Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So how much content does each campaign have

are they roughly awakening equivalent each so at least 100 or so hours

i ask cause moneys a little tight and if I can hold off on getting conquest for like a month as i make my way through birthright that'd be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah theyre each at least awakening

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Toxxupation posted:

i ask cause moneys a little tight and if I can hold off on getting conquest for like a month as i make my way through birthright that'd be nice

Yeah, they're all basically their own Awakening length campaign.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

fates: 29 chapters, 14 paralogues per route

awakening: 26 chapters, 23 paralogues

i wouldn't call it 'at least 100 hours' but then I wouldn't call awakening 100 hours unless you really like grinding, and you can do that in birthright like you can in awakening.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hmm ill probably end up droppin the 20 for conquest iguess

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblems are games you replay

I've spent like 200 hours on Awakening

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the first 6 chapters of the game and 6 paralogues are shared between routes, and revelations's paralogues are just all the other paralogues, it has no unique ones of its own. so overall you're getting about 23 chapters and 8 paralogues from nohr, and 23 chapters from revelations. unless you buy revelations without nohr ig, then those 8 paralogues will be new to you.

a few (emphasis on a few - like 2-3) maps are shared between campaigns but starting positions, enemy positions, and objectives are usually shuffled enough to make them unique. Revelations has more reused maps but the objectives and gimmicks are changed even more. overall you're basically paying like a dollar per unique map if you want to go by a really weird metric.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

slightly less than a dollar for hoshido!!!

but yeah idk, i wouldn't play an fe game that was like 73 maps long so this format is fine to me, and there's no rush to get every single route unless you are Huge FE fan. you can just pay that :10bux: whenever you want a new FE game to play.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So just to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row:

Each campaign is separate, in that you don't roll over your max level destroyer assholes from Birthright into Conquest. You effectively start over, and re-skinship the world. Do I have that right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"

Shinjobi posted:

Each campaign is separate, in that you don't roll over your max level destroyer assholes from Birthright into Conquest. You effectively start over, and re-skinship the world. Do I have that right?

Correct.

Your ducks are all in a row, congratulations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

yes. they are completely different games. not to mention that most of the allies in one campaign are bosses in the other, so you couldn't carry them over anyway. because they aren't playable.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

wait

does that mean

i have to re-choose my waifu

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Toxxupation posted:

wait

does that mean

Or switch your gender and pick a husbando. Or pick one of the gay options!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i dunno if i can handle so much responsibility

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What did Foleo's name get localized as

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fauxleo

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well I mean the second choice of waifu is from a completely different pool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

What did Foleo's name get localized as

Forrest

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I've never had a waifu but Florina was my girlfriend when I was 10

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

probably better than any of the puns in the actual game

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

I made her kiss Lyn.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Hm, I like his Japanese name more. Guess I have to boycott this now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Philip Rivers posted:

same but 13

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tell me he's a mercenary, please. Not that it would be a deliberate FE4 reference but still.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Tell me he's a mercenary, please. Not that it would be a deliberate FE4 reference but still.
he's a troubadour

but you can make him a merc if you feel like it, just make his mom severa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toxxupation posted:

wait

does that mean

$60 bucks for three separate waifus is a goddamn steal.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I actually have no idea whose kid is who, except for Kana and Eponine, and all I know about the latter is that she's Niles' kid. :downs:

E: Male troub is cool tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

I actually have no idea whose kid is who, except for Kana and Eponine, and all I know about the latter is that she's Niles' kid. :downs:

jakob is a male troub also, he's just semi-promoted.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

AlphaKretin posted:

I actually threw a doc together detailing who I'd like to marry who in each route. :suicide:

Which made me notice something; If I play a male and marry one of the first gen women who could marry one of the other fathers, then that leaves one of the fathers without a wife and prevents their kid from appearing. So, if I'm playing Nohr* then I have to marry Scarlet, Reina, or one of the kids in order to allow all the children to be playable.

*e: Oh god, how the hell did I type Nohr instead of Hoshido?

Dresh fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 14, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

neither reina nor scarlet are in nohr so im assuming you meant to type hoshido

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Dresh posted:

I actually threw a doc together detailing who I'd like to marry who in each route. :suicide:
No shame in that, I'd be doing that same if I knew enough about the characters and classes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Endorph posted:

neither reina nor scarlet are in nohr so im assuming you meant to type hoshido

Yes. Yes I did.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

apparently the kids aren't that great/plot important, and getting them all in conquest is supposed to be kind of challenging, so I wouldn't worry too much about that unless recruiting everyone is important to you or you want to get the kids for their recruitment maps

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

so if I'm female corrin and marry the wrong person i can get hosed out of characters?

who do you avoid in conquest, then?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's only if you play as guy Corrin

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no its male corrin thats a problem

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

so if I'm female corrin and marry the wrong person i can get hosed out of characters?

who do you avoid in conquest, then?

you're fine if you're a girl because the dads are the ones that have kids tied to them this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Next time they use the children mechanic, they had better just toss in a timeskip like in Genealogy of the Holy War.

• Locked thread