Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

C-Euro posted:

Reminder that this guy's first job with the Lions was security guard, and then he went on to have a few respectable seasons playing for them. Also he went to school at Oakland University which is in the area. Feel-good story if you ask me.

Godspeed Joique :unsmith:

Yeah, Joique was/is a really cool hometown dude. I'm sad to see him go, but have no doubt that he'll get picked up by a good team with a solid O-line, and probably reinvigorate his career. He just needs to keep himself healthy.

I guess this means that, barring a free agency or draft pickup, the backfield combo is Abdullah/Riddick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

C-Euro posted:

Reminder that this guy's first job with the Lions was security guard, and then he went on to have a few respectable seasons playing for them. Also he went to school at Oakland University which is in the area. Feel-good story if you ask me.

Wayne State. Oakland doesn't have a football team, just a good basketball team

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears released Jermon Bushrod (LT), apparently having failed his physical. Frees up $4.3M in cap space.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In three successive years he tore a pec, blew out his knee, and then tore something else. Sucky way to end a career.

Patellar tendon, which is a career killer.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Febreeze posted:

Basketball and hockey are in full swing, assholes

Don't watch baseball until those two leave us and we have nothing else. Coincidentally that's when Baseball games start to actually mean something

This is when I wish I had cable. :(

I guess I could watch streams, but eh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
All of this RG3 talk made this thing I found in the archives relevant:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Basketball and hockey are in full swing, assholes

Don't watch baseball until those two leave us and we have nothing else. Coincidentally that's when Baseball games start to actually mean something

Wild and Timberwolves :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

True.

Go Angels anyway, though.

Mike Trout owns

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Mike Trout owns

I can't remember, why do you hate the Padres? Other than them never being good of course.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I can't remember, why do you hate the Padres? Other than them never being good of course.

Local radio, never grew up watching them, NL baseball sucks

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Donkwich posted:

When does the ultimate frisbee league start

My spring league starts in six weeks, summer league in May. But there is a pick up game Saturdays in Minneapolis that plays all year round, rain shine or sub zero temps. :getin:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Popy posted:

someone lie to me, and tell me the D-backs will be good this year plz.

Grittybeard posted:

A couple of them are really highly thought of!

They'll be gone long before you pick though.

The Packers secondary is stacked though, even with Hayward probably leaving in FA. I know it's Ted and BPA and value and whatever but I can't see the Packers drafting DBs this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Popy posted:

someone lie to me, and tell me the D-backs will be good this year plz.

the diamondbacks will be really bad

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember those 60,000+ crowds in Fed Ex field chanting "R G 3 R G 3" . Man that seems like a lifetime ago.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/699650611474731008?s=09

quote:

According to the NFLs 990 from 2013:

Rodger Goodell: Total 2013 Compensation $35 Million
Base Compensation: 3,487,000

Bonus and Incentive: 31,114,000

Other Compensation: 341,000

Retirement: 34,000

Non Tax benfits: 41,000

TOTAL COMP: 35,017,000

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
what are goodell's incentives?

$100 every time he punches a small child in the face
$1,000 for every denial of the degenerative effects of football on the human body
$1,000,000 for every complete mishandling of situations covered on national media

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Vinny Cerrato wrote that contract

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Man "Good"ell makes a "bad" amount of money!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Man "Good"ell makes a "bad" amount of money!

a joke an actual human being thought and wrote

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm going to Charlotte next year for Chargers/Panthers. Gonna own.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm going to Charlotte next year for Chargers/Panthers. Gonna own.

:respek:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ross Angeles posted:

Mike Trout owns a giant jug of PEDs

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 17, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

It's all downhill from here. Turtles all the way down.

7torm's gonna come back?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Mystic Stylez posted:

a joke an actual human being thought and wrote

poo poo, you're right. It should have been "A Good-Hell of a lot of money"

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never paid very close attention to Washington and the ballad of RG3. Did he just get screwed by a bad situation in Washington, or is he unfit to be an NFL quarterback like so many Heisman winning QBs before him?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

All of this RG3 talk made this thing I found in the archives relevant:

both used up and cast aside to make room for white dudes

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

marauderthirty posted:

I never paid very close attention to Washington and the ballad of RG3. Did he just get screwed by a bad situation in Washington, or is he unfit to be an NFL quarterback like so many Heisman winning QBs before him?

Little bit o' Column A, little bit of column B

He was a legit good QB his rookie year, but Shanahan kind of ruined him by making him play when he wasn't healthy enough and Shanahan didn't like him in general. But after he came back he still had a stupid disregard for his own body (leading to injuries) and he never learned how to properly read a defense and make reads because the offense he was good in was very simple.

I personally think he's toast at this point, but you never know.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

marauderthirty posted:

A combination of his own personal issues and him being broken on the field.

So basically imagine the Ballad of Johnny Football except instead of never seeing play time he was thrown out there so often that he literally broke himself.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Little bit o' Column A, little bit of column B

He was a legit good QB his rookie year, but Shanahan kind of ruined him by making him play when he wasn't healthy enough and Shanahan didn't like him in general. But after he came back he still had a stupid disregard for his own body (leading to injuries) and he never learned how to properly read a defense and make reads because the offense he was good in was very simple.

I still don't know what to think about RG3 because of this. I mean, yeah he probably has issues and they're probably a big deal, but Shanahan went completely scorched earth on him through the media. If I believed everything written about him I have to believe the Redskins are even dumber than I already think they are, which isn't really possible.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Magicpants posted:

why is it okay for a black guy to say black people should be in chains, but whenever I say that

Well it's still bad but only about 60% as offensive.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Rg3 was amazing in an unsustainable one read option offense and when it came to learning how to become a pocket passer and work through multiple reads(important to note this was griffins idea) it became apparent that he panicked if the first read was covered and sprint out of the pocket, whether to the outside or even worse, straight loving back.

Or the redskins are evil and grossly incompetent, depends on how you look at it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You remind me of my boss. English isn't his first language so we always have to make sure he didn't mean "and" when he writes "or."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shiksa posted:

Or the redskins are evil and grossly incompetent, depends on how you look at it.

I mean at this point is there much reason to doubt this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Febreeze posted:

and he never learned how to properly read a defense and make reads

Pretend I posted that image of all his receivers being open with a clean pocket so he proceeded to take a sack.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 17, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
:siren:HERE'S ALL OF MARCUS PETERS' INTERCEPTIONS LAST YEAR :siren:

Everyone should talk about how good he is. Darrelle Revis? More like Bore-elle Revis if you know what I mean.

https://streamable.com/5klv

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 17, 2016

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

whypick1 posted:

Pretend I posted that image of all his receivers being open with a clean pocket so he proceeded to take a sack.

Related/Interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dskins-offense/

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 17, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thank you, my phone was being stupid.

HOW DO YOU NOT THROW IT TO ANYONE THERE?!?!?!?!?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Thank you, my phone was being stupid.

HOW DO YOU NOT THROW IT TO ANYONE THERE?!?!?!?!?

This is why I think he's just gunshy/broken for some indeterminate reason now. You can talk about one read offenses as much as you want, but what read was bad here?

Rookie RG3 launches that to one of the deep out/corner routes.

Er...read. Not reason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 17, 2016

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Eifert Posting posted:

Well it's still bad but only about 60% as offensive.

I get it 3/5ths right that's what you were going for with this one right. Buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, this is like one of those beginner's tutorials on Madden for teaching the player how to find open receivers.

• Locked thread