Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Well poo poo, I just bought Risky's Revenge for the 3DS like two weeks ago. That'll show me to buy games before I'm ready to play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Amazon has the Pokemon VC games listed as $10 http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-...rds=pokemon+3ds ,has price been announced for them? $10 apiece seems high.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd believe it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Tried The Legend of Legacy demo. It feels all right, it's not that grind heavy, the anime is on the light side and the plot is more of a side dish. The battle system also feels pretty good. This would work pretty well for travels. Maybe I'll pick this up at some point.

EDIT: Why did I post this here? Huh...

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 6, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Amazon has the Pokemon VC games listed as $10 http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-...rds=pokemon+3ds ,has price been announced for them? $10 apiece seems high.

Yes, $10 was the announced price.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

gamefreak is awful

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You're going to buy them anyway.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
At ten bucks you could buy a new saving battery and play the games the way they were intended. Triple speed with a war chest of TMs and stat boosting drugs.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Houle posted:

At ten bucks you could buy a new saving battery and play the games the way they were intended. Triple speed with a war chest of TMs and stat boosting drugs.

I don't really think it's necessary to cheat in a pokemon game, but to each his own

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gamefreak apparently does since they made TMs infinite in later games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm being rude to you, idiots!

News:

-Shantae Risky's Revenge Directors' Cut (the second game, originally released as DSiWare) has finally been confirmed for Wii U and it's in lotcheck with NOA/NOE right now so it should be out before too long.

-If you have a Japanese Wii U or 3DS you can several Zelda VC releases for 30% off:
-Minish Cap
-Ocarina of Time
-Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening DX
-Oracle of Ages/Seasons
-The Legend of Zelda
-Zelda 2

How are the other shantae games. I really liked Pirate's Curse, but it's the only one I've played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

gamefreak is awful

10 dollars is a drat steal for such classics.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

How are the other shantae games. I really liked Pirate's Curse, but it's the only one I've played.

Shantae GBC looks/sounds great and is huge for a GBC game but the sprites are too big for the small screen, the world layout is confusing (plus no map) and most enemies take way too many hits to kill.

Risky's Revenge is essentially an episodic game that never made it past the first episode - it looks and plays fine and is fun for what it is but it feels like an incomplete game pieced together from whatever they'd completed at the time. (The Directors' Cut adds a new map and some other perks but doesn't add/change anything substantial.)

Pirate's Curse is easily the best and most complete of the three games; it's missing some of the neat features from the other games like the animal transformations and the overworld but I didn't really miss them, honestly.

The upcoming Kickstarter game (Half-Genie Hero) is going to be less of an adventure game and more of a level-based thing, I think.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

greatn posted:

And even the stat increasing items are very limited.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
You don't really need stat increasing items since you have the super training mini game to do essentially what protein, iron, etc do. So having super training + unlimited use TMs are the equivalent to what I do with the original games when training pokemon to take on Pokemon Stadium Round 2 battles.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

People have been mentioning playing resident evil 4 with the game pad. I have been having trouble getting it to work. Am I missing something?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

numerrik posted:

People have been mentioning playing resident evil 4 with the game pad. I have been having trouble getting it to work. Am I missing something?

Yes. There is no gamepad support.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

You can play it with a Classic Controller but why???

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It apparently has something to do with the way they handle CC support - RE4 requires you to start the game with wiimote/nunchuk and then select CC controls from the menu but the system only initialises controllers on boot, so in this specific instance it doesn't check for CC controls.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Shwqa posted:

And even the stat increasing items are very limited.

If you mean Iron, Protein, etc. you can buy those. They're just very expensive.

You don't need them anyway because all they give you is Effort points, which you can also get by killing things, or with Super Training.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

greatn posted:

this was actually an extremely good change

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

If you mean Iron, Protein, etc. you can buy those. They're just very expensive.

You don't need them anyway because all they give you is Effort points, which you can also get by killing things, or with Super Training.

Yeah I meant they max out your effort points to 100 and that is it. which is like 15 minutes of grinding so even cheating in a bunch of those isn't a big deal. Course pokemon showers you with money so it is never a big deal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 11):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Oddworld: New & Tasty - €15.99 / £11.99 until February 25, standard price €19.99 / £14.99
    Discovery - €6.99 / £5.99
    Jones on fire - 5.99 / £4.59
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £? until February 11
    Shadow Puppeteer (Wii U eShop) - €12.99 / £11.99 until February 15
    Typoman (Wii U eShop) - €11.89 / £8.49 until February 18
    Teslagrad (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.99 from February 11-25
    Chariot (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.74 from February 11-25
    Tengami (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 from February 11-25
    Race the Sun (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.49 from February 11-25
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 from February 11-25
    Turtle Tale (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from February 11-25
    ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.14 from February 11-25
    Block Drop x Twisted Fusion (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 from February 11-25
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until February 27
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 from February 11-March 10
    Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from February 11-March 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight - €39.99 / £34.99
    Project X Zone 2 - €39.99 / £29.99, includes menu theme and "Rare Cross Item Pack" DLC
    Bravely Second: End Layer (demo)
    Stella Glow (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Dementium Remastered - €14.99 / £13.49
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 - €6.99 / £5.59
    Alphadia - €9.99 / £8.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    New Style Boutique 2 Add-On Content (out now)
  • Pink Latte - FABBY-tacular Pack - free!
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight Add-On Content (out now)
  • Yggdrasil Veteran - free!
  • Hidden Hot Springs! - free until February 18, standard price €2.49 / £2.29
  • Highlander's Return! - free until February 18, standard price €0.99 / £0.89
  • Wanted: Golden Sprout - €1.99/£1.79
    Project X Zone 2 Add-On Content (out now)
  • All-In-One Pack - €14.99 / £13.49
  • SP Advanced Mode Edition - €2.49 / £2.29
  • Cross Item Packs 1-14 - €0.99 / £0.89 each
  • Trial Cross Item Pack - free!
3DS MENU THEMES (January 22)
    The Legend of the Dark Witch - Blad Theme - €0.99 / £0.69
    The Legend of the Dark Witch - Verni Theme - €0.99 / £0.69
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until February 11
    Retro City Rampage DX (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.48 from February 11-February 25
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 11-February 25
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS eShop) - €8.00 / £7.20 from February 11-February 25
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you own Space Lift Danger Panic until February 27
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you own Heart Beaten until February 27
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (3DS eShop) - €19.99 / £15.99 until February 27
    Petit Novel series - Harvest December (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £6.39 from February 11-March 3

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue are basically the same game; there are a handful of exclusive Pokemon in each game and the DS version benefits from the dual screens and wider res but it doesn't really matter which one you pick beyond that. (The PR doesn't mention any sort of connectivity features, so I guess that's not possible with the VC versions, not that I can remember what it even did.)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 8, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You've labelled most of the 3DS sales as WiiU. :v:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

voltcatfish posted:

The only flaw I can think RE4 has is not all of the weapons are balanced. The Mine Thrower is fun to gently caress around with but kinda useless, and I've never been a fan of the TMP. Is it even worth buying the Riot Shotgun?

2 pages late, but i've played through RE4 so many times now that i have a god drat build order down on weapon upgrades just so I can pump and dump the TMP for that brief time where you're fighting regenerators and don't have the thermal scope.

aaaaaaand that's all it's good for

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heh, I started a new run last week and I'm exclusively using the TMP for any situation where I would normally use the pistol. God the enemies and crates are dropping ammo for it like candy. I usually never touch the weapon, but it's made for a fun playthrough so far.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it?) but Best Buy currently has a Buy One Get One 20% Off deal on prepaid cards, and that includes eShop cards. The math works out to be 10% off if you buy two cards of equal value.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/154947/pcmcat748301737133.c?id=pcmcat748301737133

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sarchasm posted:

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread (maybe I missed it?) but Best Buy currently has a Buy One Get One 20% Off deal on prepaid cards, and that includes eShop cards. The math works out to be 10% off if you buy two cards of equal value.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/154947/pcmcat748301737133.c?id=pcmcat748301737133

Cool, might as well. I've already conceded that I'll be buying all of Fire Emblem Fates, so I might as well save a few bucks and treat myself to a luxurious espresso beverage. All in all, the whole package ended up costing me $61 from Best Buy after tax. Gamers Club Unlocked is the poo poo as long as you don't mind the occasional pre-order fuckup/cancellation. I've already saved like $100 this year.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 8, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's Wii U VC games in Japan: Yoshi's Story (N64), Shining Soul (GBA)

Shining Soul is the first original Shining game made after the departure of Camelot; it's a mediocre loot treadmill but the sequel is much better, and both were released in NA by Atlus so there's a chance they might come overseas.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Next week's Wii U VC games in Japan: Yoshi's Story (N64), Shining Soul (GBA)

Shining Soul is the first original Shining game made after the departure of Camelot; it's a mediocre loot treadmill but the sequel is much better, and both were released in NA by Atlus so there's a chance they might come overseas.

Yeah shining soul is crap and the sequel was moderately better, but this is more or less good because it could set a nice precedent towards other Atlus poo poo (Ogre Battle if Squeenix plays nice like for FFTA) or other Shining stuff like the excellent Shining Force GBA remake.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP dudes, the Fire Emblem DLC campaigns are 50% off (1000yen) until the 29th: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/download/index.html

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA's three VC games for this week are Big Brain Academy (DS), Polarium Advance (GBA) and the motherfucking KURU KURU KURURIN (GBA)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Huh I didn't realize Roundabout was a sequel.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is that the one where you use l and R to rotate the bar through a slowly rotating maze and get shocked if you hit the walls?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Misandu posted:

Huh I didn't realize Roundabout was a sequel.

Dan even admitted this was the inspiration for Roundabout.

https://twitter.com/deliciousbees/status/697512349024911360

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

greatn posted:

Is that the one where you use l and R to rotate the bar through a slowly rotating maze and get shocked if you hit the walls?
Yes, but its the other way around, the stick is constantly spinning and the mazes mostly don't move.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I haven't heard of any of these, though I assume the DS game is garbage. Am I wrong?

Tell me about these GBA games.

It's cool of NOA to pick up the pace when they have filler games like these and just dump three out. Must mean they're confident they have enough solid releases for the rest of the year that they don't need to pad a week with just Big Brain Academy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Yes, but its the other way around, the stick is constantly spinning and the mazes mostly don't move.

Well, it's a matter of perspective isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Can anybody use the second code from a WiiU/3DS combo thing? I managed to buy the combo deal for Bayonetta in Smash, but I only have it on Wii U.