Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Compared to Nintendo's stuff, it's brilliant. The Vita store front is also just very straight-forward and easy to use, probably because being a dead console, it hasn't gotten clusterfucked by marketing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I dunno about you, but my download list in both the 3DS and U are pretty all right and I own tons of digital stuff. And I can buy things without a $5 / 5€ spending minimum.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They removed the minimum spending thing sometime last year I'm pretty sure (in the UK at least)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna make some stuff for this thread's OP instead of another thread, how everyone's cool with that

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

bloodychill posted:

Compared to Nintendo's stuff, it's brilliant. The Vita store front is also just very straight-forward and easy to use, probably because being a dead console, it hasn't gotten clusterfucked by marketing people.

The only Nintendo storefront that's bad is the way they handle Theatrhythm DLC purchasing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

They removed the minimum spending thing sometime last year I'm pretty sure (in the UK at least)

Yeah, that's been gone for at least a year, maybe more.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

I'm gonna make some stuff for this thread's OP instead of another thread, how everyone's cool with that

:yeah:

I don't know why you'd remake the thread when you can just edit the OP. This thread is okay.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Agrias120 posted:

As a general PSA to anyone who might not know, this is a fantastic remake paired with a phenomenal translation. If you like Tactics Ogre games, or FFT, or strategy/tactics RPGs in general you should hop on this. There's a ton of content there, too, with branching story paths, etc.

Goddam, I wish I had the patience for SRPG's so I could get into Disgaea and Tactics Ogre. drat my broke brain :saddowns:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:yeah:

I don't know why you'd remake the thread when you can just edit the OP. This thread is okay.

That's what I decided on when I realized I didn't care enough to make a thread but still wanted to put some stuff up for new Playstation Vita owners

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Baal posted:

Yeah sure just PM me it or whatever.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Saoshyant posted:

I dunno about you, but my download list in both the 3DS and U are pretty all right and I own tons of digital stuff. And I can buy things without a $5 / 5€ spending minimum.

The download list on my 3DS is fine but downloading DLC on many Nintendo games on both the 3DS and the WiiU is a pain in the rear end. For example, someone already mentioned Theatrythm which is comically terrible but I've also found the estore on WiiU doesn't know if I've downloaded DLC or not. First noticed with Pikmin 3 and ran into it again with Mario Cart 8.

From a usability standpoint, the estore is incredibly sluggish.

If you lose your 3DS or it is stolen, reclaiming your account and downloads is far more of a pain in the rear end than it should be because purchases are tied to the device.

Basically, the only thing that is flat-out bad about PSN is the download list but for Nintendo there is a host of annoying things.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure to copy/paste Policenaut's giant game list

I'm pretty sure it helped me during that dark time of my life where I was deciding whether or not to buy a Vita

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

bloodychill posted:

Mario Cart 8.

Oh god.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Autocorrect just destroyed my gaming cred :smith:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

You had made a good argument, but alas.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

bloodychill posted:

You're a loving disgrace.

e: I totally agree with your original point to actually add to this conversation or something. The list on Vita is absurd. How hard is it for them to add a goddamned filter to filter out things it can't play. Beyond that it's waaaayyy better than the eshop though.

ddogflex fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 26, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What are some good upcoming games?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Trails of cold steel 2

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Mithaldu posted:

When sleeping your Vita, always hit the home menu button first. PSP games particularly remain running even with the screen off if you sleep the vita in the game itself.
Play PE3 instead. It's actually pretty good on the vita due to the extra stick.

That is a cruel cruel joke.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Necrodancer
God Eater 1 & 2
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Odin Sphere Leifthraisir

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Oh right I forgot about God Eater, when is that coming out?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

lets hang out posted:

Trails of cold steel 2

Why do people skip over this when people say it? ToCS is rad. ToCS 2 will be rad 2.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

InfinityComplex posted:

Oh right I forgot about God Eater, when is that coming out?
They only said it's a Summer release and I'm not sure if they're going to release them at the same time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ddogflex posted:

Why do people skip over this when people say it? ToCS is rad. ToCS 2 will be rad 2.

There's no release date yet beyond "this year."

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

ddogflex posted:

Because it's a super-niche JRPG series especially outside of Japan.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ddogflex posted:

You're a loving disgrace.

e: I totally agree with your original point to actually add to this conversation or something. The list on Vita is absurd. How hard is it for them to add a goddamned filter to filter out things it can't play. Beyond that it's waaaayyy better than the eshop though.

No doubt, it's very dumb and was poor design from the get-go. To make matters worse, I've been running into a weird issue lately where if I try to scroll too quickly through that list, I'll get a network error and have to start from the top again. I'm approaching the point where I think there are around 400 entries on that list so it's... really annoying.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mithaldu posted:

Play PE3 instead. It's actually pretty good

Nuh uh.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

bloodychill posted:

No doubt, it's very dumb and was poor design from the get-go. To make matters worse, I've been running into a weird issue lately where if I try to scroll too quickly through that list, I'll get a network error and have to start from the top again. I'm approaching the point where I think there are around 400 entries on that list so it's... really annoying.

That annoys me to no end, I think it's also part of the authentication issues the Vita has in general connecting to the store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thete isn't even a Parasite Eve 3 anyway

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I sure wish they would make one. It would be a great addition to my dead gay handheld.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Pureauthor posted:

I have Trillion and Stranger of Sword City preordered and...that's about it.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Third Birthday plays so much better than Parasite Eve 2 it isn't even funny. Also, I'll take a hilariously bad plot over the yawn-inducing plot that is Parasite Eve 2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Thete isn't even a Parasite Eve 3 anyway

Maybe one day.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Stanos posted:

I have Stranger of Sword City preordered.

Oh, you are going to regret that one if you aren't absurdly patient.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It's adorable how upset goons get when you imply a game that didn't cater to their expectations may have merit on its own. :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

It's adorable how upset goons get when you imply a game that didn't cater to their expectations may have merit on its own. :allears:

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mithaldu posted:

I'm like literally shaking

It's cold tonight

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, you are going to regret that one if you aren't absurdly patient.

Experience Inc DRPGs aren't that dickish for the genre compared to older titles (or hell, dungeon travelers had more mean poo poo later on with pit traps and conveyor belt mazes). The only real addition from what I read was potential permadeath and eh I'm not wild on it but that's what saves are for. I do however find it comical they decided you don't have to take a thief/burglar type character but instead added another near essential character to replace it. With operation abyss you were going to have a bad time without an academic, in demon gaze you were forced to take the utility class as the main character and now it's 'okay we won't FORCE a class on you but here's a class that's really important for dungeon traveling and keeping morale up, have fun!' Also not wild on more underwater maps since it means item hoarding but the water levels were mercifully short so whatever.

Mainly curious whether the ninja or the samurai is going to be the option to snap the game in half this time. Or maybe it'll be a surprise class this time, who knows? Warrior's always been a dark horse in those titles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can we ban that smiley I hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Can we ban that smiley I hate it