Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

In the sense that david cameron tweeting "man I feel bad about them refugees" offers succour to those in calais, yes.

So the tweet wasn't honest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More in the sense that tweeting isn't a very effective form of support.

I mean I feel pretty confident that corbyn doesn't think that rape is good, and that isn't the point of his tweet, but if you object to his tweet on the basis it constitutes material support for something you disagree with, I would suggest that tweeting doesn't actually do anything.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I didn't think Corbyn thought rape was good either.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Then I suppose we're in agreement?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If what you say is true then it doesn't bode well for Corbyn's strategy of engaging with disengaged voters through social media.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

I think you people would look sympathetically on FGM if Corbyn said we should consider offering it on the NHS.
I don't think the NHS should offer any ritual genital mutilation.

Probably not any ritual mutilation in general.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He just said he met them, not that he likes or supports them.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He said it was 'excellent'?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

He said it was 'excellent'?

The rally, not the people within

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

If what you say is true then it doesn't bode well for Corbyn's strategy of engaging with disengaged voters through social media.

If Corbyn's plan for winning the GE involves nothing but tweeting at people by himself every once in a while then yes I would agree that it's not very effective.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The rally was excellent and he met some people, that's all the tweet says.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

MrL_JaKiri posted:

How much differentiation do you know?
Not enough to understand most of your post :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's good, that corbyn is against extradition to the US, and is willing to communicate with groups who are also against it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Why does pissflaps support Guantanamo and human rights abuses?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

baka kaba posted:

I'm not sure he supports that, he's just very pro extradition

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

The rally, not the people within

Oh. The rally was excellent. Meeting the people taking part in it was bad. I understand now.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

baka kaba posted:

Hmn Rgts

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hymn Regiments?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

If Corbyn's plan for winning the GE involves nothing but tweeting at people by himself every once in a while then yes I would agree that it's not very effective.

Then it seems we agree on this also.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Oh. The rally was excellent. Meeting the people taking part in it was bad. I understand now.

He didn't say that. Jeremy corbyn has yet to offer a public opinion regarding the people.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

He didn't say that. Jeremy corbyn has yet to offer a public opinion regarding the people.

This isn't a very compelling argument.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
'Had a lovely time at the Nuremburg rally. Met Hitler.'

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

forkboy84 posted:

I'm looking forward to a minimum of 3 pages of people refuting the claim that Corbyn doesn't support rapists when I come back from the football.

You are truly the Cassandra of our times.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Sometimes Jeremy Corbyn's cat farts

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Cat farts are now good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does he name the farts?

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Guavanaut posted:

Does he name the farts?

El Pedo.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

I accept that you don't like Corbyn. I don't agree, but there it is.

I do though, have a few questions about that tweet. Given that it's nearly four years old, how did you come across it now? Were you searching for "Corbyn + Assange" and that was the most 'damning' thing you found? Have you had it stashed away for four years just in case?

Since when does saying you meet someone imply support of them? If I were to say "Went to a great charity tug-o-war today, met a team of vicars and Jeffrey Archer" would you, knowing that I hate Tories, assume that I supported Archer because I met him? If not, what, in Corbyn's background or past behaviour makes you think that he'd support rape-fugitive Assange?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the city centre anti pegida thing is a bit weak, im heading to international to see what's going on there

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I didn't search for it. It appeared in my timeline.

Your comparison is a bad one. Jeremy Archer being present at a tug o war you enjoyed attending is coincidental. Assange supporters being at an anti extradition rally is not.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

If not, what, in Corbyn's background or past behaviour makes you think that he'd support rape-fugitive Assange?

His published support for a rally attended by his campaigners.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
well at least pissflaps has lost the custom title so when he spends fifteen posts working up to making a single point then i have to do a bit less scrolling

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

There's about 200 people at the junior doctor protest

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Someone else will have gone back and found it and retweeted it as a gotcha, same as pissflaps posting it in this thread.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

'Had a lovely time at the Nuremburg rally. Met Hitler.'

Good godwin, epic lack of decent counterarguments.

'Gonna infer from a four year old tweet that corbyn supported a rapist and continues to do so'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

Good godwin, epic lack of decent counterarguments.

'Gonna infer from a four year old tweet that corbyn supported a rapist and continues to do so'

It's an elegant response to the mental contortions some of you get in to to justify the stuff that gobshite comes out with.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I've never seen so many police so co concentrated

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I didn't search for it. It appeared in my timeline.

Your comparison is a bad one. Jeremy Archer being present at a tug o war you enjoyed attending is coincidental. Assange supporters being at an anti extradition rally is not.

His published support for a rally attended by his campaigners.

That's fair enough if it just popped up from someone retweeting it, I didn't really think you were some obsessive nutter.

If you're saying that Corbyn's "published support for a rally attended by his campaigners." is a good indicator that Corbyn supports Assange (which I don't necessarily agree with, presumably it was a public event, all kinds of people would have attended, some you'd support, some you wouldn't), doesn't that show that Corbyn might support Assange's fear of being extradited to the US, not Assange's bail absconding?

Is that what you meant by "Corbyn sports Assange"? I don't want to assume you meant that "Corbyn supports Assange skipping bail and refusing to answer the rape allegations", because your initial post was vague.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The tweet explicitly mentions guantanamo, Corbyn was heavily involved in the campaign to free Shaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Went to a rally protesting US extradition attempts against various whistleblowers, a US imprisonment camp where prisoners are held for a decade without trial, and human rights abuses in general. I have no comment in case someone reads a different context into it four years in the future

• Locked thread