Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Apparently you have no loving ability to read.

Once again, for the reading impaired: I didn't say I wasn't going to put in any effort. I simply stated I wasn't going to put in AS MUCH effort.

In essence, it basically means that I'm not going to post 10 times when 1 post will do.

And frankly, your response to having 2 votes on you is scummy so that's why you're being considered as scum.

You have yet to put in any effort besides a reason-less vote and defending yourself the second anyone starts to question you though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Apparently you have no loving ability to read.

Once again, for the reading impaired: I didn't say I wasn't going to put in any effort. I simply stated I wasn't going to put in AS MUCH effort.

In essence, it basically means that I'm not going to post 10 times when 1 post will do.

And frankly, your response to having 2 votes on you is scummy so that's why you're being considered as scum.

That doesn't really make sense because I only have 2 votes on me including yours so the people considering me as scum were voting me before any of this

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ane the first vote was because a new player lol'd at something and then i replied haha lmbo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the second vote was an empty vote by a player who had yet to post anything outside of joke phase

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
What I'm getting from this is that between all the tunneling and back and forth, between Podima, Asiina, JakeP, and TMM, we've found at least one and maybe two scum. Or an overzealous town that will get a cop killed.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

You have yet to put in any effort besides a reason-less vote and defending yourself the second anyone starts to question you though?

So you're going to jump on me for no effort but not going to call out imgay for his lack of effort?

I can pretty much guarantee at this point that one of Jake/Podima is scum, possibly both.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Friction.123 posted:

What I'm getting from this is that between all the tunneling and back and forth, between Podima, Asiina, JakeP, and TMM, we've found at least one and maybe two scum. Or an overzealous town that will get a cop killed.

lol maybe maybe not, we could be all town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't really see that as defending. I suppose maybe it looks that way. I meant it more that Jake's reason is dumb, not that Madman is town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway gym time now posting later.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I don't really see that as defending. I suppose maybe it looks that way. I meant it more that Jake's reason is dumb, not that Madman is town.

you were hella defending him saying that he wouldn't do thing i was accusing him as scum

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

So you're going to jump on me for no effort but not going to call out imgay for his lack of effort?

I can pretty much guarantee at this point that one of Jake/Podima is scum, possibly both.

imgay is bad too but at least he's talking about the game, even if it's likely 90% bullshit. It's consistent with his usual posting.

Your lack of effort, on the other hand, is abnormal and worth being called out!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

This post, meanwhile, says nothing really particularly useful! :) This is a pretty standard d1 slapfight when we don't have much to go on.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

"We've got a scum here! Or maybe just an overzealous town. I just said nothing of value."

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Bite me. I said my piece about the TMM thing and was having fun watching a huge slapfight unfold.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

Bite me. I said my piece about the TMM thing and was having fun watching a huge slapfight unfold.

:h:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Podima

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Friction.123 posted:

i like your attitude

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

##vote Podima

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

why should anyone have to ask you why you voted someone

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

##vote Podima

:siren: NICE OMGUS :siren:

:haw:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha lmbo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also uh

TMMadman posted:

Podima posted:

You're being awfully quiet this game. Can you please elaborate?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Literally the first thing I did was ask you to explain your reason-less vote :psyduck:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haahahahahaha

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
straight up TMM is posting nonsense

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No, you asked me why I was being quiet. That's not the same thing.

If you wanted me to elaborate on my vote then you should have directly asked about it instead of using a vague question.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, my original question was asking you to elaborate on your vote while making an additional observation that you were being much quieter than usual.

Could you please elaborate on your vote with your thinking at the time you made it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nah

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I'm really not sure how it's vague when I quoted your vote and asked you to elaborate!

If I was you this is the point where I'd insult your basic literacy skills or something, I think?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:waycool:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not only did you quote the vote in the post your post was the post immediately following his vote post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Also I'm really not sure how it's vague when I quoted your vote and asked you to elaborate!

If I was you this is the point where I'd insult your basic literacy skills or something, I think?

his reason for voting me was my reaction to him voting me

chicken/egg

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i quoted wrong post

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Podima posted:

Literally the first thing I did was ask you to explain your reason-less vote :psyduck:

Podi!a I do t know why you didn't just ask TMM to explain his voyte, smh, smh.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and yeah this whole line of thought is just weird and dumb, it shouldn't matter if podimas question about your vote was vague or not there is no reason for you to make the vote without explaining it, either at the time of the vote or building up to it (its the first time you mention/interact with me in this game). Then you doubling down on it while still refusing to explain anything about it is what really seals the deal for me. There is no way you aren't scum

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Podima posted:

Thank you for making D1 a little fun...just a little though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

and yeah this whole line of thought is just weird and dumb, it shouldn't matter if podimas question about your vote was vague or not there is no reason for you to make the vote without explaining it, either at the time of the vote or building up to it (its the first time you mention/interact with me in this game). Then you doubling down on it while still refusing to explain anything about it is what really seals the deal for me. There is no way you aren't scum

Lmao

Why are you talking like people have never dropped votes without a reason before.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

TMMadman posted:

Lmao

Why are you talking like people have never dropped votes without a reason before.

##vote TMMadman

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Lmao

Your actions do not demonstrate you putting down a vote for no reason, you backed it up for several posts and implied you were serious about the vote.

Often times people make empty posts with votes but there is generally a build up or an obvious reason for the vote. Your vote came out of seemingly no where, and you backed it up in several posts without actually explaining where the vote came from. In fact you even use reasoning to say how my reaction to votes is why I have votes which really doesn't make any sense becaues I didn't actually get any votes after I reacted. Your logic does not follow with the chronology of events that have taken place, you are making votes and justifying them later in any way you can think. You aren't genuinely scumhunting

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Friction.123 posted:

##vote TMMadman

like this is legit and makes sense great example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Podima posted:

Also I call out people who say they're not going to put effort into games because it's unfair and unfun for the other people who DID sign up and are putting in effort. Lurking and low content is a major problem for Mafia and people should know better. If you're not going to play, don't compulsively sign up for games.

the problem is quantifying effort and conent in mafia

• Locked thread