Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

torgeaux posted:

Is there a reason you can't do a square crop? I think it would look fine and kill the branch.

Yup, looks even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Your home dev suffers the same problem a lot of mine does. Dull colors with greenish skin tones and purpley shadows. I use the same kit and I wonder if it's a characteristic of the kit itself (doubtful because there are plenty of good examples online), incorrect temperature, or the scanning process.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

BANME.sh posted:

Your home dev suffers the same problem a lot of mine does. Dull colors with greenish skin tones and purpley shadows. I use the same kit and I wonder if it's a characteristic of the kit itself (doubtful because there are plenty of good examples online), incorrect temperature, or the scanning process.

it could just be I hosed with it too much. I'm horrible at getting the colors right 75% of the time. Especially skin tone.

This is the same dev cycle (but this is ektar) and it looks fine. So I'm probably just loving it all up in post.

Pickin' by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Developed e-6 for the first time last night and I'm happy with the results. I definitely just suck at processing Portra 400. (hail satan)

Chi by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 30, 2015

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Went to go help do some sandbagging along the Mississippi today, brought my camera along and took a few shots.

Sandbagging by Justin Cowart, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

What is going on here? Ritualistic drowning?

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

elgarbo posted:

Wet N' Wild Wilderness Waterboarding Weekend?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

elgarbo posted:

Ritualistic hair washing. Photo kept grabbing me because of how sinister it feels.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

iSheep posted:

Ritualistic hair washing. Photo kept grabbing me because of how sinister it feels.

That smile on the woman in the back looks pretty sinister. Could just be the angle.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Nice. Hot shoe mounted flash hanging to the right since the camera is vertical? I tend to turn my camera the other way so I'm hanging it from my trigger hand, but then compose my shot to the left out of non-flash habit. I'm getting a lot of unbalanced pictures.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Nice. Hot shoe mounted flash hanging to the right since the camera is vertical? I tend to turn my camera the other way so I'm hanging it from my trigger hand, but then compose my shot to the left out of non-flash habit. I'm getting a lot of unbalanced pictures.

Thanks, but way less effort than that though, taken outside of a bar at night, light was just from some street light.

Cameras are fun at bars/while drinking. I'm hoping tonight I'll be able to snag a few keepers/not break my camera while drunk.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
1216 2 by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Reminds me of a Crewdson shot, just not as meticulously staged and lit. Nice mood.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Putrid Grin posted:

Reminds me of a Crewdson shot, just not as meticulously staged and lit. Nice mood.

Thanks!

Grandma's House by Tom Olson, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
My brother was in town.

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

The crop is too tight. It looks over-processed. Like you're trying to tell a story and they're not natural people.

Loosen the crop. A portrait can tell as much of a story from much further out than you're imagining.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not sure how I could have over processed it when all I did was a levels adjustment but ok.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Might mean you didn't do enough

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's a tad bit too red maybe.

As far as the crop, not much I can do. The shot wasn't that wide to begin with. I'm thinking about getting a wider lens for the Minolta I've been shooting these on anyway.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I agree that it's too tight but I think the processing is fine.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

iSheep posted:

Not sure how I could have over processed it when all I did was a levels adjustment but ok.

I think it's fine on second look. A second look without beer goggles.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I thought that was supposed to make things look better :(

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
I took pictures of people with cameras.

More here.

widunder
May 2, 2002

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

"Gotta go honey, some nerd is watching me through the window"

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

How stoned was he?

Speaking of getting stoned, I went into the woods with some new friends.

Into the Woods by Jason, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Was one of your friends a blue gel filter?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe the flashlight was yellow and thetzar chose the face colour for the white balance. maybe this was an enchanted wood. who can say...

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Helen Highwater posted:

Was one of your friends a blue gel filter?

yes. thetzar blue gelled everything except the subject

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I got portraits.

Untitled-33 by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

Image 2 by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

629000047-R1-E014 by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

I can't tell if my wife is unimpressed with the snow or unimpressed with me. Probably me.

Snow Bad. by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

She looks mad at you for shooting 6x9 and loving up the development so badly it looks like you're shooting 35mm half frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ansel autisms posted:

She looks mad at you for shooting 6x9 and loving up the development so badly it looks like you're shooting 35mm half frame

I knew it was something!