Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

What about Phoenix Mode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57CVNKQju4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Clearly it can't be that easy if both GameXplain and Polygon died on it

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Gamexplain and Polygon got a game over cause they failed the mission objective (don't let the enemies reach a specific point), not because all their dudes died

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Gamexplain and Polygon got a game over cause they failed the mission objective (don't let the enemies reach a specific point), not because all their dudes died

I watched the Gamexplain one and the dude just let a Hoshidan walk up from the top right part of the map into the tiles you're supposed to defend. Meanwhile, he had Camilla near the boats killing far-away Hoshidans for 4 EXP a pop.

Seriously the weirdest decision making I've ever seen. He also narrowly dodged Elise dying to a 61% chance (not accounting for TH) once one of the barricades fell because he had her holding that chokepoint.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Some 3-2 playtesting. I've got Lachesis/Raquesis (the Hector unit right below Sigurd) in the perfect position... TO KILL HER BROTHER (she has a Rapier).

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 27, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tae posted:

If you're really dedicated and anti-localization, there are nutcases that are translating the game via source translation and are up to chapter 7 or something.

This is from a few pages back, but no, they've actually completely finished both birthright and conquest (though not IK or the DLC).

You either need a japanese copy of the game or Custom Firmware (i.e. have a <9.2 3DS, though you can and should downgrade your 3DS if you're below FW 10.3) though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

casual mode and the artstyle change definitely helped.

I preferred the radiance art style.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By the way, Fates finally has its full website up.

http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

as somebody who only has knowledge of fates from that website, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough girls in this game

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Camilla is all the lady you need, and more.

She is a purple-haired motherly knight who uses axes AND magic. That's wicked rad.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
please do not try to marry your sister

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Seagull posted:

please do not try to marry your sister

You can't stop me

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
someone just told me cordelia is caeldori now, lmao

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It's dumb but they needed an anagram of a long name I guess. Would have made more sense to name her after another Shakespeare character, but oh well.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
its almost like localization's job should have been to find another similar gimmick with their names instead of making really bad names

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
riceload clearly was the superior option, and the one 8-4 wouldn't have shied away from

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

By the way, Fates finally has its full website up.

http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/
I like how on the splash page, scrolling down gets your 3 boxes for DLC advertisements and one for a special edition console and only one for a cool new feature in the game.

"Beruka" is extremely engrish sounding too, what was wrong with going with Belka like everyone has called her since day 0?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like how on the splash page, scrolling down gets your 3 boxes for DLC advertisements and one for a special edition console and only one for a cool new feature in the game.

"Beruka" is extremely engrish sounding too, what was wrong with going with Belka like everyone has called her since day 0?

Japan doesn't like nukes.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Can Of Worms posted:

Some 3-2 playtesting. I've got Lachesis/Raquesis (the Hector unit right below Sigurd) in the perfect position... TO KILL HER BROTHER (she has a Rapier).

Oh neat, you're trying to port Fire Emblem 4 into Fire Emblem 7? I'd imagine you'd have to split up the maps into smaller ones due to memory limitations though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Can Of Worms posted:

The first time I played FE4, I totally blanked out on the fact that they were siblings and had to kill him.

It, ah, took a few tries.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

4chan/Reddit is having a total loving meltdown over facepetting, it's hilarious.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Fates might be even more censored in Europe - supposedly the two same-sex S rank supports are gonna be removed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/42xhlw/corrins_italian_name_different_censorship_for/

Although I'm still pretty skeptical about that source. Either way, I think it's gonna be a while before we have any official confirmation.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

The Shortest Path posted:

4chan/Reddit is having a total loving meltdown over facepetting, it's hilarious.

Look no further than this thread

Or the fates thread

Or the 3ds thresd

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

so am i

Dunban posted:

Fates might be even more censored in Europe - supposedly the two same-sex S rank supports are gonna be removed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/42xhlw/corrins_italian_name_different_censorship_for/

Although I'm still pretty skeptical about that source. Either way, I think it's gonna be a while before we have any official confirmation.

this is definitely not true though, the backlash would be loving cataclysmic.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dunban posted:

poo poo's fake.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Motto posted:

poo poo's fake.

I sure hope so.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dunban posted:

I sure hope so.

I mean there's no reason to remove them in the first place. You get rid of stuff in localization that you think your target market won't sit well with, and I'm pretty sure Europe's okay with the gays

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

First off, thanks to this thread for being better than the Fates thread.

Secondly, that thread can be remade for game discussion a week before release date.

Third, do not let this thread get as bad. I will start probating hard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude, it's an incredibly vague reddit thread that happens to come right on the heels of another big controversy

if it had happened before now or a couple of weeks from now i'd at least think about it, but the timing is way too perfect for someone who wants to add fuel to the fire

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

First off, thanks to this thread for being better than the Fates thread.

Secondly, that thread can be remade for game discussion a week before release date.

Third, do not let this thread get as bad. I will start probating hard.
im sorry you had to read the post from the dude who wants to gently caress the gardevoir

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Do not trust anything from reddit unless it has some sort of reliable backup, especially in cases like this.

(Kotaku being 'reliable backup' is debatable.)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Raserys posted:

Look no further than this thread

Or the fates thread

Or the 3ds thresd

The complaints here have been relatively minor, not people boycotting the game and sending rape threats to a totally unrelated employee of the company doing the localization.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Erg posted:

I mean there's no reason to remove them in the first place. You get rid of stuff in localization that you think your target market won't sit well with, and I'm pretty sure Europe's okay with the gays

Well, Italy isn't, which is the whole problem.

I'm leaning towards it being fake as well, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sending rape threats to a totally unrelated employee of the company doing the localization.
jesus christ

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

sending rape threats to a totally unrelated employee of the company doing the localization.

what

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am going to assume that was just a theoretical exaggerated example and not something that actually happened because I like having faith in humanity.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nah there have been 4chan threads about her since early yesterday, many of which have contained some pretty awful poo poo. I think she also got blamed for something else recently too? I don't exactly keep up with the horrifying subhumans that use 4chan.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm excited for the long awaited return of the orange star advisor in the next advance wars, and also marrying sami to unlock even buffer infantry

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

People got really mad at a female employee of Treehouse and accused her of being the one that forced them to make any and all changes even though she isn't actually working on Fates. I think it was Alison Rapp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Well there's your problem