Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Modern day pollsters are well known for going door-to-door with briefcases while wearing 1960's business attire.

Shows what Glen knows. Poll firms are actually stuck in the early 90's.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

of all the people i expected to be a flat earther, famous rapper B.o.B was definitely not anywhere on that list

i guess he really is out of his loving mind

Well, after arguing with Neil DeGrass Tyson over it he put out a song that includes a reference to David Irving. I guess conspiracy theories are like potato chips, you can't believe just one.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Yessssss

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Keiya posted:

Cell phones DO NOT use satellites for communication!

Sure they do.

If you count receiving GPS signals.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

World Famous W posted:

Another avatar.

Been enjoying making all these. Learned a bit about paint.net.

Edit: Slight correction.

Needs Hobbes in the back.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, I wasn't expecting a pro drug legalization cartoon from him.

drunk duck thinks "drug related violence" describes violence solely caused by the drug's psychoactive properties and not the climate surrounded by its illegality. A good more proof drunk duck is retarded cartoon

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Needs Hobbes in the back.
Ok

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Oh man, someone buy that. I want to see it frequently.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Closer than Prickly City ever got.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Man. This joke was a lot funnier when it was done on Blackadder.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

There was a town hall tonight!

Bernie

Bernie

MOM

MOM

Hillary

Hillary

Tenlaes is so amazing. Disney, hire this woman!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Really needs to work on putting a space between her Ls and Is. You know, so it's HILLARY CL INTON, rather than, uh...

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Somfin posted:

Really needs to work on putting a space between her Ls and Is. You know, so it's HILLARY CL INTON, rather than, uh...

That's like in old Spider-man comics when censors prohibited using the words "flick knife" in case the ink bled into the paper

that story is probably apocryphal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nobodyssweetheart posted:

That's like in old Spider-man comics when censors prohibited using the words "flick knife" in case the ink bled into the paper

It definitely wasn't in the Comics Code: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/07/23/comic-book-legends-revealed-217/

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cruel and Unusual posted:

There was a town hall tonight!

Bernie

I guess Zaphod Beeblebrox has really gotten his political act together in his old age, but what happened to his other head?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Jurgan posted:

Paul Tsongas was a senator from Massachusetts and was rather popular in his home state. He was fiscally pretty conservative (this was common for Democrats coming off the Reagan years) and focused a lot of the deficit. "When asked why he did not have a tax cut plan like the other candidates, Tsongas famously answered, 'I'm not trying to play Santa Claus.' "The Boston Herald noted that his political philosophy had "far more in common" with Republican Mitt Romney (who crossed over to vote for Tsongas in the 1992 primaries) than with traditional Massachusetts Democrats like Ted Kennedy." "He once quipped, 'If anyone thinks the words government and efficiency belong in the same sentence, we have counselling available.'" poo poo, that last one's practically a Reagan quote- this guy was a Democrat? But apparently the biggest dig this cartoonist had was "he's boring."
I was always partial to Al Franken's Tsongas impression.

Thank you for doing these, they take me back.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Guns can be compared to drugs, and the NRA can therefore be compared to a bunch of addicts. AGC.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, look who is leading the charge

There are layers in this one. You've got your usual Payne IF GLOBAL WARMING WHY SNOW, but you've also got a dig on the EPA in there, because Payne's gotta be a water-carrying stooge for Rick Snyder after the Flint water crisis. No, see, it wasn't unelected Republican "emergency managers" who did Flint in, it was that drat EPA!

loving hacks.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

How does Allie know about my "Better than you" shirt

Does he also know about this one?

(oh, and that headline in question refers to a specious wingnut article that shat its pants concerning the data, big surprise)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Telnaes actually worked for Disney before getting into political cartooning.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Selachian posted:

Telnaes actually worked for Disney before getting into editorial cartooning.

:thejoke:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This rules.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

The Crotch posted:

Hotline Miami 3 lookin' good.

This and your new text is the balm after the :yikes: of Payne's "squeal with pleasure" comment about trucks.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

So might as well legalize all drugs then if it doesn't help.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

nobodyssweetheart posted:

How do you explain Clint Barton, then?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

re: global warming vs weather, I hate to say "our side does it too" but, well, even in this thread I've seen a lot of people say things like "ugh it's 60F on xmas stop denying global warming" and, well, the globe ain't 30F warmer. It's about 2 F warmer.

Global warming is very real and dangerous and almost definitely contributing to extreme weather and i support drastic action to curb it. But damnit every time we have a warm spell liberals everywhere are just as guilty of saying "if no global warming then why warm" , as conservatives are of saying "if global warming then why cold."

No no no we meant Thomas Hobbes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RagnarokAngel posted:

So might as well legalize all drugs then if it doesn't help.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Note that their pants are out of shot.

Apologies for sloppy lettering, is there any way to clean it up in paint.net, or am I better off just using a font next time?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 lol @ Trump's face
2 Plucky lil Bruce Rauner
9 Loving these caricatures :3:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

1 lol @ Trump's face

subparslam.jpg

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

colonel_korn posted:

2 Plucky lil Bruce Rauner

I am not looking forward to the next teacher's strike :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I get this is a weird "A thing happened" cartoon, but I love snowman Cruz's melting face, even if it's a Varvel cartoon.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

D.N. Nation posted:

subparslam.jpg

What in the heck is he referring to anyway?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

xthetenth posted:

Trump said a thing which is apparently not the correct way to cite scripture.
I love that it's apparently the dastardly MAINSTREAM MEDIA trying to make a thing of this rather than Branco's hero Ted Cruz.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

xthetenth posted:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

I was curious too. Since it was Branco, I just assumed it was a "Haha, you see, Trump said something dumb, but it is actually Obama who is the dumb. Take that libs. :smuggo:"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

xthetenth posted:

On the campaign trail in 2008 Obama flubbed and said that he'd visited 57 states instead of 47 states. Conservatives have harped on the comment for the LAST. SEVEN. loving. YEARS.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

On the campaign trail in 2008 Obama flubbed and said that he'd visited 57 states instead of 47 states. Conservatives have harped on the comment for the LAST. SEVEN. loving. YEARS.

For the longest time, wingnut oneupsmanship boiled down to:

"Yes, Herman Cain's tax plan is actually insane but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, Rick Perry couldn't count to three but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, Sarah Palin couldn't remember what newspapers she read but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"
"Yes, ______________ said ________________ but OBAMA SAID 57 STATES!"

It's legitimately been a while since I heard a 57 states crack, but leave it to Branco to keep playin' the deep cuts. Hey, Branco, you didn't build that what difference does it make bitter clingers if you like your 57 states you can keep your 57 states dijon mustard arugula Obama ate a dog.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Ain't nothin' wrong with a mustard dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Keep in mind this was after eight years of poo poo like "Is Our Children Learning?" and "Fool me once and you.. can't get fooled again" so conservatives were DESPERATE for a chance to turn the tables so they literally seized on the first verbal flub Obama made. That they've never been able to latch on to something better after eight years is slightly telling.

• Locked thread