Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The Colonel posted:

yeah iirc that stuff is just tied into healing, so you won't need to rub your face in any titties as long as you're a skilled player

So if I'm too good at games I actually will have to dumb myself down to motorboat some titties. Wow Thanks Obama-san

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saint Freak posted:

So if I'm too good at games I actually will have to dumb myself down to motorboat some titties. Wow Thanks Obama-san

The titties are here to help you, to make you stronger. Once your skills have exceeded a certain level, you will no longer have need of the titties. Their purpose will be fulfilled, for just a moment, and they will move on to help someone weaker than you, as they have done many times before

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

I love the entire game's premise is "Aw poo poo we gotta be cool, girls are watching!"
tbh that kinda humor bugs me but if there's playable girls too then im down

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

SpacePig posted:

opening the game with a "boy and girl fall down, girl lands on boy, girl gets mad at boy forever" bit is incredibly stupid

While that bit is incredibly cliche, Alisa knows she reacted incredibly badly and wants to apologize over overreacting like she did, though she takes forever to do so due to her pride getting in the way. It also helps that they also solve this little kerfuffle pretty quickly anyways, compared to some of the other bits of in-fighting between Class VII.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, dark_titsminer, about that senran kagura cameo: it might not be dai.

paisen is also the nickname of murasaki's VA

and it could be a pun on 'oppai' and 'senpai', in which case it'd probably be kat senpai?

still could be dai, there's reason to expect her, but those two are in the running also. just letting you know.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Couldn't the cameo be from something that isn't Senran Kagura also?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not really big into the macho-super-manly-men-doing-manly-stuff thing so Upper really isn't for me but I hope it is a good game for the people who are.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So got 20$ on the PSN and noticed that Square is having a sale including Legend of Mana, when reading the description it says it plays on PS3 and PSP, but does not mention the Vita, will it work on the Vita?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really Pants posted:

let he who does not like a bad game, cast the first stone

There's no game I have enjoyed that I would call bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Couldn't the cameo be from something that isn't Senran Kagura also?
I mean, it could be, but what else would takaki be teasing a cameo from? Especially since the game already has Senran Kagura references in it (t-shirt with with asuka on it)

Unless it's an ikki tousen cameo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

I mean, it could be, but what else would takaki be teasing a cameo from? Especially since the game already has Senran Kagura references in it (t-shirt with with asuka on it)

I was thinking maybe Valkyrie Drive? I don't know any of the characters from that though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

If it's Ikkitousen I will import the game from Japan

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anora posted:

So got 20$ on the PSN and noticed that Square is having a sale including Legend of Mana, when reading the description it says it plays on PS3 and PSP, but does not mention the Vita, will it work on the Vita?

I've been playing it on my Vita TV.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just want that jerk to work on Half-Minute Hero 3 instead of focusing so much on boobs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am okay with him making Half-Minute Hero 3 with boobs. That's fine too. Just make it Half-Minute Hero 3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still have not played Half-Minute Hero 2 because I did not feel like HMH needed a sequel nor did it look particularly interesting

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

I am okay with him making Half-Minute Hero 3 with boobs. That's fine too. Just make it Half-Minute Hero 3.

There's already a mission in HMH2 where you have to destroy a goddess's clothes. You can be ridiculous, and that's super fun, but please, HMH is a good series, and I'm annoyed that he's ignoring it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

There's already a mission in HMH2 where you have to destroy a goddess's clothes. You can be ridiculous, and that's super fun, but please, HMH is a good series, and I'm annoyed that he's ignoring it.
he's probably ignoring it because it didnt sell very well

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

also, dark_titsminer, about that senran kagura cameo: it might not be dai.

paisen is also the nickname of murasaki's VA

and it could be a pun on 'oppai' and 'senpai', in which case it'd probably be kat senpai?

still could be dai, there's reason to expect her, but those two are in the running also. just letting you know.

I see. Still, Dai seems very likely considering she would fit perfectly in the setting of manly dudes beating the poo poo out of each other (and the idea of her motorboating some boobs is quite frankly, hilarious)

Then again, the game is made by the Kenka Bancho guys and they slipped a cameo from a bancho dude (I think it was from some manga?) as the final boss in Badass Rumble.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I do not understand why.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

I still have not played Half-Minute Hero 2 because I did not feel like HMH needed a sequel nor did it look particularly interesting

The sequel is not as good as the original but it's still a fun game.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I see. Still, Dai seems very likely considering she would fit perfectly in the setting of manly dudes beating the poo poo out of each other (and the idea of her motorboating some boobs is quite frankly, hilarious)

Yes... Hilarious...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not really big into the macho-super-manly-men-doing-manly-stuff thing so Upper really isn't for me but I hope it is a good game for the people who are.

Who isn't into macho manly men :(

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell haven't we gotten any other Kenka Bancho games anyway, that PSP one fuckin ruled.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Light Gun Man posted:

Why the hell haven't we gotten any other Kenka Bancho games anyway, that PSP one fuckin ruled.

No one bought it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No one bought it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no one bought it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Well that sucks for them, they'll never get to high five a shark.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I bought it. I am no one, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

Desperate, Odysseus conceived a plan. To begin with, he offered the mod hometown. This was especially potent hometown. which he and his men had brought ashore in vita games. The Japanese customarily mixed life with their hometown to dilute its strength. But the mod had never seen hometown before, diluted or not, and it went straight to his vita. Before he conked out, he asked Odysseus his name.

"Nobody," replied the hero.

"Well, Mr. Nobody, I like you," said the mod drowsily. "In fact, I like you so much that I'm going to do you a favor. I'll ban you last."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Szurumbur posted:

:same:
Loved every second of it, though, and would play another one.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I was thinking maybe Valkyrie Drive? I don't know any of the characters from that though.

I would be very surprised if it was Valkyrie Drive, since that decision would have been made way before the game's release. I'd expect him to pick from a known property, and preferably one in which he won't have to pay licensing costs. Besides, Daidouji would fit in very well in Uppers, far better than any of the Valkyrie Drive characters (or, indeed, anyone else from Senran Kagura).

Takoluka posted:

I just want that jerk to work on Half-Minute Hero 3 instead of focusing so much on boobs.

...I could have sworn that Half Minute Hero 3 was already a thing that existed (albeit unlocalized), but Google is telling me that I'm wrong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Delusibeta posted:

I would be very surprised if it was Valkyrie Drive, since that decision would have been made way before the game's release. I'd expect him to pick from a known property, and preferably one in which he won't have to pay licensing costs. Besides, Daidouji would fit in very well in Uppers, far better than any of the Valkyrie Drive characters (or, indeed, anyone else from Senran Kagura).

...I could have sworn that Half Minute Hero 3 was already a thing that existed (albeit unlocalized), but Google is telling me that I'm wrong.

They did a Half-Minute Hero 1 pseudo-remake which is probably what you're thinking of.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

They did a Half-Minute Hero 1 pseudo-remake which is probably what you're thinking of.

I believe that's the one on Steam, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I believe that's the one on Steam, right?

Yep. They put it out on 360 and Steam. It changed all the other gameplay modes into Hero 30 style modes, added multiplayer and has a Flash Animation style "HD" graphical style that IIRC you can swap back and forth with the original retro style.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, did we just hit peak vita thread?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, I distinctly recall some talk of more Half Minute Hero around the time of the Steam launch of HMH2 depending on that doing well (spoilers: it didn't), with the implication of Half Minute Hero 3 being a thing that exists. Now that I've bothered to Google for it, all I've found is stuff on the Hero 3 mode from the original. So, guess I'm wrong. :shrug:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That is a pretty spectacular bug you've found there.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^ it was a forum-wide bug, possibly caused by deadmau5 (probably not but why not)

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

We will never be stopped.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

yukiko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Anora posted:

If you're still wondering, yes it is playable on Vita. I have it.