Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

:thurman:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lol if you think doobie could read a lease agreement, let alone understand what he was signing

WORDS.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BeefThief posted:

lol if you think doobie could read a lease agreement, let alone understand what he was signing

WORDS.

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

no doobie no

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what is gbs to me without my favorite thread series?

:smith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Avocados posted:

what is gbs to me without my favorite thread series?

:smith:
make your new favorite. don't grow old waiting for someone else to find you what you want. be the inspiration you want to see

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

dobbies food probably tripled the funeral home's business. what a creul irony

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Can someone explain oobie's og hous?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Doobie's table-to-grave culinary philosophy.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

DoomLazer posted:

Can someone explain oobie's og hous?

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
See the shores of our dogs fade away

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
And as I sat there, brooding on the old unknown world, I thought of Doobie's wonder when he first picked out the bunker with no range hood. He had come a long way to this money pit and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond Reform, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.

Doobie believed in fries piled high, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter — tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning —

So we beat on, froggers against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Maybe now the mods can come back!

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock

Be careful what you wish for doob

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I wish Doobie well

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

Maybe now the mods can come back!

we should ban soundmonkey so he can die with his legacy

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

What piece of equipment was it that Doobie was so passive about when he got ripped off by the guy who was suppose to deliver it to him. A freezer?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FIRST TIME posted:

What piece of equipment was it that Doobie was so passive about when he got ripped off by the guy who was suppose to deliver it to him. A freezer?

I think it was the coke machine?

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I love the "dad talking to son starting his first lemonade stand" tone goons took with doobie.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I am genuinely upset by this. Doobie was the lighthouse in the darkness when it came to star citizen. No matter how hosed up SC was and uncoming Doobie was there. A simple man from alabama with a hotdog shack and an aspiring auto business.

No matter what we could point to him and say "HAH look his kickstarter was as uccess! TWO YEARS TWO YEARS and going!" "Where's your star citizen? Wheres your god now?"

We can't anymore though, I wouldn't be surprised if Croberts had something to do with the buyout.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Howard Beale posted:

There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant redneck of some kind who never even considered mass production. Too stupid to prosper, too rare to go bankrupt.

we can't stop here! this is black country!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Perhaps it's not the ending to the Doob saga that goons wanted, but it's definitely the ending goons deserved (for funding him in the first place).

:ghost:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

It is incredibly funny to me that several idiot mods fought tooth and nail against all reason (and comprehension) to shut down doobie threads and drive the subject from the forums. Then within a few months of them making fools of themselves and getting de-moded, Doobie just goes and closes the shack on his own (under... ahem... doobious pretenses). And a cool mod that people actually like gets to preside over the closing chapter with humor.

Doobs knew, all the time he was watching over us, our guardian angel against bad mods. With the bad mods defeated Doobs can return to his home planet.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think SoundMonkey should be banned just to close out this Doob saga

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bradzilla posted:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

bradzilla posted:

offer him the chance to autoban first so he can at least choose to do the respectable thing and close it out with dignihahahaha

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 20, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BeefThief posted:

lol if you think doobie could read

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It's not over 'til the end of the week, at the very least.

This would be an ideal time to reboot my unlaunched shirt design: https://teespring.com/thedoobiestmaximas

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's not over 'til the end of the week, at the very least.

This would be an ideal time to reboot my unlaunched shirt design: https://teespring.com/thedoobiestmaximas

poop touching but cute.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Necros posted:

ban soundmonkey so he can die

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
:eyepop:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
:worship:

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Lol the look on the dogs face

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Can we Kickstart another racist Southerner? This time lets go with Mississippi or Missouri.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

BeefThief posted:

Doobie: Let's sign them leases, time to start my first year of hot doggin
Landlord: Actually, Doobie, with your credit and the economy the way it is, we're going to do it month-by-month.
Doobie: Oh, okay

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A fitting end to this epic saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Heaven gets another racist eatery along with Sambo's.

• Locked thread