Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69

http://gu.com/p/4fym5?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Look what you did op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Look what you did op

First Bowie now this? 2016 can gently caress right off.

Godspeed Alan Rickman, I hope you're on that beach in the sky, earning 20%.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Look what you did op

lol "69"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also RIP Alan Rickman. He was one of my favorite actors.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
geez did he really die. thats hosed up

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
[in a snide Alan Rickman voice] I don't give a gently caress about Harry Potter.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Op killed Alan Rickman by not caring about harryp otter.

He was heartbroken over the OP's post.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

Op killed Alan Rickman by not caring about harryp otter.

He was heartbroken over the OP's post.

Clap your hands, everyone, clap your hands!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The edit log of his Wikipedia page is really loving weird, like some kind of autistic feeding frenzy

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Thanks for weighing in on Harry Potter, OP. With all the attention the Harry Potter franchise has been getting in the media lately, I was waiting for someone to take it down a peg.

Now I just wish someone would stick it to popular TV show F*R*I*E*N*D*S.

Back when it was on, I'd make fun of it/call it bad, but I still watched it.

I think it was an okay show. Some funny episodes. I can admit that now. I still think Rachel is the least interesting Friend even though (because??) she's pretty much the only Friend who isn't mentally ill.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

shiksa posted:

look okay i was born in 89 so by all accounts i should have a mega boner for harry potter, but who gives a poo poo? i guess there's another fuckin movie coming out thats not harry potter, but really it's harry potter, and why should anyone care? i read the first three because i was in the age group that was right in that target demo in the late 90s and then the 4th one was like, twice as long as any other harry potter book and woah turns out i didn't care about retard wizard poo poo that much.

anyway, thanks y'all for having me, i'll be around, and if you like harry potter enough to get mad enough at this to want to tell me why i should actually like harry potter, lol

op killed snape

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Are you happy now OP :mad:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Op killed Alan Rickman

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

Are you happy now OP :mad:

GET HIM

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

Op killed Alan Rickman

MOds??
That's gotta be worth at least a 6 hour probation.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
op for what you did to alan rickman i will hunt you down

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Get a rope

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress YOU, OP.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

they are movies for children

if i was a child i'd probably like em

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
harry pothead lmao

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Harry Potter is for people too stupid to read Terry Pratchett.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
gently caress cancer !

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ban OP before they kill again

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

applewhite easily beats me to the exact goddamned joke I was about to make so instead I'll say something along the lines of "you should try reading terry pratchett or something good" i don't know

Yes, Terry Pratchett, or something good

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you actually seem to care quite a bit, and seem butthurt about it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

dad gay. so what posted:

you actually seem to care quite a bit, and seem butthurt about it

do you think op is gonna have a meeeeelt doooooown

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nanomashoes posted:

Yes, Terry Pratchett, or something good

I don't know this guy's reading level so I just went for the next common denominator just above harry potter

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

do you think op is gonna have a meeeeelt doooooown

i think he has been melting down for a while now, but this is going to get ugly if he doesnt calm the gently caress down

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

I don't know this guy's reading level so I just went for the next common denominator just above harry potter

Pretty sure OP can't read, and is just hitting random keys and getting lucky

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The Harry Potter films had too much unironic teenage emo bullshit imo. At least terry pratchett knew that if you're going to do fantasy in this day and age you need to make it funny

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's always crazy nerd girls who love Harry Potter, I don't think I've ever met a straight dude who is like "man I like Harry Potter a lot"

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
who?? born in 87 here

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
nice meltdown, OP

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Ever notice how "Harry" sounds the same as "Hairy?" Anyways OP is retarded.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Y'know what always comes off as super cool and not insincere at all?

When someone makes a thread specifically to have a conversation about how they don't care about a thing

see, most of the time when people don't care about something they don't go out of their way to talk about it

when this rule is broken Alan Rickman dies

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Okay someone who actually read the books and will dare admit it answer me one question: If all those wizard people had ties to the British government, why didn't they just ask the Prime Minister to send a couple strike bombers and naval cruisers and tactically nuke the evil wizard and his whole army from dozens of miles away? Or provide SAS strike teams to back them up?

Pretty sure one squad of SAS with assault rifles would have made that last battle scene way the gently caress faster. But not as fast as an AC-130 overhead.

I don't know maybe it'd been smarter than sending in a bunch of school children with laser guns magic sticks.

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Look what you did op

Yeah gently caress you OP, now Hans Gruber is dead.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 14, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

loquacius posted:

when this rule is broken Alan Rickman dies

Yeah, gently caress the, op. His careless posting killed Alan Rickman who starred in my favorite Christmas movie ever (Die Hard) and the Harry Potter movies which were all pretty OK to great.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Okay someone who actually read the books and will dare admit it answer me one question: If all those wizard people had ties to the British government, why didn't they just ask the Prime Minister to send a couple strike bombers and naval cruisers and tactically nuke the evil wizard and his whole army from dozens of miles away? Or provide SAS strike teams to back them up?

They didn't :confused:

They had their own special shadow government specifically for Wizard poo poo, I don't think they interacted with the actual British government at all

Plus most of the rules of their society revolved around making sure non-magic people didn't know about their existence, which means they had to deal with their own poo poo themselves

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

They didn't :confused:

They had their own special shadow government specifically for Wizard poo poo, I don't think they interacted with the actual British government at all

Plus most of the rules of their society revolved around making sure non-magic people didn't know about their existence, which means they had to deal with their own poo poo themselves

The movies made it absolutely clear the Prime Minister was 100% aware of magic and the threat it posed.

I got dragged to literally all of them over the years. This point stuck with me because I seriously hoped they'd do something to help. Was that movie only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure one squad of SAS with assault rifles would have made that last battle scene way the gently caress faster. But not as fast as an AC-130 overhead.

Yeah gently caress you OP, now Hans Gruber is dead.

Because muggle technology won't work around magic, they addressed this in the Goblet of Fire. (Reeta Skeeter bugging story line)
Look at all these people missing out on Steven Fry's audio book narration.

• Locked thread