Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacebump posted:

He was kicked out of LSU because his ex-teammate, Jordan Jefferson was coming over to his apartment and couldn't get into the gate. Instead of calling someone in the apartment, he basically attacked the gate, and then went into the apartment. Someone in the complex called the police and they showed up to the apartment where people were smoking weed. I wouldn't call that a train wreck.

It was more of a Josh Gordon sized train wreck where he just couldn't stop smoking weed. If I remember right (I might not be) the incident you're describing happened when Mathieu was trying to get back on the team from already being kicked off for failing a bunch of drug tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
A glimpse into the past ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJKBoDrGlA

"Whoever drafts Manziel will be gone in two years"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Grittybeard posted:

It was more of a Josh Gordon sized train wreck where he just couldn't stop smoking weed. If I remember right (I might not be) the incident you're describing happened when Mathieu was trying to get back on the team from already being kicked off for failing a bunch of drug tests.

That makes a little more sense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brannock posted:

Yeah, turns out that for every million dumb things said on First Take, there's one thing said that ends up being ridiculously accurate

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

There's reports now that he showed up to practice drunk on a Wednesday.

Has this been mentioned? It's hard to keep up.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Brannock posted:

i mean, skip bayless and all, but calling johnny football a franchise player and making GBS threads all over khalil mack in the same breath is amazing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, turns out that for every million dumb things said on First Take, there's one thing said that ends up being ridiculously accurate

hint: it's whenever someone disagrees with the hosts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm really not a Merri Hoge fan at all but that may be the most accurate thing he's ever said.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
say NFL, just say NFL, for the love of god say NFL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Magicpants posted:

say NFL, just say NFL, for the love of god say NFL

National

Football

League

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The nfl needs guys like this, as long as they aren't hitting women.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They have one, he's called Gronk.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
he dry humps female sportscasters tho

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

he dry humps female sportscasters tho

she was asking for it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
She literally asked.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Nail Rat posted:

His full quotes are at least a little bit more even-keeled (though not completely)

I mean, Johnny's the real problem, but by all accounts she's also an alcoholic so that's going to create a feedback effect of poo poo. Of course, Johnny can't really blame it on her seeing as he sought her out at that party apparently, which is why Deion has it wrong.
The internet is incredible. Every headline makes it sound like Deion Sanders blamed her, but when you read his quotes he never blames her. I am not sure if I am seeing his complete quotes, but what I saw makes it seem like he is saying "look, this relationship is no good for Johnny" which is true. He never blames her nor does he ever say anything Manziel did is OK.

Of course that doesn't get clicks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I am impressed you were able to contort what Deion said so effectively. You should be a PR guy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

In a way, isn't it sexist to not blame the girl?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am impressed you were able to contort what Deion said so effectively. You should be a PR guy.

Yea, Deion says the girl is the problem is much more accurate :rolleyes:

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Yaws posted:

There's reports now that he showed up to practice drunk on a Wednesday.

Has this been mentioned? It's hard to keep up.

It was talked about when it happened, but back then the popular opinion was that it was awesome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ribsauce posted:

From what I read yea basically.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
well it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it *straightens tie and looks into camera* Johnny Manziel Is Good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ribsauce posted:

This quote sounds really bad:

quote:

“Johnny’s in love,” Sanders told Cleveland.com on Thursday. “And Johnny’s in love with something that’s crippling him right now. I understand it. And it upsets me that grownups don’t understand it. Because he feels as though this game don’t love him, the people in this game don’t love him, so the only thing that he associates with love is that thing that’s really inflicting a lot of pain on him and that’s his girlfriend.”

This sounds better but also sounds a lot like "I didn't just say that thing I said"

quote:

“It’s hard to be a young kid,” said Sanders. “You have to go through these trials and tribulations to find yourself and that’s what he doing right now. He’s trying to find himself. And I empathize with him. Johnny’s girlfriend. That’s his issue.”

Sanders clarified, “I’m not saying she is the problem. I’m saying their relationship is inflammatory.”

And either way his relationship almost certainly isn't the root of everything bad with Johnny like Deion seems to be saying, he's been partying constantly since he was a redshirt freshman and it's obviously gotten to a point where it's screwing his life up terribly.

e: Although if his actual point is supposed to be these two people should be nowhere near each other I totally agree.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 6, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/695767988205543424
https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/695792167478890496

:siren: it might be happening

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jesus, is there no statute of limitations on this stuff?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe he will get the proper care when placed into the prison system! :laugh:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We're overdue for a low speed police chase of a former Heisman Trophy winner.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Frackie Robinson posted:

Jesus, is there no statute of limitations on this stuff?

It's probably longer than a week

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's probably longer than a week

Look we can't all live in the past forever. Manziel has Cowboys training camp to prepare for.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

davecrazy posted:

We're overdue for a low speed police chase of a former Heisman Trophy winner.

Followed by a ten minute foot pursuit in which he slips like twenty arm tackles

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Allahu Snackbar posted:

Followed by a ten minute foot pursuit in which he slips like twenty arm tackles

quote:

In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he gets run over by a police cruiser and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Where is that from it's so beautiful

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Petite Dinklage posted:

Where is that from it's so beautiful

poll

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Anyone else notice that poll option looks like a dick

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

old dog child posted:

Anyone else notice that poll option looks like a dick

See your doctor.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

See your doctor.

I'm half Asian so it looks familiar

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

old dog child posted:

I'm half Asian so it looks familiar

Actual size?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
As someone whose alcoholic biological father tried to choke his mother to death on a few occasions, this doesn't completely surprise me.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Probably Magic posted:

As someone whose alcoholic biological father tried to choke his mother to death on a few occasions, this doesn't completely surprise me.

Oh hey, child of domestic abuse bro! :aaaaa::hf::raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Kirios posted:

I'm really not a Merri Hoge fan at all but that may be the most accurate thing he's ever said.

You certainly can't argue against Johnny being a Factor Back.

• Locked thread