Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So I guess instead of waiting an extra week for releases, funimation and hulu are keeping simulcast anims behind a subscriber paywall for (hopefully just)the entire season. :smugjones: No candy store or snow white for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

At least I still have PSO2 and myriad colors phantom world. I can now learn what elements are bap-centric and watch commercials weekly.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
New episode of Dimension W was disappointing. It felt like they were just trying to hit all the plot points as quickly as they could.

Cutting out Kyoma's interactions with Mira made him amusingly dickish, so there is that.

Still liked the episode, but Loser's appearance had more build up in the manga. I guess the staff have a certain ending point in mind... but I hope they don't remove to much of the next few chapters.

Theowulv fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 17, 2016

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Second episode of Dimension W was great. Loser is the coolest.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dimension W number two was super good.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Living the hatoful dream...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

The second episode of Grimgar was fantastic. Level 1 goblin fights shouldn't be this intense. We jump between very relaxing fantasy slice of life and intense action, and I'm loving it so far. And the animation remains quite good.

I hope people don't miss the point of the last scene.

The OP reuses a lot of animation from the fight in the first episode, but goes over it with a watercolour filter and a style that sort of makes me forgive it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Grimgar is really good so far, looks like there's a fan translation of the LN's so I'm gonna check them out.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I'm gonna make a thread for Grimgar tomorrow, I'm feeling the hype. I'll include a link to the LN translations in the OP for anybody who is interested.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yeah wow, that episode was uh, pretty intense

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Reds posted:

The second episode of Grimgar was fantastic. Level 1 goblin fights shouldn't be this intense. We jump between very relaxing fantasy slice of life and intense action, and I'm loving it so far. And the animation remains quite good.

I hope people don't miss the point of the last scene.

The OP reuses a lot of animation from the fight in the first episode, but goes over it with a watercolour filter and a style that sort of makes me forgive it.

That goblin battle was insanely graphic, and I loved it. I think a lot of other shows of this genre try to impress upon you the sort of intensity of life or death battles(e.g. SAO) but lack the sense of presence. And I'm really thinking they brought someone in to tighten up the writing and to cut down some of the more cheesy parts

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I love how there's a full 4 minutes of sincere winding down time to communicate how much they've earned a moment's reprieve. that was a good part.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

!! I can't believe Grimgar also has a cat...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kinda weird that one of the most human and desperate fight scenes in recent anime history was against a goblin

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also i want to read that goblin manga they show in the preview

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

:siren: Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)
A-1 Pictures | Nakamura, Ryousuke | Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy | Jan 11, 2016
Why are we here? Why are we doing this? Before Haruhiro had realized what happened, he was surrounded by darkness. Why was he here? Where was here? Even now, he still didn't know. Those around him were the same as him, no one remembered anything other than their own names. And when they emerged from the darkness, the world that awaited them seemed like something out of a video game. In order to survive, Haruhiro forms a party with the others, learns fighting skills, and as a soldier in the reserve force, takes his first steps into the world of Grimgar. What awaits him there, he doesn't know...
Links:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gundam: IBO 15: :stonk:

Dimension W 2: :stonk:

Grimgar 2: :stonk:

Hell of a Sunday.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Schwarzes Marken sure has a fripSide OP

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
very subtle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, time to watch Grimmgar

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Agronox posted:

very subtle

thats a nice gobs :mrgw:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gomenasai

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

thats a nice gobs :mrgw:

she's got the gobs, moe mage's got the baps

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
lotta rear end this season

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
boom boom boom's new Kirby avatar has increased the readability of his posts by 115%.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing about Dimension W - is 'I will take revenge on New Tesla via flashy superscience because they killed my wife' going to be a once-an-episode thing or something? Is there, like, a special graveyard for all these dead wives? Support groups for recently-bereaved mad scientists?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
wish they'd spread out the decent shows more. so many dead days during the week, so much to watch on sunday

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, Grimgar is super chill and has really intense fight scenes. Kinda felt sorry for the goblin (man it just wanted to stay alive so badly), and I'm already starting to like total jackass Ranta and his quite reflection on murder!

Totally on board with this

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Grimgar is good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Count me in on 'felt sorry for the goblin. that shot of the big sword dude washing goblin brains off his sword :gonk:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Grimgar bringing life to the old D&D joke about the PCs being murderhobos. I guess that little guy was a level two mob? At least i think that was a "2" on his necklace.

It's real good, hope it keeps up.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Gundam: IBO 15: :stonk:

Dimension W 2: :stonk:

Grimgar 2: :stonk:

Hell of a Sunday.

Right there with you, goddamn.

a kitten posted:

Grimgar bringing life to the old D&D joke about the PCs being murderhobos. I guess that little guy was a level two mob? At least i think that was a "2" on his necklace.

It's real good, hope it keeps up.

The contrast between the bright colors of the world they're in and the loving brutal combat we've glimpsed thus far is really making that brutality stand out. I'm loving hooked. All it needs is a better OP...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6sEkTGbUc

:hellyeah:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If games have taught me anything, that has the best stats on it.

Get a pair for the whole team if it has +accuracy :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is IBO turning into one of the old kill-em-all gundams? I might not watch it if so.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Is IBO turning into one of the old kill-em-all gundams? I might not watch it if so.

Not yet, and I'd be surprised if it happened.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Uh, so Bubuki Buranki turned out to be really good out of nowhere, and also a surprise mecha show. I really like the characters (except for the rear end in a top hat leader), and the CGI is really good-looking.

Angry glasses girl is the coolest:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 17, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Droyer posted:

Not yet, and I'd be surprised if it happened.

While I don't think it's going to end up like Victory, or something, it certainly feels like it has the most potential for things to go horribly wrong out of any recent Gundam series, maybe because it seems more grounded in the revolution stuff.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I'm going to have to keep watching Divine Gate, because if I don't who will?

It's got great visual backgrounds and good voices, but the story, script, world-building, characters and their designs all add together to make the show an utter trainwreck in all the worst and least-entertaining ways.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You could just not watch it if you don't like it.

• Locked thread