Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

Assuming that Excalibur is someone's personal brave weapon, yes. If the natural doubler with the higher speed attacked, the order of attacks in the battle would go Natural>Excal wielder>Excal>Natural, if the person wielding Excalibur attacked, it would go Excal>Excal>Natural>Natural.

If the Excal wielder is faster they'll get four attacks, two on either side of the target's if they go first.

That isn't the case though. Going by Serenes Forest Excalibur amount other things does "ability to double attack +5, enemy’s ability to double attack +5". So I just want to check if that means if both units have the same speed do they both double or does it mean that in a fight between two units with one using Excalibur, someone is going to get a double attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

"birthright and love" vs "conquest and fate"

game is FE fate

conquest confirmed canon route

canon my balls

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

That isn't the case though. Going by Serenes Forest Excalibur amount other things does "ability to double attack +5, enemy’s ability to double attack +5". So I just want to check if that means if both units have the same speed do they both double or does it mean that in a fight between two units with one using Excalibur, someone is going to get a double attack.

...So it does nothing because it boosts both by the same amount...? :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it boosts ability to double attack, not ability to not get double attacked

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Motto posted:

canon my balls

birthright confirmed to be a bitch rear end dating sim mode

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

it boosts ability to double attack, not ability to not get double attacked

So it kind of works like an inverse steel weapon. It effects your ability to double, but not your defense against being doubled.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The best fog of war map is 1-9 in Radiant Dawn. It's a good gimmick map overall.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've kinda been holding off on asking but curiosity has gotten to me, is Conquest just "evil dudes" path or is it more complex? Thinking back on the trailers and how everyone fuckin' loves black I'm kinda wondering what I'm getting into story wise.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've kinda been holding off on asking but curiosity has gotten to me, is Conquest just "evil dudes" path or is it more complex? Thinking back on the trailers and how everyone fuckin' loves black I'm kinda wondering what I'm getting into story wise.

All the major villains are from Nohr but not everybody from Nohr is a villain. Most of them just like to wear black.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

it isn't an evil dudes path but it isn't very complex either. it's just 'oh, we're not bad people, but we're loyal to our evil dad.'

it's like an entire game of playing as camus basically

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
same

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

it isn't an evil dudes path but it isn't very complex either. it's just 'oh, we're not bad people, but we're loyal to our evil dad.'

it's like an entire game of playing as camus basically

Can you be suicidally loyal to your Hitler boss like Camus, Selena, Zelgius, guy who wanted Zelgius-sempai to notice him, Bryce, and countless other dumbasses?

I want to know what it's like to be the one to give the "yes i'm a good person but LOYALTY is what prevents me from telling my boss to gently caress off, now please kill me" speech.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This would be a good threat title.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Can you be suicidally loyal to your Hitler boss like Camus, Selena, Zelgius, guy who wanted Zelgius-sempai to notice him, Bryce, and countless other dumbasses?

I want to know what it's like to be the one to give the "yes i'm a good person but LOYALTY is what prevents me from telling my boss to gently caress off, now please kill me" speech.
you kind of can, yes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

5 days

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This would be a good threat title.

Agreed

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'll ask Facts to change it when it's like Thursday or something.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Has there been any word about that listing in Target's database for "Fire Emblem Special"?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Funky Valentine posted:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm sad you can't just go full evil with the Nohr side and butcher your way through the Hoshido family with zero regrets.

Blood doesn't mean poo poo when its on my axe.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm sad you can't just go full evil with the Nohr side and butcher your way through the Hoshido family with zero regrets.

Blood doesn't mean poo poo when its on my axe.

On Nohr you are working for someone comically evil who literally tries to use you as a suicide bomber.

spoiler occurs before the route split.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

real talk i was real sad when i found out i couldn't recruit this dude

i thought he would be the lorenz of awakening

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Good news, you can use the Capture skill to capture NPC enemy bosses.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

gimme more lorenz and less generic horrible poo poo head boss mans

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Onmi posted:

Good news, you can use the Capture skill to capture NPC enemy bosses.

I thought it was only generic units though? Not like any of the other routes characters or story NPCs?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks like there are thirteen enemy bosses that you can capture. They have no personal skills, only one base class, and cannot support, but apparently have higher growths to compensate for this.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Bongo Bill posted:

It looks like there are thirteen enemy bosses that you can capture. They have no personal skills, only one base class, and cannot support, but apparently have higher growths to compensate for this.

I'm really disappointed I can't S support Candace.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

LODGE NORTH posted:

Has there been any word about that listing in Target's database for "Fire Emblem Special"?

http://www.gametraders.com.au/store?term=Fire+Emblem
:downs:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pretty sure they mean the American Target.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I know the question just reminded me of that hilarious non-listing.

Target and Gametraders aren't even remotely affilated I'd have to be pretty dumb to think that was an answer to his question.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I hope there are a lot of supports for me to unlock and collect in this game

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ignis is now Ignatius. With that I think we have all the kid names now?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Ignis is now Ignatius. With that I think we have all the kid names now?

:waycool:

E: But seriously Ignatius is fine. The name sure as hell couldn't stay the same with it being a skill in English.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

lunatic nohr actually has weaker enemies but their positions make the side-objectives and such a pain.

Unless Lunatic Nohr enemies are randomly weaker than Hard Nohr this is not true. I'm comparing the endgame to Hoshido Lunatic and no enemy in Hoshido has capped stats while Nohr's does, The one berserker on the map is more powerful than the generic ones on Hoshido (aside from the randos that have skills for some reason but that's skills, not stats and an anomaly for one), and the boss has way more bite to him than his equivalent. That's a common story in Hoshido, none of the bosses have any real teeth to them at all.

So Hoshido has weaker but more numerous (and I mean numerous) enemies, Nohr has smaller, but more powerful groups of enemies that are often augmented by unique skillsets and disadvantageous dragon veins, and the bosses are way more deadly on the whole.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

They're not really worth bothering with on normal but they're actually really good on Lunatic, since they have weird skill set-ups and high bases. Like the Oni boss you can capture in Nohr has the peg's doubling skill, which does a lot to make up for his low speed, and has 21 base str and defense. And you'd be capturing him in chapter 13.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The nerf on pair up stats should make generics more viable since youre not losing out on near-guaranteed attacks and invincibility.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if I wanna go from easy to hard it's better to start with the FE that has the lobster lord on the cover right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

So if I wanna go from easy to hard it's better to start with the FE that has the lobster lord on the cover right?
i mean, maybe? normal nohr is still pretty easy though

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

But Walhart didn't get a spinoff? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm still waiting for the EU preorders for the special edition to appear. The Nintendo UK tweeted about the SE back in November and thats all the EU news I've seen so far.

• Locked thread