Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't know if he's scum but I'm worried that if we don't plorp tmm today it's just going to derail scum hunting in future days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh also I have a theory about why imgay might be scum. Tell me if this sounds stupid. So he's acting like a jester basically by poo poo posting more than usual and just being generally idiotic. Maybe he is scum trying to get us to think he's a jester so we won't plorp him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't know if he's scum but I'm worried that if we don't plorp tmm today it's just going to derail scum hunting in future days.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh also I have a theory about why imgay might be scum. Tell me if this sounds stupid. So he's acting like a jester basically by poo poo posting more than usual and just being generally idiotic. Maybe he is scum trying to get us to think he's a jester so we won't plorp him.

##vote anonymous narcoticss

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Srsly capps this happens to me every single game. Apparently my posting just always sounds scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'd actually buy TMM sayi g Asiina is scum, but yeah, TMM must eat a bug, etc etc.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

JakeP posted:

Same question to quidnose but i already know the answer, hed rather just sit on his poo poo vote then actually do any more critical thinking on this day 1, while at the same time chastising players who say day 1 is pointless

What in the world is this, I do some analysis last night, make a vote, see your reactions to that vote and your voting habits fit that view I have made and state such, and all of a sudden with this giant long D1 I am locked in to this vote, can't change my opinion, and you feel so much pressure you claim? Are you a jester? This is some pretty serious overreacting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

When is deadline, I'm picking my lady up from public transit and it's gonna be an hour drive back

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

When is deadline, I'm picking my lady up from public transit and it's gonna be an hour drive back

Well, the good news is that the deadline isn't until tomorrow!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

What in the world is this, I do some analysis last night, make a vote, see your reactions to that vote and your voting habits fit that view I have made and state such, and all of a sudden with this giant long D1 I am locked in to this vote, can't change my opinion, and you feel so much pressure you claim? Are you a jester? This is some pretty serious overreacting.

you are an idiot or scum but probably an idiot

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Quidnose your vote on me was bad and based on like nothing. much has happened since your vote, how do you feel at this current moment without talking about me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also haha lmbo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and to clarify quickly, at the time you made the vote it was fine because its day 1 and what else are ya gonna do, but now stuff has happened, are you still going to limply call me scum and do nothing else?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
because i said haha lmbo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

:iiam:

Asiina re: the scumpost comment. It felt challenging me to use my night action on you. Maybe its a reverse psychology and you desperately don't want me to track you, maybe you are a scum who won't be acting and want me to track you to clear you, I don't know it just felt like a weird post about my night action and I noted it mostly for my own review later on when I am reanalysing this game.

I guess mostly to answer your question it pinged my gut a bit

Why is it a mystery? Are you not even considering that I am town? Do you think all the votes on me are from town players?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Also this is a legit bad post. "Are you a jester?" What is the point of that, and what does it have to do with anything? Its weird to say for one, and for 2 nothing I have said should make it seem like I want to be lynched at all, despite how much I "overreacted" (I acknowledge I did a bit, but I had a long day and was legit frustrated with what people were passing off as scumhunting in this game) I had some dranks and now am mmore chilled but this is a bad post and your participation in this game is poo poo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Why is it a mystery? Are you not even considering that I am town? Do you think all the votes on me are from town players?

I have no idea what is going to happen but its not like I flowchart what I will do based on a flip ahead of time, thats chain lynch poo poo, who knows what happens between your flip and the next lynch

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

I have no idea what is going to happen but its not like I flowchart what I will do based on a flip ahead of time, thats chain lynch poo poo, who knows what happens between your flip and the next lynch

This is a complete cop out answer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This is a complete cop out answer.

Also, notice that Jake doesn't actually answer any of my questions.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
that isn't how I play mafia, I don't say if I lynch you and you flip this I will lynch this person, and if you flip this i will lynch this person

I vote people I find scummy I don't try to find scum based on a town getting lynched, town vote town all the time

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
so im not dodging your question, your question is stupid and bad and I explained why

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Really if you flip town I will question you more than the people voting you

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
So now that I'm home I went back and did a reread of the thread and here are my thoughts.

Honestly from what little I've seen scum don't make obvious plays 98% of the time. This TMM poo poo is extremely obvious and openly "scummy" which means to me its possibly just frustration or mistakes on his own part, combined with a couple people hammering him super hard (which I totally get after my last game). I can't really blame the people hammering him either because drat, there is some lovely logic and justifications in his posts which means I am perfectly happy leaving my vote there even if he is almost too scummy to be scum.

I've never seen Podima or SSV in a game before so I'm going to withhold commenting there for the time being.

JakeP though, has been posting almost nonstop since this game started about one thing or another, this last page being a great example, and there are some things that ping scum to me as well.

JakeP posted:

this is a post made unironically in this game

I believe quidnose is actually town so the fact that me putting in any effort just makes him "super comfortable" with his vote makes me believe this is the level of effort I can expect from the town in this game so nah i dont care

This came like what, 3/4 through the first day of a three day deadline? There's every reason to believe people would hang back and see what happens even if they were town. Apparently Quidnose has a weird gimmick where he analyzes joke phase posts like actual serious posts, which is stupid but to each his own. Nobody was taking the vote seriously except two people that have been ridiculed extensively (one of which was squidnose) so why even react like the game is over and OMG you guys are so stupid?

JakeP posted:

Just gonna full claim now because im bored with this game and frustrated with the people in it

i am an inkling equipped with a squid beacon i beacon a player on every odd numbered night and for the next 2 days i track that player

i breadcrumbed this when asiina asked me when we would have our epic battle

This post further illustrates it, why say you're bored of the game and then turn around and ridicule another guy for supposedly putting in a similar amount of not caring?

Finally we have the most recent page of JakeP quotes which just strikes me as incredibly defensive, like he is super worried about getting votes for some reason. If you're town then gently caress those guys, keep scum hunting and if you get lynched oh well, hopefully the rest are smart enough to pick up on who targeted you or reacted to your hunting.

Thats my anal-sys do with it what you will.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just amused that there are 4 votes on me (not including my own and 5 if you count the earlier vote from PBS) and nobody even seems to want to look at them. Usually when someone gets this many votes this early in the day people start screaming that it must be an easy push by scum. There is almost certainly one scum scum vote on me, so why aren't people looking there instead of looking at me?

Why does town always let themselves get distracted by these kind of attacks? Why am I constantly being held to a higher standard than other posters? I mean I say quite simply that I'm not going to be putting a ton of effort into this game and it get distorted into " WHY AREN'T YOU GOING TO PLAY THE GAME?" when that isn't even remotely what I said in the first place. All I meant is that I was going to be all 'postpostpost' not that I wasn't going to flat out play.

Why hasn't anyone asked a couple simple questions: If a scum Madman wants to make Jake look stupid, then why the hell is he voting for himself? How exactly am I supposed to make someone calling me scum look stupid if I'm actually scum?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also as the person who spent most of Podima's game complaining about imgay's lack of posting (he was town, for reference), we also have posting gems CCKeane, Tommunist, goodness, and Opopanax, and I used a very low bar for this one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

I'm just amused that there are 4 votes on me (not including my own and 5 if you count the earlier vote from PBS) and nobody even seems to want to look at them. Usually when someone gets this many votes this early in the day people start screaming that it must be an easy push by scum. There is almost certainly one scum scum vote on me, so why aren't people looking there instead of looking at me?

Why does town always let themselves get distracted by these kind of attacks? Why am I constantly being held to a higher standard than other posters? I mean I say quite simply that I'm not going to be putting a ton of effort into this game and it get distorted into " WHY AREN'T YOU GOING TO PLAY THE GAME?" when that isn't even remotely what I said in the first place. All I meant is that I was going to be all 'postpostpost' not that I wasn't going to flat out play.

Why hasn't anyone asked a couple simple questions: If a scum Madman wants to make Jake look stupid, then why the hell is he voting for himself? How exactly am I supposed to make someone calling me scum look stupid if I'm actually scum?

Wouldn't be a game without TMM making this post at least once.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am the best poster since that Scaface poster you had hanging in your dorm room freshman year.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMM you can kinda suck up all the oxygen in a thread and that's happening here so vOv

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote squidnose

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

Wouldn't be a game without TMM making this post at least once.

Whatever.

It's hilarious that I'm getting hounded for effort when the game also has imgay, Capps, Opop, Tomm, and Keane it in it. And to a lesser extent, Jake and ANarc. Jake posts a lot, but most of the time it's just shitposting. ANarc does usually put in a little effort, but she often is a major lurker.

So it should be pretty obvious why I decided that I was going to put forth a lot of effort into this game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh gently caress you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
fuUuuUuUuUuUuuuuuck you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I put forth so much effort in mafia you loving whiney baby piss SCUM
##vote TMMadman

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

TMM you can kinda suck up all the oxygen in a thread and that's happening here so vOv

And why do you think that is happening? Don't you think it's odd that I've gotten 4 votes already? Do you think all of them are from town?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Go gently caress yourself Capps. Your effort is terrible and all you really do is spout gibberish into the thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Whatever.

It's hilarious that I'm getting hounded for effort when the game also has imgay, Capps, Opop, Tomm, and Keane it in it. And to a lesser extent, Jake and ANarc. Jake posts a lot, but most of the time it's just shitposting. ANarc does usually put in a little effort, but she often is a major lurker.

So it should be pretty obvious why I decided that I was going to put forth a lot of effort into this game.

Haha, son, my posts are works of art, (Pollack) your posts are works of FART (Le Pétomane).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

Go gently caress yourself Capps. Your effort is terrible and all you really do is spout gibberish into the thread.

OH gently caress YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GO gently caress YOURSELF, YOU FUCKER

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
KID OR SQUID, MORE LIKE BABY OR loving LOSER FOR YOU MATE

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Please don't make fun of PBS for being a Tamarian.

PBS and Keane at Ecco's France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote because I don't want this thing to get turbo'd without taking advantage of what discussion time we have

• Locked thread