Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean drat it's just a tent why it gotta cost $300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Tarps are way better than tents IMO

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Buy a hammock instead!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just work on growing more body hair

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The last time I saw a Rei tent was in an evangelion vdieogame.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I have an REI tent in my pants.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Just don't go into the lovely outdoors like a filthy animal? :shrug:

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Just buy a $300 van and live in that instead. Use bucket for toilet, sink and bath.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dev286 posted:

Just buy a $300 van and live in that instead. Use bucket for toilet, sink and bath.

i knew i'd find a better solution here!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Boko Haram posted:

Tarps are way better than tents IMO

Bullet proof too

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

probably depends on whether or not you need a tent OP

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Fuckin millennials :argh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
just go on craigslist or something and buy that exact same REI tent that some faux-outdoorsy middle class suburban family bought for full price and used maybe once 5 years ago and has been sitting in their attic ever since

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
Get a membership if you shop there once a year. Go in on their "garage sale" days and get that $300 dollar tent for $100 because a grommet wasn't perfect.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Pro Cheapskate Tip: you can buy a bunch of camping stuff at REI then return it after you are done camping for the weekend.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

get camping hammock instead

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I have a tent, it inflates.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

buy a taint

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
yeah

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
No, but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrooming

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kuato posted:

Tents can also be used inside, such as in my parents' basement while I pretend to camp in Narnia or Pandora or Fallout to escape from the mind-crushing misery of my existence.

Basically when it comes to tents the only limits are your imagination!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

had a Ninja Turtles tent when I was a kid

it was a gift from my uncle because I was the ring bearer in his wedding

it was a dope tent

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I like kelty's tents, and they have any number of 2 and 3-mans for less than 300bux

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

you could just rent the drat thing from them instead of buying and deciding bugs are icky

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
buy one of those cool campers that you turn a crank and it lifts up, so it starts like 3 feet high but then its like 7+ feet high and u can sleep in it.

i bet even now they have battery powered ones w/motors. no more cranks.

they also have cool beds that fold off the side, feels like ur in a mag-lev bed

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

REI is kind of expensive but it's quality stuff and they'll let you return anything in almost any condition.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think you meant PEI, not REI. i think it would be too cold to live in a tent there for most of the year. hope this helps

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Kuato posted:

modern technology has really increased our options for playing video games in the woods, so it's not so bad

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

modern technology has really increased our options for playing video games in the woods, so it's not so bad

Hmmmm very compelling arguments made here. Can probably bring a generator and use hot spot on the phone.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Xaris posted:

just go on craigslist or something and buy that exact same REI tent that some faux-outdoorsy middle class suburban family bought for full price and used maybe once 5 years ago and has been sitting in their attic ever since

wallapop seems to be nothing in my area but bad decisions on Jordans and camping equipment.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
how long have u been homeless OP

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I take my tent and strap it to my motorbike

ride into the wind and the long hot highways south of the city

the black seal turns rough as the heavy trucks take their toll

i pull out my 54 revolver and shoot a man in the dick

suck his dick through one of those cardboard tubes in the middle of the toilet paper

--

motorcycle camper

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Buy a bivvy bag so when the rescue team finds you dead in the woods they won't have to waste a body bag.

naem
May 29, 2011

Just date 27 year old graduate students exclusively and sleep in her $300 tent (paid for with student loan money she'll never pay off) and try not to think about all the other guys who probably went down on her in it already

naem
May 29, 2011

Like you go back to her $3000 a month apartment and its spotlessly clean with a futon on the floor and like $15000 worth of arctic expedition level camping gear and 14 kinds of herbal tea

texasmed
May 27, 2004
big agnes makes a good tent. the more you pay, the lighter they normally are so they can be good if you're hiking out to somewhere. the best way to camp though, is to get a big giant tent and just set up next to somewhere you can park a car so you don't have to carry anything

get at least a 4 man tent so you can put your backpack and poo poo inside so snakes and spiders don't crawl up in there

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
women need to learn how to shut the gently caress up sometimes! if youre camping, and your husband zips your tent closed with a terrified look on hus face and says "be quiet", why the gently caress would u keep talking

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
If you are car camping just get whatever cheap bigass tent. If you are backpacking/hiking then yea get a nice tent. REI has a super generous return policy.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Like you go back to her $3000 a month apartment and its spotlessly clean with a futon on the floor and like $15000 worth of arctic expedition level camping gear and 14 kinds of herbal tea

Lol you can tell naem has been down this road a few times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

naem posted:

Just date 27 year old graduate students exclusively and sleep in her $300 tent (paid for with student loan money she'll never pay off) and try not to think about all the other guys who probably went down on her in it already

This is sound advice.

• Locked thread