Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A few weeks ago when all the talk about Leonardo dicaprio getting raped by a bear was in the news, all I could think of was the old Onion story "Bear Attacks, Rapes Zookeeper".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
gently caress yourself and die

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
i am "area man"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FishionMailed posted:

So idk is it that everything just got that much dumber or is it just that I got older?

read some ancient greek and roman historians, you will find that people dont actually change that much and the stupidity of our age is not unique

naem
May 29, 2011

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

In that video it looks like Trump is in on the joke of the democratic system.

Like he's thinking to himself that he can't believe he's made it this far, and is the best republican candidate.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

In that video it looks like Trump is in on the joke of the democratic system.

Like he's thinking to himself that he can't believe he's made it this far, and is the best republican candidate.

he is going for the true long-con. Trump will be the first ironic president :911:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Rutibex posted:

he is going for the true long-con. Trump will be the first ironic president :911:

9/11 didn't kill irony. it refined irony. made it more virulent. now irony can kill. irony is about to have the nuke launch codes.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lies. i'm an area bassist and i STILL haven't been fellated

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

lies. i'm an area bassist and i STILL haven't been fellated

What kind of bass? Also, sorry to hear that.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It happened at least 3-4 years ago op. no i dont know how to get back to the real world, sorry

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

WTF!? I though Butch killed Vincent w/ an uzi when he was coming out of the bathroom!!?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Lt. Tanaka posted:

I won't be surprised if he announces Jesse Ventura as his running mate.

There was another weird Onion moment in the Republican ABC debate. It was when the fat guy Chris Christie seemed to short circuit the android looking candidate Marco Rubio, and he repeated the same line 3 or 4 times. I almost expected him to start smoking and his eyes to glow red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdY-t4MRqxw

drat that's a pretty good own

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Lt. Tanaka posted:

There was another weird Onion moment in the Republican ABC debate. It was when the fat guy Chris Christie seemed to short circuit the android looking candidate Marco Rubio, and he repeated the same line 3 or 4 times. I almost expected him to start smoking and his eyes to glow red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdY-t4MRqxw

drat it. This was the one time that Ben Carson could've shown his prowess as a neurosurgeion by at least showing genuine concern for Marco Rubio's brain health. Repeating things like that can be a sign of degenerative disease.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
from imgur today:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

drat that's a pretty good own

cant believe rubio had the balls to mercilessly own himself over and over like that

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
That first story is almost exactly the setup to kill bill.

"I knew he was a violent man but I didn't think he could hurt me." yes, in this instance, you would have been wrong.

Dude is lucky she is principled and called the cops rather than using the five point palm exploding heart rechnique of a woman scorned.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Our generation is going to be the most cynical generation yet. By the time we're all retired olds we're just gonna be writing in Cumslurper on the voting ballots because gently caress it all who cares

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Raere posted:

Our generation is going to be the most cynical generation yet. By the time we're all retired olds we're just gonna be writing in Cumslurper on the voting ballots because gently caress it all who cares

i for one fully support cumslurper for the 2040 electorate

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Retired? What kind of loving fairy tale do you live in?

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a *slide whistle*

naem
May 29, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

Retired? What kind of loving fairy tale do you live in?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

from imgur today:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Goatfather posted:

also this lady

:eyepop:
Where do you get those glasses?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

its actually just a trump bumpersticker stuck on some glasses, just like her hat. she cant see anything

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't think those glasses will fit your eyes when they're doing that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Kidnappers from that Wife Crashes Her Own Funeral article posted:

They weren’t going to kill her, the men then explained — they didn’t believe in killing women, and they knew her brother. But they would keep her husband’s money and tell him that she was dead. After two days, they set her free on the side of a road, but not before giving her a cellphone, recordings of their phone conversations with Kalala, and receipts for the $7,000 in Australian dollars they allegedly received in payment, according to Australia’s The Age newspaper.

We just want you to go back, to tell other stupid women like you what happened,” Rukundo said she was told before the gang members drove away.
stay classy, kidnappers, stay classy

and of course more people from the article are just as stupid posted:

Rukundo told the ABC she’s gotten backlash from Melbourne’s Congolese community for reporting Kalala to the police.
shameful to disrespect your husband who tried to kill you. stoning imminent

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

stay classy, kidnappers, stay classy
shameful to disrespect your husband who tried to kill you. stoning imminent

the arms and legs of a ghost wife are said to be extremely powerful aphrodisiacs

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

https://source.wustl.edu/2016/02/americans-recognize-past-presidents-never-study-finds/

quote:

“Our findings from a recent survey suggest that about 71 percent of Americans are fairly certain that Alexander Hamilton is among our nation’s past presidents,” said Henry L. Roediger III, a human memory expert at Washington University. “I had predicted that Benjamin Franklin would be the person most falsely recognized as a president, but Hamilton beat him by a mile.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

imo its in poor taste for the onion to take this jew lawyer joke so far

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/world/middleeast/israel-anat-berko-palestine.html

quote:

No ‘P’ in Arabic Means No Palestine, Israeli Lawmaker Says

JERUSALEM — One of the many things that divides Israelis and Palestinians is the letter P.

The consonant that prefaces prejudice and partisanship became an object of mirth on Thursday after Anat Berko, a conservative lawmaker from the governing Likud Party, said in Parliament that there could be no such place as Palestine because there is no P in Arabic.

The name “Palestine” is a borrowed term, Ms. Berko said, presumably referring to the ancient Greek “Palaistine” and the Syria-Palaestina of the Roman era.

“I want to return to history. What exactly is our place here regarding Jerusalem, regarding Palestine,” she said during a parliamentary debate late Wednesday called by the center-left Zionist Union on the two-state solution. “As we have said, there isn’t even a P in Arabic so this borrowed term is also worth scrutinizing,” she added.

As opposition lawmakers heckled Ms. Berko, she retorted, “There is no ‘Pa,’” sputtering, “Pa, pa, pa,” for emphasis.

“There’s ‘Fa,’” she conceded.

Indeed, there is no hard P sound in Arabic, but there is a softer F, and Palestinians pronounce the name of their would-be state as “Falastin” (fah-leh-STEEN) — as do most Hebrew-speaking Israelis. Contemporary written Arabic does have a letter P, with three dots, that was added to accommodate foreign words like “Pepsi.” But it is rare to meet an Arab who can pronounce the letter P; Pepsi is known as “Bebsi” across the Middle East.

Ms. Berko, who was born in Israel to parents who had fled Iraq, is a social scientist with a Ph.D. in criminology. Her academic research focused on terrorism and counterterrorism, and she has written two books about suicide bombers. Her resume notes that her research included interviews with Palestinian prisoners in Israel’s maximum-security prisons.

The Hebrew newspaper Yediot Aharonot reported that Arab lawmakers in the Knesset, or Parliament, walked out in protest over Ms. Berko’s remarks, muttering “P-P-P” under their breath. Or was it “B-B-B”?

Abir Kopty, a Palestinian activist and blogger, wryly agreed with Ms. Berko’s linguistic analysis on Twitter:
Continue reading the main story

Indeed, we are Balestinians, not Palestinians. #PT
— Abir Kopty (@AbirKopty) Feb. 11, 2016

Xavier Abu Eid, an adviser to the Palestine Liberation Organization’s negotiations department in the West Bank, tweeted, sarcastically:
Continue reading the main story

That's the sweetest argument I've heard from a member of Netanyahu's coalition in order to justify Apartheid. https://t.co/FAhtxbRJPN
— Xavier Abu Eid (@xabueid) Feb. 11, 2016

Haim Har-Zahav, an Israeli journalist and blogger, joked on Israel Radio that there was obviously no pizza in America because English does not have a letter equivalent to the Hebrew “Tzadik,” to denote the “tza” sound. And others here have repeated the adage that because Americans do not pronounce the guttural H in Arabic and Hebrew, their hummus is terrible.

Some noted, existentially, that the Jews themselves were potentially in trouble since there is no J in Hebrew.

If Palestine and Palestinians don't exist bc there is no letter P in arabic, then I guess Jews don't exist bc there's no letter J in hebrew? :vince:
— Omar Al Ghazzawi (@Run_Khabibi) Feb. 11, 2016

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 11, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

The Goatfather posted:

imo its in poor taste for the onion to take this jew lawyer joke so far

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/world/middleeast/israel-anat-berko-palestine.html

"Pailestine more like Failesine"

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Zombie Boat posted:

Fingers loving crossed

Ia! Shub-Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

also lol HPL and his ludicrous, unhinged racism

I love his work but he sounds like an rear end in a top hat to be around

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Fabricated posted:

You can't parody reality anymore

We live in a cartoon

a japanese cartoon?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

That Robot posted:

a japanese cartoon?

depends on the person living it :aatrek:

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

there was some rap themed musical recently about hamilton which is where they probably got it from

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

9/11 didn't kill irony. it refined irony. made it more virulent. now irony can kill. irony is about to have the nuke launch codes.

well

irony can suck deez nuts son :whatup:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Animal-Mother posted:

Things are getting weird. I half wonder if Cthulhu is about to dream himself into existence.
*wakey-wakey*
:krakentoot::can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
I'm just going to leave this here...

U of Oregon Debates Removing MLK Quote For Not Being Inclusive Enough
http://www.mediaite.com/online/u-of-oregon-debates-removing-mlk-quote-for-not-being-inclusive-enough/

The quote is from "I Have a Dream" on top of it all.

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 12, 2016

• Locked thread