Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

GyverMac posted:

Soviet jokes are the best.

A man runs through the streets of Moscow yelling "Brezhnev's an idiot, Brezhnev's an idiot!"

He's sentenced to twenty years: Ten for insulting the Premier, and ten for revealing state secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Two men are standing in line for bread. After two hours they have moved twenty feet, and one man starts stomping away furiously. The other says "Where are you going?"

"I have had it, I can't go on like this! I am going to assassinate comrade Stalin!"

"No, don't! You'll never make it!"

"I don't care! I will give my life for my country!" And off he goes.

Two days later, the line has gone forty feet and the man comes back.

"What happened? I thought you were going to kill Stalin or die trying."

"I was. I made my way to Moscow, bought a gun, and bribed an official for the location of an unguarded back entrance to the Kremlin. I snuck there in the dark of night, ready to do the deed."

"And?"

"This line was shorter."

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Dec 12, 2015

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
A flock of sheep approached the border checkpoint. The guard approaches them and asks;

"Where are you all going?"

"We are fleeing the country because Stalin has outlawed all elephants!"

"But you are sheep, not elephants!"

The lead sheep snickers bitterly and says; "Yeah, try telling that to the secret police..."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Why are children like cell phones? Because if you've lost one, and it's been a few days, chances are pretty good that it's dead.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Under capitalism, man oppresses man. Under communism, it is the other way around.

~~~~

A Frenchman, a Brit, and a Russian are admiring a painting of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. The Frenchman says, "they must be French, they're naked and they're eating fruit." The Englishman says, "clearly, they're English; observe how politely the man is offering the woman the fruit." The Russian notes, "they are Russian, of course. They have nothing to wear, nothing to eat, and they think they are in paradise."

~~~~

Stalin visits a prison. The prisoners are line up and Stalin greets them: “Greetings, comrades criminal offenders!”
Prisoners reply: "Greetings, our heroic leader and teacher!"

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Hogge Wild posted:

knock knock

whose their?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grillfiend posted:

whose their?

ur mum

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I like to sit and try and make puns from time to time, so here's my contribution to a great thread.

The river saw some humans, and thought "Well, I'll be dammed"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Greggster posted:

I like to sit and try and make puns from time to time, so here's my contribution to a great thread.

I like this, it's cute.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My friend's dad made this up the other day:

Why is your uncle so hard to see?

Because he's not apparent.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Greggster posted:

A soldier was contemplating destroying a strategic dam, that would wipe out a city if destroyed, but knew it would kill many civilians, after confiding in a fellow soldier he replied "damned if you do, dammed if you don't".

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pththya-lyi posted:

My friend's dad made this up the other day:

Why is your uncle so hard to see?

Because he's not apparent.

This is a great dadjoke.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Did you hear about the two guys who were trying really hard to get high and eventually succeeded?

It was a joint effort.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dam you guys, there was a great dam joke in an LP I just watched and it probably won't survive the transition to something that can be told. Here goes nothing.

Did you know that a large number of people died building the Hoover Dam? That's actually the secret of its power; it's not hydroelectric...

...it's powered by the souls of the dammed.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

AlphaKretin posted:

Dam you guys, there was a great dam joke in an LP I just watched and it probably won't survive the transition to something that can be told. Here goes nothing.

Did you know that a large number of people died building the Hoover Dam? That's actually the secret of its power; it's not hydroelectric...

...it's powered by the souls of the dammed.

The Coolguye/RoboKy/Orv Dishonored LP is really the best.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Bonnie Tyler GPS is terrible. It keeps telling you turn around and every now and then it falls apart.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ddraig posted:

The Bonnie Tyler GPS is terrible. It keeps telling you turn around and every now and then it falls apart.

Literally posted on the last page.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She doesn't even sing the turn around line.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
He should have kept the GPS.

They'll never be wrong together

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Which American president was least guilty?

Lincoln. He was in a cent.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Carbon dioxide posted:

Which American president was least guilty?

Lincoln. He was in a cent.

For some reason that came into my mind with Louis CKs voice, and that's not even his kind of joke at all. Weird. I laughed, though, good job!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Snapchat A Titty posted:

For some reason that came into my mind with Louis CKs voice, and that's not even his kind of joke at all. Weird. I laughed, though, good job!

I can imagine him yelling the last part, like he was yelling at (or as) his kids

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Did you hear about the actor who sat on a dictionary?

It was meant to be a play on words.

Katyiah
Aug 10, 2009
Ask me why I'm not running.
How does a woman hold her liquor?

By the ears

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
There was a man who was heading for work, and was going over the speed limit. As he went over a bridge, a cop car came out, lights flashing, and pulled him over. The cop saunters over and asks, "What's your hurry?"

The man replies, "I don't want to be late for work."

"Oh?" the cop asks. "And what do you do that's so important?"

"I'm a rectum stretcher." the man says.

"A rectum stretcher?" the cop asks, incredulous. "What the hell is a rectum stretcher?"

"Well," the man says, "I start off by inserting one finger, then insert two, then three, then four, then my whole hand. After that, I wiggle it around until I can get both hands in, and then I stretch and stretch, until it's six feet wide."

"And what do you do with a six-foot rear end in a top hat?" the cop asks.

"You give him a radar gun and put him behind a bridge."

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Zemyla posted:

There was a man who was heading for work, and was going over the speed limit. As he went over a bridge, a cop car came out, lights flashing, and pulled him over. The cop saunters over and asks, "What's your hurry?"

The man replies, "I don't want to be late for work."

"Oh?" the cop asks. "And what do you do that's so important?"

"I'm a rectum stretcher." the man says.

"A rectum stretcher?" the cop asks, incredulous. "What the hell is a rectum stretcher?"

"Well," the man says, "I start off by inserting one finger, then insert two, then three, then four, then my whole hand. After that, I wiggle it around until I can get both hands in, and then I stretch and stretch, until it's six feet wide."

"And what do you do with a six-foot rear end in a top hat?" the cop asks.

"You give him a radar gun and put him behind a bridge."

That punchline was not worth painstakingly crafting that joke around.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Dross posted:

That punchline was not worth painstakingly crafting that joke around.

To be honest, without the punchline I would have assumed it would have involved F.A.T.A.L. Or the Aristocrats. Or both.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Mel Brooks was speaking directly into my head as I read that joke, not bad.

What a schmuck. :cripes:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Y'know, I may as well tell that one FATAL joke I know.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
A penguin is driving through the desert when his car breaks down. Fortunately, he's able to get it towed to a mechanic. The mechanic tells the penguin it will be a few minutes before he can see what's wrong with the car.

So the penguin is waiting, and he sees an ice cream shop across the street. He waddles over and gets a vanilla ice cream cone. Of course, he's a penguin and he's got these little flippers, so he doesn't hold the cone too well and gets it all over his face.

The penguin waddles back to the mechanic. The mechanic looks out from under the hood and says "looks like you blew a seal." The penguin says "no, it's just ice cream."

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

WarpedNaba posted:

Y'know, I may as well tell that one FATAL joke I know.

Non-hotlinked version, because I actually laughed pretty hard when I tracked it down:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Cheers mate, could swear it showed up fine in the preview.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I quite like this Soviet joke:

Lenin is giving a speech in a barrack, when one of his soldiers sneezes. He asks, calmly: "Who sneezed?!"

No one responds. He says "First row. Stand up"
The first row stands up and Lenin orders them shot.
Still no one confesses. He says "Second row. Stand up."
The second row stands up and Lenin orders them shot.
Finally, getting impatient he says "Third row."
One small man at the back finally plucks up his courage. "OK, ok, it was me! I sneezed!"
Lenin give him a meaningful look as he approaches the man.

Lenin says "Bless you comrade." and resumes his speech.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I heard it as a Stalin joke, which makes it better because he would have actually done it, had the situation arisen.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

WarpedNaba posted:

Cheers mate, could swear it showed up fine in the preview.

If you have the image cached, you can see it even when it's hotlinked. :ssh:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

WarpedNaba posted:

I heard it as a Stalin joke, which makes it better because he would have actually done it, had the situation arisen.

Course, duh, mis-remembered.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
whos there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hogge Wild posted: