Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I just heard about adult coloring books and im dying. Im actually dying. I asked the doctors to go ahead and pull the plugs... take me off life support. its not worth it anymore. It's over.

So as I take my last few ragged breaths I guess I'll try to find some pictures of GROWN ADULT PEOPLE coloring....in coloring books....what the. I'm hoping I find one where there is a table full of adults sitting around and their all coloring together and they have their tongues sticking out as they concentrate like a bunch of toddlers.

OH GOOD! GREAT! Theres an adult coloring book APP! For your iphone 6! Now you can color on the go! Smear your big fat soft sausage finger all over your stupid toy like a drooling baby finger painting with his own diaper doodoo.

And..and and I guess this is an adult coloring book PODCAST?? OR radio show?? WHo knows anymore nothing iis sacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I thought this was going to be sexy and am very dissapointed

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

why are his shoes on already

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I thought that's what paint by numbers was. Is that too difficult for these people?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
"if my husband can have an entire room dedicated to star wars dolls and video games then goddamit I can go back to enjoying coloring books"

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

They're really great for reducing anxiety which you could probably use, OP

Although I bet you laugh at yoga, herbal remedies, and positive thinking too so whatchagonnado :shrug:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I GET VERY ANGRY OVER THINGS PEOPLE DO IN THEIR OWN HOMES IN THEIR FREE TIME! RAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

go3 posted:

why are his shoes on already
businessmen back then had their wingtips surgically attached to their feet to be ultraprofressional

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

honestly I feel like the more noteworthy thing is that you somehow missed this cultural trend up until now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There's a deeper, more unsettling message in here about how people these days lack creativity and need to be told what to do and how to act, and that these books only serve to reinforce that.

At the same time are people so bored that they need to dig coloring books back up? I have a hundred video games I need to play and a hundred books I should be reading instead, I don't need to revisit coloring. At least make it like those wine & painting "classes" and sell each book with one of those little vodka bottles they serve on airplanes.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I got some for my daughter for Christmas. She is ten. The appropriate age for them. Real adults (not grown babby children) mspaint.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Retail Slave posted:

I GET VERY ANGRY OVER THINGS PEOPLE DO IN THEIR OWN HOMES IN THEIR FREE TIME! RAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!
man you would hate millennial.jpg

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
they're called ADULT coloring books... and there aren't even any titties? smdh

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Sorry OP, but there seem to be actual kindergardens that are rented out to "adults". I am sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

King of Bees posted:

I got some for my daughter for Christmas. She is ten. The appropriate age for them. Real adults (not grown babby children) mspaint.
i don't think you have the right to talk about what's childish and what isn't when you posted about digging through your old Roleplaying games at your parent's house

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

a regression classic

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

King of Bees posted:

MSPaint is extremely my poo poo

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why wouldn't you learn to paint or draw instead i mean seems like that would be a lot more interesting and creative than filling in pre-drawn lines with colors

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr Cheeto posted:

they're called ADULT coloring books... and there aren't even any titties? smdh

After a quick search on Amazon, it looks like there are literally hundreds of adult coloring books, so I'm thinking you could easily find some "adult" coloring books somewhere.

There are ones where you can color in swear words. I gotta get me one of those.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
did you hear about this from uyd. its already a couple years old

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My mom likes them and got some for christmas

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Its for people who want to fell artistic without having any talent or skill. Its like how men buy a screwdriver to feel manly.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Jukeboxblues posted:

Its for people who want to fell artistic without having any talent or skill. Its like how men buy a screwdriver to feel manly.

i fell so stong!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jukeboxblues posted:

And what's wrong with that, exactly? What about video games that make you feel like you're on an epic adventure while you sit there with a controller in your hands wiping cheeto dust out of your neckbeard?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Michaels Stores has a lot of these. More seem to be targeting a certain special audience.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Lets be fair here. "Adult" is not the target market here.

30 year old video game playing man child millennial "adults" are the target market.

Just dig out some of your old coloring books from the 90s, they're probably in the same parent's basement you're currently dwelling in anyway.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Are adult coloring books better or worse than adult forums posting??

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

i hope everyone dies soon

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

i like to color

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MrMoo posted:

Michaels Stores has a lot of these. More seem to be targeting a certain special audience.

you can find tons of these with a GIS search for "mandala". Actually really helpful for some people to kinda meditate and focus, especially the elderly or people with dementia

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

symbolic posted:

i don't think you have the right to talk about what's childish and what isn't when you posted about digging through your old Roleplaying games at your parent's house

I sold all of them to improtant collectors and now I'm rich and have a beautiful waifu and eat steak twice a week. Shows what you know.

Nooner posted:

MSPaint is extremely my poo poo

It's...it's a masterpiece!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey buddy, coloring books are just a way for the man to keep you down. Drawing within the lines? That's not for me guy, that's for squares daddy-o, ya dig? im an artist, I don't need some oppressive coloring book telling me what to do. *sips caramel macchiato, adjusts beret, pours can of black paint on marshmallow sculpture of bea Arthur*

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Retail Slave posted:

And what's wrong with that, exactly? What about video games that make you feel like you're on an epic adventure while you sit there with a controller in your hands wiping cheeto dust out of your neckbeard?
you seem to get really angry over banter

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Gone are the days where we could punch walls, kick poo poo over and drink our sorrows away.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A misanthrope posted:

i hope everyone dies soon

It's okay, rioters smashed their cerial bar.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
hahaha i just saw this for the first time two weeks ago and lo there were was hipster couple perusing the selection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

• Locked thread