Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iwentdoodie posted:

The gaggles of eight year olds were not.

People will never stop being terrible.

blk posted:

Ryan Reynolds gets to go home every night and gently caress Blake Lively; how is that underdog?

I don't feel bad for the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Deadpool was loving awesome.

Seriously. As I was watching it I was thinking who the gently caress brings their kids to an r rated movie?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
My most hilarious experience with that was team america. My friends and I were joking around before the movie started and may have said some inappropriate things and got some looks from some lady with her kids. They got up and left fairly early on.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

And he got to grab Moreena Baccarin's tits. I wonder how many takes that scene had.

Depends on how into charachter he was.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:geno:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

I'm not sure this is even possible. I think pro cycling is like the beta test for performance enhancing drugs.

For things like microdosing and blood value manipulation, yes. However there's many more other drugs that cyclists wont touch / detectable that is pretty much open slather in contact sports, especially about explosive power cyclists just don't need or would come up in the much greater testing schedule cyclists have.

ilkhan posted:

100km on the bike today. Had a big breakfast, a big lunch at the midpoint, and half a pizza for dinner.
Still 1500 calories below goal. Its a good day.

I pulled 100km yesterday and hated it - cramped like a mofo for half of it. Thankfully I have a week of carbs leading up to my race this weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elmnt80 posted:

Depends on how into charachter he was.

"drat it CUT. What's my motivation again?"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Never thought I'd wind up with my pants soaked in piss while at work. Or, well, anywhere. :stare:

One of our regulars is a guy with MS who can't get around very well. He usually uses an office chair to scoot around his apartment, using his arms to pull himself along. He also keeps the door unlocked (it's a higher end gated apartment complex, and he's on the top floor, so I don't blame him). Got there tonight, knocked, heard "come in!"... and... he'd been on the floor for over an hour. And had knocked over a urinal.

Tried to help him back into his chair several times, but I couldn't lift him. He finally insisted that I go back to work and said he'd call someone, but asked me to call and check on him in a bit. So I did, and couldn't get an answer. So I did the needful and sent paramedics over there, telling them that a diabetic with MS was down and I wasn't able to reach him, and asked if they could check on him.

He called me a bit later and thanked me for sending someone. :3: Spending a bit of time helping him kinda hosed us on deliveries for a bit since we're already on a shoestring staff on Mondays, but the dispatcher called my other orders and told them why I was running late and comped their orders for them.

Had I done that at Pizza Hut, I would have either been written up or fired. Pizza Hut tried to fire me for stopping when the car in front of me got t-boned, saying I "exposed the company to an unnecessary legal risk", but wrote me up instead. :fuckoff:

iwentdoodie posted:

My theater of choice strongly frowns upon anyone under 18 being in their theaters. Even for a G rated movie.

They do have "family hours" where they allow kids under 6 (with parents) and teens, but outside of those hours you can't get in there under 18 unless your parents bring you.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
What the heck do all you cyclists do for cramps? I drink a ton of water (gal/day easy) and even with the usual remedies I still cramp like a son of a bitch. Bananas were my go to, veggies didn't help... Even tried mustard, which is apparently high in magnesium and is supposed to help.

I don't know if it's the combination of being sick for a month plus the strong antibiotics or what, but I'm getting way more leg cramps than usual.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Magnesium is very poorly absorbed by the GI tract. This is one case where taking a multivitamin (or two for the first day) may help. They normally don't do poo poo for most people, but they don't hurt.

Make sure you choose one with little or no selenium/vitamin E if you're going to try. That's something you do not want too much of. Everything else just generally makes your pee smell weird.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Uh, glory? He looks like an avocado hosed an older, uglier avocado.

Hatefucked, like there were some issues in the relationship.

iwentdoodie posted:

some texas redneck posted:

They do have "family hours" where they allow kids under 6 (with parents) and teens, but outside of those hours you can't get in there under 18 unless your parents bring you.

What theater lets an eight-year-old(s dude) into a R at any time without a parent?

I didn't see them but judging from the sound of the coughing there was at least one relatively small child in the showing I went to. I don't know what goes through some people's heads when choosing what movie to take their kid to. It has red-band trailers, dick jokes galore, Ryan Reynolds getting pegged, and some form of "gently caress" about every minute and twenty seconds. There's nothing even remotely child appropriate in the entire thing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

its cool and good that my phone uses a time thats 2 minutes earlier than the time my hw submission closes

went to submit at what i thought was 1157 and "the assignment was closed at 1159"

guess thats one of the two "lowest homework scores dropped" for that class used up

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Never thought I'd wind up with my pants soaked in piss while at work. Or, well, anywhere. :stare:

One of our regulars is a guy with MS who can't get around very well. He usually uses an office chair to scoot around his apartment, using his arms to pull himself along. He also keeps the door unlocked (it's a higher end gated apartment complex, and he's on the top floor, so I don't blame him). Got there tonight, knocked, heard "come in!"... and... he'd been on the floor for over an hour. And had knocked over a urinal.

Tried to help him back into his chair several times, but I couldn't lift him. He finally insisted that I go back to work and said he'd call someone, but asked me to call and check on him in a bit. So I did, and couldn't get an answer. So I did the needful and sent paramedics over there, telling them that a diabetic with MS was down and I wasn't able to reach him, and asked if they could check on him.

He called me a bit later and thanked me for sending someone. :3: Spending a bit of time helping him kinda hosed us on deliveries for a bit since we're already on a shoestring staff on Mondays, but the dispatcher called my other orders and told them why I was running late and comped their orders for them.

You're a good dude for doing that.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

QuarkMartial posted:

What the heck do all you cyclists do for cramps? I drink a ton of water (gal/day easy) and even with the usual remedies I still cramp like a son of a bitch. Bananas were my go to, veggies didn't help... Even tried mustard, which is apparently high in magnesium and is supposed to help.

I don't know if it's the combination of being sick for a month plus the strong antibiotics or what, but I'm getting way more leg cramps than usual.

Bro do u even stretch

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
It hasn't really been a problem for me. My understanding is that no one is really completely clear on why they happen or how to prevent then other than stay hydrated and take electrolytes or something. Long days where I'm going to be working hard I always make sure to drink something more than just water and eat enough. I like those margarita flavored shot blocks, and then will just throw some gatorade in one if the bottles. The other one is always straight water, when I get hot and tired I generally can't stand anything else.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hatefucked, like there were some issues in the relationship.

What theater lets an eight-year-old(s dude) into a R at any time without a parent?

I didn't see them but judging from the sound of the coughing there was at least one relatively small child in the showing I went to. I don't know what goes through some people's heads when choosing what movie to take their kid to. It has red-band trailers, dick jokes galore, Ryan Reynolds getting pegged, and some form of "gently caress" about every minute and twenty seconds. There's nothing even remotely child appropriate in the entire thing.

There was a family with no less than five sub 10 year old kids in our showing, plus random couples with one or two. It was ridiculous.

On another note...the other day my wife went to Lush, and bought a poo poo ton of bath bombs and some face scrub for me (poo poo is so expensive but it's the only thing I've found that keeps my face clear) and tonight convinced me to take a bath with one of the bath bombs.

As a 29yr old male, that is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable loving things I've ever had. Holy poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

One of my coworkers also works at lush and she always smells like a gummy candy :3:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think I was only 9 when my dad took me to see terminator 2 in the theater :v:

Good dad

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

iwentdoodie posted:

On another note...the other day my wife went to Lush, and bought a poo poo ton of bath bombs and some face scrub for me (poo poo is so expensive but it's the only thing I've found that keeps my face clear) and tonight convinced me to take a bath with one of the bath bombs.

As a 29yr old male, that is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable loving things I've ever had. Holy poo poo.

Goddamnit. You just made me wipe out my tips from tonight...

Hopefully they'll be waiting for me when I get home on Saturday. I know I'll have new speakers for the car waiting too, unless UPS manages to drop them off by noon tomorrow.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

About a year and a half ago I got a sample of some Jack Black turbo wash with some shaving cream. Smelled nice with eucalyptus and lavender. I ended up buying some and it's the best thing to wake up to every morning. Never thought I'd spend $50 on body wash but here I am. My skin isn't as dry and I don't even use any cologne. My wife likes how I smell too. I've started using their deodorant as well.

What I'm saying is nice smelling bath stuffs is good for the soul and I totally agree.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Enourmo posted:

its cool and good that my phone uses a time thats 2 minutes earlier than the time my hw submission closes

went to submit at what i thought was 1157 and "the assignment was closed at 1159"

guess thats one of the two "lowest homework scores dropped" for that class used up

Get Sprint, my phone time was always accurate with them. Mine with AT&T is always slow. I think it has something to do with GSM. You should probably own an actual clock or something though.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

There was a family with no less than five sub 10 year old kids in our showing, plus random couples with one or two. It was ridiculous.

I don't care for baths because the water seems to go cold really quick, and I find sitting in tepid nipple-height (or lower) water pretty uninteresting. If I could get a bath that recirculated the water through a heater the whole time, I'd probably enjoy it more; as it stands, the constant dance of draining a little water and topping up with hot (scalding my feet with no effect on my back) makes me say gently caress it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CharlesM posted:

Get Sprint, my phone time was always accurate with them. Mine with AT&T is always slow. I think it has something to do with GSM. You should probably own an actual clock or something though.

i do and my pc clock is accurate i was just sitting at a table with just my phone

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

I have Sprint, and have for years. It doesn't work well in downtown Phoenix (??) and is generally poo poo unless I'm in the boonies then I get like 5 bars 4G LTE in the middle of backwater Idaho or Florence AZ or whatever. Weird.

Would not buy again C----/

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

I have Sprint, and have for years. It doesn't work well in downtown Phoenix (??) and is generally poo poo unless I'm in the boonies then I get like 5 bars 4G LTE in the middle of backwater Idaho or Florence AZ or whatever. Weird.

Would not buy again C----/

Nah I ditched Sprint because even phone and texting stopped working. Always had plenty of signal but their network was overloaded. The clock was synced to atomic time though :P

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't care for baths because the water seems to go cold really quick, and I find sitting in tepid nipple-height (or lower) water pretty uninteresting. If I could get a bath that recirculated the water through a heater the whole time, I'd probably enjoy it more; as it stands, the constant dance of draining a little water and topping up with hot (scalding my feet with no effect on my back) makes me say gently caress it.

I want one of those old people bathtubs that's 3 feet deep.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CharlesM posted:

My phone (GSM on T-Mobile) clock is about a minute faster than my PC clock, and my PC clock is synced to NIST every few days.

Geirskogul posted:

I ditched Sprint a few years ago because they never delivered on their promises of LTE out here. My phone actually started showing an LTE signal about 2 days before my service was shut off, but I had absolutely no data anytime it showed LTE near home. Their maps, of course, showed that I should have a strong LTE signal. During the Wimax days, the maps showed the same, and I only saw Wimax light up once in my neighborhood (and it was slower, if that's even possible, than Sprint's normal 3G service). Surprisingly most of Denton was blanketed in a strong Wimax signal, but Plano? Nope.

It would show LTE when I was near downtown Dallas, but with speeds around 5mbit. I pull 20+ mbit on HSPA+ on T-Mobile, and I've broken 100mbit on T-Mobile LTE plenty of times...

Though my Sprint phone would work in the middle of loving nowhere (it actually worked in the middle of the Ozarks on a back road in BFE), while my T-Mobile phone goes "what signal?" when I'm not far off of a highway (and I had no signal whatsoever on I-10 between Midland and El Paso last time I went out there - I'd get voice-only service if I was near a town, but back to nothing as soon as I got back on the highway). But I'm also paying less for my service today than what I was paying Sprint for the majority of my time with them (11 years).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 16, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Enourmo posted:

i do and my pc clock is accurate i was just sitting at a table with just my phone

The lesson to learn here (I'm sure you know this already) is that 2 minutes before deadline is too late. An hour min, 24 if possible.

On-topic story a fella in one of my classes back at uni missed a major assignment and claimed it was because a housemate had a medical emergency just before he was about to submit, by the time things got sorted he missed the deadline by a couple of hours. No leniency was offered because he had 2 months to submit and missed it by 2 hours.

As it happens there was a real medical emergency, but if you plan to submit 2 hours before a 2 month deadline you really didn't plan very well.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mariooncrack posted:

You're a good dude for doing that.

Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to do more.

He's in a 3rd floor apartment. No elevators, can't walk, no wheelchair, so he's hosed if there's a fire. He seems a little off mentally, though I'm not sure if there's something going on or if he just lacks social skills. Apartment is in a very nice complex, but the apartment is a wreck and full of garbage (and piss jugs). He orders 2-3 days of food at a time, and I saw a lot of Amazon Prime Now bags there too, so he's likely getting Amazon to deliver groceries (kinda surprised I haven't delivered to him while working for Amazon, actually, but I've delivered to him a few times with Dining In).

He's a really nice guy, but I don't think he really has anyone helping him or caring for him, and every time I see him the place is worse and he's a little bit worse off. I'm kinda tempted to contact APS, but before I do that, next time I see him I'll try and find out if he has anyone that checks in on him. I don't want to be part of taking away what little freedom he has, but the dude is going downhill and definitely needs assistance with the most basic daily living tasks. Someone's obviously helping him financially; rent at that property isn't cheap, and he has satellite service + a pretty recent ~40" TV, and he can afford to have delivery services bring him food regularly.

tl;dr yeah I'm a little bothered by his situation

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 16, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MustardFacial posted:

You can use rope instead of buying TRX bands right? I'm not overlooking some super valuable feature of TRX bands am I?

I bought some olympic rings and straps from Amazon for about $25 and use them to gently caress myself up reasonably often. You can use them for trx style poo poo as well as proper ring exercises.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

QuarkMartial posted:

Somedays it's random paaaaaaain and you just have to stop, others it can be prevented by hydration, electroytes and eating properly before the ride. I usually find a lighter and very carb intensive meal works. I had ham and cheese sandwiches yesterday and oooooh poo poo did I suffer riding. The time I had similar gut busting pain - McDonalds.

Muscle / stomach cramps are just a bitch.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

iwentdoodie posted:

when I tried one, my relaxation soon dried up after 20mins of scrubbing to remove the lush stain from the bathtub afterwards.

tl;dr yeah I'm a little bothered by his situation

That's because you are a nice guy

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The starter on a 4th generation eclipse (or anything with the 4g69 motor for that matter) can suck a big fat one. Its hidden behind the exhaust manifold with just about everything in the way. Me and a friend tried for ~5 hours to remove it without taking the exhaust manifold off since all the "official" stuff says its perfectly doable and we didn't have exhaust manifold gaskets. We gave up and I'm getting exhaust gaskets tomorrow, gently caress this.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tusen Takk posted:

One of my coworkers also works at lush and she always smells like a gummy candy :3:

Yes, but how does she taste?

Dont judge, you had the same thought too, filthy pervs... :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Everyones too scared to take the last spot with a lil snow in it. Dude left like 10 feet between him and the curb. BEEP BEEP MAKE WAY SIDEWAYS PARKER.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I finally found out what sort of parents take their children (3,8,9,11) to see Deadpool.

Keykey's cousin posted:

FYI....very,very graphic for children, had to cover the little ones faces like 4 times lol...

They are a burden on society, so.. Yeah. THOSE people.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Good on ya, man.

quote:

Had I done that at Pizza Hut, I would have either been written up or fired. Pizza Hut tried to fire me for stopping when the car in front of me got t-boned, saying I "exposed the company to an unnecessary legal risk", but wrote me up instead. :fuckoff:

And you could have sued them for wrongful dismissal. Texas has a Good Samaritan law that REQUIREs you to stop and render aid.

quote:

My theater of choice strongly frowns upon anyone under 18 being in their theaters. Even for a G rated movie.

Alamo Drafthouse rocks, and I can't wait until they build the Irving location. Much, much closer to home than Richardson, and right on top of work. Hell, I think the almost-completed location in downtown Dallas is closer.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

I finally found out what sort of parents take their children (3,8,9,11) to see Deadpool.

They are a burden on society, so.. Yeah. THOSE people.

"Why are my kids so violent and using bad words? I don't understand where they could have learned that stuff. Must be TV."

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Darchangel posted:

And you could have sued them for wrongful dismissal. Texas has a Good Samaritan law that REQUIREs you to stop and render aid.

No, it does not require you to do anything, that'd be dumb. It does however absolve you of liability should you choose to render aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Welp, FUCK2016 is official for me. My Wife got a call from her Aunt on her birthday. The police entered my FIL's house and found him deceased. He lived alone in CA. We are both in shock, he was so fit and really quirky. What do I do now? I've never had to deal with losing a parent. Will we have to go out there I guess? Any help figuring out what to do would be appreciated. :negative: This sucks, he was so cool.

• Locked thread