Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

As I predicted, healthcare.gov sent me a letter saying I haven't supplied enough proof of my income.

They have all of my tax documents, plus my tax return. I don't know what more I can possibly provide at this point, I've provided everything that I gave the IRS. It was enough for the IRS to send me a check for almost $1700. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

NitroSpazzz posted:

Selling stuff sucks, agree completely. I just ignore the low ball text offers which ends up being at least 75% of them then another 20% are scams. Had a surprisingly smooth transaction selling a Kriega pack last week but the adjustable dumbbells I have listed get nothing but poo poo offers and scams. Listed the WR250x yesterday but it looks like a goon might be buying that which would be nice. 928 is going to be a pain in the rear end I just know it.

drat..you just gave me a thought. I never list a number because I don't technically have a burner #...but I do have a second line that I don't use for ANYTHING that is technically work related, but work uses my primary cell... I should just list that #. Might make things easier.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ssjonizuka posted:

drat..you just gave me a thought. I never list a number because I don't technically have a burner #...but I do have a second line that I don't use for ANYTHING that is technically work related, but work uses my primary cell... I should just list that #. Might make things easier.

Do you have a Google voice number? If not, they're easy to setup.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ssjonizuka posted:

Google Voice... free local number, free forwarding, free voicemail transcription... it's my go-to for selling crap.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

Remember thermal expansion is on your side here. Pry the old one off, put the shaft in the freezer and heat the bearing with a hair dryer till you can barely hold it, which is about 150-180 degrees depending on your pain tolerance. I bet it slides right on.

I was thinking the same thing. Did the freezer trick for the bearing races and the pinion gear when I redid that rear end. Hit the bearings with a heat gun for a bit and oingo boingo. No presses or special tools necessary.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Sharky/marioon - I have not set one up. I don't sell much, so never thought it was worth the bother. But maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get it going.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ssjonizuka posted:

Sharky/marioon - I have not set one up. I don't sell much, so never thought it was worth the bother. But maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get it going.

They're really handy. I used to give it out whenever I didn't want to give out my real number. It's easy to block numbers and discontinue forwarding.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ugh. I took out my earrings last night to clean them this morning. Now one if them is AWOL.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Ugh. I took out my earrings last night to clean them this morning. Now one if them is AWOL.

Think of it as a golden opportunity (lol piss) to further increase your hireability, and just leave them all out.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got hired into a pharmacy when I had ½ inch plugs

Actually now that I think about it I got all of my jobs with 00G-½in plugs lol

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

They aren't plugs. Just normal earrings.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

They aren't plugs. Just normal earrings.

exactly, if employers are going to have a problem with something, it'd more likely be plugs, not earrings

especially since out east they're usually more liberal about poo poo like that

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

Remember thermal expansion is on your side here. Pry the old one off, put the shaft in the freezer and heat the bearing with a hair dryer till you can barely hold it, which is about 150-180 degrees depending on your pain tolerance. I bet it slides right on.

Actually the opposite setup in this case, but I'll use the same principles... the bearings are press-fit into the plastic tub, the shaft slides in after the bearings are set. I'll make sure the bearings are icy cold when I go to set them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferremit posted:

This is certainly a blast from the 90's

I cant remember the last time that the liters went up faster than the dollars on a fuel pump! 18 months ago i was standing at Mt Dare Hotel pumping fuel that cost me $2.50 a litre!

I filled up for $1.92 a gallon for premium the other night, officially the cheapest I have paid for fuel in the 5 years of owning the MS6. And yesterday it was down to $1.87 in some places. The first fill up I maid was over $4 per gallon and in my fuel log there were a few pushing $5 a gallon. I like this alternate universe we've landed in, can we stay here a while?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I filled up for $1.92 a gallon for premium the other night, officially the cheapest I have paid for fuel in the 5 years of owning the MS6. And yesterday it was down to $1.87 in some places. The first fill up I maid was over $4 per gallon and in my fuel log there were a few pushing $5 a gallon. I like this alternate universe we've landed in, can we stay here a while?

Right now we're benefiting from countries and some enormous companies fighting for the market / market share. In the US the rise of fracking opened up the door for a LOT of small oil companies to get into the oil market. Fracking is very expensive, relatively, and for those small companies to stay in business, they need the price of crude to be ~$75/barrel or more. With it under $25/barrel, it costs them more to extract the oil than they can sell it for. This is going to starve out those small companies, and will probably result in them being gobbled up by the enormous companies.

There is also a lot of high-volume pumping going on in the middle east. Iran just came back on the global market and the Saudis have repeatedly refused to cut production.

The end result is that there is a glut of oil on the market and cheap gas for us... yay! Don't think we won't pay for this in the future, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Don't think we won't pay for this in the future, though.

Oh I have no doubt. But I'd be totally fine with this last the length of the year. Usually I don't bother being choosy when there's only a nickle difference but gas is literally half the price it was when I bought the guzzler, That's $25 per fill up I can toss at other things that need to be paid off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The best part of this whole oil thing is that Russia's economy could collapse at any second, causing massive instability in a country with nuclear weapons and an already extremely jingoistic zeitgeist

what could possibly go wrong?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

The best part of this whole oil thing is that Russia's economy could collapse at any second, causing massive instability in a country with nuclear weapons and an already extremely jingoistic zeitgeist

what could possibly go wrong?!

Oh come on, when in the history of the world has Russia ever had an unstable economy?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I hope that when the bombs start dropping, they land right on my house while I'm sleeping next to my wife so I don't have to deal with the apocalypse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I hope that when the bombs start dropping, they land right on my house while I'm sleeping next to my wife so I don't have to deal with the apocalypse

One of my friend's dad is a d-day prepper, I'm just going to his house when poo poo goes down.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ssjonizuka posted:

I never list a number and just weed people out through email, it's pretty easy to tell who's for real and who's not, then once I determine they're not a moron I'll sometimes give my cell number but most of the time everything is done through email.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Rhyno posted:

One of my friend's dad is a d-day prepper, I'm just going to his house when poo poo goes down.

Where you will be promptly shot as an invader

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

angryhampster posted:

Generally you can substitute as frequently as you want to. There is a limit to 11 players per side on the field at any time, but I don't think there's a limit to the number of players you have on the sidelines.

You've got your 2nd string (backup) players, your 3rd string behind them, maybe your practice squad comes to the superbowl as well. Plus all the trainers/medics/coaches that number in the dozens.

I know college ball has limits on how many you can have on the sidelines not sure about the NFL. Most positions don't have that many backups though. Generally you've got a backup quarterback or two, a few running backs, and then the special teams (punt returns, kickers) and the defense and offensive lines. So around 40 or 50 uniformed players

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bolind posted:

Who was the AI goon recommending the Ubiquity Unifi access points here? I need to pick your brain.

I've suggested them in the past, what are you curious about?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Google Voice also makes it easy to scam people because they have no way to find any information about you afterwards.

Got burned more than once on cl.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geoj posted:

I've suggested them in the past, what are you curious about?

I've also raved about their gear, though I've only used a couple of the Nanostation Loco M5s in a point-to-point. Haven't tried a UAP yet but I've heard nothing but good about them.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Add me as another goon to the "UBIQUITI OR DEATH" wifi group.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I also love my unifi

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Unifi is love, unifi is life.

Ask your question, bolind :sun:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Jesus christ, who would replace a CV boot when the whole half axle is only $20 more and 90% less loving work?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

literally a fish posted:

Being the most popular doesn't make it good.
Proven by football in every country on Earth.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

Right now we're benefiting from countries and some enormous companies fighting for the market / market share. In the US the rise of fracking opened up the door for a LOT of small oil companies to get into the oil market. Fracking is very expensive, relatively, and for those small companies to stay in business, they need the price of crude to be ~$75/barrel or more. With it under $25/barrel, it costs them more to extract the oil than they can sell it for. This is going to starve out those small companies, and will probably result in them being gobbled up by the enormous companies.

There is also a lot of high-volume pumping going on in the middle east. Iran just came back on the global market and the Saudis have repeatedly refused to cut production.

The end result is that there is a glut of oil on the market and cheap gas for us... yay! Don't think we won't pay for this in the future, though.

The beginning of this actually isn't that accurate. The middle and end are correct. Your last sentence is 100% true.

Fracking is VERY easy to shut off, and the leases/costs to maintain a well are nothing compared to deepwater operations. The small fracking companies aren't going anywhere, because they can just shut down the wells and wait for prices to increase. The actual companies may go out of business, but they'll be bought by other small operations. Big companies (at least right now) want nothing to do with shale. The price of extraction is too high, the risks too large, and the public image is not good. However, venture capitalists will be happy to snap up the leases and capped wells and sit on them until the easily-accessed oil is gone, and prices skyrocket. Then they'll dust off the wellheads and their maps of where additional reserves are, and go to town on everyone's wallets.

The primary reason for the low oil prices is a massive change in demand (downward due to slowing economies across the world) and a pretty large uptick in production (NA Shale and tar sands). Those combined with the continued high-volume pumping in the Middle East and Russia make for huge oversupply, which drives pricing down. KSA haven't increased their production much, because they don't have to. The production from the other sources is plenty to outstrip demand and make the prices plummet.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

scuz posted:

Jesus christ, who would replace a CV boot when the whole half axle is only $20 more and 90% less loving work?

https://youtu.be/H1lxrkDgbrg

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

sharkytm posted:

The beginning of this actually isn't that accurate. The middle and end are correct. Your last sentence is 100% true.

Fracking is VERY easy to shut off, and the leases/costs to maintain a well are nothing compared to deepwater operations. The small fracking companies aren't going anywhere, because they can just shut down the wells and wait for prices to increase. The actual companies may go out of business, but they'll be bought by other small operations. Big companies (at least right now) want nothing to do with shale. The price of extraction is too high, the risks too large, and the public image is not good. However, venture capitalists will be happy to snap up the leases and capped wells and sit on them until the easily-accessed oil is gone, and prices skyrocket. Then they'll dust off the wellheads and their maps of where additional reserves are, and go to town on everyone's wallets.

So basically, the only think we disagree about is who is going to buy the small fracking companies?

Washer chat -- Amazon rocks and got me the shaft/seal/bearing kit today. I got it put back together and I've already run a load through it. It is running as it should... which is a good thing. I'm going to keep my old washer for a bit, though... just in case. :boom:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well Jerry was fun. So many drunk frat boys talking the entire time so I doubt it'll air tho.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Down 6 lbs in seven days, 322 to 316. No doubt some of that is water weight but I've busted rear end in the gym 6 out of 7 days. Feels good, man.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just recently went from a 34" CRT tv to a 60" LED, and although the size difference is awesome, the picture quality is not even close to the CRT :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Shot in the dark, Trinitron? I love those TVs. When I worked for a TV delivery company so many people were throwing them out because they were too heavy to do anything with, but they are awesome TVs.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

Just recently went from a 34" CRT tv to a 60" LED, and although the size difference is awesome, the picture quality is not even close to the CRT :(

what kind of cables are you using to plug into it? have you ordered the HD cable package? I had the same issue when I first switched to a flatscreen from a CRT and then I realised its because my channels were still in standard definition, not HD, so everything looked like poo poo comparitively

i only use my CRT for my old consoles now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tusen Takk posted:

I first switched to a flatscreen from a CRT
CRTs can be flatscreen, you mean flatpanel. :eng101:

I know you know this, but I'm allowed to sperg since I used to work at an electronics store.

• Locked thread