Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
vinegar?
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I also spent some time living in Ireland where I was introduced to the concept of chinese curry sauce on chips which sounds hosed but let me tell you that poo poo is god tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just remembered and old smack head calling it double a. Anhydrous acetic acud would be triple a

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Acetic anhydride. Thata the heroin one

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I'll throw malt vinegar on emm if I'm getting the giant gently caress off box of fried poo poo from Long John's but aside from that ketchup already has vinegar in it so yes/no?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

el dingo posted:

I also spent some time living in Ireland where I was introduced to the concept of chinese curry sauce on chips which sounds hosed but let me tell you that poo poo is god tier

yea curry fries own

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Americab condiments are very good in the vinegar department. Vinegar based condiments and cigarettes from america are first class

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

i never have, but i am open to trying it. gently caress buying a whole bottle of malt vinegar just to try that out, though. what the hell else would i even use malt vinegar for if i didnt like it on fries?

idk what malt vinegar is but you can use plain white or brown vinegar no problem goodluck !

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

yea curry fries own

this is good poo poo on steak fries

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

katlington posted:

idk what malt vinegar is but you can use plain white or brown vinegar no problem

malt is the superior version, anything else is scrub poo poo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had plain white vinegar last night and it was no good. Thats for cleaning or whatever. Def want a nicer vinegar for eating

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im full of piss and vinegar, by god

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Drink Cheerwine posted:

im full of piss and vinegar, by god

funny way of saying Cheerwine

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Fluo posted:

:britain: fish and chips with salt and vinegar (vinegar here is default malt vinegar) :britain:

This is also a very local tradition in my native corner of :norway: - we learned it long ago from the British via trade across the North Sea. It owns.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

If your chips aren't smothered in so much salt and vinegar that it makes you gag to smell it then just loving lol

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I call 'em salty vinnie's. :smuggo:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
No, my ancestors bothered to win their wars so I wouldn't have to put up with that manner of bullshit

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

the great deceiver posted:

what in the gently caress are mushy peas and why would anyone ever want that

Mushy peas can actually be quite good. It's kinda like mashed potato but made from peas.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

That's the hardest I've laughed at 8 am on a Monday in a while

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Isaac posted:

Americab condiments are very good in the vinegar department.

Ah yes like 'cider' vinegar which has never seen an apple.

Otner
Dec 28, 2011

by Hand Knit
Buglord

Groke posted:

This is also a very local tradition in my native corner of :norway: - we learned it long ago from the British via trade across the North Sea. It owns.

Where? Just so I will know to avoid it.

e: Is it Kristiansund?

Otner fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 25, 2016

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
Malt for eating, white vinegar for cleaning.

I am partial to a pickled egg with my chips.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i use white vinegar for making sweet and sour sauce. also for cleaning.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

This thread makes me stomach hurt, just use mayonnaise and ketchup you weirdos

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When I get fries at a fry place like Boardwalk Fries I get vinegar, but when I eat fries as a side at a restaurant I use ketchup.

Had curry fries a couple of times and yeah they own bones.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Groke posted:

:norway: :hf: :britain:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

what in the gently caress are mushy peas and why would anyone ever want that

In Northern England and the Midlands they have it with fish and chips (aswell as gravy)

In Southern England they tend to put mint in it and make pea fritters

Tends to use marrowfat peas for mushy peas

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
Vine gar

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Vinegar is too watery for a dipping sauce. It's good as a salad dressing.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Kind of - I use Tabasco.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I will tolerate gross poo poo like mayo on chips if the alternative is something vile and wrong like molten cheese with onions.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I will tolerate gross poo poo like mayo on chips if the alternative is something vile and wrong like molten cheese with onions.

wow how can one person be so wrong

.random
May 7, 2007

Equal parts rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. I call it "soylt and vinegar."

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Whorelord posted:

If your chips aren't smothered in so much salt and vinegar that it makes you gag to smell it then just loving lol

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

notZaar posted:

Vinegar is too watery for a dipping sauce. It's good as a salad dressing.

thats not how you do it you loving mong

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

no but i should start, im a little bored of using sriracha instead of catsup (too sweet its made for children after all) and my digestive sys would prob be grateful...what kind of vinegar based condiment are u supposed to use?

i only order fries well done, only way to go imo

traditionally it's white vinegar but malt vinegar is loving awesome for fries too.

pro tip: vinegar your fries first then put some salt on them. the salt will stick better because of the vinegar.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Nation posted:

thats not how you do it you loving mong

Yeah it is, I drizzle on the vinegar and olive oil and toss the whole thing to coat all the veggies.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Isaac posted:

Theres a state in australia where a 'pie floater' is one of their things maybe south australia. Its mushy peas and mashed potato with a meat pie. Its like a takeaway version of a roast dinner.

That's thing taken from Yorkshire.

To do it right its a Hot Pork Pie floating on a tray of Mushy peas then with Mint Sauce. Its bizarre as hell and sounds really bad, but its actually really good and hard to beat for lunch on a cold winters day. Really requires a good Pork Pie though.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

feedmegin posted:

Ah yes like 'cider' vinegar which has never seen an apple.

Apple cider vinegar, otherwise known as cider vinegar or ACV, is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and has a pale to medium amber color. Unpasteurized or organic ACV contains mother of vinegar, which has a cobweb-like appearance and can make the vinegar look slightly congealed.

ACV is used in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrettes, food preservatives, and chutneys, among other things. It is made by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid. Bacteria and yeast are added to the liquid to start the alcoholic fermentation process, and the sugars are turned into alcohol. In a second fermentation process, the alcohol is converted into vinegar by acetic acid-forming bacteria (acetobacter). Acetic acid and malic acid give vinegar its sour taste.[1]

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

www posted:

ive seen a worrying trend of mayonnaise being an acceptable condiment for fries, what is going on

loving Belgians, that's whats going on.

• Locked thread