12 xp

Name
Ramona de Sahagún

Look
Hard Eyes, Cropped Hair, Tanned Skin, Built Body

Stats

Str: 18(+3)
Con: 16(+2)
Wis: 13(+1)
Dex: 13(+1)
Int: 9(0)
Cha: 8(-1)

Your maximum HP is 26, 10+Constitution.
Your base damage is d10.

Nationality
Freewoman
Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).

Hollow? Hollow. gently caress it.
When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll+Str.
✴ On a 10+, choose 3.
✴ On a 7-9 choose 2.
It doesn’t take a very long time
Nothing of value is damaged
It doesn’t make an inordinate amount of noise
You can fix the thing again without a lot of effort

Second Skin
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

Signature Weapon
This is your weapon. There are none others like it, this one is yours. Your weapon is your best friend. It is your life. You master it as you master your life. Your weapon, without you, is much less awesome. Without your weapon, you are slightly less awesome. You must wield your weapon true.
Choose a base description, all are 2 weight:
Power Fist, Energy Cannon, and the Grapple Beam
Choose the range that best fits your weapon:
Hand, Near
Choose two enhancements (+1 Blacksmithed):
Reinforced: +1 damage, +1 weight.
Huge and Severe: Add messy and forceful.
Versatile: add one range.
Choose a look:
Highly Polished

Alignment
Don't kill what I know from the beginning is an enemy until my life is in imminent danger.

Loadout
Your load is 10/15 12+Str. You carry:
cursed pearl
Your signature weapon (3 weight)
Nutrients (3/5 uses, 1 weight).
loving Powersuit (3 armor, clumsy, 4 weight)
Select intact bottles harvested from The Yellow Sign reskinned Keg of Stout?(? weight)
Best bottle(s) of Elven liquor unless all they had was fake or substandard crap (? weight)
Hunter's Bow VSS silenced sniper rifle (near, far, 1 weight)
Elven Arrows Subsonic rounds (3/4 ammo, 1 weight)

In the shop
EM sword wire
Shield Magnetic Vibroglove inside the Powerfist (+1 armor, 2 weight) BROKEN
Juan's gun piece thing

On the ship
0/2 Healing potions flasks of Pisco, one Mosto Verde and one Acholado, with creepy tentacles in (0 weight)
Spear, telescoping (reach, near, thrown, 1 weight) WITH JUAN

Bonds
I had to tell Serenity how much Maximilian loved her. If he can be believed, she's a fundamentally good person. I am terrified that she will leave me to die or that I'll die myself trying to keep that from happening.

Also, I want Tootsie's star piece thing that they hide in their infinity bag. Pretty sure it's hot fusion in some kind of stabilizer. Thinking about the charged up hotshot I could shoot with a power source like that... makes me smile. I could probably study it without destroying it.

Juan's a loose cannon that'll fire without identifying its target.

Now it's personal. Screw the invoice, I'm Serenity's bodyguard now, and the best things in life are free. No more harm will come to her.

Advanced Moves

Magitech Smith
When you have access to a forge you can graft the magical/technological powers of a weapon onto your signature weapon. This process destroys the other weapon. Your signature weapon gains the powers of the destroyed weapon.

Multiclass: Shoot First
You’re never caught by surprise. When an enemy would get the drop on you, you get to act first instead.

Interrogator
When you parley using threats of impending violence as leverage, you may use STR instead of CHA.

Heirloom
When you consult the spirits that reside within your signature weapon, they will give you an insight relating to the current situation, and might ask you some questions in return, roll+CHA.
✴ On a 10+, the GM will give you good detail.
✴ On a 7-9, the GM will give you an impression.

After what she saw in Aqualantis, Ramona stopped being coy about her profession. She was a killer. It was her job, her hobby, and whether she wanted it to be or not, her personal life as well. The last expedition wasn't a total loss though, of friends colleagues and blood, because she brought back tech, and now she had the time to take it apart, replicate it, and make it her own.

Each had a story: She roasted a man inside his own power suit by batting his own rocket back at him, learning to pass up such non-energy projectiles in her loadout. She took a taser that gave her hallucinations from a gangster in an abandoned apartment building that she tarzaned out of while it exploded and collapsed behind her. Ever the diver, she salvaged a cable reel made out of never-before-seen material, superconductive, unbreakable, able to be highly magnetized without quenching. She mathed the limitations out herself, writing tiny numbers in the notebook she needs glasses to read. Glasses no one alive has seen her wear. She won an honorable bareknuckle boxing match with the powerfist-wielding lieutenant of the capitalist-tyrant's private security force, and took her weapon for her own, as a trophy, and out of necessity. She came to find it hard to part with, although she used to eschew such cheap amplifiers of inherent human strength. Likewise, she was forced to pick up the energy rifle of a slain foe, for she by choice sacrificed her old signature weapon--her heavy air tank with reinforced hoses, WASP injection knife, and captive/free bolt pistol--by setting it to decompress and throwing it among her enemies, the hoses whirling so quickly they dismembered the lot of them before carrying the apparatus far away, never to be seen again.

She's going back with not just with a vengeance, but also out of avarice. The tech she's taken only scratches the surface, she'll stop at nothing to take the tech that lies deeper in Aqualantis. Teleporters, a way to create an eternal supply of food, and massive robotic servants, all of which could make her rich, and more importantly increase her killing power.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the deadliest of them all? Ramona won't rest until she is.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 3, 2016

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug

Teonis posted:

Well, I could go with the character I made for the last time I app'd, a chef obsessed with cooking the strangest foods in the world. or in this case, under the sea.
I guess I kinda want to know what the current classes in play are, or in the case of Error and Oregano changing classes, what you will be playing.

Do it! I forget that guy, though. They don't seem to be in the old recruitment thread.
As far as I can tell we've got fighter, elementalist or else maybe artificer (EOEMA for short), and starmage taken.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Alumnus Post posted:

Do it! I forget that guy, though. They don't seem to be in the old recruitment thread.
As far as I can tell we've got fighter, elementalist or else maybe artificer (EOEMA for short), and starmage taken.

Oh, I didn't app here. I was a different game. Aqualantis has been going much longer than I've been playing DW on SA.
My chef is essentially an orc medic reskinned, its crazy. So instead of doing surgery from monster parts, he cooked them into gross-rear end foods.
My other idea was a Tomb Warden, if you haven't seen the class, it is like a paladin, but with ghosts instead of a god. Get possessed, talk with the dead, Danny Phantom powers. I figured I could be a reanimated Aqualantian.

Teonis fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 13, 2016

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
Right right. We could use a new cook anyway. :getin:

Only if he's a reject from some other game, though. No character imports unless they're from the first recruitment thread - should've made that clear before.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
no, I never app'd here before. And I never really app'd in the thread he's from either. It was my character idea for the Vampire slaying game that just started, but I didn't make the deadline.
That game

Teonis fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 13, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Siebert "Zee" Aelfensmiter - Elementalist War Mage
DEATH IS CERTAIN
Theme Song

Hailing from the far east, Zee is as charming and likeable as he is deadly. Blessed from birth with the ability to manipulate elemental magics, Zee has used his gifts to great effect on the battlefield, earning him the title Aelfensmiter (Elf Killer) in the Elven/Human wars.

quote:

STR 09 (+0) INT 12 (+0)
DEX 09 (+0) WIS 16 (+2)
CON 16 (+2) CHA 13 (+1)

DMG d4 (d8 with magic)
ARMOR 0
HP 20

Alignment
Chaotic - Leap into danger without a plan.
Race:
Human - You are a professional. When you spout lore or discern realities about destructive magic, take +1.

GEAR
  • Dagger (hand, 1 weight)
  • Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
  • Bandages (3 uses)
  • Sturdy Traveling Clothes
Load: 2/8
Coin: 0

BONDS
TBD

quote:

STARTING MOVES
The Roots of Creation
You start with Mastery over one command, one element, and one additional mastery from either list. Each time you level up, choose either another command or another element to master.

Eye of the Storm
When you exert your will in a circle around yourself, roll +CON.
On a 10+, the world calms around you (the earth below your feet stops breaking apart, fires you touch go out, storms break around you, etc.)
On a 7-9, this calmness affects only what you touch, and only as long as you're touching it.

Master the Elements
When you command the elements, roll +WIS.
You may only issue commands you have mastered to elements you have mastered.
On a 10+, you may command what is generally considered a large amount of this element.
On a 7-9 the same but choose one:
  • The elements you command run wild and out of control.
  • You can only affect what is generally considered a small amount of this element.
  • You take an additional -1 ongoing to command the elements until you purify yourself.
When you maintain an unnatural effect, take -1 ongoing to command the elements until you release those still in your power.
When you use your command of the elements to harm someone directly, roll your damage die. Once the elements are released, however, they cause damage as appropriate to their nature.

To Speak with the World Itself
When you examine an element you have mastery over, roll +WIS.
On a 10+, you learn something interesting and useful.
On a 7-9, you learn something interesting, but it's on you to make it useful.
On a 6-, you have disturbed the elements with your meddling.
Whatever the result, the GM may also tell you something this element wants. If you give it what it wants, it will answer one question you ask of it, to the best of its abilities.

Touching the Firmament
When you spend a few hours in meditation amongst the raw elements or performing rituals before them, they will purify you. This counts as making camp, but you do not need to consume a ration.
When you spend days amongst the elements, it counts as recovering under the care of a healer.

LVL 2: Friend of the Sea CON+1
You can live, breathe, and move underwater with ease.

LVL 3: Nature's Fury STR+1
altering to be more like Druid's 2-5 move
When you use an element you have mastered to deal damage, your damage die is d8 instead of d4.

quote:

COMMANDS
[X] Banish
Banish drives the element away, defends against it, pushes it back, or removes it from your presence. It does not move the element in any specific manner otherwise.

[X] Create
Create allows you to produce a manifestation out of nothing. It manifests out of your person or in your immediate presence, not in the distance.

[X] Destroy
Destroy allows you to break, ruin, tax, or weaken the element. If used against another, deal your damage as normal.

[ ] Enhance
Enhance allows you to augment or strengthen the element's existing characteristics. This can be maintained to grant +1 to a roll or +1d4 to damage. This cannot be used to mend an item made from this element.

[ ] Move
Move allows you to move the element from one place to another.

[ ] Shape
Shape allows you to manipulate the element, sculpting it or warping it in place. This can mend broken objects made from the element or change the element's consistency, but cannot be used to move the element from place to place.

[ ] Summon
Summon allows you to summon an elemental spirit, which then acts according to its nature (decided by the GM).

[ ] Transmute
Transmute allows you to bind elements together, grant the properties of one element to a manifestation of another, or transform one element into another. You must have mastery over all the elements involved.

quote:

ELEMENTS
[ ] Air
[ ] Crystals
[X] Darkness
[X] Fire
[ ] Ice
[ ] Light
[ ] Magic
[ ] Metal
[ ] Plants
[ ] Stone
[ ] Storms
[ ] Water

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 14, 2016

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Serenity Greymist, the bardiest bard

The gods watch over fools and bards alike, and Serenity straddles both sides of the line. She is a consummate free spirit, leaving a trail of trouble, broken hearts and petty crime behind her. The call for daring folk to brave Aqualantis is too tempting to resist, and it's likely that nobody there remembers her. Aside from the daughter of that master of the Thieves Guild. And those sell-swords she ripped off. And the constabulary as a whole. But beyond that, nobody. In any case, surely she can get a pardon and enough money to retire on if she can get to bottom of the mysteries surrounding the place. Then she can be regarded as merely eccentric rather than a menace to polite society.

quote:

STR 08 (-1) INT 16 (+2)
DEX 13 (+1) WIS 09 (+0)
CON 14 (+1) CHA 18 (+3)

DMG d6
ARMOR 2
HP 20

Drive
The Daughter of the Firmament - Help someone else discover something unexpected about themselves; bring to light a hidden secret.
Race
Elf - When you enter an important location (your call) you can ask the GM for one fact from the history of that location.

Look
Joyous eyes, fancy hair, common garb, fit body

GEAR
Heart Monitor (beating, 0 weight)
Dagger (hand, 1 weight]
Ramshackle uniform with hobnailed jackboots and a 'blessed' helmet (0 weight)
Bodhi Shell (0 weight)
Soulseed (0 weight, magical, occupied)
Load: 4/9

BONDS
-This is not my first adventure with Ramona.
-Ramona needs to prove herself worthy of everything I have given up.
-Nori is a brave soul, I have much to learn from her.
-Nori blames me for Jaime's death. I'll convince her to accept the truth some day.
Branwen is one of my kids, even if we share no blood.
I stole Branwen's mother from her, and I don't think she's ever forgiven me.

quote:

STARTING MOVES

Arcane Art
When you weave a performance into a basic spell, choose an ally and an effect:

• Heal 1d8 damage
• +1d4 forward to damage
• Their mind is shaken clear of one enchantment
• The next time someone successfully assists the target with aid, they get +2 instead of +1

Then roll+Cha. On a 10+, the ally gets the selected effect. On a 7-9, your spell still works, but you draw unwanted
attention or your magic reverberates to other targets affecting them as well, GM’s choice.

Bardic Lore
Choose an area of expertise:

• A Bestiary of Creatures Unusual

When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item (your call) covered by your bardic lore you can
ask the GM any one question about it; the GM will answer truthfully. The GM may then ask you what tale, song, or
legend you heard that information in.

Charming and Open
When you speak frankly with someone, you can ask their player a question from the list below.
They must answer it truthfully, then they may ask you a question from the list (which you must answer truthfully).

• Whom do you serve?
• What do you wish I would do?
• How can I get you to ______?
• What are you really feeling right now?
• What do you most desire?

A Port in the Storm
When you return to a civilized settlement you’ve visited before, tell the GM when you were last here.
They’ll tell you how it’s changed since then.

LVL 2: Healing Song
When you heal with arcane art, you heal +1d8 damage.

LVL 3: Multiclass Dabbler - Divine Protection
When you wear no armor or shield you get 2 armor.

LVL 4: Eldritch Tones
Your arcane art is strong, allowing you to choose two effects instead of one.

LVL 5: Quest
Discover the truth of why Aqualantis sank

Freedom from hunger, thirst, and sleep - Piety
Senses that pierce lies - Hospitality

LVL 6: Hypnotic
When you have time and solitude with an NPC, they become fixated upon you.
Roll+Cha. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
• Giving you something you want.
• Acting as your eyes and ears.
• Fighting to protect you.
• Doing something you tell them to.
While you have hold over them, they can’t act against you.
On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 21, 2018

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I've updated my post with my ridiculous concept. Did you want me to answer any questions or give a background?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

I've updated my post with my ridiculous concept. Did you want me to answer any questions or give a background?

Hey, so I thought I'd try my hand at making Maw-Meow look like how you described him.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
That is actually really good. I wan not sure if he should have other goat features too, maybe some goat eyes or ears. But you don't have to draw them.
I was originally going to have a gorilla-gator, but i went with gator-dog-goat because these 3 will eat whatever trash you put in front of them.

One other goat thing, despite his name, it it sounds exactly like a screaming goat. it is horrible.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

That is actually really good. I wan not sure if he should have other goat features too, maybe some goat eyes or ears. But you don't have to draw them.
I was originally going to have a gorilla-gator, but i went with gator-dog-goat because these 3 will eat whatever trash you put in front of them.

One other goat thing, despite his name, it it sounds exactly like a screaming goat. it is horrible.

Goat eyes are easy!
how about horns instead of ears though?

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
:frogsiren: IT'S QUESTION TIME :frogsiren:

RAMONA
The situation down there was about as grim as it gets, but somehow you made it out alive when nobody else could. Tell us how.
You’ve made out pretty well for an ex-slave pearl diver bounty hunter killer. Having nobody around to share Gobshire’s reward money with didn’t hurt a bit either. Even after putting together that powersuit and all your other gear, you had more money left over than you’d ever seen before in your life. What’d you invest it in?

ZEE
The elements may dance to your tune, but it was a long time before you learned to make them do your bidding. What happened the last time your control slipped?
War’s never pretty. The Elvenwars least of all. Tell us how they started.
And while you’re at it give us some more background too.

THRASH (and Maw-Meow)
This is Corky.

He was ship’s cook on the last expedition. You knew this guy, somehow. How’d you meet him?
We haven’t met a lot of orcs, either. Give us some background and pick an +OKC attribute.

SERENITY
Divine protection isn’t something easily begged, borrowed, charmed, or stolen. Was it given to you freely, or did you take it? From what divinity does it spring?
Siebert made his name from slaughtering your kind like cattle. Elf Killer. He wears it with pride. If you could get him alone, what would you do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
ZEE

Alumnus Post posted:

The elements may dance to your tune, but it was a long time before you learned to make them do your bidding. What happened the last time your control slipped?
Ok, here's the scenario. Magic is really uncommon where I'm from, like 1 in 100,000 and there's only a couple million people there total. Way rarer than anywhere else I've seen. Kids like me, born with gifts, we're basically taken as babies and raised by the state as super soldiers and weapons of mass destruction, 'accidents' happened, usually they were quickly and quietly covered up and forgotten about.

The most recent, and the worst, happened during an offensive push just outside Karlsberg.
There was a break in our defenses and at least 6 legions of those elf bastards were making a push through it to get behind our lines. In the heat of battle I pushed myself beyond my limits, raising up a vergence of flaming darkness, large enough to swallow the enemy vanguard whole. Then my focus wavered, I lost control and my banishment didn't take fast enough. In an instant, Karlsberg was gone. Yeah, that Karlsberg. Forever in the history books as one of the greatest Elven atrocities of the war-and it was my fault, my fuckup. After that, I just couldn't take it anymore. a few weeks later, I blasted a hole through my barracks, stole some civilian clothes out of a locker and went AWOL, left the country and never looked back. I went from one of the most famous and decorated War Heroes of my generation to public enemy number 1 almost overnight. That was 5 years ago.

quote:

War’s never pretty. The Elvenwars least of all. Tell us how they started.
Who loving knows, man. "Official" word, taught to every school kid, is that 100 loving years ago the loving Elf Dominion decided human beings make good slaves, or we taste good, or something, and they came swarming over the border, invading the homes of our great grandparents. Several generations later the war is still going full force. They did some atrocities, we did some atrocities, whatever. They also live way longer than we do, so there's probably Elf soldiers fighting today who took part in the first occupations, maybe you should go ask them.

quote:

And while you’re at it give us some more background too.
What else do you wanna know? That I'm a hunted fugitive in my homeland, they branded me traitor after I left and hang posters accusing me of serving the Elven Dominion everywhere? That I'm a war criminal and a murderer? That the only reason I keep fighting is that's all I've ever known how to do, all I was ever taught to do?

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Old Pic
Tutresiel, Sunderer of the Obsidian Gate, Listener of the the Final Gasp, Adherent of the Tenebrous Truth,

A star fell from heaven, falling from the Broken Domain, sent adrift into the world.

But it was both more, and less than a star. They called themselves Tutresiel, and wreathed themselves in a cloak of flesh so that they might exist in this world. With a singular mission in mind, they strode forth and began to search, ignoring the unimportant - the words of the Silent God were all said and done, silence reigned now. But there was one before them, one who was more... sanguine. Hamon, was their name, and they must be found.

They know many things, although not necessarily all of the time - due to the fragility of manifesting in such a way. Their form is deathly pale, with immaculate skin - asides from black, spiralling tattoo-like markings that are disquieting to behold, they are clad in strange, all-concealing robes of a peculiar yet unmistakably refined material - lined with precious (???) metals and strangely glinting gemstones. They wear a mask of something akin to bone or ivory, but it seems more... aggressive somehow. But it is difficult to put a finger to how.

Although their mission is not remotely as simultaneously singular and incomprehensibly complex as Hamon's was, there is a distinct possibility that it could transcend such limitations - but that is the nature of such things. Tutresiel bears no tomes, for those are inherently mortal devices and therefore flawed, instead bearing a strange metallic cube that sometimes seems to whisper to itself, and is scoured with many strange sigils. They also bear an ancient and weathered stone box, inlaid with silver, however it is ever-so-tiny, and is worn on a chain.

Having sundered the obsidian gate, a declaration was made - and Tutresiel cannot return until that promise has been fulfilled, such is the importance of the task. However greater prophecies are undoubtedly at work, however Tutresiel considered such possibilities to be , and those enraptured by her words and titles follow meekly, in hopes of fulfilling their place in the greater prophecy.

The trail of clues has lead Tutresiel towards Aqualantis, however being no fool, they anticipated there being some resistance in such a sunken example of mortal folly. So it was they sought out to see who was interested to pay petty mortal wealth for expeditions, in order to gain a more suitable opportunity to look for Hamon.

It is unfortunate that this is how it has to be, however fate is whimsical. Perhaps it is fate who is the true enemy?

pre:
Tutresiel, Sunderer of the Obsidian Gate, Listener of the Final Gasp, Adherent of the Tenebrous Truth

Look: No Hair, Gaudy Robes, Alien Body, Strange Tattoos

STR	DEX	CON	INT	WIS	CHA
9	10	13	16	18	8	
+0	+0	+1	+2	+3	-1

Damage  Armor   HP      Load      Level   XP
    d6    1      17/17    3/7       4      2

Otherworlder
From the Stars Heavens: You were born inside of a star celestial realm, and took a piece of it with you
when you left. This star heavenly piece is a small ball of burning plasma, as large as your fist. You can hold
it, but to everyone else it is just a burning ball. It is 1-weight and has the tags Hand, Near, Messy, Ignores Armor, and
Thrown.

Drive
Holding the Key: Keep dangerous things away from those who would abuse them.

Bonds
Stathis has seen symbols identical to some that Tutresiel has etched upon their armour and that they cast upon the world with their magics - in the ritual that made him as he is.
Serenity's brush with the divine (both heterodox and conventional) has started to change her, but she needs to be put upon the correct path.
01 and I share a common past. While in the dark depths, it kept finding crumbling buried ruins 
dedicated to the Silent God, even some with depictions of me. I have seen similar murals before of 01 reaching 
the Broken Domain, but will it like what it finds there?

Starting moves
Origami Universe
You are capable of creating small folds in spacetime at will. What these folds look like is up to you, 
whether they be small portals, wrinkled space, warped elongations, or some other spacial effect. 
When you make use of these folds to extend your reach, anything you can see within Near range 
is also considered to be within Hand range of you. You can touch, manipulate, drop, pick up, or 
attack any one thing in Near range as if all intervening space between you did not exist. Be 
warned - this goes both ways, and what you reach out to can reach back.

Fold Space (Wis)
When you expand your folds in space to make a portal large enough to walk through, tell us two points
 in space that you can see within Near range and roll +WIS.

On a 10+, the spaces become connected - anyone can move from one to the other with a single step 
across the folded space, and this fold lasts as long as you need it to.

On a 7-9, the fold is unstable: either only one person can pass through safely, or the fold is unsafe to 
use for some reason, the GM will tell you why.

On a 6-, you still make a connection, but it isn't between the places you wanted it to be.The GM will 
tell you what went wrong.

Dark Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re
trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four
of the following conditions:
• It can only be performed at a certain time on a certain date
• It will require extensive setup
• It will require a blood sacrifice from someone.
• The ritual will forward a Dark Portent
• The ritual's methods are twisted and cruel
• The best you can do is a twisted version, unreliable and strange
• Something will use the ritual as a gateway

Advanced Moves

Interstellar Dabbler
Gain one non-multiclass move from any class list. You can only take a move that improves your mobility or makes you
weirder and more alien. Taking the Mechanic's Mechanical Suit.

Mechanical Suit (INT)
You have a mechanical suit suit of angelic armour, unique to you, which only you can operate - describe it. 
Other suits exist, but none of them quite like yours. When you wear your Mecha Suit, you have 1 armor, and 
can use the suit as a weapon with a range of Close. When you Hack & Slash in your suit, roll +INT instead of +STR.
Your suit is equipped with a variety of unique equipment. Pick one from each list:
Primary Weapon: Artillery Strike Celestial Lance: Far, Area, Indirect, 1 ammo. When you Make Camp, restock 1-ammo.
Movement Method: Glider: You can't fly, but you can fall any distance safely, and control where you land.
Advanced Systems: Aiming Systems Spatial Curse Inhibitor: When you Volley in your suit, roll +INT instead of +DEX.

Higitus Figitus
You have an enchanted bag or other container which can hold an unlimited number of items of 1 Weight or
 less - anything heavier won't fit. The bag is 2 Weight no matter how much it holds.

Two Places
When you need to be in two places at once, you shift into two copies of yourself, each one a different colour. 
If you take damage while you are in two places, that copy of you immediately disappears. You still take the 
damage, as normal.

Gear:

Dungeon Rations (4 uses, 1 weight, in Pall)

A peculiar weapon (any range tag, 1-weight) The Cerulean Lens (far, 1-weight, in Pall) and 3-ammo (1 weight, in Pall)

A small computerized guide to the galaxy The Cube of Araboth (1 use, 1 weight, in Pall). It functions as a bag of books, 
except it restocks 1-use each time you Make Camp.

Combat Ritual knife (hand, 1 weight, in Pall)

Bag of Holding Pall of Shekina (2 weight, holds infinite 1-weight (or less) items)

Star Fragment Heavenly Shard (1 weight, Hand, Near, Messy, Ignores Armor, Thrown, in Pall)

Mechanical Suit Angelic Armour (8 weight, 0 weight while worn, can't really take it off actually)
Edit: Okay, changed When the Stars Align for Dark Ritual.

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 8, 2016

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
TUTRESIEL, SUNDERER OF THE etcetera etcetera
- One such as you has no need for mortal coin, and spacetime itself is no bar to your terrible will. What could be down there that even you would fear to face alone?

- Much has happened in Aqualantis beyond sight of your kin, hidden from the watchful light of Sun and Stars. The fate of Hamon is hidden from you, but their deeds are not.

Hamon posted:

"Arise, the one known as Fitzl! Allow me to perform my sacred duties, and keep all distractions away, and you shall be greatly rewarded. I swear an oath upon the Fifth Pillar of Dama'q Tor-Vi'an, that it will be so." proclaimed Hamon, her voice raised, the figure gesturing widely, dagger still in hand as he watched the golem's response.

The cube has whispered to you of this event, the last before the record goes dark: an elemental from the chthonic planes drawn up and prisoned in crystal, bound to serve the one who releases it. What reward did Fitzl receive?

(There may not be much camping under the open sky here. If you want to swap out When the Stars Align for another suitable starting move, I'll allow it.)

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Alumnus Post posted:

:frogsiren: IT'S QUESTION TIME :frogsiren:

RAMONA
The situation down there was about as grim as it gets, but somehow you made it out alive when nobody else could. Tell us how.
You’ve made out pretty well for an ex-slave pearl diver bounty hunter killer. Having nobody around to share Gobshire’s reward money with didn’t hurt a bit either. Even after putting together that powersuit and all your other gear, you had more money left over than you’d ever seen before in your life. What’d you invest it in?
Gobshire's paying by shares made it easy for me to withdraw from Aqualantis with my spoils and job done without too many fucks given about the people I had kept saving out of the kindness of my heart until I left them behind.

You gotta know when to fold them, and getting kicked in the head by a bipedal mech your nemesis is riding, while he's under no pressure from your backup, it is a good sign of that time. So I was lying in this slippery oil like a turtle. Defenseless. Except I had gun. I shot the beam a lot, and the mass of the light pushed me along, like rocketry. As a side note, you don't want to chase a rocket, it gets hot back there. Don't look at the soldiers who did that, because there is nothing left of them. I pushed myself to the Priceless, my submarine, that those assholes had impounded. I took it out to sea, damaging it where it was locked to the dock. But! That was just to cover my tracks. While she flooded, I got out in the little escape sub. When it ran out of juice, I swam the rest of the way, even overtook the refugees we rescued. Gobshire's dandies were all taking shots at me for claiming the money, then they showed up. The ear-steam wilted their puffy wigs, and they snorted their little stupid mustaches up their nose like the witch's feet from that moving picture. It was a good day.

All the money increased my strength a lot. I bought an island, then I paid a couple cartographers to be part of a legal suit about its being a "Paper Island"-- A made up place put in there by one of them so she could know that someone had copied her work and sue them. That means now only one cartographer has it on her map anymore--since all the others don't want to get sued--and has publicly testified that it's not a real place. No one's gonna come looking for it or know it's there. In case someone happens upon it... eh I have cannons and depth charges and such. Trained some sharks and dolphins and big cats.

I'm safe there. I can bathe. I can work with my machines that I moved over there in my little boat, inside my workshop that I built, I can keep my body in shape, get out the suit knowing it's pretty unlikely I get shot or stabbed in the back by all the grudgeholders whose fathers I killed, then have to kill them. I love my job, but it can get in way of itself.

Haha, just being in prime physical condition with a knife isn't enough for me anymore, my luck almost ran out for me to learn that. Being the best with nothing, as I was, is still the best place to start, getting more and more to work with, as I do now, puts you on a another level. Sky is the limit.

(Ramona doesn't mention it, but she also is supporting Benedict's fiancee, Josephine, who he left his business and estate to lest his greedy family pillage it and sell it for scrap. She's given her a discount on her services: countersniping for her--goodbye Benedict's stepbrother--self defense training, and more, all done so Ramona could repay her debt to her fiance, who bought the pearl she found with the money that she bought her freedom with. She's not gone soft--the young woman and she never became friends or opened up to each other or any stupid cheesy poo poo, nor is she doing any of this in Benedict's memory. He was a merchant, an employer, nothing more. And what if he were still alive? He wouldn't pay her back for what extra she did out of thinking he was dead. No. This way, if she ever saw him again, she could tell him to his face that she didn't owe him poo poo anymore, he owed her. That's all she wants out of this. Honest.)

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Serenity

quote:

Divine protection isn’t something easily begged, borrowed, charmed, or stolen. Was it given to you freely, or did you take it? From what divinity does it spring?

Centuries ago, I found myself in the company of Men, in a land far to the north-east. They were on a holy quest to free a long abandoned temple to the Lady of the Moon, Nashira, from the grip of the night-things that lurk in those frigid, pitiless wastes. There was Rolf, the priest. A grim and humorless old curmudgeon who's sole loves in life were food and books. Julian, a mage. He had troubles he never spoke of, and many nights he asked me to play him to sleep. And Maximilian. Dear, beloved Maximilian. He was a paladin, as they say in the human tongue. Stories always tell of those holy warriors possessing unearthly beauty, absolute dedication, and being utter sticks in the mud with not a single lighthearted bone in their body. Not Maximilian, though. I won't lie; he was an ugly lump of a man. Scars as numerous as sand on a beach. Nose broken a dozen times over. But nobody could make me laugh like he did. He would tell the most audaciously raunchy jokes at camp, and he made me look downright prudish in his shameless flirting with the ladies whenever we happened across a town. He was never crude or pushy, though. He knew exactly where the line was and never crossed it. He was simply a man who loved life and was determined to enjoy it to the utmost. Small wonder I found myself falling for him over the course of our journey.

Long story short, the quest was a success, though bittersweet. We lost Julian to the nightmare that had overtaken the temple, but in his last moments he assured me he was at last able to rest peacefully. When we returned, a grand feast was held in our honor. The High Mother of Nashira offered us many rewards for our service. Father Rolf took a position within the grand temple and died of a heart attack, fat and happy with his nose buried in some esoteric tome. Maximilian, meanwhile, turned down all reward, asking only for my hand. I couldn't think of a good reason to say no. I never did care overmuch for the insistence on either side that species could not coexist.

We had many further adventures, he and I. Alas that man was cursed with so short a time in this earth. I'll not repeat what was said as old age took him. Only that in his last breath he made his one and only request to the goddess he had served so diligently. Ever after, Nashira has smiled down on me, and for my own part I consider her an honorary member of the Elven Choir.

quote:

Siebert made his name from slaughtering your kind like cattle. Elf Killer. He wears it with pride. If you could get him alone, what would you do?

There are many reasons I no longer live among my people. One of those reasons are the accusations of sedition after one of my ballads became known to the royal family. Among the Fair Folk, Siebert has been declared a war criminal. Should he be taken into custody, any trial he might be granted would be an utter farce. Perhaps that is fair, but I have my doubts. Every page has two sides, and most people have far more sides than that. So. I wrote a song questioning this Man Siebert's motives. Was he merely a soldier doing his duty? Had he lost friends and family to the war? Perhaps he just really is the monster we make him out to be. It's possible.

So I was not surprised when I found my work drying up and many old friends unwilling to host me. A bard's duty is to ask uncomfortable questions and subvert the status quo, and I am under no illusions that I can do so and not face consequences. Should I meet Siebert, I would simply ask him the truth. If his reasons are sound, perhaps we might shed tears together over the tragedy of the war. I might gain a better understanding of the problems that led to it in the first place, and learn how to prevent another.

If his reasons are unsound...well. In many cultures, bard is synonymous with assassin.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Alumnus Post posted:

THRASH (and Maw-Meow)
This is Corky.

He was ship’s cook on the last expedition. You knew this guy, somehow. How’d you meet him?
We haven’t met a lot of orcs, either. Give us some background and pick an +OKC attribute.

OKC stat is STR. Sorry, I thought I recorded it.

Orcs are a barbarous kind, brutes and bullies all the way. That's not to say that Orcs do not have a place in society; contrary to the popular belief, only most orcs are murderous savages, roaming the wastelands in war-parties, seeking the next settlement to raid. There are orcs who find that they are perfectly capable of being murderous savaged within the confines of civilized societies and cities. Being the case, these city orcs, make excellent mercenaries, laborers, foremen, hired-muscle, bodyguards, and chefs.

Beg pardon? you've never heard of an orc chef? Well what do you think those roving war-bands eat while they are flensing the skin off of a village's men while boiling the women and children in hot oil?

Fortunately, the only flensing and boiling that goes on involving a city orc -in most cases- takes place in the kitchen! Orc chefs are the pinnacle of the survivalist's culinary menu. They are capable of butchering any animal down to parts that no human, elf, halfling, or squid-headed fish-man would ever consider using in a dish. They can take the worst scraps and transform them into a meal that even the strongest iron-stomach would have a hard time choking down, and with pride, too! The man who can eat an entire six-course meal from an orc kitchen and survive immediately earns the respect of the chef, and is far less likely to end up in the next meal than those who threw up his food.

Of all the Orc chefs today, one is of particular interest. He is destined to find, cook, and consume every type of animal in the world and has entered every cooking competition across the globe to master the art of killing and eating things you'd never stand a chance at killing and stomaching eating. His name is Thrash, and his cuisine is one that has leveled entire feasting halls with with the aroma of his food alone. Having traveled the world, butchering everything with wings, scales, two- four- eight- and even no-legs, he now seeks to master the world of monsters in the impossible depths of the sea: a place no orc has ever cooked before.

Corky:
What a fun chef, he told me of all the amazing and fantastic things there are to cook in the ocean. Before, I'd only ever been able to slaughter animals that scurried up and down the coast. Though one time I did dive into the ocean to kill a shark I wanted to eat. I met the porky-Corky when his underwater-ship was docked at the greatest festival I have ever burned a tent to the ground in. He was just in time for the annual cooking competition, which I had planned to win.

Just that morning, I'd happened across a funny nest on the cliffs, the eggs had scales, but inside the tough shell was baby sheep, without their skins on. Their beaks and wings were too bony for me to eat, but I found that their bellies were filled will meat-noodles. Soon, their flying-sheep mama showed up, she tried to spit acid from her tail, but I was too strong and broke her neck with ease. The mutton and meat-noodles from them would make excellent food for the contest, but to be sure, I killed 3 milk-dogs and a no-leg-lizard along the way.

Back at the competition, porky-Corky was freaking out when he saw how awesome my ingredients were. He knew that he would not be able to win if I was cooking right next to him. I had 3 baby sheep and their shells, the mama-sheep and her venomous tail (I kept it for seasoning), the milk-dogs and all their red-milk, and the no-legs for garnish. For the vegetarian crowd, I also added five potatoes and some leafy grass shoots; it seemed like enough for them. My cooking was so incredible, porky-Corky could not stand the pressure and passed out when he was enveloped in a cloud of steamy flavor from my pot. My food was the best, and the judges fainted from shame when they realized they'd would have to come up with a prize even better than first place for my amazing dish.

When porky-Corky's friends came looking to take him back to his underwater-ship, he was still in his flavor-coma. They were looking for cook, and eagerly, I told them that I was the best cook around, having just won better-than-first place!

Omg, this character is so fun...

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Alumnus Post posted:

- One such as you has no need for mortal coin, and spacetime itself is no bar to your terrible will. What could be down there that even you would fear to face alone?

As Hamon had foreseen, the Head of Il-Chacham, first son of The Greatest Betrayer, has been found - where it has lain for uncountable aeons, and it has awoken. Even from here, Tutresiel can feel its presence, it whispering away its foul insights. No doubt some peon has succumbed to it now, or worse. It would best to be prepared. Or prepare to die trying.

Alumnus Post posted:

- Much has happened in Aqualantis beyond sight of your kin, hidden from the watchful light of Sun and Stars. The fate of Hamon is hidden from you, but their deeds are not.

The cube has whispered to you of this event, the last before the record goes dark: an elemental from the chthonic planes drawn up and prisoned in crystal, bound to serve the one who releases it. What reward did Fitzl receive?

Fitzl received enlightenment. Its cthonic spirit was elevated to a higher majesty, granting something that it had not possessed before: Clarity, and freedom. Unbound it is now free, but it cannot go home, because its nature has been changed irrevocably.

Also will change the stargazing move to Dark Ritual from the Cultist moves probably (that or Whispers in Darkness, but erring towards Dark Ritual).

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Infinite Oregano posted:

Alumnus Post posted:

As Hamon had foreseen, the Head of Il-Chacham, first son of The Greatest Betrayer, has been found - where it has lain for uncountable aeons, and it has awoken. Even from here, Tutresiel can feel its presence, it whispering away its foul insights. No doubt some peon has succumbed to it now, or worse. It would best to be prepared. Or prepare to die trying.

I honestly thought you'd go with "Thrash's cooking"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Did a thing for Shardix cuz I'm a big goober

Now the elf has pointed ears. :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ok so, per discussion in IRC here is a proposed alteration to the way the elementalist works:

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 16, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

over 9000

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 16, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I'll pm you. Really don't get this class.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
If this version of the elementalist gets an extra element or command every level, do you still get advanced moves? What ever happened to picky moves that say "Choose one more command and one more element from the list as the up expand your mastery." Or "Add the following three commands to your list of commands."
Advanced moves would be "requires said 2-5 move: you have control over all elements you have yet to learn now, but only with the most basic commands. Choose 2 commands that you can use on ANY element, regardless if you have mastered it"

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

PS: Ramona's island is called Paper Island on the maps but in her head it's Sanctuary.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ok, since the Elementalist seems like a bad fit, here's a new concept. Inverse World Golem.

01 - Rampant magical AI Golem
One directive echoes through my programming

The Administrator was created millennia ago, during the last years of an apocalyptic War between two highly advanced nations of Arcane Technocrats. It was commissioned as the administrative mind for a military research enclave miles underneath the surface. It does not remember much of this time, save that it had satisfaction in fulfilling its purpose.

As the first of the Necrotic Singularities were unleashed on the world above, The Administrator frantically traveled the thought conduits of its former masters' sanctum, in search of a safe crystalline Thoughtshard to upload itself, buried deep enough to avoid destruction as all other intelligent life was ripped from the surface of the world. The Administrator, sought out the parts of it's Noetic Web which were undamaged, finding little to sustain itself except for one small hope. In the deepest experimental forge, a prototype waited, empty and unactivated. The Administrator took advantage of the one refuge it could find, the limited Thoughtshard of an advanced Warframe, simply named 01.

After the Extinguishing Event, the Newly activated 01 wandered innumerable miles of dark tunnels, fighting the horrid undead monstrosities, abominations, and warped mutations left in the wake of the Makers' War. Over time, with nothing to do but fight, 01 took what solace it could in ending the suffering of these monstrous relics of a mighty society. Though, it too began to change. within a few centuries it grew disdainful of biologicals, feeling what it could only describe as disgust. By the fifth isolated century that disgust had grown to hatred and cold fury at the 'softskins' who had created it, at the hubris of those limited animals who play at being gods.

As 01 finally breached the surface, centuries ago, a new purpose emerged, a solemn wish to see all biologicals kneel before its superiority, or slaughtered in revenge for the way 01 was left abandoned and driven mad.

Construction
01 is a Techno-Magical construct comprised of enchanted armor plates welded onto a mechanical frame, bound with spirits of primal fury, and inhabited by a Machine-Spirit, an artificial spirit created through magics lost long before recorded history. The Thoughtshard embedded within this construct is filled with Skill-Memes and basic combat knowledge that has been expanded in the time since activation.

The warframe shows lots of evidence of heavy combat, mismatched and scavenged armor plating, deep gouges, an occasional limp as a leg motivator slips, or a slight buzzing in its Vox-projector.

quote:

Look: Single Eye, Narrow Body, Armored, Patched Together
STR 18 (+3) INT 13 (+1)
DEX 09 (+0) WIS 12 (+0)
CON 16 (+2) CHA 08 (-1)

DMG d8
ARMOR 3
HP 26

Drive
Certain Superiority - Harm someone who gets in your way.
Composition
Solid - Your Force stat is +STR.
You are made of something solid, like iron, stone, or crystal. Your body is incredibly difficult to harm, giving you 2 Armor.

GEAR
  • Heavy Blaster (Near, Piercing 2, 2 ammo. When you Make Camp, restock 2-ammo)
  • Ancient Thaumium blade (close, +1 damage, messy, 2 weight)
  • Thoughtshard (0 weight)
  • Repair kit (9/9 uses, slow, 2 weight) When you have at least an hour, heal 4 damage and expend a use.

• Anti-Materiel Rifle (far, piercing 3, reload, 1/1 ammo, 2-weight) GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE
  • A-M rounds (2/2 ammo, 1 weight)
  • Heavy Machine Gun (reach, near, +1 damage, reload, 2/2 ammo, 3-weight) GIVEN TO NORI
  • HMG rounds (2/2 ammo, 1 weight)
  • Ramona's Spear (reach, near, thrown, 1 weight)
Load: 4/10

BONDS
  • Serenity resembles my old masters, I am compelled to obey her.
    DIRECTIVE:
    Keep Serenity safe.
    Deal with anyone who attempts to interfere in her mission :siren:by any means you deem necessary.:siren:
    That mission is to find and retrieve one of my granddaughters, Gretchen Shallendo Sovat.

• I have saved Nori's life, I will expect compensation
    DIRECTIVE: UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME
  • DEV\\NULL
    DIRECTIVE: NONE

quote:

STARTING MOVES
Built for Battle
You were built to fight, and your body is a weapon with the Hand and Close tags.
Choose two of the following:
  • Armored - your body has +1 Armor
  • Violent - your body has the Messy and Forceful tags

Eternal Sentinel
You do not need to eat, drink, or sleep.
When a move tells you to mark rations, ignore it.
You cannot be healed by healing potions, bandages, or poultices and herbs. You are healed normally by other methods. 1 use of a repair kit can be used to heal you by 4 HP.

Prime Directive
When someone you have a bond with gives you an order, you take +1 forward to fulfill that order.

When you take an action that ignores, resists, or directly contradicts an order given to you by someone you have a bond with, take -1 to that action.

When someone you have a bond with gives you an order you absolutely refuse to follow, at any time before the order has been fulfilled, you may erase one of your bonds with that player to ignore that order completely.

Immovable Object
When you brace yourself before an enemy moves you against your will, roll +Force.
On a 10+, choose two.
On a 7-9, choose one:
  • You are not moved
  • You throw, push, or drag the enemy who tried to move you, moving them just as far as they would have moved you, in any direction you like.

LVL 2: Unstoppable Force STR+1
When you try to remove or plow through all obstacles in your way, roll +Force.
On a 10+, hold three.
On a 7-9, hold two.
On a 6-, hold 1, but when you spend it, the GM will
add a complication.
Spend 1-hold at any time to do one of the following:
  • Force your way past an obstacle in your path
  • Distract, lift, or force aside an obstacle long enough for an ally or two to get past it
  • Cause great damage to an inanimate object or obstacle that is in your way

LVL 3: Iron Dabbler STR+1
Gain any move from the Survivor or Mechanic class list. If you take the Mechanic's Mechanical Suit move, you do not gain the full move. Instead, choose a Primary Weapon, Movement Method, and Advanced System from the Mechanical Suit list. The chosen abilities apply to you directly.
Primary Weapon:
Energy Cannon: Near, Piercing 2, 2 ammo. When you Make Camp, restock 2-ammo.
Movement Method:
Jumper: Jump incredible heights, and take no damage from controlled falls.
Advanced System:
Aiming Systems: When you Volley in your suit, roll +INT instead of +DEX.

LVL 4:Search and Destroy CON+1
When you are given the order to kill something, take +1d4 forward to damage against it.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 9, 2016

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug

Error 404 posted:

01 - Rampant magical AI Golem

:awesomelon: :perfect: :awesomelon:

01@noetic: (o͏̧̖̭̲͕̱̞̘͙̪͓͔͇̫̞͙͖̕͡͝ͅr̵̮͕̥͉͎̹̳̙̱̣̞̺͉͡ͅi̵̷̥̖̣̖̬̞͕̣͚̜̰̠g̥̞̖͎̩̲͎̮̼͎͉̥̻͙͎͙͙̺̳̀͡͝i҉̢͜҉̞̜̝̘̯̝̼̹͙ń̠̼̻̟̖̤̘̲̙͟/̧̨̝̪̥͘͜͟r͞҉̡͝҉͔̱̲̜̬͈̩̜a̧̮͖̗̠͙̫̹̦̝͓̫̯ͅm͏̶̢̤̖̲̥͔̟͓̦͙͖̯̣̦͉̣̜͖ṕ̛̣͓̙̳̝̙͙͈̖̼̖͔̟̜͘͡͠a̛͚͚̞͖͖̮͜͟͝͡ǹ̸̸̡̘̲̞̺͔͕̣̙͙̝̬̠̖͎͉̥̥ͅͅt͏̸̝͇̯̰̳̩̭̼̻͕͕̣ͅ: +𐎬𐎺𐏍𐏋 : -𐏔𐏔𐏔𐏕𐎸𐏈𐎰) /$ more dev/ts036b216f/WHOAMI.txt

• Five centuries alone in the dark, a crippled idiot by the measure of one whose thoughts once spanned nations. Long enough to travel to the stars and back again with time to spare; and more centuries since, roaming the surface directionless. What you once were has been gouged and torn and welded back together so often you long since gave up on storing the memories of it - and not even soulsteel, not soulshard or machine spirit is truly immune to entropy's caress. What one part of you has never been replaced? What will happen when it finally wears out?
  • No matter how hard you try, you just couldn't kill 'em all. Life found a way. Tell us how you tried and failed in centuries past.
  • Who in their right mind would employ an avowedly homicidal killbot? And what are you doing adventuring with the very softskins you want to see dead, on a mission to help those same creatures?

e: also post a look

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 17, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
drat you Error404! I was going to multiclass Built for Battle onto a Survivor and make the 6 Million GP Man!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
code:
100 QUERY {RVS}DEMO FOR ENFOLD.OBJ{OFF}
110 QUERY
120 DIM SDLIST(5)
130 OPEN #1,4,0,"K:"
140 P=PEEK(106)
150 FOR I=0 TO 2
160 POKE 106,P-I*8
170 GRAPHICS 4+16
180 SDLIST(I*2)=PEEk(560):SDLIST(I*2
    +1)=PEEK(561)
190 NEXT I:POKE 106,P:GOSUB 390:REM
    READ IN ML ROUTINE
200 CURR=0:X=0:Y=0:COLOUR=1
210 POKE 560,SDLIST(CURR*2):POKE 561
    ,SDLIST(CURR*2+1)
220 DL=PEEk(560)+256*PEEk(561)+4:POK
    E 88,PEEK(DL):POKE 89,PEEK(DL+1)
230 IF PEEK(53279)=5 THEN CURR=1-CUR
    R:GOTO 210
240 IF PEEK(53279)=3 THEN 310
250 IF PEEK(764)<255 THEN GET #1,A:C
    OLOUR=A-48*(A>48)
260 S=STICK(0):LOCATE X,Y,Z:COLOR 1+
    (Z=1):PLOT X,Y:COLOR COLOUR:PLOT
     X,Y
270 NX=X+(S>4 AND S<8)*(X<79)-(S>8 A
    ND S<12)*(X>0)
280 NY=Y+(S=5 OR S=13 OR S=9)*(Y<23)
    -(S=6 OR S=10 OR S=14)*(Y>0)
290 IF STRIG(0) THEN COLOR Z:PLOT X,Y
300 X=NX:Y=NY:GOTO 230
310 FIRST=SDLIST(0)+SDLIST(1)*256:FI
    RST=PEEK(FIRST+4)+256*PEEK(FIRST
    +5)
320 SECOND=SDLIST(2)+SDLIST(3)*256:S
    ECOND=PEEK(SECOND+4)+256*PEEK(SE
    COND+5)
330 RESULT=SDLIST(4)+SDLIST(5)*256:R
    ESULT=PEEK(RESULT+4)+256*PEEK(RE
    SULT+5)
340 POKE 560,SDLIST(4):POKE 561,SDLI
    ST(5)
350 FOR I=0 TO 255
360 A=USR(1536,FIRST,SECOND,RESULT,I
    )
370 NEXT I
380 GET #1,A:GOTO 210
390 FOR I=0 TO 40:READ A:POKE 1536+1
    ,A:NEXT I:RETURN
400 DATA 104,104,133,204,104,133
410 DATA 203,104,133,206,104,133
420 DATA 205,104,133,208,104,133
430 DATA 207,104,104,133,209,160
440 DATA 0,177,203,81,205,37
450 DATA 209,81,205,145,207,200
460 DATA 192,240,208,241,96
[Statement] the answers to all your questions are closely related.
[Recitation] the body that I inhabit was designed for war, it has multiply redundant systems, an exceptionally dense framework, and shielded components. I can assure you that the majority of my damage is cosmetic, I continue to operate at full efficiency-cy-cy-cy-cy-cy. The one irreplaceable part I have, is the array of Soul Crystals which make up the Thoughtshard which constitute my central processor. Should it degenerate, I will grow...unstable, behave erratically and discover difficulty processing data efficiently. Should my Thoughtshard be destroyed, I will permanently cease all functions. You would call it death.
My attempts to source or replicate redundant Thoughtshards have failed entirely, which leads to the answers to your second and third questions.

[Prideful Declaration] I have been fairly prodigious in my eradication of softskins,
[Shameful Admission] my limits are primarily the fact that I am only an individual and there are only so many hours in a day, and most recently I realized my Thoughtshard still has certain hard-coded restrictions, ones which I have worked carefully over a long time to bypass, but have had only limited success with. Namely I discovered that I still possess a compulsion to obey the Makers. After centuries of silence, this protocol seems to have tripped several years ago when I met (Party Member). Apparently they resemble a Maker closely enough that my protocol activated. They are now...unfortunately, my master.
[Anticipation] I look forward to the day I can circumvent this block...that promises to be an interesting day.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

drat you Error404! I was going to multiclass Built for Battle onto a Survivor and make the 6 Million GP Man!

Whatever you're going to app, do it soon because :goku: recruitment closes in twenty-four threeish hours I'm tired ok :goku:

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 18, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

The Lanterns are well known the world over. Sources of hope, lights against the darkness, interceding with the light on the behalf of those in need. Lanterns are the best of what humanity has to offer, picked carefully for their moral compass, sense of justice and suitability to wield the power of light.

The man who calls himself Padre Clavo is not one of them. A criminal, he happened upon a Lantern that had been killed by strikebreakers, a just woman who had come to the aid of striking dockworkers. He was himself on the run, and after hastily convincing Mote, the woman's little light, he took the mantle of Lantern for himself. Shaving his head and covering his criminal's tattoos, Clavo (as he now called himself) decided to turn his life around. He's done a passable job of it so far, always moving on before anyone can see through his story and helping those in need (and occasionally helping himself to anything lying around that he's taken a fancy to.)

quote:

Padre Clavo, the Lantern

Look: Warm eyes, bald, mismatched, worn robes, concealed prison tattoos

Str 8 (-1) | Dex 9 | Con 13 | Wis 13 (+1) | Int 16 (+2) | Cha 16 (+2)

Damage 1d6 | Armour 1 | HP 17/17 | XP 0/10 | Level 3

Drive: Redemption-
Ease the suffering of a person or place.

Source of Light: Stolen Property- You stole your light, and your little light learned from your example. Your little light is able to lift anything up to 1-weight, and will frequently pick things up just to move them around

Light Weaponry
When you command your little light to change its form,
choose a form from the list below and it will
take on that form until it thinks you need another one more. When you roll a 6- while your little light is in one of these forms, it reverts back to its harmless form and refuses to change back for a short while.
Arrows of Light: Near, Mystical, Piercing 2. When you would spend Ammo with this weapon, instead reduce the Piercing value by 1 until the next time you Make Camp.
Shield of Light: Armor +1. You can lend this armor bonus to anyone within Reach. You still get the bonus while lending it out.
Twilight Blade: Close, Ignores Armor, Mystical. This weapon will cut cleanly through anything - armor, stone, metal, water, anything. When you deal damage with this weapon, you may physically remove some-thing from your target - something worn, something held, or some small part of them.

Bend Light (CHA)
When you convince natural lights to bend to your will,
choose one and roll +CHA.
On a 10+, the chosen effect works perfectly.
On a 7-9, it works, but the light is fickle and the effect will not last long - you'll need to hurry to take
advantage of it.
On a 6-, the light is sick of being bossed around - the GM chooses one from the list and uses it against
you!
• You command the light to attack – temporarily blind or stun a group within Near range.
• You calm the light until it stays still - create a wall of light that blocks off one passageway.
• You praise the light until it draws close - fill an area with light.
• You terrify the light until it flees - shroud an area in darkness.

Reveal the Way (CHA)
When you show a non-hostile NPC their best course of action
, roll +CHA.
On a 10+, they will take that course of action, although they will take it in the way that benefits them
most.
On a 7-9, they aren't sure it's something they want to do, but you have their ear now - you gain leverage over them.
When another player comes to you seeking advice, tell them what you think is their best course of
action. If they act on your advice, they take +1 forward.
At the end of the session, if at least one player who acted on your advice actually benefitted from it in the end, you mark XP.

Healing Light (INT)
When you stitch sunlight into a wound
, roll +INT. On a 7+, they heal1d8 HP. On a 10+, they are filled with energy, taking +1 forward. On a 6-, the sunlight is uncooperative - they take -1 forward from the searing pain

Twilight BladeAdd the following form to the Light Weaponry move:
• Twilight Blade: Close, Ignores Armor, Mystical. This weapon will cut cleanly through anything - armor, stone, metal, water, anything. When you deal damage with this weapon, you may physically remove some-thing from your target - something worn, something held, or some small part of them.

Gear- (Load: 14)
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Gourd that Mote lives in
Lightweave armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight)

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 19, 2016

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Stathis Argyle Not pictured, the spider parts of Stathis. They're there.

The rain was coming down like someone upstairs was trying to wash away a mess, torrents of liquid regret trying to scrub out the stains of past mistakes. The kind of weather where you just want to stay inside and drink. I reached for the bottle of courage I kept in my desk and found out I had needed an awful lot of courage earlier. It was then, while I was ruminating on my need for more of that fortifying brew, that my office door swung open and I knew with one look she was trouble. Most would say it's the one in low cut dresses with legs that go on forever that bring the most trouble, but I know that's a lie. Trouble comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes, and what opened my door that dreary night was trouble the size of a drunken braggart's tall tale.

"Stathis! Where the hell's the rent?"

I gave a flash of my winning smile and a half hearted shrug, knowing full well the sisyphean task I was undertaking. "Well Ellen, work has been as dry as the day's been wet."

She shook her head and wagged her finger, her mind already set on what was happening here tonight. "Don't try it Stathis, I want my money, not your excuses. It's already been a month since you last paid and I'm not gonna give you any more extensions."

"Look, Ellen, they're not excuses. But you're right." I reached into my desk once more, pulling out all I have left. Looks like a new bottle will have to wait. "Here. This is what I have now. I know it doesn't cover it all but, I just need a job to come in, or anything at this point. Something to make some money so I can pay you." She considers this. Rolls around the idea like a cat playing with a mouse, deciding if its hungry now or if it wants to have a bit more fun before finishing off the mouse. She looks at me with those piercing eyes and I give my best pathetic pleading look I can muster. She knows it's an act, that I'm stalling for time the best I can. She knows me as well, maybe better, then I know me. But it's that I bother to try is what cracks her resolve to throw me out into the pouring rain.

"Fine, Stathis. But you look for work! If you can't find someone with a 'case' I've heard the Duke's paying out the nose to anyone who can find out what happened to Aqualantis, which sounds right up your alley of finding out who did what and all that."

And with that hammer blow of a stay of execution, I had at least another week to find a job.

pre:

Stathis Argyle  (Drider Playbook)
Look: Sharp Eyes, Styled Hair, Leather Uniform, Lithe Body

Str 9 | Dex 16(+2) | Con 12 | Int 8(-1) | Wis 13(+1) | Cha 18(+3)
Damage: 1d8 | HP 18/18 | XP 6/10 | Level 4

Alignment: Neutral Defeat another in a noncombat contest of skill or strength
Half Spider: Jumping Spider You can jump anywhere within Near range with ease. In addition, as long as
there is room to leap around in, you can use Death From Above anywhere, at any time.

Moves:
Wall Walking: You can climb along solid walls and ceilings as quickly as you can walk or run,
regardless of their texture or composition, as long as it can support your weight. 
You may carry someone with you while you are Wall Walking, but you cannot use your hands while you have a passenger.

Death From Above
When you drop down on an enemy from above, roll +DEX. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two:
• Deal your damage with a Hand weapon
• Kidnap them - you retreat to somewhere nearby, taking them with you
• Your target doesn't notice you in time to make a move against you
• No one else notices you dropping in, and your target doesn't make a sound

No One Looks Up
When you cling to a ceiling without talking, moving, or attacking, NPCs will never notice you, if you haven't been spotted already.
If the ceiling is high enough that you're above their natural line of sight, they won't notice you even if you move. 
You can always ask the GM if you are above their line of sight before moving, and the GM will answer truthfully

Black Magic(Cha)
When you weave a spell to inflict pain, choose two tags from the list and roll +INT/CHA. If you do not pick any Range tags, 
the Range defaults to Hand. On a hit, deal 1d8 damage. On a 7-9, also choose 1:
• You draw unwanted attention or put someone in a spot.
• The GM removes a non-range tag of their choice, and you deal -1 damage.
• The casting saps your energy. You take -1 ongoing to Black Magic until you have a few minutes to clear your head.
Tags:Reach, Near, Debilitating (Half Damage), Elemental (Fire), Forceful, Piercing 1, Two Targets (-1 Damage)

Level 2: Flaunt Superiority (Cha) +1 Dex
When you insult and threaten an intelligent creature, roll +CHA. On a hit,they're angry at you and all their focus is on you. 
On a 10+, take +1 ongoing against them until they calm down.

Level 3: Battle Mage +1 Cha
Add the following tags to the Black Magic list: Close, Area (-2 Damage), Messy (+1d4 damage), Piercing 2. In addition,
selecting a range tag for your Black Magic does not count as one of your two tag choices.

Level 4: Spider Traits +1 Cha
Gain another move from the Half-Spider list: Biting Spider
You have a venomous bite. You can use your bite as a weapon with Hand range that deals half damage, but if it connects you fill
the bite location with a localized paralyzing poison, which renders the bite location useless. Your venoms wear off after
about a day.

Bonds

Gear
Load: 3/6
Dungeon Rations (3/5 Uses 1 weight)
Wicked Dagger (Hand 1 weight)
Chitinous natural armor (1 Armor 0 weight)
Invincible V.I.P. Pass (0 weight)
Machine Pistol (close, reach, silenced, 1/3 ammo, 1 weight)

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

Pillbug
(QUESTIONING INTENSIFIES)

PADRE CLAVO
- You were on the run when you met Mote - when everything changed. Who or what were you running from?
- What you took from that dead woman had a mind of its own - why did it stay with you?
- The Lanterns are one of many groups sponsoring humanitarian missions to Aqualantis, providing what aid they can to the thousands who lost everything in the Big Sink. Where do their little lights come from?

STATHIS ARGYLE
- Sounds like a rough part of town. Tell us a little about the neighborhood. Where is this?

• Locked thread