Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Wait is this confirmed? I mean it doesn't roll off the tongue too badly and I'm not going to make the mistake of assuming it's not a name but i dunno usagi just seemed so obvious

There was a screenshot showing Saizo and his inventory had an item called "Asugi's confect" which I assume is just a renamed Gaius' confect. So yeah, that's his name. It's OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do not google Asugi

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tae posted:

Do not google Asugi

Why?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you'll see hosed up burns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one of the first image results is a dude with a realllyyy hosed up hand and arm. It means mercury, the chemical, in some language or another, so it's probably a dude who accidentally got mercury dumped on his hand.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Those aren't actual burns it's body paint made to look like a wound that someone posted to deviantart. (I can understand people being grossed out by it though!)

It is a deviantart image posted:

Whole wound thingy. Ran out of blood when I was finishing the 2nd part, and was too lazy to make another batch. That's why the 2nd part is not as shiny.

Excuse the mess lol, haven't finished packing my side of the room even though the holidays have started. Art projects and other projects. It is not as messy as before though. Hahaha

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 13, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cannot be blamed for not clicking on what looked to be really hosed up burns

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So if this is supposedly not super hosed up burns, when he says he ran out of blood he means red paint right? :ohdear:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Yeah, no, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to look at it. I just didn't want anyone who did see it to feel too grossed out.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

And I thought it was gonna be some weird sex thing.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

And I thought it was gonna be some weird sex thing.

yeah i was disappointed too

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Which chapter is it where I recruit Bukkake

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Which chapter is it where I recruit Bukkake

This game limits you to one (1) waifu I'm sorry.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

But how many husbands

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Level Slide posted:

But how many husbands

I don't know what that is. But probably also only one.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

yeah i was disappointed too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Team If also plans to release several patches for Fire Emblem: Fates, following several controversial decisions made by Nintendo:

The currently existing patcher will be modified to work with Fire Emblem: Fates (all editions). We will release several patch packs (as possible). Here are the following packs:

- Amie restoration
- Japanese dub restoration
- Japanese name restoration
- Fan-Translation

Omni, this is for you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i had any way of hacking stuff in id probably use the name restorer.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tae posted:

Omni, this is for you

This doesn't seem like it'll end well...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, the fan translation was already a thing, and was already known to be dumb. As for the others, I can at least get why they exist, and they don't seem like they'd be that hard to hack in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are already people on Serenes who use a modified fan-translation with custom names even outside the main fan translation. Things like changing Nohr/Hoshido to Anya/Byakuya so it's probably not exceptionally difficult to do. Probably boring though.

That quoted post doesn't make it especially explicit, but the fan translation team straight up intend to inject the US release's script into their version so for all of their "we want to get it done before Treehouse butcher it" and such, they're basically calling it quits and taking theirs and changing parts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:lol:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So are there people who get super-angry and patch Pokemon to restore the proper Pokemon names and stuff?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

So are there people who get super-angry and patch Pokemon to restore the proper Pokemon names and stuff?

Well, you can rename your pokemon anyway.

But there's still probably people out there who wish there were patches for that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Well, you can rename your pokemon anyway.

But there's still probably people out there who wish there were patches for that.

I mean more like "Excuse me, my game of Pocket Monsters starts in Masara Town, not Pallet Town, and I got my Hitokage from Okido-hakase! Nintendo doesn't even know what they're doing. Why change Fushigidane but keep Pikachu the same they're both Japanese?! And they put memes and references in too" stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ctrl+F "Super-Duper"
Insert "mondo cool"

ImpAtom posted:

I mean more like "Excuse me, my game of Pocket Monsters starts in Masara Town, not Pallet Town, and I got my Hitokage from Okido-hakase! Nintendo doesn't even know what they're doing. Why change Fushigidane but keep Pikachu the same they're both Japanese?! And they put memes and references in too" stuff.

Nah the pokemon scene seems to focus more on giving May huge breasts in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or making "You can catch everything also I've rewritten the story and changed the entire game balance so that everyone has level 80 legendaries from Gym 2 onwards".

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, there's probably people who wish patches like that existed. But Fire Emblem's had a translation and modding community for ages now, due to over half the games never getting translated, whereas Pokemon's modders are pretty much all "Let's just make it harder!".

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ctrl+F "Super-Duper"
Insert "mondo cool"

Nah the pokemon scene seems to focus more on giving May huge breasts in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or making "You can catch everything also I've rewritten the story and changed the entire game balance so that everyone has level 80 legendaries from Gym 2 onwards".

Mondo cool? That's entirely too localized for glorious Fan Translation. Just "very cool", nothing more.

... wait, are you saying they mod ORAS to give May's model big breasts?

Really?

Okay, I'm not sure they're much better anymore.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 13, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's a real thing.

Tagging it because not safe for life, no exposed breasts or anything on the image.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Yeah, it's a real thing.

Tagging it because not safe for life, no exposed breasts or anything on the image.

:wtc:

Someone please save reality.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wait, Fates isn't dual-language out of the box like Awakening was?

why

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vengarr posted:

why

Space issues, possibly. Fates is a lot bigger than Awakening was. Even if you just take one of the 3 games. Voice tracks take up a lot of space.

Unless the voices are Awakening-esque voices where it was like random words popping up during dialogue, which would thus be a small voice track... in which case I have to ask why you'd even bother having it be dual-audio anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vengarr posted:

why

Because two of the Japanese voices are singers signed under Being Inc. which is part of the RIAJ and they are very protective of copyrights

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Terper posted:

Because two of the Japanese voices are singers signed under Being Inc. which is part of the RIAJ and they are very protective of copyrights

Oh, was it actually this cropping up again? Yeah, sometimes America simply can't get the japanese voice track, because japanese voice acting companies are kinda dicks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yeah, it's a real thing.

I question the priorities of the people who spent the effort to do this, but calling big boobs NSFL is pretty laughable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

i mean, there's a difference between localizing pun names and changing Tsubaki to Subaki for no discernible reason except 'tsu is hard'

like, there are name changes in this game that i can get (crimson > scarlet, benoit > benny) but there are some that just make no sense.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

to be fair, modding in big boobs for a 12 y/o character is kinda sketchy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

to be fair, modding in big boobs for a 12 y/o character is kinda sketchy
the female protag in x/y was 18 wasn't she

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

i mean, there's a difference between localizing pun names and changing Tsubaki to Subaki for no discernible reason except 'tsu is hard'

like, there are name changes in this game that i can get (crimson > scarlet, benoit > benny) but there are some that just make no sense.

Lets be fair for a moment, tsu probably is hard. Making foreign sounds when you aren't used to it is actually reasonably difficult. We're just all used to it anyway. It's never going to be hebrew's ch sound (that is just evil incarnate), but it probably would've confused a fair amount of non-hardcore players. They'd probably get over it anyway, though.

Endorph posted:

They're older, but that doesn't mean May is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

she doesn't have a specified age that i found. but May is 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Lets be fair for a moment, tsu probably is hard. Making foreign sounds when you aren't used to it is actually reasonably difficult. We're just all used to it anyway. It's never going to be hebrew's ch sound (that is just evil incarnate), but it probably would've confused a fair amount of non-hardcore players. They'd probably get over it anyway, though.

Tsunami is a word we use in English

• Locked thread